PDA

View Full Version : G2....Tatum?

Bullaholic
09-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Have You seen Tatum play yet this season? 41-17 over Pittsburg gets my attention....

Gsquared
09-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Have You seen Tatum play yet this season? 41-17 over Pittsburg gets my attention....
No I havnt seen them this year yet. Im going thru thier schedule and gonna go see them in the next few weeks though.

lostaussie
09-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Have You seen Tatum play yet this season? 41-17 over Pittsburg gets my attention.... Pittsburg=not played nobody. Tatum gave them just what I expected. Them Tatum folks starting to talk a lot. I still don't know if they have what it will take to beat Daingerfield. I sure hope we get the chance to see though!!!

PPSTATEBOUND
09-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Tatum takes 2A D1 2010, put that in the bank.:)

wimbo_pro
09-27-2010, 11:18 AM
BTW G2...it was nice to meet you the other night! Hope you enjoyed your trip to town!

waterboy
09-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Tatum is good, very good. Whether they have enough to beat Daingerfield or Cameron Yoe remains to be seen. I think the state title goes through these three towns for the 2A-D1 title. Tatum has something this year that they haven't had in a long time, depth.......quality depth. Daingerfield looked gased in their game with Gilmer, but they always do. It looks like the Tigers have more players going both ways this year than they have the last two. If conditioning becomes a factor, Daingerfield will likely get to the championship game and lose to the winner of region 3, which I think will be the winner of Tatum and Cameron Yoe. I'm not discounting that one or two other teams in that region could pull an upset, but if I were a betting man it would be Tatum/Cameron Yoe against Daingerfield in the championship game.

BaseballUmp
09-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Tatum is good, very good. Whether they have enough to beat Daingerfield or Cameron Yoe remains to be seen. I think the state title goes through these three towns for the 2A-D1 title. Tatum has something this year that they haven't had in a long time, depth.......quality depth. Daingerfield looked gased in their game with Gilmer, but they always do. It looks like the Tigers have more players going both ways this year than they have the last two. If conditioning becomes a factor, Daingerfield will likely get to the championship game and lose to the winner of region 3, which I think will be the winner of Tatum and Cameron Yoe. I'm not discounting that one or two other teams in that region could pull an upset, but if I were a betting man it would be Tatum/Cameron Yoe against Daingerfield in the championship game.

I like your style. Cameron Tatum Region III title game would be a good one for sure.

Bullaholic
09-27-2010, 11:27 AM
OMG--Pass the smelling salts---REAL HS football talk...:D

Yoe_09
09-27-2010, 11:37 AM
I have to agree that Pittsburg hadent played anyone to the point of the Tatum game and it showed. The Cameron Yoe/Tatum matchup in the quarter-finals would be a great one if both teams make it that far. The winner of that should get Daingerfield because the road for them is not very difficult.

What does Tatum look like? I know that Gilmer played them earlier and lost by like 1 score but I also heard Gilmer is playing a lot better as of recently.

BaseballUmp
09-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Tatum takes 2A D1 2010, put that in the bank.:)
How much are you willing to withdraw after December??? :D hypothetically speaking of course lol

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 11:47 AM
OMG--Pass the smelling salts---REAL HS football talk...:D It is getting there for sure. It is nice to see.:D

waterboy
09-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I have to agree that Pittsburg hadent played anyone to the point of the Tatum game and it showed. The Cameron Yoe/Tatum matchup in the quarter-finals would be a great one if both teams make it that far. The winner of that should get Daingerfield because the road for them is not very difficult.

What does Tatum look like? I know that Gilmer played them earlier and lost by like 1 score but I also heard Gilmer is playing a lot better as of recently.
Yes, we lost to Tatum in our second game of the season. At the time we were replacing the Miller brothers who were the stalwarts of our defense. Our defense was totally ineffective against them due to players not knowing their positions and blowing assignments. We also had 5 TOs and several dropped passes (2 of which were wide open in the end zone). These are not excuses, just facts, yet we still had a chance to win that game in the end and came up short. The same against Jacksonville, 5 TOs and defensive problems, and a chance to win in the end. We have since corrected the defensive problems, and stopped turning the ball over so much. Gilmer could easily be 5-0, instead of 3-2 at this point. Tatum is very good, and I'd be surprised if anyone other than Cameron Yoe could beat them. It would be a good matchup, and being as I don't know that much about the Yoemen I can't make a good judgment as to who would be the favorite.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
How much are you willing to withdraw after December??? :D hypothetically speaking of course lol

Yoe has a good team, I overrated a few of their opponents early on..now that the dust has settled and rankings too, I feel they are not as strong as I first thought '''although a very strong 2a bunch"...At this time I feel as if Tatum has the clear edge....:)

BaseballUmp
09-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Yes, we lost to Tatum in our second game of the season. At the time we were replacing the Miller brothers who were the stalwarts of our defense. Our defense was totally ineffective against them due to players not knowing their positions and blowing assignments. We also had 5 TOs and several dropped passes (2 of which were wide open in the end zone). These are not excuses, just facts, yet we still had a chance to win that game in the end and came up short. The same against Jacksonville, 5 TOs and defensive problems, and a chance to win in the end. We have since corrected the defensive problems, and stopped turning the ball over so much. Gilmer could easily be 5-0, instead of 3-2 at this point. Tatum is very good, and I'd be surprised if anyone other than Cameron Yoe could beat them. It would be a good matchup, and being as I don't know that much about the Yoemen I can't make a good judgment as to who would be the favorite.

Cameron Yoe is a top 20 rushing team, top 4 passing team, and the top defense in tackles, sacks and # 3 in interceptions in D1

Yoe_09
09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Yoe has a good team, I overrated a few of their opponents early on..now that the dust has settled and rankings too, I feel they are not as strong as I first thought '''although a very strong 2a bunch"...At this time I feel as if Tatum has the clear edge....:)

Thats what people were saying in 1981. Tatum does appear to have a pretty good team tho.

Our defense has really been lights out. Very aggressive swarming to the ball and we know how to tackle this year. Offensively we are solid. We have numerous WR's that are going to catch the ball every game. We do throw the ball more than we run but the run has been very effective when used. I have liked what ive seen so far....but I am taking it game by game at this point and not trying to look ahead too much.