PDA

View Full Version : What I don't Understand...

Send_the_House
09-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Is why coaches leave all their secondary players back covering routes all the time. If you know a team is going to run the ball, just send your secondary to the ball.. why cover a reciever if they are not going to throw it to them.

jason
09-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
Is why coaches leave all their secondary players back covering routes all the time. If you know a team is going to run the ball, just send your secondary to the ball.. why cover a reciever if they are not going to throw it to them.

this might be the dumbest post ive ever seen...

LionKing
09-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by jason
this might be the dumbest post ive ever seen... HaHa, there are many on this site, but yes, it's up there at the top of dumbest posts.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Why dont the defensive guys just go to the exact location where the runner is going to be? I mean...there's 11 of them, and if everyone works together, it would be hard for one guy to get by all of them.

buff4ever
09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I would love to call offense against send the house. It would get out of hand quick.

Did you play football or not really.

44INAROW
09-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Coach to team: "ok guys, I know what the offense if going to do.. Be prepared, they are either going to run or pass... It's that simple" :D :devil: :D

Rocket
09-27-2010, 10:55 AM

nm

Maroon87
09-27-2010, 11:19 AM

Ever heard of the play-action fake?:thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
Guys this is not as dumb a question as it sounds. If you assume that it is a running team because they cannot pass well it is a valid question. Or if the other guys have only one or two real pass catchers why not adjust the d if they are run heavy. run a nice zone cover one and blitz a random corner into the most likely run play based on the formation and reads.

Bullaholic
09-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Guys this is not as dumb a question as it sounds. If you assume that it is a running team because they cannot pass well it is a valid question. Or if the other guys have only one or two real pass catchers why not adjust the d if they are run heavy. run a nice zone cover one and blitz a random corner into the most likely run play based on the formation and reads.

Would this not be a big part of the Celina 10-1 defense, BF?

BaseballUmp
09-27-2010, 11:40 AM
You could do this against Giddings a few years ago...just load the box then a te seam and hes gone for 60 yards

BILLYFRED0000
09-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Would this not be a big part of the Celina 10-1 defense, BF?

Not necessarily. we tend to go to the special on occasion but it varies back and forth between the 26 and the 3 down lineman depending on the team and formation. I am assuming that this is a spread team when I make the play call. If it is a more traditional formation there are only two or three wideouts then you would not be as worried about the pass coverage. a safety and two corners can cover then blitz the free.

BaseballUmp
09-27-2010, 11:43 AM
You could do that periodically, but theres no way your entire gameplan can be loading the box every play

wimbo_pro
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Liberty Hill had the highest percentage of passes-to-TD's because of this idea of loading the box. Of course, they only threw the ball 3-5 times a game...but often times, it was for 6.

Bullaholic
09-27-2010, 11:48 AM
The Bulls got caught doing some of this Friday at Alvarado. Our DB's played the inside shoulder on a really good WR giving him an outside cushion, and the Bulls got burned on 2 corner routes on 2 perfectly thrown balls.

Send_the_House
09-27-2010, 12:09 PM
From my brief experience with football, I have learned the following...

It is always run, unless they pass it.

BILLYFRED0000
09-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Well the deal is, pick your poison. You can't be good at everything and neither can they. Take what they are good at and take it away. Make them play the way you want. A run heavy team usually is run heavy because that is their strength. Attack the strength and make them go where they do not want to go.

NastySlot
09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
maybe he meant why dropped into zone coverages when it's a running team ...why not man up...................give token coverage but cheat looking for run (but remember we were all told you responsiblity as a db....is pass pass pass than run).

played team once along time ago we ran split back veer however we could pass early on saw that cb's were lining up out on wide outs but looking in for run...............oh we got them with the pass.

BILLYFRED0000
09-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
maybe he meant why dropped into zone coverages when it's a running team ...why not man up...................give token coverage but cheat looking for run (but remember we were all told you responsiblity as a db....is pass pass pass than run).

played team once along time ago we ran split back veer however we could pass early on saw that cb's were lining up out on wide outs but looking in for run...............oh we got them with the pass.

Yeah but that was my point. You had two wideouts that leaves the safeties free to rush

eagleqb_14
09-27-2010, 09:15 PM
watch for the play action