PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Stadium

Bosqueville
09-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Brownwood plays at Cowboys Stadium this Thursday and I have never been. Any advice on what to expect? Parking??

jason
09-27-2010, 09:06 AM
as many as points as brownwood wants to score - 0

they are only playing there because the team they are playing only has 100 seats on the visitor side...

having this game at cowboys stadium is a waste of peoples time and money....

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Jason,
If you are a Brownwood fan there is no such thing as wasting time or money. Exciting times in Brownwood. At least they are undefeated! Lol

jason
09-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Jason,
If you are a Brownwood fan there is no such thing as wasting time or money. Exciting times in Brownwood. At least they are undefeated! Lol i wouldn't disagree with that - but to have a game on a thursday night at a stadium that holds 100,000 for two teams, one of which is completely overmatched, that might bring 3,000 people total is a bit overkill - could have had it at tarleton or another high school that was at least between the two schools....

the only benefit is getting a game in there before potentially playing the state championship game there...

Matthew328
09-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by jason
i wouldn't disagree with that - but to have a game on a thursday night at a stadium that holds 100,000 for two teams, one of which is completely overmatched, that might bring 3,000 people total is a bit overkill - could have had it at tarleton or another high school that was at least between the two schools....

the only benefit is getting a game in there before potentially playing the state championship game there...

Ding Ding Ding...playing a game there will help if Brownwood makes it to state because they won't be in awe of the place..they'll get that out of the way before hand....

Bosqueville,
Best way to go is take 30 over to Center St....then make a right on center and a left on Road to Six Flags..then a quick right on Collins...lots of construction on 30 and Collins so I prefer to avoid it

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 09:33 AM
You going matt328?

STANG RED
09-27-2010, 09:41 AM
Both teams could have the largest turnout x2 they have ever had, and still only make a speck in that stadium. Parking will not be an issue. If the turnout is 10K, everybody can have frontrow parking. 20K might have to get into the second rows.

Matthew328
09-27-2010, 09:44 AM
You going matt328?

No I think I'll pass LOL I'll catch Brownwood in the playoffs hopefully

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Anyody stop to think about what this game means to the players. That's all that matters who cares what the fans think

LionKing
09-27-2010, 09:57 AM
as many as points as brownwood wants to score - 0

they are only playing there because the team they are playing only has 100 seats on the visitor side...

having this game at cowboys stadium is a waste of peoples time and money.... It's not a waste, I've talked to many people who are going to this game that normally wouldn't go to out of town games, 4 full chartered busses of just fans, plus many metroplex fans are going that have no ties to either school, even people from Austin, Houston and San Antonio are going, if this game were played any where else, maybe 1500-2000 fans with that being mostly Brownwood fans, now probably 4000-8000 fans, I know that will be like a gnat on an elephant, but the experience of playing and seeing a game in the fabulous stadium is the kicker for people to come to the game.

Bosqueville
09-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
It's not a waste, I've talked to many people who are going to this game that normally wouldn't go to out of town games, 4 full chartered busses of just fans, plus many metroplex fans are going that have no ties to either school, even people from Austin, Houston and San Antonio are going, if this game were played any where else, maybe 1500-2000 fans with that being mostly Brownwood fans, now probably 4000-8000 fans, I know that will be like a gnat on an elephant, but the experience of playing and seeing a game in the fabulous stadium is the kicker for people to come to the game.

+1

bwdlionfan
09-27-2010, 11:17 AM
What is the cost to rent the stadium anyway? I bet ticket sales pay for the cost.

3afan
09-27-2010, 11:25 AM
..., now probably 4000-8000 fans ...

LOL !!!

agree though, thats its not a waste ...

jason
09-27-2010, 11:28 AM
It's not a waste, I've talked to many people who are going to this game that normally wouldn't go to out of town games, 4 full chartered busses of just fans, plus many metroplex fans are going that have no ties to either school, even people from Austin, Houston and San Antonio are going, if this game were played any where else, maybe 1500-2000 fans with that being mostly Brownwood fans, now probably 4000-8000 fans, I know that will be like a gnat on an elephant, but the experience of playing and seeing a game in the fabulous stadium is the kicker for people to come to the game.

that may be true if it were euless trinity and katy or a big time playoff game like that - but nobody in their right mind, who doesn't have ties to either school, will drive that far to watch a team get donkey stomped on a thursday night on top of paying to park and $8 drinks and $12 nachos....

no way the attendance is more than 4,000...

as absurd to the brownwood faithful as it may sound - not as many people outside of brownwood care about brownwood as much as you all think, especially enough to go to jerry world for this game....

Emerson1
09-27-2010, 11:38 AM
many metroplex fans are going that have no ties to either school, even people from Austin, Houston and San Antonio are going, if this game were played any where else, maybe 1500-2000 fans with that being mostly Brownwood fans, now probably 4000-8000 fans
In my 7 years of coming to this website, this is BY FAR the funniest thing I have ever read on here.

Maybe some family members from Austin, Houston or San Antonio might make a drive up, but no casual fan is going to go out of there way to see a 60-0 game on a Thursday night. Certainly not enough to being the attendance to 8,000. This isn't the first season this stadium has been open and isn't even the first HS game there.

Pick6
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
I agree, I wanna catch a BW game this year, but not on a Thursday night against a horrible team, regardless of where it is.

bwdlionfan
09-27-2010, 11:46 AM

Brownwood alone will have close to 4,000.

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

Agree. What akes all saints so terrible? I know nothing about them, not even school colors

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Agree. What akes all saints so terrible? I know nothing about them, not even school colors

I think most are assuming well they are private school so they must suck

I am in no way saying All Saints will win, but I think people will be surprised at how good they are.

Emerson1
09-27-2010, 12:30 PM
They had "close to 4,000" at their home stadium against a big rival.

Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I think most are assuming well they are private school so they must suck

I am in no way saying All Saints will win, but I think people will be surprised at how good they are.
They may not suck and might score double digits, but even though they are undefeated FW All Saints isn't going to bring this huge DFW crowd Bwood fans are expecting.

Originally posted by Matthew328
Ding Ding Ding...playing a game there will help if Brownwood makes it to state because they won't be in awe of the place..they'll get that out of the way before hand....

They have 45 minutes to warm up, longer if the 3A game is first. If they can't get over it by game time then they have bigger issues.

Rocket
09-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
I agree, I wanna catch a BW game this year, but not on a Thursday night against a horrible team, regardless of where it is.

The trend is Brownwood making any team look terrible...will it continue? we shall see.

Rocket
09-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
In my 7 years of coming to this website, this is BY FAR the funniest thing I have ever read on here.

Maybe some family members from Austin, Houston or San Antonio might make a drive up, but no casual fan is going to go out of there way to see a 60-0 game on a Thursday night. Certainly not enough to being the attendance to 8,000. This isn't the first season this stadium has been open and isn't even the first HS game there.

Oh yeah, it is just hilarious. :rolleyes: A little dramatic, don't you think? Are you some kind of drama queen?

When Brownwood does well, they crawl out of the woodwork when they play in the metroplex. There will be a ton of people that come to this game that won't get to see them on a Friday night or that don't want to wait for the playoffs.

I am not saying there is going to be 8,000 people there, but since it is at Jerry's World and Brownwood is playing so well, it will bring a big crowd because of the amount of Brownwood fans in the metroplex area.

NastySlot
09-27-2010, 12:48 PM

IDK if people really ever realize that when they give numbers like 4,000 + etc.....that probably isn't close to being accurate. I was told that Brownwood would bring 4,000 to 5,000 to Llano...........there was maybe 5,000 total in the stadium.

bwdlionfan
09-27-2010, 12:49 PM

I must have forgotten that you know so much more about how we travel than I do.

I am an 02 BHS grad living in DFW, I make it to most games, but I can name a TON of grads from my year that live in DFW that don't make it to games often but will make it to this one. That goes for all of our graduating classes. BTW... our home side seats 4,000... it was full, plus general admission was over capacity with people cramming in.... plus standing room in the endzone... we had over 4,000 there for the Sville game. Again, you are such an authority on BHS so I don't know why I argue. :rolleyes:

bwdlionfan
09-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
IDK if people really ever realize that when they give numbers like 4,000 + etc.....that probably isn't close to being accurate. I was told that Brownwood would bring 4,000 to 5,000 to Llano...........there was maybe 5,000 total in the stadium.

Someone over estimated... we typically have 4-5 K for home games. In the playoffs we will bring 4-8K depending on how deep the playoff game is. Regular season mop up game we will only bring 2Kish.... Game at Cowboys stadium will bring close to what a home game brings. Especially with school letting out 2 hours early.

NastySlot
09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Someone over estimated... we typically have 4-5 K for home games. In the playoffs we will bring 4-8K depending on how deep the playoff game is. Regular season mop up game we will only bring 2Kish.... Game at Cowboys stadium will bring close to what a home game brings. Especially with school letting out 2 hours early.

oh believe Brownwood ( any team with tradition an success) will bring folks.....I would be there if I lived in Brownwood very good team and I would make a weekend of being the metroplex...State Fair and many different things to do. There will be people that just come out to see the #1 ranked team in the state play.

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
There will be people that just come out to see the #1 ranked team in the state play.

I think more people like this than some think. It is a thursday game so alot of fans can see this game AND still see their team..no I am not saying 15K will be there or anything close to it, but I do think a solid crowd will be at the game

Looking4number8
09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
All I know for sure is the first batch of tickets were sold out last week and that was only 1000. Of course we still have 4 days to sell tickets here. Guess we will know Thursday night or Friday sometime. I think we will pull a nice crowd...

3afan
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
EVERYONE always over estimates their own crowds - or crowds in general .... people just can't help it

BullBoy
09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
FW All Saints is ranked #1 in whatever ranking system private schools have.

this game wont be close. it will be ALL BROWNWOOD!

hollywood
09-27-2010, 02:19 PM

They are ranked #1 in DII SPC (Southwest Preparatory Conference), 5-0, and are Navy and White.
All Saints (http://www.fridaynightsights.com/file.php?id=903&O_file=1)

bwdlionfan
09-27-2010, 07:07 PM

By the way... Brownwood ISD sold out their first batch of tickets last week (1,000 tickets)... 2nd batch of 1,000 went on sale today AND sold out today!

3rd batch of 1,000 goes on sale tomorrow.

So, like I said... we will be close to 4,000 fans there just from Brownwood.

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2010, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
They are ranked #1 in DII SPC (Southwest Preparatory Conference), 5-0, and are Navy and White.
All Saints (http://www.fridaynightsights.com/file.php?id=903&O_file=1)

again not saying they will win, but All Saints is a good team..their D-Line has a combined 28 sacks already on the season..they have some talent and play hard.

bwdlionfan
09-27-2010, 07:24 PM
again not saying they will win, but All Saints is a good team..their D-Line has a combined 28 sacks already on the season..they have some talent and play hard.

I won't be surprised at all if they play us closer than anyone else has... and even make our starters play in the 4th.

It'd be nice if our starters didn't have to play the 2nd half though... that way EVERYONE would get a chance to play in Cowboys Stadium.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-27-2010, 07:26 PM
I won't be surprised at all if they play us closer than anyone else has... and even make our starters play in the 4th.

It'd be nice if our starters didn't have to play the 2nd half though... that way EVERYONE would get a chance to play in Cowboys Stadium.

Pride cometh before the fall...

gatordaze
09-27-2010, 07:32 PM

Massey has the ranked between Gainesville and Melissa and Maxpreps has them between Pilot Point and Sanger for comparison

sinfan75
09-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I have a hard enough time gettin to Texas Motor Speedway. I don't think I'd wanna even try gettin to Cowboy Stadium. Then again may not be too bad turning off 35W before you get to Fort Worth. Anybody ever tried a route like that comin from the south?

bwdlionfan
09-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
I have a hard enough time gettin to Texas Motor Speedway. I don't think I'd wanna even try gettin to Cowboy Stadium. Then again may not be too bad turning off 35W before you get to Fort Worth. Anybody ever tried a route like that comin from the south?

Cowboys Stadium from the south? Take 35W to I-20... take I-20 east to Collins Street. Exit and go north on Collins... stadium will be a few miles up on the right. I wouldn't go 30 for a game that's anywhere around 7 PM due to traffic on 30 plus construction.

LionKing
09-27-2010, 08:01 PM
that may be true if it were euless trinity and katy or a big time playoff game like that - but nobody in their right mind, who doesn't have ties to either school, will drive that far to watch a team get donkey stomped on a thursday night on top of paying to park and $8 drinks and $12 nachos....

as absurd to the brownwood faithful as it may sound - not as many people outside of brownwood care about brownwood as much as you all think, especially enough to go to jerry world for this game.... More people care than you know, as absurb as it may sound, there's quite a few around Stephenville that cares about Brownwood.
You want bet some money that there's more than 4,000 fans there?

hollywood
09-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Great place for college scouts to fly in and watch too!:D

LionKing
09-27-2010, 08:11 PM

Maybe some family members from Austin, Houston or San Antonio might make a drive up, but no casual fan is going to go out of there way to see a 60-0 game on a Thursday night. Certainly not enough to being the attendance to 8,000. This isn't the first season this stadium has been open and isn't even the first HS game there. I'm sorry if your that easily amused by my post, but really, unless people have been under a rock, everyone knows when the stadium opened, and that many games have been played there. You ain't gonna be there, so what's it to you.

Emerson1
09-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I'm sorry if your that easily amused by my post, but really, unless people have been under a rock, everyone knows when the stadium opened, and that many games have been played there. You ain't gonna be there, so what's it to you.
It's just funny seeing Brownwood people think hoards of people from around the state are going to flock to Cowboys stadium on a Thursday night for a 60-0 blowout.

I heard FSN has picked up the game due accommodate those out of state who want to watch the biggest game of the year.

Bosqueville
09-27-2010, 09:52 PM
It's just funny seeing Brownwood people think hoards of people from around the state are going to flock to Cowboys stadium on a Thursday night for a 60-0 blowout.

I heard FSN has picked up the game due accommodate those out of state who want to watch the biggest game of the year.

I don't think he meant random people flocking to the game. I believe he means this with ties to Brownwood. I know people from Tyler, greenville and Corsicana that are going!

bwdlionfan
09-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
I don't think he meant random people flocking to the game. I believe he means this with ties to Brownwood. I know people from Tyler, greenville and Corsicana that are going!

Exactly... there are A LOT of Brownwood grads spread out within 2 hours of DFW that are coming that usually don't make it to many games. I know 15-20 people that are going that usually can't make the games.

BullsFan
09-27-2010, 11:36 PM
What's the population of the town of Brownwood?

Matthew328
09-28-2010, 06:44 AM
over 20k

3afan
09-28-2010, 07:19 AM
too bad we'll not know the true attendance ... all there will be are estimates

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
What's the population of the town of Brownwood?

2000 census had us at 18,813.... recent census estimates have 20,407

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 07:28 AM
Perfect example of people going to this game that don't even go to home games:

My grandma lives in Bangs (10 miles west of Brownwood)... was a '46 or '47 graduate of Brownwood. Two of her friends that live in Bangs (who she works out with... yes my 81 year old grandma works out lol).... anyway two of her friends in Bangs... who have no ties to Brownwood were planning to go to the game because they want to see the stadium. They've never even been to a Brownwood game, and my grandma is going with them.... she hasn't been to a game since 1996 until last week when I talked her in to going with us.

gatordaze
09-28-2010, 07:28 AM

Is everyone retired? 20,000 people and not even the big school in the district. About 10% of Celina's population is in High School. Brownwood would have 2000 at that rate.

Looking4number8
09-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Is everyone retired? 20,000 people and not even the big school in the district. About 10% of Celina's population is in High School. Brownwood would have 2000 at that rate.

There are a lot of retired people here but we are not a retirement community. I think the closer you get to larger cities the more you have people that live there with young families but work in the bigger cities. Around here, pretty much if you live here, you work here. Also lots of other little schools around so we dont draw much from the county. Have a small part of the lake that are in the BISD (which is where I grew up) but other schools draw most of the country kids. Schools such as Bangs, Early, May, Rising Star, Richland Springs, Zephyr, Blanket, Mullin, Brooksmith.... maybe a others. All of these are withing 10-20 minutes of Brownwood. Some parents transfer their kids out of Brownwood to put them in the smaller schools

gatordaze
09-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
There are a lot of retired people here but we are not a retirement community. I think the closer you get to larger cities the more you have people that live there with young families but work in the bigger cities. Around here, pretty much if you live here, you work here. Also lots of other little schools around so we dont draw much from the county. Have a small part of the lake that are in the BISD (which is where I grew up) but other schools draw most of the country kids. Schools such as Bangs, Early, May, Rising Star, Richland Springs, Zephyr, Blanket, Mullin, Brooksmith.... maybe a others. All of these are withing 10-20 minutes of Brownwood. Some parents transfer their kids out of Brownwood to put them in the smaller schools

As i think about it your right about proximity to cities. As you move outward from DFW the "small school towns" do have larger populations. I was surprised to see Bonham was bigger than Prosper a couple of years ago and from a school perspective there is no comparison.

What makes Celina seem small is the lack of economic infrastructure like Walmart, Restaurants, Gas Stations etc. We have all that you could ask for 12 miles away in Frisco or 8 mile away in Mckinney. Sucks though when you want to grab a quick bite and 3 of the 5 restaurants are either a Sonic or in the only real gas station!

95mustang
09-28-2010, 08:13 AM

There are also private schools in the area as well.

Looking4number8
09-28-2010, 08:14 AM
As i think about it your right about proximity to cities. As you move outward from DFW the "small school towns" do have larger populations. I was surprised to see Bonham was bigger than Prosper a couple of years ago and from a school perspective there is no comparison.

What makes Celina seem small is the lack of economic infrastructure like Walmart, Restaurants, Gas Stations etc. We have all that you could ask for 12 miles away in Frisco or 8 mile away in Mckinney. Sucks though when you want to grab a quick bite and 3 of the 5 restaurants are either a Sonic or in the only real gas station!

Agreed, Brownwood is a nice mix between small enough to be country hicks and large enough to support local owned restaurants and some restaurant chains as well as Walmart, True Value (had to throw that in beacuse one of mey best buddies owns it) Home Depot and other chains. We are lucky to be 3A right now and hope we can stay here. In 4A we have to play in towns like Killeen and Waco that could have 3 5A schools but have 4 4A's instead (undersand I am summerizing here, dont have their real numbers). I love going to towns like Graham, Sweetwater, Snyder that the whole town supports the team. School colors everywhere you go... It is not like that in the larger towns... This is much more fun to be a part of!

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Agreed, Brownwood is a nice mix between small enough to be country hicks and large enough to support local owned restaurants and some restaurant chains as well as Walmart, True Value (had to throw that in beacuse one of mey best buddies owns it) Home Depot and other chains. We are lucky to be 3A right now and hope we can stay here. In 4A we have to play in towns like Killeen and Waco that could have 3 5A schools but have 4 4A's instead (undersand I am summerizing here, dont have their real numbers). I love going to towns like Graham, Sweetwater, Snyder that the whole town supports the team. School colors everywhere you go... It is not like that in the larger towns... This is much more fun to be a part of!

When you consider the entire county is only about 38,000... and there are 7 high schools plus a couple of private schools that's where the enrollment goes.

Pick6
09-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Sucks though when you want to grab a quick bite and 3 of the 5 restaurants are either a Sonic or in the only real gas station!

A sandwich or hotdog at Bobcat Kountry is way better than the Sonic.

gatordaze
09-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
A sandwich or hotdog at Bobcat Kountry is way better than the Sonic.

You mean the other gas station?

MoveInDad
09-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Just wanted to comment how nice it is, for a change, to read a non-confrontational chat between Brownwood and Celina supporters... regardless of the circumstances I'm sure our boys would love to be playing any game at Cowboy Stadium.

50 yard line fan
09-28-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by MoveInDad
Just wanted to comment how nice it is, for a change, to read a non-confrontational chat between Brownwood and Celina supporters... regardless of the circumstances I'm sure our boys would love to be playing any game at Cowboy Stadium.

+1

RoyceTTU
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM
True Value (had to throw that in beacuse one of mey best buddies owns it)

No love for us folks here at HBC (Higginbotham Brothers). We are everyones hometown hardware provider. :) :) :)

OldBison75
09-28-2010, 11:18 AM
I have been watching this thread very carefully since Brownwood is playing a Christian School. I know that Rocket thinks that his coach and wide receiver are pretty close to being God and Jesus, but wondering if All Saints reads a different Bible and might just want to prove that as good as Brownwood is, they are still humans and can make mistakes.

BwdLion73
09-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I have been watching this thread very carefully since Brownwood is playing a Christian School. I know that Rocket thinks that his coach and wide receiver are pretty close to being God and Jesus, but wondering if All Saints reads a different Bible and might just want to prove that as good as Brownwood is, they are still humans and can make mistakes.

:dispntd:

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
The third batch of 1,000 tickets went on sale this morning. At 11:30 there are less than 100 left!!!

3,000 tickets sold in Bwood already. If you haven't gotten one you will have to get them at the gate on Thursday... they will not get another shipment at BISD.

Looking4number8
09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
The third batch of 1,000 tickets went on sale this morning. At 11:30 there are less than 100 left!!!

3,000 tickets sold in Bwood already. If you haven't gotten one you will have to get them at the gate on Thursday... they will not get another shipment at BISD.

They are not getting more in tommorrow? Geez, I should have jumped on it Monday!

BullsFan
09-28-2010, 12:06 PM

Wowser. That seems awfully big to me, probably because it's about 4 times the size of Bridgeport. Given the percentage of Bridgeport fans who attend away games, I'd say 4K is a certainty and 8K is doable and maybe even probable for Thursday.

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm bringing a friend or two with me from Houston who could care less about Brownwood or the game. The response I got was "They are playing at Cowboy Stadium? Shoot I'll go just to see that!" There may be a lot of people with this mindset from the Brownwood area as well. I hope we "pack the house" just for the kids experience. They will never forget it.

Looking4number8
09-28-2010, 01:11 PM
While packing a house that seats 100,000 is not a real possiblty, putting 10,000 in the stands could happen. 3000 tickets have sold localy and I do not know a single person who has there ticket. All of us and our familys are going to have to get our tickets when we get to dallas.

RoyceTTU
09-28-2010, 01:14 PM
While packing a house that seats 100,000 is not a real possiblty, putting 10,000 in the stands could happen. 3000 tickets have sold localy and I do not know a single person who has there ticket. All of us and our familys are going to have to get our tickets when we get to dallas.

If you get to Dallas you should turn around :doh: :doh: :doh: J/K, I'm excited to check it out, i've never been.

Tin Cup
09-28-2010, 01:26 PM

Ya I didn't mean pack the house as in sell it out I meant bring a huge crowd lol. I could be wrong but there is so much buzz in Brownwood and former students that have graduated in the last 10 years that are going that haven't been to a game since they got out of school.

Pick6
09-28-2010, 01:38 PM
You mean the other gas station?

Nope, Bobcat Kountry, stopped in many times for lunch there. I assume they are still open.

RMAC
09-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Ok so that makes 6 people that are attending...where will the rest come from?

jason
09-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Ok so that makes 6 people that are attending...where will the rest come from? those 4 charter buses that will be full....so thats 406....

BwdLion73
09-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I know 4 people that have never been to a Brownwood game that are going. + me and my son so that brings us up to....412.

RoyceTTU
09-28-2010, 03:29 PM
Count me, wife and daughter in. 1 fella from work with his son and 2 Bwd natives that live in Arlington.

Should be 7, atleast that how many tickets we got.

95mustang
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
I have 7 in my group this week. up to 419 plus Royce 7 so that brings it up to 426.

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Ok so that makes 6 people that are attending...where will the rest come from?

Either you can't comprehend what you read or you didn't see where I posted 3,000 tickets have already been sold by BISD and there are are still many people who haven't gotten their ticket yet.

Bosqueville
09-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm bringing 7 total. The Tahoe will be full. Buying my tickets at the gate so I'm not part of the 3,000 tickets sold. Oh, and my brother's going from Garland. There's one more!

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 03:42 PM
There are 8 of us coming... none have bought tickets.

RoyceTTU
09-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Is there any finiancial advantage to buy tickets through the ISD as opposed to the gate at a neutral field?

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Is there any finiancial advantage to buy tickets through the ISD as opposed to the gate at a neutral field?

I've heard there are... but it doesn't matter now as BISD is out and won't be getting anymore tickets.

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Call me crazy, but I would much rather take I30 to the both the Ballpark and Cowboys stadium. I went last night to the Rangers game and came in from the north... down 35W, took I30E, then drove right to Ballpark way and exited right at both stadiums.

Personally, if I was coming up from the South or west, I woudl take I20 to I35W, go north up to I30, then go east over to the ball park. I wouldn't want to drive up Collins on a game day. Or 360 either.

YMMV... ya'll have a great game!

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Call me crazy, but I would much rather take I30 to the both the Ballpark and Cowboys stadium. I went last night to the Rangers game and came in from the north... down 35W, took I30E, then drove right to Ballpark way and exited right at both stadiums.

Personally, if I was coming up from the South or west, I woudl take I20 to I35W, go north up to I30, then go east over to the ball park. I wouldn't want to drive up Collins on a game day. Or 360 either.

YMMV... ya'll have a great game!

Think about that for a minute. If people are planning to arrive in Arlington by 5:30-6:00 to have time to eat and then get to the stadium early... they would be in downtown Ft Worth between 5 and 5:30... it'd be crazy to try to take I-20 to I-35W North right in to downtown, then take I-30 East. If they were going to take 30 they'd take 30 from Weatherford when it splits off of 20.... but with that said....

You'd be at the I-35 and I-30 interchange in rush hour.... I'd much rather drive on 20 in rush hour. It's an extra 1-2 lanes in each direction and it doesn't go through downtown. Also... a lot of Brownwood people will probably come up 377 and hit 20 in Benbrook.

Go the way I said... I lived right in the middle of this mess (Arlington) for 7 years.... then when I got a job offer out of DFW last summer I bought a house and left!

Northbound on Collins isn't that bad from I-20. I worked off of Collins the entire time the stadium was being built. I could step outside and watch what was going on at the stadium. I'm glad to be out of that mess now.

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Think about that for a minute. If people are planning to arrive in Arlington by 5:30-6:00 to have time to eat and then get to the stadium early... they would be in downtown Ft Worth between 5 and 5:30... it'd be crazy to try to take I-20 to I-35W North right in to downtown, then take I-30 East.

You'd be at the I-35 and I-30 interchange in rush hour.

Go the way I said... I lived right in the middle of this mess (Arlington) for 7 years.... then when I got a job offer out of DFW last summer I bought a house and left!

Northbound on Collins isn't that bad from I-20. I worked off of Collins the entire time the stadium was being built. I could step outside and watch what was going on at the stadium. I'm glad to be out of that mess now.

I did the 35-30 route last night at 5:30. Downtown, through that very interchange and even had to drive through the 28th to 820 mess. It wasn't bad at all... very surpised by it.

I did the Cowboys game up Collins last year trying to drive around "the mess" on 30. Collins on a weekend sucked. Not sure about Rush hour.

As I said, I liked it, but YMMV.

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I did the 35-30 route last night at 5:30. Downtown, through that very interchange and even had to drive through the 28th to 820 mess. It wasn't bad at all... very surpised by it.

I did the Cowboys game up Collins last year trying to drive around "the mess" on 30. Collins on a weekend sucked. Not sure about Rush hour.

As I said, I liked it, but YMMV.

You're def right about Collins being terrible on weekends. The Highlands Shopping Center is right there, plus the Parks Mall isn't far away at Cooper and 20.

Another thing is a lot of Bwd drivers will be coming up 377 and get on 20 in Benbrook... Bwood drivers typically don't like messing with freeways and exits too much... we aren't used to em! LOL... that's another reason I'd say avoid the I-35 & I-30 interchange.

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2010, 04:06 PM
You're def right about Collins being terrible on weekends. The Highlands Shopping Center is right there, plus the Parks Mall isn't far away at Cooper and 20.

Another thing is a lot of Bwd drivers will be coming up 377 and get on 20 in Benbrook... Bwood drivers typically don't like messing with freeways and exits too much... we aren't used to em! LOL... that's another reason I'd say avoid the I-35 & I-30 interchange.

Yeah, part of the Collins bit I hated was the way traffic stacked up the closer you got to the ballpark. It was not a good. It is just a lot nicer getting into both stadiums from the North.

Of course, (not wanting to bring up the numbers thing), with a smaller crowd maybe Collins wouldn't be as bad.

Emerson1
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I bet they're $10 at the gate. That's how it has been for every other HS game there. Might even be $12.

Matthew328
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
If I was from Brownwood I'd take 377 to I-20 then I-20 to I-35 and get on 30 east downtown....all the traffic that time of day is heading south towards Burleson and out of downtown so it won't be that bad going north unless you were going north of downtown....I wouldn't want to take 20 all the way to Collins...too many lights on that street...

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
If I was from Brownwood I'd take 377 to I-20 then I-20 to I-35 and get on 30 east downtown....all the traffic that time of day is heading south towards Burleson and out of downtown so it won't be that bad going north unless you were going north of downtown....I wouldn't want to take 20 all the way to Collins...too many lights on that street...

LOL, smart man!

Pick6
09-28-2010, 04:36 PM

How many lights are on 377? I might would take 377 to 281 to I-20 to I-30.

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 04:37 PM
LOL, smart man!

I've driven Brownwood to Arlington and back well over 100 times (lived in Arlington 7 years).... the absolute fastest way is to go to Stephenville, then 281 to I-20, then when 30 splits off of 20 take 30 straight through.

If you're going to send people on 30... don't send them up 35... send them on 30 where 30 starts... when it splits off of 20. You miss most of Stephenville, all of Granbury and all of Benbrook stoplights.

But again... I'd still take 20, infact I'm coming up from south of Ft Worth... I'm taking 35W... exiting on 20 and taking Collins. It'll take 10-15 minutes to drive up Collins to the stadium with all the lights... it takes 8-10 minutes to drive up 35 to 30 from 20 without ligths, then you have to fight downtown and drop back down on Collins AND make a left turn to the stadium. If you come up from south you make a right turn. Regardless, people can figure out where they want to go. We all gave ways to get there... and they'll probably all use GPS or Google and get there another way!

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2010, 04:40 PM
I've driven Brownwood to Arlington and back well over 100 times (lived in Arlington 7 years).... the absolute fastest way is to go to Stephenville, then 281 to I-20, then when 30 splits off of 20 take 30 straight through.

If you're going to send people on 30... don't send them up 35... send them on 30 where 30 starts... when it splits off of 20. You miss most of Stephenville, all of Granbury and all of Benbrook stoplights.

But again... I'd still take 20, infact I'm coming up from south of Ft Worth... I'm taking 35W... exiting on 20 and taking Collins. It'll take 10-15 minutes to drive up Collins to the stadium with all the lights... it takes 8-10 minutes to drive up 35 to 30 from 20 without ligths, then you have to fight downtown and drop back down on Collins AND make a left turn to the stadium. If you come up from south you make a right turn. Regardless, people can figure out where they want to go. We all gave ways to get there... and they'll probably all use GPS or Google and get there another way!

Just a note... off of 30 I would not take Collins, but rather Ballpark way.

bwdlionfan
09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Just a note... off of 30 I would not take Collins, but rather Ballpark way.

lol if I went 30 I'd take Center ;)

Why would you take Ballpark? One that's past Cowboys Stadium... and 2 you'll be in Ranger game traffic.

Point proven... take my directions!

BTW... I'm leaving for the Ranger game in about 15 minutes... and I'll be taking 20 to Collins... why? Because I don't want to mess with downtown Ft Worth at 5:30 PM.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Coach Shipley told me in the pregame interview that Bwood has sold 4500

Tin Cup
09-29-2010, 11:27 AM

Wow this is higher than I expected in pre-game. I thought a lot had to buy at game bc we kept selling through ours so fast.

STANG RED
09-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Think I'll go rob some houses in Bwood on Thursday night. Sounds like nobody is staying home.
Wait,,,,,is there even anything worth stealing in Bwood? :D

DaHop72
09-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Think I'll go rob some houses in Bwood on Thursday night. Sounds like nobody is staying home.
Wait,,,,,is there even anything worth stealing in Bwood? :D Please show more respect for Brownwood <bows head> when you post about the Lions. You are not worthy.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

BwdLion73
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
I think I will try the 20 route. If I don't like it in about 10 games or so I will try the other one.

:cool: :D :D

Looking4number8
09-29-2010, 12:32 PM

I have a used couch in my front yard.

Looking4number8
09-29-2010, 12:35 PM

Certainly not enough to being the attendance to 8,000.

Emerson1, your not looking too bright right now. Funny thing is, I know lots of people who are going but not one of the people I know got in line in time to get a ticket.

ccmom
09-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Emerson1, your not looking too bright right now. Funny thing is, I know lots of people who are going but not one of the people I know got in line in time to get a ticket.

Yes, but I have told you and told you....you only have to buy ONE ticket for all of your personalities, gramps. :D

Tin Cup
09-29-2010, 02:40 PM
It really is quite amazing how much buzz there is about this game now that it's at Jerry World. The attendance proly tripled when Brownwood fans found out that it had moved. We wouldn't have all that big a crowd if the game hadn't changed. I can't even imagine how many fans we'd have if we were playing someone like Celina, Gilmer, or any other legit 3A contender. Wow

Louie13
09-29-2010, 03:57 PM
My son and 9 co-workers (who probably never go to a game) are going. Add that to the count dudes!
And I live in San Angelo, and I would drive that 250 miles to see that game but I have to work month-end inventory. And I drive to Brownwood every week they play there, and then to Snyder, and Sweetwater when they play there. And 4 of us went to Abilene to see AHS play Plant so don't say you have to have ties to a team to be interested. And I have attended a Cowboy game in that stadium, and you are in for a treat! So I have my pc hooked to my big screen TV and that's the best I can do this time.:(
Go Lions..........!!

hollywood
09-29-2010, 05:12 PM
More than there is in SWEATwater!! Just a bunch of old sweaty oil bums around there. :D

hollywood
09-29-2010, 05:16 PM
It really is quite amazing how much buzz there is about this game now that it's at Jerry World. The attendance proly tripled when Brownwood fans found out that it had moved. We wouldn't have all that big a crowd if the game hadn't changed. I can't even imagine how many fans we'd have if we were playing someone like Celina, Gilmer, or any other legit 3A contender. Wow

Yep, that's a great point TC. All Saints is really hyping this one up for the experience even knowing what the outcome will be. Just imagine what it would have been if like you said Bridgeport, Celina, Gilmer, Carthage...

...heck even LE. :D ...wait, never mind, that would be a slaughter as well. :doh: