PDA

View Full Version : The New Top 3: Dist 28-3A

Snotbubbles
09-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I'll favor:

1.) LaVernia for the district championship in district 28-3A after the major loss the Gobblers sustained. LV has played a awesome ND schedule and the kid's seem to have weathered it ok and gained vital experience in high profile games.

2.) Gonzales. They are 5-0, but---I still don't think they have played anyone. Not the Bear/Gobbler caliber anyways. But, they seem to improve weekly and might hit on all cylinders when they do face a quality opponent.

3.) Cuero. When you lose a guy (Trent Jackson) who has nearly 900 yards, 10 TD's in just 5 games, your team has taken a serious blow. I still think Cuero will make the playoff's and beat SH at home late to put themselves in the playoff's.

Losing Jackson has made the district an average district when it comes to the playoffs. Trent would of carried the Gobblers far, while the new QB (Mason Blaschke, 581 passing yds, 8 TD's) was gaining experience. Cuero was by far the district's only elite club. Wish Trent all the best in rehab.

Of course, if Cuero makes a change in the "O" and now counts on a air game lead by Blaschke and a talented receiving corp (Bell, Hoffman,Green) maybe they can gel this route by playoff time?

One thing in the Gobblers favor, is Coach Owens. He'll have a plan B and C and have Cuero prepared no matter what.

Old Green
09-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Great post.

Gobblers have their #2 Rb Thibodeaux back now . He's been injured all season and a dang good Freshman Rb brought up that played real good against Pleasanton. A few Reps for them and they'll be alright.

crabman
09-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa there. I'm not drinking the Kool Aid. Gonzales will not beat Cuero. If I were LaVernia I would be extremely worried about a team on a mission with a rallying cry.

Cuero now has a chip on their shoulder with everyone doubting them. The coaches should be able to turn that in their favor and really motivate those boys.

Snotbubbles
09-26-2010, 08:11 PM
One thing about ya'll (Cuero) you have several options to help somewhat in this type of loss. Other schools would fold. If you want to throw, you have the tools developing to do so there. And, I love Tibby pounding the pebble. Seen him last year go off in a playoff game prior to the Sealy game.

Regardless who runs the rock, it isn't Trent. So, there is somewhat of a decline here in the running game.

Your right, this could make this club a even better "team". Time will tell. Biggest test is this Friday, hour drive down Hwy 87. Last one leaving Cuero, cut the lights. Kid's need ya'll now more than ever.

rojosgirl
09-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Thibodeaux is "chompin' at the bits" and has been. No telling what kind of game he'll have. The motivation is there for these guys. I think they'll turn the corner this week. Look for a new and improved version of the Gobblers. The team will come together just in time.

Love these Hwy. 87 trips! :D

GO-MEAN-GREEN! :clap:

wimbo_pro
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles

Regardless who runs the rock, it isn't Trent. So, there is somewhat of a decline here in the running game.

Somewhat of a decline? Are you kidding? Cuero doesnt have TWO Trent Jackson running backs...hell, the entire STATE doesnt have two Trent Jacksons. He is THAT GOOD.

Now, I will agree that as a team, Cuero can adjust and still win games, but make no mistake, with TJ out, they are not as explosive as with him in the game.

hookandladder
09-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Cuero

LV

Gonzales

Still think Cuero wins this District, in our scrimmage the backup RB ran the rock well. Tibby will be effective however if he is going both ways, he will not be as effective. Cuero's downfall will be a lot of players going both ways, will need some other players to step up.

dude
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
no one gives San Antonio Sam Houston any chance?

LV_Bearfan
09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by dude
I do. This will be a very interesting district.

banderafan
09-28-2010, 10:44 PM

Ditto! Better not count out Sam Houston.

Snotbubbles
09-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Somewhat of a decline? Are you kidding? Cuero doesnt have TWO Trent Jackson running backs...hell, the entire STATE doesnt have two Trent Jacksons. He is THAT GOOD.

Now, I will agree that as a team, Cuero can adjust and still win games, but make no mistake, with TJ out, they are not as explosive as with him in the game.

Was trying to put it nicely, that there running game will not be as good as it was when Trent was back there. They were a great team with him, now I say they are a good team. Kinda like ya'll are now too.

Both sustained some big loses that no one can replace with the same production as those who were injuried. You'll notice it in the big games.

Snotbubbles
09-28-2010, 11:01 PM

City style ball not gonna cut it in the country. They'll finish 4th.

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
City style ball not gonna cut it in the country. They'll finish 4th.

Can I quote you on that later on?:D

Gontex
09-29-2010, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Snotbubbles
[B]I'll favor:

2.) Gonzales. They are 5-0, but---I still don't think they have played anyone. Not the Bear/Gobbler caliber anyways. But, they seem to improve weekly and might hit on all cylinders when they do face a quality opponent.

QUOTE]

I can't argue against this too much, in fact I really have to agree with you. Still 5-0 means they have won 4 more games this year than they did last year. Comeback against Columbus showed the heart of the team and last week's win against Yoakum reversed a dismal 55-14 beatdown the Apaches received from the Dogs last year. Still, I have to believe the Apaches have to be in the mix. Defense seems to come up with the big plays when they are needed most. I think the d has scored at least once in every game. Last week, the d scored three times. Wouldn't you like to have that for your dst in fantasy football?