PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum Dog Tired

YTBulldogs
09-26-2010, 07:30 AM
Appears lack of depth could be Ykm's major issue. Kid's just out of gas when the game is on the line. Dumb mistakes begin when they start to drag from being tired. Players going both ways, playing on special teams or unable to get a breather for a series or two over the course of a close game could be the issue here. Regardless how talented a player is, he needs a breather from time to time.

I thought that might be an issue when I seen the numbers after re-alignment. But, didn't think it would have that much effect. Guess it does.

I'm not making excuses. Just been pondering why this talented team seems to have periods of just getting out played when the game is on the line. Often, in the second half.

Snotbubbles
09-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Appeared they all go both ways. I did notice them dropping like fly's around half. When you play an opponent that has none or 1 or 2 going both ways, I can see why you get pooped.

YTBulldogs
09-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I know they all don't go both ways. And after grasping for straws here trying to determine why they die late in games---I think maybe 2 or 3 really play both ways.

More hard thinking of cause here. Maybe their just out of shape?

I know they moan at the end of practice from just running a handful of 40's. Back in the day, if we won it was ten 100's automatically and if we lost and had boo's boo's (picks, fumbles and penalities)---it was way more. I think I can go through the current workouts without issues.

YTBulldogs
09-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Or, maybe they just ain't as good as I thought and believed? It kills me to think this knowing these kid's growing up and playing at the other levels.

Think I'll go kick my dog:(

Snotbubbles
09-26-2010, 08:53 PM
LOL. Poor YT. Here's the truth.

Yoakum just no good this year.

txsportswriter
09-27-2010, 01:53 AM
We did have some key players who fell ill on Friday night and two of them had to get IVs... I know at least 2 or 3 of them were hurling during the game... True, I think we could be in better shape, but I don't think players going both ways has anything to do with it... I know what the problem is (as does everyone else in this town, including the players), but I don't care to discuss it on here...

I just hope we (or should I say the coaching staff) figure it out before it's too late, because a win at Pleasanton this Friday is a MUST-WIN if the Bulldogs care to entertain any playoff hopes...

GO BULLDOGS!

bigcat8
09-27-2010, 06:33 AM
what changes need to be made

txsportswriter
09-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by bigcat8
what changes need to be made

Will not discuss it on here, but everyone knows the changes that need to be made....

warpath
09-27-2010, 10:24 AM
evryone doesn't are they wouldn't keep asking!

txsportswriter
09-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by warpath
evryone doesn't are they wouldn't keep asking!

Put it this way-- the people who have been to the games and witnessed first hand, know the changes that need to be made.