PDA

View Full Version : Bad News for Wimberley

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 06:31 PM
If you were at the game last night, you saw Dennis Smith was limping a bit...and even more as the night progressed. He even mentioned in one interview with one of the papers about his foot hurting even before the game began. Well, he has told some that I know and trust that he is out for the season. If true, this is a huge loss and makes us look like a whole different team. This is what happens when you play your main guy(s) both ways all night long with few breaks, though we really haven't had a choice...injuries have really set us back.

I think its possible he can make it back for the play offs...thats 6 weeks from now.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
If you were at the game last night, you saw Dennis Smith was limping a bit...and even more as the night progressed. He even mentioned in one interview with one of the papers about his foot hurting even before the game began. Well, he has told some that I know and trust that he is out for the season. If true, this is a huge loss and makes us look like a whole different team. This is what happens when you play your main guy(s) both ways all night long with few breaks, though we really haven't had a choice...injuries have really set us back.

I think its possible he can make it back for the play offs...thats 6 weeks from now.

Tough break. Yeah, playing the studs all game in a meaningless non-district game can have their setbacks. Wonder why Nelms does that?

lbjacj
09-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Say it isn't so bro:eek:

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 06:35 PM
It's posted on his FB page, according to this person who told me.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Tough break. Yeah, playing the studs all game in a meaningless non-district game can have their setbacks. Wonder why Nelms does that?

I would bet almost all coaches do...you are also tuning up for district too. The saddest thing is, we can get in the play offs without him (weak district), its the play offs we are looking at.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2010, 06:39 PM
It's posted on his FB page, according to this person who told me.

O, the dreaded 2nd hand info. Hopefully the info from one person to another to another got it confused down the chain here?

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 06:41 PM
O, the dreaded 2nd hand info. Hopefully the info from one person to another to another got it confused down the chain here?

I hear you...but I had this person read it off for me from Dennis' page.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2010, 06:43 PM
I would bet almost all coaches do...you are also tuning up for district too. The saddest thing is, we can get in the play offs without him (weak district), its the play offs we are looking at.

We do here cause we are one of the smallest 3A's in the state. No choice. And, it showed last night as they dropped like fly's trying to contain GZ in second half. Wish we gone 2A now:0 I think we missed it by 6 or 7 students.

Regardless, hope the Texan kido is ok.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 06:45 PM
i hope he is overstating his condition....6 weeks is a long time to heal most injuries, but foot injuries are especially hard. i didnt think it was THAT bad as he was running very hard last night.

lbjacj
09-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Confirmed from his father.Broken bone in his foot.Out for the season.:(
He played the whole game with it!I hate most for him cause he is such a good kid.:(

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
Confirmed from his father.Broken bone in his foot.Out for the season.:(
He played the whole game with it!I hate most for him cause he is such a good kid.:(

any chance for the play offs?

Texasfootball2
09-25-2010, 07:32 PM
We do here cause we are one of the smallest 3A's in the state. No choice. And, it showed last night as they dropped like fly's trying to contain GZ in second half. Wish we gone 2A now:0 I think we missed it by 6 or 7 students.

Regardless, hope the Texan kido is ok.

What are you smoking????? :doh: You missed 2A by over 200+

M-town lobo fan
09-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Tough break Wimberley.Hope he gets well soon and makes it back for the playoffs.Monahans suffered the same thing last year.It's not the same without your stud players..