PDA

View Full Version : LIVE GAME UPDATES - Region I Week 5 GotW: Graham (3-1) @ Bridgeport (4-1)

loco toro
09-25-2010, 12:16 PM
ok time to forget the loss and move on, i see a very close game in this one,

BullsFan
09-25-2010, 12:19 PM
If we don't play better than we did last night, it won't even be close. But if we're firing on all cylinders like we could be, it'll be a great game.

Z-RO
09-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I dont like how Grahams offense looks under this new coach, with that being said I think BP wins 38-21

*let it be noted I know they lost A LOT, but they need to go vertical more often instead of running QB keeper 50% of the time.

#1 TEXAN
09-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
I dont like how Grahams offense looks under this new coach, with that being said I think BP wins 38-21

*let it be noted I know they lost A LOT, but they need to go vertical more often instead of running QB keeper 50% of the time.

Your right graham has to get the ball up the field more, I think this is gonna be a great game .

Deuce
09-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Thats kind of hard to do when the line is giving him all of about 1 second to get a pass off most of the time.

steerz2010
09-25-2010, 12:40 PM
being a homer im obviously going with the steers. i havent seen Bport play this year. but i have heard they are pretty good...

Looking4number8
09-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I am cheering for Graham just because we have a history with them. Class program! Good luck Graham.....

Bullaholic
09-25-2010, 01:24 PM
I honestly don't know how good Graham is this season, but I know what the Bulls are still capable of doing, so I think the Bulls narrowly win this one---if they repeat what they did against Alvarado, this one will belong to Graham. Go Bulls!

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Will a mod please merge this with the thread Loco Toro has already created?

Sweetwater Red
09-25-2010, 06:08 PM
and add Week 5 in the title. :doh:

tex_male
09-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Go Bulls!!!

go blue 64
09-25-2010, 08:06 PM

Please note our OC is the same as last year we just lost a bunch of experience, I think this group is coming around pretty good should be a good game.:)

go blue 64
09-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Thats kind of hard to do when the line is giving him all of about 1 second to get a pass off most of the time.

We did lose alot of experience and we do have a new OL coach, they seem to be coming around.

grahampaw
09-25-2010, 08:13 PM

*let it be noted I know they lost A LOT, but they need to go vertical more often instead of running QB keeper 50% of the time. my biggest beef is why is #20 not a bigger part of the offense ?

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
and add Week 5 in the title. :doh:

Red, I took care of both for you. Thanks for the job you are doing!

huntingbig8
09-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Graham couldn't block anyone last night, I agree with GrahamPaw, Why the don't they throw to #20 on the deep route that he only scored on about 15 times last year. also, it appears that when we play as the underdog we are a little better. To Graham's credit the new kids have played above their heads.

go blue 64
09-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by grahampaw
my biggest beef is why is #20 not a bigger part of the offense ?

Lets hope as the season goes on (maybe this game) they will get that worked out, one would have hoped they could have done that in the off week.:)

Sweetwater Red
09-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Red, I took care of both for you. Thanks for the job you are doing!

Thanks again and Go Bulls. :thumbsup:

Deuce
09-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by go blue 64
Lets hope as the season goes on (maybe this game) they will get that worked out, one would have hoped they could have done that in the off week.:)

I think we need to line him up in the slot and let him go over the middle. If we can just get the ball in his hands, he can make things happen!

steerz2010
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM
I think we need to line him up in the slot and let him go over the middle. If we can just get the ball in his hands, he can make things happen!
i agree. Layne feels alot more comfortable throwing over the middle rather than throwing the deep ball

VWG
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Bulls 21 Graham 7

Steers O-Line is weak..... really weak.

Ragin Red
09-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Bulls 21 Graham 7

Steers O-Line is weak..... really weak.

If the O-line plays like they did in wylie then it may be along night for the Bulldogs. Our Defense is play out of their minds and they will continue doing just that they have (9) interceptions so far as a team. Good luck to both teams.

GO STEERS... PLAY TO WIN AGAIN, EXPECT TO WIN.....

Ragin Red
09-27-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Ragin Red
If the O-line plays like they did in wylie then it may be along night for the Bulldogs. Our Defense is play out of their minds and they will continue doing just that they have (9) interceptions so far as a team. Good luck to both teams.

GO STEERS... PLAY TO WIN AGAIN, EXPECT TO WIN.....

Sorry Bulls not Bulldogs its Monday......

LIONS
09-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Graham's oline is not as strong as last years. I think the main thing missing from last years team is the running game. That running back from last year imo made that whole offense go. Graham is a good football team, havnt seen bridgeport play yet so im going to go with graham in a close one.

BwdLions
09-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Graham 27
Bridgeport 21

huntingbig8
09-27-2010, 11:15 AM
what made Graham go last year is was a great defense and a div. 1 qb, we only had one really star level player, the rest just played within the system and were put in the right places to succeed. That said, those kids played with mor heart than any I can remember. B-port should be a tough test for a Graham team that really doesn't have an identity yet.

Rocket
09-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Graham wins and lets Bridgeport know exactly who Bridgeport is, instead of who they think they are... and where they fall in the scheme of things.

defense51
09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
Haven't seen Graham play this year, but after seeing Bridgeport play Friday night I have to go with Bridgeport if the offense gets going and the O-line holds up. They can score quickly, and really spread a defense out and expose them if they are not prepared. If the O-line folds Graham wins.

lostaussie
09-27-2010, 03:11 PM
If i stop in Bridgeport on my way to the lease Friday night will (A) anyone steal my 4-wheeler from my truck and (B) somebody bye me some nachoes:D

The answers need to be (A) no and (B) yes

Bullaholic
09-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
If i stop in Bridgeport on my way to the lease Friday night will (A) anyone steal my 4-wheeler from my truck and (B) somebody bye me some nachoes:D

We will steal both your truck and 4-wheeler and arrest you as an East Texas spy.....:D

But I would buy you some nachos and shake your hand if you will come to the game. I think BullsFan is setting up a shirt signing M&G Friday night, and even Buckeye fans are welcome. PM me and let me know.

lostaussie
09-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
We will steal both your truck and 4-wheeler and arrest you as an East Texas spy.....:D

But I would buy you some nachos and shake your hand if you will come to the game. I think BullsFan is setting up a shirt signing M&G Friday night, and even Buckeye fans are welcome. PM me and let me know. I like taking my traveling show on the road:D

VWG
09-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by LIONS
Graham's oline is not as strong as last years. I think the main thing missing from last years team is the running game. That running back from last year imo made that whole offense go. Graham is a good football team, havnt seen bridgeport play yet so im going to go with graham in a close one.

Exactly.... There is no running game and that starts up front.
Good running game = consistency. Not 1 game against Wylie.

DParker
09-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Steers need to show me more. I say Bulls by 17.

BullsFan
09-27-2010, 11:13 PM

I'll pay for the nachoes so long as you and Bullaholic fight the crowds to get to the concession stand. ;)

Yes, I do have the shirt, so there will definitely be a M&G! I'm thinking underneath the scoreboard at halftime...?

Let me rephrase--I am SCHEDULED to have the shirt. I do not have it yet, but should have it shortly. :)

LIONS
09-28-2010, 09:15 AM
In my opinion Grahams best player last year wasnt the qb, it was there linebacker hiser, i think thats how you spell his name. He was a stud.

MamaBull
09-28-2010, 09:19 AM
In my opinion Grahams best player last year wasnt the qb, it was there linebacker hiser, i think thats how you spell his name. He was a stud. he anchored the defense but wasnt the best player. he was dang good dont get me wrong but they had alot of weapons on offense. needless to say mccoy was the star on that team. without him they wouldnt have made it near the state title game.

LIONS
09-28-2010, 09:26 AM
I still believe he was the best. But thats my opinion and you are entitled to yours as well. I really believe there offense wouldnt have had near the success they had with out that rb. Dont get me wrong mccoy was and is a great player.

BwdLions
09-28-2010, 01:34 PM
I still believe he was the best. But thats my opinion and you are entitled to yours as well. I really believe there offense wouldnt have had near the success they had with out that rb. Dont get me wrong mccoy was and is a great player.

Yes Lions, I agree with you that Ethan Hiser was the best player on the defense (and possibly the team). I also agree that the Steers wouldn't have been near as good without the twin brothers playing in the middle of the D-line too. As far as offense, when you look at the weapons they had (McCoy and Bailey were the two most important players on offense IMO), the 2009 addition of the Graham Steers was very impressive. They were loaded.

MamaBull
09-28-2010, 02:17 PM
I still believe he was the best. But thats my opinion and you are entitled to yours as well. I really believe there offense wouldnt have had near the success they had with out that rb. Dont get me wrong mccoy was and is a great player. we know the kicker isnt

Ragin Red
09-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by MamaBull
we know the kicker isnt

Don't want to jinx him, but so far he has done a great job this year on extra points. Still not sure about the field goals, but on some of the extra points he had a pretty good leg.

Go STEERS.....

go blue 64
09-28-2010, 05:32 PM
STEERS WIN! STEERS WIN!! STEERS WIN!!! 24 to 21:) :) :)

tex_male
09-28-2010, 05:52 PM
http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/bull.jpg

Bullaholic
09-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by tex_male

That's the real deal that's got em'......:D

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Graham 21
Bridgeport 27

There... that looks more like it.:nerd: ;)

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by tex_male

Graham Steers sound like this: Click here! (http://funny-stuff.audio4fun.com/download/sounds/88.mp3)

Bridgeport Bulls sound like this: Click here! (http://funny-stuff.audio4fun.com/download/sounds/17309.mp3)

:nerd: :p

slpybear the bullfan
09-28-2010, 11:25 PM

How about we say Yes and No and you can figure out which was which after the game?

LOL :D

Come on by, we are having a shirt signing!

huntingbig8
09-28-2010, 11:46 PM
how many times did Graham need their kicker to beat the bulls last year? none. we played like crap at B-port and still won. and ran away in playoffs. Hiser played well last year thanks to twins in the middlle, week in and week out they were overmatched in size and dominated. make no mistake without McCoy we would have been done a lot sooner. by the way the first game at B-port had 5 graham players watching from the sidelines due to suspensions.

BullBoy
09-29-2010, 08:35 AM
no McCoy this year, he was the main reason Graham was able to pull out both wins against Bport last season.

Bridgeport by 7.

If Bridgeport can get out there and play to the level they're capable of, it could get ugly for Graham.

MamaBull
09-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by huntingbig8
how many times did Graham need their kicker to beat the bulls last year? none. we played like crap at B-port and still won. and ran away in playoffs. Hiser played well last year thanks to twins in the middlle, week in and week out they were overmatched in size and dominated. make no mistake without McCoy we would have been done a lot sooner. by the way the first game at B-port had 5 graham players watching from the sidelines due to suspensions. feel better?

that was last year, lets talk about this year.

Ragin Red
09-29-2010, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by BullBoy
no McCoy this year, he was the main reason Graham was able to pull out both wins against Bport last season.

Bridgeport by 7.

If Bridgeport can get out there and play to the level they're capable of, it could get ugly for Graham.

If Graham can get out there and play to the level they're capable of, it could get ugly for Bridgeport......

But like the saying goes If if's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a wonderful life.

Graham by a field goal

GO STEERS.....

MamaBull
09-29-2010, 09:21 AM
If Graham can get out there and play to the level they're capable of, it could get ugly for Bridgeport......

But like the saying goes If if's and but's were candy and nuts we would all have a wonderful life.

Graham by a field goal

GO STEERS.....
you trust your kicker??

Bullaholic
09-29-2010, 09:39 AM
BullsFan---You're saying halftime under the scoreboard for the shirt signing M&G?

Tin Cup
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
If Bridgeport would start another vs. Brownwood thread I'd pick Graham by 7. But since that didn't work out so well and they quit worrying about us I'll say...

Bridgeport 31
Graham 21

BullBoy
09-29-2010, 09:46 AM
just how good is Graham this year?

The only game i listened to was when they played the Miserable Smells Rams for the season opener, Graham has surely gotten better since then right?:confused:

bowleghorses
09-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Bridgeport rolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that they are not so cocky...They will play ball!!!!!!!!:D

Tin Cup
09-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Graham has some talent but this team has to find it's own way. Last year is over. But they still have some talent and they can sneak up on you. If Bridgeport is half as good as I think they are they will win pretty comfortably.

BullsFan
09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
BullsFan---You're saying halftime under the scoreboard for the shirt signing M&G?

YEP! As soon as I have the shirt in hand, I'll start a standalone thread just to make sure everyone sees it.

But for now--Bridgeport Graham M&G will be halftime under the scoreboard. That seems like the simplest place to meet. I'll have the shirt, along with maroon and blue sharpies for everyone to sign the 3ADL shirt. So everyone from both sides, please come on over--let's make a strong Bridgeport/Graham showing!!

Graham folks, I should probably ask would you rather have blue or red sharpies? Which is your school's predominant color? Or do you care?

BullBoy
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
well it's gonna be a hell of a game no doubt in my mind i'll be there watching the Bulls friday night. hopefully they can get the win and gain some momentum going in to next weeks BIG game and just keep on rolling in to the playoffs!

Bullaholic
09-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Bridgeport rolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that they are not so cocky...They will play ball!!!!!!!!:D

Cocky fans, maybe---the team was just flat after a tough Prosper game (All due respect to Alvarado who beat the Bulls last week--no excuses.) Thanks for the confidence though, bowlegs....sure hope you are right.

Ragin Red
09-29-2010, 10:40 AM
you trust your kicker??

Yes as a matter of fact I do. He has been kicking very well and he will be ready as well as the rest of the team will be. The kicker is only in his second year and has something to prove to all those who doubt him because of last season. Good luck to him and the rest of the Steers this friday.

BullsFan
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm rooting for the Bulls to win of course, but I hope your kicker does fine too. I think kicking is one of those sometimes high profile positions that carries little reward when you do well and lots of reaction when you don't.

Bullaholic
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
I'm rooting for the Bulls to win of course, but I hope your kicker does fine too. I think kicking is one of those sometimes high profile positions that carries little reward when you do well and lots of reaction when you don't.

I hope the Graham kicker does well, also, BullsFan. I hope he can kick it 60+yards to the left or right of either upright if the game is in the balance....:D

Ragin Red
09-29-2010, 11:42 AM

Of course I'm rooting for the Steers to win also, but you're right, no ones seems to care if you're kicking great but when one goes errorant everybody lets you know about it. Just look at what happened to him last year...

GO STEERS......

BullsFan
09-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Of course I'm rooting for the Steers to win also, but you're right, no ones seems to care if you're kicking great but when one goes errorant everybody lets you know about it. Just look at what happened to him last year...

GO STEERS......

People always expect a kicker to be perfect. Imagine if we expected a QB to be 100%, or a RB to make positive yardage on every single play. Or for that matter, a batter to get to base every time or a pitcher to never have a hit.

go blue 64
09-29-2010, 12:32 PM
you trust your kicker??

Yes we do. How is your kicker doing, is he the same one as last year.:)

Steers win 24 to 21.:)

huntingbig8
09-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Hell No! we don't trust our kicker. You'll have to pardon us Graham people, we have real short memories it seems. Bridgeport should have more talent than Graham and could beat us bad if they play well, however, we do have to play the game. p.s. i hope they find some budget $ to paint the lines on the field. We showed up tuesday for jr high games to an unmarked field.

Bullaholic
09-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Hell No! we don't trust our kicker. You'll have to pardon us Graham people, we have real short memories it seems. Bridgeport should have more talent than Graham and could beat us bad if they play well, however, we do have to play the game. p.s. i hope they find some budget $ to paint the lines on the field. We showed up tuesday for jr high games to an unmarked field.

You hit the nail on the head, hunting---IF the Bulls and their talent play well. I hope last week will be our one and only stink-it-up game this year. I'm betting our kids didn't like the taste of that humble pie one bit last week, though, and will make a much better showing against the Steers.

Ragin Red
09-29-2010, 03:12 PM

Don't have to say your sorry on my account because I believe in the kids and you don't......

huntingbig8
09-29-2010, 03:21 PM
wrong! this group has 9 kinds of heart, just not a lot of experience. We should have been scouring the socccer fields looking for a kicker this year. ours is a great kid, with the most pressure of any postion on the field. The rest of the team can play mediocre and and if he hits or misses he gets blamed. tough job

grahampaw
09-29-2010, 03:23 PM
After watching Graham play again Friday,I think they are getting better with every game.I wish the Bulls had waited one week to have a bad game.I say the Bulls will come out firing and dont think Grahams DBs are up to the test yet.Bulls42 Steers 20.......as far as the kicker, he is everyones favorite scapegoat,unfairly.

defense51
09-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Saw Bridgeport play last Friday night, they have an offense that can score quickly and consistently. The offense is a 30-40 point per game offense. Defense is going to be the key to beating Graham, if the defense shows up and plays well Bridgeport wins by two td's.

Deuce
09-29-2010, 03:53 PM
well it's gonna be a hell of a game no doubt in my mind i'll be there watching the Bulls friday night. hopefully they can get the win and gain some momentum going in to next weeks BIG game and just keep on rolling in to the playoffs!

BIG game next week? Thats good, hopefully the players are looking ahead as well.

BullsFan
09-29-2010, 04:08 PM
BIG game next week? Thats good, hopefully the players are looking ahead as well.

Well next week is a big one (Battle of Big Sandy), but don't count on our kids not being prepared for Graham. We haven't forgotten last year and two close hard-fought losses. I hope we'll come out guns blazing, and like Bullaholic, I hope last week was a wake-up call and the only one we'll need this season!

Deuce
09-29-2010, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't get to worried about our kicker. If our offensive line doesn't get it together we won't be in range for a field goal. If we win, it will because of our defense!

go blue 64
09-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I think Graham has played the harder schedule so far. I am not sure why Burk is so down but they are - BP hung 50 on them, but MW hung 31 on them. I would like to see some of the Graham fans take a chill pill, I for one think Graham is pretty good and I am not that sure that BP is as good as some of the bloated scores they have run up might indicate. Remember Graham fans the STEERS played BW and got in a hole early and they run the score up on us but we got 3 picks and started playing better late in the game even though most of their starters were still in the game. I think we may have played BW about a good a game as anyone has so far. I think we will be fine in this game I say Graham 24 to 21.

Bull_Guy
09-29-2010, 08:26 PM
I think Graham has played the harder schedule so far. I am not sure why Burk is so down but they are - BP hung 50 on them, but MW hung 31 on them. I would like to see some of the Graham fans take a chill pill, I for one think Graham is pretty good and I am not that sure that BP is as good as some of the bloated scores they have run up might indicate. Remember Graham fans the STEERS played BW and got in a hole early and they run the score up on us but we got 3 picks and started playing better late in the game even though most of their starters were still in the game. I think we may have played BW about a good a game as anyone has so far. I think we will be fine in this game I say Graham 24 to 21. Bridgeport has put their backups in at the beginning of the second half against Glen Rose and Burkburnett and ran the ball the whole secong half.. Dont know where you get running up the score. Sure our backups might have been better than their starters but it wasnt Bridgeport trying to inflate a score that should have been closer. Both of those games were over by the end of the first half.....one of them halfway through the second quarter.

And just because yall played alright but still got destroyed against BW doesnt mean anything.

Bridgeport by 21.

Bull_Guy
09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
how many times did Graham need their kicker to beat the bulls last year? none. we played like crap at B-port and still won. and ran away in playoffs. Ran away?
Yall beat us by 3...and we had a total of 6 turnovers that game.

And you even had your six party boys for that one.

steerz2010
09-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Ran away?
Yall beat us by 3...and we had a total of 6 turnovers that game.

And you even had your six party boys for that one.
score was 28-23.. beat you by 5 not 3.....:rolleyes:
and if memory serves me right we were up something like 21-3 at half.. not sure about that for sure though..

MamaBull
09-29-2010, 09:18 PM
oh so youre going off half time scores? thats cute.

BullsFan
09-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Darn it. Now you're even getting me involved. But I have to say it--at no point last year did Graham "run away with it" against the Bulls. Beaten by one point and beaten by 5 equals close games both times. And I don't care what the half time score was. I don't remember either, but even if it was that big a different, that just shows you can never count the Bulls out. For us to pull that close given how many times we turned the ball over is pretty amazing, especially since I can remember a time when the second half was almost inevitably our downfall.

Deuce
09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
All of this last years crap is really irrelevant. Lets get on to this year. So how many starters did the bulls loose from last year?

steerz2010
09-29-2010, 09:35 PM
oh so youre going off half time scores? thats cute.
mouthing over the internet? real mature....

BullsFan
09-29-2010, 09:53 PM
All of this last years crap is really irrelevant. Lets get on to this year. So how many starters did the bulls loose from last year?

Offensively we stayed pretty stable. We lost some All State players on defense, but this year's crop is pretty scrappy. They've stepped up to the plate, and I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised.

SWAS009
09-30-2010, 03:26 AM
he anchored the defense but wasnt the best player. he was dang good dont get me wrong but they had alot of weapons on offense. needless to say mccoy was the star on that team. without him they wouldnt have made it near the state title game.

I call BS on this. McCoy was one player. His dad padded his stats. We didn't need case. His dad forced him onto us since he was a freshman. Varsity QB as a freshman because of daddy got him the experience. Johnston was a good QB too, he just never got the chance. The only thing he lacked that McCoy had is speed. He sti had an above average arm. So Graham would of still made it far with no McCoy. Fulford and Bailey on offense. Hiser and Sides on deffense is what got us to state. Not a daddys boy who had everything handed to him.

SWAS009
09-30-2010, 03:28 AM
Darn it. Now you're even getting me involved. But I have to say it--at no point last year did Graham "run away with it" against the Bulls. Beaten by one point and beaten by 5 equals close games both times. And I don't care what the half time score was. I don't remember either, but even if it was that big a different, that just shows you can never count the Bulls out. For us to pull that close given how many times we turned the ball over is pretty amazing, especially since I can remember a time when the second half was almost inevitably our downfall.

First game wouldn't of been a 1 pt game, if like 9 players weren't benched for having the budwiser blues.

MamaBull
09-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by steerz2010
mouthing over the internet? real mature.... its the downlow, get use to it. sissie.:rolleyes:

BullBoy
09-30-2010, 06:26 AM
i guess what SWAS009 is saying is that they would of beat Bridgeport by 4 more points had all of their "stud" players played in that game. they sure put a beating on our Bulls in the playoffs, they "ran away" for a 5 point win because they had all of their "studs" playing.

MamaBull
09-30-2010, 07:46 AM
i guess what SWAS009 is saying is that they would of beat Bridgeport by 4 more points had all of their "stud" players played in that game. they sure put a beating on our Bulls in the playoffs, they "ran away" for a 5 point win because they had all of their "studs" playing. they put a whoopin on us... five freakin points.

Ragin Red
09-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Bridgeport has put their backups in at the beginning of the second half against Glen Rose and Burkburnett and ran the ball the whole secong half.. Dont know where you get running up the score. Sure our backups might have been better than their starters but it wasnt Bridgeport trying to inflate a score that should have been closer. Both of those games were over by the end of the first half.....one of them halfway through the second quarter.

And just because yall played alright but still got destroyed against BW doesnt mean anything.

Bridgeport by 21.

I can tell you as a matter of fact that Brownwood is the real deal and yall better be happy that yall don't have to face them for a while so that yall can save face and be able to talk trash like this...trust me not many teams will have much of a chance if Brownwood stays healthy....

BullBoy
09-30-2010, 08:10 AM
:hand:

Ragin Red
09-30-2010, 08:12 AM
:hand: :clap:

lostaussie
09-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by SWAS009
I call BS on this. McCoy was one player. His dad padded his stats. We didn't need case. His dad forced him onto us since he was a freshman. Varsity QB as a freshman because of daddy got him the experience. Johnston was a good QB too, he just never got the chance. The only thing he lacked that McCoy had is speed. He sti had an above average arm. So Graham would of still made it far with no McCoy. Fulford and Bailey on offense. Hiser and Sides on deffense is what got us to state. Not a daddys boy who had everything handed to him. Tell us how you really feel:D

steers2
09-30-2010, 08:43 AM
I call BS on this. McCoy was one player. His dad padded his stats. We didn't need case. His dad forced him onto us since he was a freshman. Varsity QB as a freshman because of daddy got him the experience. Johnston was a good QB too, he just never got the chance. The only thing he lacked that McCoy had is speed. He sti had an above average arm. So Graham would of still made it far with no McCoy. Fulford and Bailey on offense. Hiser and Sides on deffense is what got us to state. Not a daddys boy who had everything handed to him.

I think its pretty safe to say that SWAS009 must be pretty good buddies with Cases' backup of the last 4 years. Enough with the McCoy bashing man, lets get on with this year.

grahampaw
09-30-2010, 08:49 AM
If you say That Graham whiped B-Port in the first half of the playoffs last year , then I guess you can say B-Port whiped Graham in the second half.It took a time killling drive in the forth Q to keep the Bulls from getting the ball back, to go for the lead.......And to say that Graham didnt need Case is like saying the kicker lost the state game.Crazy talk.

Ragin Red
09-30-2010, 08:54 AM
If you say That Graham whiped B-Port in the first half of the playoffs last year , then I guess you can say B-Port whiped Graham in the second half.It took a time killling drive in the forth Q to keep the Bulls from getting the ball back, to go for the lead.......And to say that Graham didnt need Case is like saying the kicker lost the state game.Crazy talk.

Well said:clap: :clap:

Bullaholic
09-30-2010, 08:59 AM

Now grahampaw, if you're going to start talking some truth in the middle of a perfectly good smack war, I'm afraid we're going to have you to refrain from posting sensible things like this....:D

I enjoy playing our neighbors from Graham every game we get the chance---good program, kids, and nice, but dedicated, fans.

Ragin Red
09-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Now grahampaw, if you're going to start talking some truth in the middle of a perfectly good smack war, I'm afraid we're going to have you to refrain from posting sensible things like this....:D

I enjoy playing our neighbors from Graham every game we get the chance---good program, kids, and nice, but dedicated, fans.

Ought to be a good game can throw all stats when these two programs meet up.

BwdLions
09-30-2010, 09:11 AM
I think Graham has played the harder schedule so far. I am not sure why Burk is so down but they are - BP hung 50 on them, but MW hung 31 on them. I would like to see some of the Graham fans take a chill pill, I for one think Graham is pretty good and I am not that sure that BP is as good as some of the bloated scores they have run up might indicate. Remember Graham fans the STEERS played BW and got in a hole early and they run the score up on us but we got 3 picks and started playing better late in the game even though most of their starters were still in the game. I think we may have played BW about a good a game as anyone has so far. I think we will be fine in this game I say Graham 24 to 21.

Give me a break, if Shipley wasn't such a nice guy the score would have been much worse. Thirty seven points is not running the score up. The Lions tried not to run the score up in the 2nd half. Were you even at the game?

Bullaholic
09-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Ought to be a good game can throw all stats when these two programs meet up.

Yep, this has evolved into a great near-area rivalry that I look at the same way you do----neither team's kids have any probs getting up to play each other, and I think they really look forward to it each time. I put the Graham rivalry right up there behind the Decatur game and alongside Monahans.

Ragin Red
09-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Yep, this has evolved into a great near-area rivalry that I look at the same way you do----neither team's kids have any probs getting up to play each other, and I think they really look forward to it each time. I put the Graham rivalry right up there behind the Decatur game and alongside Monahans.

I agree this is one of those that the Teams and Fans look forward to seeing each and every time. Just look at some of the post on here if you don't believe......that the fans enjoy it.

Bullaholic
09-30-2010, 09:26 AM
I agree this is one of those that the Teams and Fans look forward to seeing each and every time. Just look at some of the post on here if you don't believe......that the fans enjoy it.

You know RR---it wasn't always this way. A few years ago during the Bourquin era, the Steers were awfully hard to watch. Bulls fans have been spoiled by watching a Leach'/Texas-Tech like offense since 93'.

MamaBull
09-30-2010, 09:32 AM
I say Graham 24 to 21. no way you can hold us under 30 points. not in your wildest dreams.

BullsFan
09-30-2010, 09:42 AM
its the downlow, get use to it. sissie.:rolleyes:

Hey, MamaBull, I'm a big fan of the Sissies! Let's don't go bringing them into all this. :D :D

This fan does!!! Although I am happy that calmer heads have prevailed and now the other Bulls fans can take care of the responding so this BullsFan doesn't have to. ;)

PPSTATEBOUND
09-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Big Gusto has this at a 5 point game

55 over/under

Bulls win, it would not surprise me to see the Bulls at 14+ when the dust settles.

Ragin Red
09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
You know RR---it wasn't always this way. A few years ago during the Bourquin era, the Steers were awfully hard to watch. Bulls fans have been spoiled by watching a Leach'/Texas-Tech like offense since 93'.

Yea i was never a big fan of running the ball all the time. I like to see teams mix it up with run and pass control the speed of the game either way.

go blue 64
09-30-2010, 12:20 PM
no way you can hold us under 30 points. not in your wildest dreams.

Well I guess we will know after Friday night. :)

MamaBull
09-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Well I guess we will know after Friday night. :) yes you will

huntingbig8
09-30-2010, 03:58 PM
swas009 is an idiot, backup qb couldn't hold a candle to McCoy, also it's awesome that two towns and two teams that have a history of not winning **** can mouth so much. I freakin love friday night football. Should be fun for both sides and I bet that the kids for both sides leave it all on the field.

Deuce
09-30-2010, 04:43 PM
swas009 is an idiot, backup qb couldn't hold a candle to McCoy, also it's awesome that two towns and two teams that have a history of not winning **** can mouth so much. I freakin love friday night football. Should be fun for both sides and I bet that the kids for both sides leave it all on the field.

Yep, have to say SWAS is and idiot!

go blue 64
09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
yes you will

:D yea! :D I know.:D

SWAS009
09-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Yep, have to say SWAS is and idiot!

Guess big daddy McCoy has you wrapped around his finger too. Case is not that good, he had everything handed to him. He is who is is because of who his brother is. Without colt, case wouldn't be at ut. He wouldn't of gotten d1 offers. It's just that simple.

BullBoy
09-30-2010, 05:26 PM
well, he's Case McCoy... who else would he be?

Bull_Guy
09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
score was 28-23.. beat you by 5 not 3.....:rolleyes:
and if memory serves me right we were up something like 21-3 at half.. not sure about that for sure though.. My mistake.

Bull_Guy
09-30-2010, 06:09 PM
I can tell you as a matter of fact that Brownwood is the real deal and yall better be happy that yall don't have to face them for a while so that yall can save face and be able to talk trash like this...trust me not many teams will have much of a chance if Brownwood stays healthy.... I wasnt saying we would beat BW. I wasnt even matching us up against them....
You were trying to make your team look so great just because yall just sortof hung in there for a while against BW....lol

SOONER09
09-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Who cares about Brownwood right now. The Bulls regroup and win this one.

garciap77
09-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Will be a close game! I like both teams!!!:)

BullBoy
09-30-2010, 08:34 PM
mani cant wait till gametime, i think i'm gonna go buy me one of those little stadium seats or whatever those are called, those dang bleachers get uncomfortable...

BullBoy
09-30-2010, 09:07 PM
meant to say "man i" not "mani".

sorry.

Deuce
09-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Guess big daddy McCoy has you wrapped around his finger too. Case is not that good, he had everything handed to him. He is who is is because of who his brother is. Without colt, case wouldn't be at ut. He wouldn't of gotten d1 offers. It's just that simple.

This has nothing to do with him going to UT or any other school. Your saying the Steers would have been just as good with the backup in and that is insane. Case could throw the rock and we probably wouldn' have made it out of the first round without him. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

huntingbig8
09-30-2010, 10:27 PM
come on Bull_Guy the steers looked sharp against B-wood. especially in the pregame and the coin-flip. not so much after that. Can't tell a lot about a team when your way down, the second half was subs and people getting snaps for Bwood.

Inmateboss
09-30-2010, 11:01 PM
I enjoy playing our neighbors from Graham every game we get the chance---good program, kids, and nice, but dedicated, fans. [/B][/QUOTE]

I too enjoy playing B Port. It's always a leave it all on the field game. As far as dedicated Fans? To get on here and read some of the home town posts it reads like a bunch of whiners stuck in reverse, McCoy who? This is 2010 and that was water under the bridge. This game will be a good test for both sides, make a lot of mistakes, stick a fork in ya!

Deuce
10-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Inmateboss

I too enjoy playing B Port. It's always a leave it all on the field game. As far as dedicated Fans? To get on here and read some of the home town posts it reads like a bunch of whiners stuck in reverse, McCoy who? This is 2010 and that was water under the bridge. This game will be a good test for both sides, make a lot of mistakes, stick a fork in ya! [/B][/QUOTE]

With all due respect, how can you say it is water under the bridge. That team went farther than any team we have ever had!
Yes its time to move on, but once again our offensive line better step it up tonight or it could be a long game. I do agree this will be a good measuring stick for what is to come for both teams the rest of the year.

Ragin Red
10-01-2010, 07:47 AM

I too enjoy playing B Port. It's always a leave it all on the field game. As far as dedicated Fans? To get on here and read some of the home town posts it reads like a bunch of whiners stuck in reverse, McCoy who? This is 2010 and that was water under the bridge. This game will be a good test for both sides, make a lot of mistakes, stick a fork in ya! [/B][/QUOTE]

:clap: :clap: glad to have you back its been a while.....

steers2
10-01-2010, 10:19 AM
I know this has already been said plenty of times, but we aren't going to outscore very many "good" teams unless our OL steps it up. When 50 percent if not more of your plays are QB keepers cause he is running for his life, you are not going to score very many points. In my opinion, one of our biggest losses from last year was our OL coach that went to Jacksboro, man that guy had a lot of intensity. Anyways good luck to both teams, GO STEERS!!

BullsFan
10-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Don't forget there's a Meet & Greet tonight at halftime underneath the scoreboard. Steers and Bulls fans, please come down and meet your fellow 3ADLers!! :) :) :)

slpybear the bullfan
10-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Bulls 14
Steers 0

End of first

slpybear the bullfan
10-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Bulls 14
Steers 7

3:37 left 2 nd

slpybear the bullfan
10-01-2010, 08:39 PM
End of half

Bulls 14
Graham 7

Both offenses got flat there in the 2nd

slpybear the bullfan
10-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Bulls 20
Steers 7

5:50 left in third

slpybear the bullfan
10-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Bulls 27
Steers 7
25 secs left in third

slpybear the bullfan
10-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Bulls 27
Steers 14
10:00 left...

Then Bulls score...

Bulls 34
Steers 14
8:12 left

slpybear the bullfan
10-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Bulls 34
Steers 21

4:39 left

slpybear the bullfan
10-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Bulls 34
Steers 21

Final

hollywood
10-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Congrats Bridgeport. From the scoring updates, appears that this was a pretty good game. If it was played in Graham, Graham would have homered the win. :D

95mustang
10-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Congrats Bulls. From what I read looked like a good game.

grahampaw
10-01-2010, 11:06 PM
good job steers,way to hang with a good team.congrats bulls,i predict this was a battle of future district champs.

SintonFan
10-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Congratulations on the win Bridgeport!

Graham, you guys will be better after this loss.:)

BullBoy
10-01-2010, 11:20 PM
it was a hell of a game, i'm happy we got the win in the end but the bulls need to clean up their play!! TOO MANY TURNOVERS!

knucklehead
10-01-2010, 11:56 PM
For some reason, the Bulls have looked sloppy. I thought they made too many mistakes at Springtown. The mistakes caught up to them last week. They had several tonight, but came away with the victory. Graham looked to be a very well coached team, although I didn't understand the clock management towards the end(maybe that's why I only manage fantasy league teams). The spouse and I were discussing the Bulls kicker's facemask penalty. She thought it was bone-headed. I thought it may have been the play of the game. That Graham kid was gone.

BullBoy
10-02-2010, 12:10 AM
the face mask was a smart play by the kicker, if he doesnt do that then the graham returner takes it to the house for 6, better to give up 15 yards than give up a touchdown right?:thinking:

bowleghorses
10-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Bulls roll...I told you.:D

BullsFan
10-02-2010, 12:49 AM
I thought the facemask saved us 7.

That Graham punter was a heck of a kid. A bad snap that goes, what, 5 or 10 yards behind him? But he still manages to chase it down and get it in the air. GREAT play!

The Bulls definitely did not look their best, especially after the sideline injury. The time off seemed to fire the Steers up, and it seemed to take the wind out of our sails. I wish we hadn't had some of the sloppy play, especially when our defense holds on fourth and short and then gives away the first down with a senseless penalty. Those translated into points on the other side of the scoreboard.

Did anybody hear how the lady who got hit was doing?

Oh, and on the upside, the only people to show up at the M&G were me, slpybear, Mrs. slpybear, and Bullaholic. So when the shirt does arrive, all I have to do is run it to each of these gentlemen for a signature and add my own, and then it's just like we signed it there! ;)

garciap77
10-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Congrats Bulls.

Inmateboss
10-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Good job BULLS on a great game. I will holler for B Port anytime, lots of talent on the field and friendly folks. Best of luck the rest of the season. Sorry about not getting to the M&G was checking on my sons elbow injury. All good just a little hyperextenion. Again congrats on the win.

Bullaholic
10-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Good job BULLS on a great game. I will holler for B Port anytime, lots of talent on the field and friendly folks. Best of luck the rest of the season. Sorry about not getting to the M&G was checking on my sons elbow injury. All good just a little hyperextenion. Again congrats on the win.

Thanks, inmate, I wish the Steers the best of luck for the remainder of the season, except for that one game we may have the chance of meeting in later on in the season :D. Graham fans are always good folks very similar to our own Bulls fans. Sure understand about missing the M&G---maybe next time. Hope your son recovers quickly without too much discomfort. The Steers have another good nucleus of players coming up and will do well.

BullsFan
10-02-2010, 12:44 PM

You can bet I'll be rooting for you guys, too, right up until the point we're looking at you across the field again! :)

No worries about the M&G--just glad to hear your son was not injured seriously. Hope he makes a quick and speedy recovery, and best of luck to the Steers for the rest of the season! :) :) :)

steerz2010
10-02-2010, 12:48 PM
All i got to say is #17 is a STUD for Bport :eek:

Bullaholic
10-02-2010, 12:56 PM

Good as Jaxon...huh? :D

How come Graham didn't play #10 any on offense? He is a stud returner and DB and I know they want to rest him for those duties, but he can cover the ground. Felt for #8 last night---poor kid dropped several balls, but also caught some, but the misses hurt the drives I know.

BullsFan
10-02-2010, 01:07 PM

He is quite the receiver, and he's big and physical enough to make catches he shouldn't. Glad his cousin has him to throw to! :)