PDA

View Full Version : REG IV WEEK 5 GOTW - Cuero Gobblers @ La Vernia Bears

CueroDad08
09-25-2010, 03:20 PM
This is a huge early distric match up: Winner will have a big edge in winning Distric 28.
Both Teams have played very tuff pre distric games getting ready for this game.

Cuero: (3-2)

Wimberley 42-49 L
Liberty Hill 28-36 L
Bellville 28-8 W
Port Lavaca 34-21W
Pleasanton 38-14 W

La Vernia (1-3)

Abilene Wylie 7-21 L
Canyon Lake 19-24 L
Giddings 21-20 W
Wimberley 21-35 L

Snotbubbles
09-25-2010, 04:59 PM
With TJ, Cuero wins 28-21
Without TJ, LV wins 28-21.

Winner in drivers seat for Championship.

Come early if ya want a seat. Mega folks expected. Both teams have played quality opponents to have them prepared that's for sure.

44INAROW
09-25-2010, 05:18 PM
GO MEAN GREEN - ;) La Vernia vs Cuero is always a good game.. maybe we'll see another spectacular catch by #8 :)

Gontex
09-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
GO MEAN GREEN - ;) La Vernia vs Cuero is always a good game.. maybe we'll see another spectacular catch by #8 :)

Looking forward to the game.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 08:05 PM
We have played both...and I can tell you, La Vernia is not at Cuero's level, assuming Cuero doesnt turn it over 4 times.

lvfan12
09-25-2010, 08:09 PM
assuming la vernia doesnt have 5 fumbles against wimberley its a different game to!

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by lvfan12
assuming la vernia doesnt have 5 fumbles against wimberley its a different game to!

I hear you LVFan...but its my opinion Cuero has just too much talent for LV this year. But...you guys do play them hard each year, so you never know. I will go with Cuero, 42-21

gobbler grad
09-25-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles

Both teams have played quality opponents to have them prepared that's for sure.

Pleasanton was not a quality opponent...not sure why we didn't score 50+ on them and they should finish dead last in the district...:thinking:

what's the status on Jackson? how bad was the injury? hope it's not serious and he can be ready for Friday...

CueroDad08
09-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Pleasanton was not a quality opponent...not sure why we didn't score 50+ on them and they should finish dead last in the district...:thinking:

what's the status on Jackson? how bad was the injury? hope it's not serious and he can be ready for Friday...

I think your wrong........Dead Last? I look for Pleasanton to battle for the 3rd playoff spot.

LV_Bearfan
09-26-2010, 10:18 AM

The La Vernia team is a strange, scary animal right now......one that so far hasn't held on to the ball. If that changes, La Vernia wins regardless of personnel. If it doesn't, Cuero by two scores.

Snotbubbles
09-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Have not seen Cuero in a while on the road. Do they still travel well? Often had more fan's than the home team did times I seen them on the road.

Also, LV fan's---what's the seating capacity of your newly remodeled stadium. Looks great I might add. I was there for the Giddings game, and though Giddings only had like 100 fans'---I assume you can handle the 1000's coming from DeWitt Co. this Friday?

LV was outplayed by Giddings in the stat's---but, I seen a team that refused to lose that night. Get that effort this coming Friday, it's anyones ball game. Now here's a team with heart and determination. Should be a exciting one.

BRfalconfan
09-26-2010, 06:16 PM
i picked cuero until i saw trent was out thats going to be piece of the offense missing

crabman
09-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Trent had 69 yards Friday night before he went out. We ended up with right at 250 yards rushing. He is good. He is handy. He is by no means the only running back on this team. We get Thibodeaux back this week too. We still have 5 or 6 options.

Remember in 2004 when Latrael Cooper went out with a torn ACL? All Cuero did was go to the finals.

Old Green
09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Trent had 69 yards Friday night before he went out. We ended up with right at 250 yards rushing. He is good. He is handy. He is by no means the only running back on this team. We get Thibodeaux back this week too. We still have 5 or 6 options.

Remember in 2004 when Latrael Cooper went out with a torn ACL? All Cuero did was go to the finals. TRue:iagree: I was real impressde with that young freshman RB who was moved up to varsity last week. We'll be alright. Thibodeaux and the rest will step it up a notch.

CueroDad08
09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by crabman

Remember in 2004 when Latrael Cooper went out with a torn ACL? All Cuero did was go to the finals.

Trent has talked to most of his team today, lets all keep him in our prayers,great kid to go along with being one of the best RB's in Texas. He will now work his butt off and be ready for his SR year and make it the best year yet. Just as you have stated Crab, Everyone will get to see another great running back in Thibodeaux this week. He has been out for most of the year,and is heathy and ready to take over the job.

BearBacker
09-27-2010, 06:44 AM
The Bears are not loaded with talent like Cuero, and just like the Wimberley game, if we turn the ball over, it will be a long night. The kids always play hard, and if we take care of the ball and eliminate all unforced errors, we'll be in the game and have a chance to win.

LV_Bearfan
09-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Sad to hear that Trent is out.

rojosgirl
09-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Should be a great match up. Can't wait to see the newly renovated stadium. No matter what, this will be a great game between two top notch teams.

GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:cheerl:

SpursFan
09-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I think your wrong........Dead Last? I look for Pleasanton to battle for the 3rd playoff spot.

I agree! Pleasanton's QB has a great arm!!

lvfan12
09-27-2010, 09:01 PM
The Bear stadium will fit thousands on the visitor's side... should be a packed house and should be a heck of a game

rojosgirl
09-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Hoping for some good football weather too! :D

Snotbubbles
09-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by BearBacker
The Bears are not loaded with talent like Cuero, and just like the Wimberley game, if we turn the ball over, it will be a long night. The kids always play hard, and if we take care of the ball and eliminate all unforced errors, we'll be in the game and have a chance to win.

If ya'll play like you did vs Giddings, you can win this one. Giddings dominated in stat's, but--the Bears heart and determination would not allow their first home game in the new stadium, to be a loss. Hell of a effort by LV.

Coach Owens and Coach Robinson will have them prepared and pumped. Both teams gotta play smart, mistake free and don't let the emotions consume them. Big time game here.

12thMan
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
The Raging Cajun will step in for Trent and do a great job. The whole state of Texas knows about Trent, and now they will find out about Andrew.

YTBulldogs
09-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 12thMan
The Raging Cajun will step in for Trent and do a great job. The whole state of Texas knows about Trent, and now they will find out about Andrew.

Should know of Tibby from last year. Major part of that team IMO.

12thMan
09-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

Teams from this area know of him of course, he was one of the quiet leaders on the team. Played a big role on defense and made some huge runs vs. Ingleside last year. He will do an awesome job at RB!!!

SintonFan
09-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

Tibby is so much easier to spell than Thibideax or is it Tibidough....
is this guy from New Orleans or what?:(

From Old Green: Thibodeaux

Thank you!:)

This guy is very very good. Beware region four. If Cuero had both healthy then they would have one of the best one/two RB punches in the state.:nerd:

rojosgirl
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Tibby is a cute nickname for sure. Not sure he'd like that though. (LOL) He is a 100% "Ragin'Cajun" and ready for all sorts of action! Love to watch him play defense. :D
He'll rack up some yards too. Can't wait to watch! :thumbsup:

GO-MEAN-GREEN!

rojosgirl
09-30-2010, 03:56 PM
GO-MEAN-GREEN!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BullBoy
09-30-2010, 09:17 PM
cuero's played a pretty tough schedule, wouldnt be suprised if they ROLL in this game.

Snotbubbles
10-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by BullBoy
cuero's played a pretty tough schedule, wouldnt be suprised if they ROLL in this game.

LV's just as tough. I see a barn burner here. Maybe a few OT periods? Bo will have them prepared with that week off.

rojosgirl
10-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Let's line 'em up and play! :D

GO-MEAN-GREEN!

Frontline Force
10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Gobble gobble

garciap77
10-01-2010, 01:51 PM
GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Green
10-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Cuero 7 - LaVernia 0. 1stqtr. 16 yd pass to Monte Green

gobbler grad
10-01-2010, 07:47 PM
14-0...Cuero

that didn't take long:thinking:

Old Green
10-01-2010, 07:48 PM
1st Cuero 14 - Lv 0. td pass to Aaron Bell

6:25 left in 1st qtr

Old Green
10-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Cuero 14 - LV 7

1:54 left in 1st Qtr

Old Green
10-01-2010, 08:21 PM
6:47 2nd qtr

Cuero 21 - LV 7

Old Green
10-01-2010, 08:35 PM
2nd Qtr

Cuero 21 LV 14

SpursFan
10-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Yoakum 7-3 over Pleasanton! at half

Old Green
10-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Halftime Cuero 21 - LV 14

SpursFan
10-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Gonzales 20-0 over Poteet at half

KingRob
10-01-2010, 09:15 PM
LET'S GO CUERO!!!

:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Old Green
10-01-2010, 09:32 PM
End of the 3rd qtr

Cuero 21 - LV 14

12thMan
10-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Any updates?

12thMan
10-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Cuero's fans sound like their asleep!!

KingRob
10-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Bears at the 50 and driving....4th down now. Under 5 mins......Incomplete pass..Gobblers take over.

gobbler grad
10-01-2010, 09:50 PM
2:26 left ...need a 1st down and then run out the clock

12thMan
10-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Did Cuero go for it on 4th down?

Old Green
10-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Final Cuero 21 - LaVernia 14

KingRob
10-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Gobblers Win 21- 14!

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

SintonFan
10-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Final Cuero 21 - LaVernia 14

Awesome hard fought win tonight Gobblers!

If LV can beat Gonzales, then who knows...
they might make some noise.:)

Snotbubbles
10-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Not the same Cuero though without Trent. Pretty noticeable. Lose a state top RB, it hurts. Of course, LV "D" played pretty good. And, I think they shut TJ down too his freshman year. So, this might not be a good game to judge Cuero's new running game.

LV miscue's (opening punt for one, and wasted TO's to correct personnel) killed them.

Was a great game for us fan's though. Good luck both teams.

gobbler grad
10-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Did Cuero lose another starter last night...had another one on crutches last night, I heard...not good to lose another key player...:thinking:

Green Bling
10-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by 12thMan
Cuero's fans sound like their asleep!!
12thMan, the Cuero Faithful were in rare form! Loud on defense in a playoff type atmosphere! The Bears played us tough. Great win for the Gobs!!

CueroDad08
10-02-2010, 10:24 AM
LV D was tuff with the run. But very strange to see the Gobblers not pass the ball alot more than they did. The passing game looked great when it was called. IMO that was what keeped LV in the game in second half (not passing more). Plenty of weapons if we use em.

Snotbubbles
10-02-2010, 12:27 PM
LV D was tuff with the run. But very strange to see the Gobblers not pass the ball alot more than they did. The passing game looked great when it was called. IMO that was what keeped LV in the game in second half (not passing more). Plenty of weapons if we use em.

I agree 100% Dad.

Also liked how Tibby smashed his way to run the clock out that last drive.

Wonder what he could do when he's back into RB shape after missing from injury, with 20+ rushes. Talking about a painful man to bring down, run after run for a "D".

CueroDad08
10-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Snotbubbles
I agree 100% Dad.

Also liked how Tibby smashed his way to run the clock out that last drive.

Wonder what he could do when he's back into RB shape after missing from injury, with 20+ rushes. Talking about a painful man to bring down, run after run for a "D".

Agree Snotbubbles: I would have never pictured Tibby not getting very many chances last night. Alot of things happend last night that make everyone scratch there head.

CueroDad08
10-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Did Cuero lose another starter last night...had another one on crutches last night, I heard...not good to lose another key player...:thinking:

Yes Gobblers lost a starter on D last night.
Logan Goebel went down in first Qrt. Did not return

LV_Bearfan
10-03-2010, 07:46 AM

LV D was tuff with the run. But very strange to see the Gobblers not pass the ball alot more than they did. The passing game looked great when it was called. IMO that was what keeped LV in the game in second half (not passing more). Plenty of weapons if we use em. Cuero hit on several nice passes early, but an interception was coming. Too much air under some of the later passes. LV didn't cover well early, but that changed. Cuero's receivers started taking some hard hits. I dont fault the coach for keeping it on the ground.

CueroDad08
10-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by LV_Bearfan
Cuero hit on several nice passes early, but an interception was coming. Too much air under some of the later passes. LV didn't cover well early, but that changed. Cuero's receivers started taking some hard hits. I dont fault the coach for keeping it on the ground.

An interception could come at anytime on any play no matter who is playing the game. From what I was seeing, LV was having a very hard time keeping up with #3 & #8 on the few times a play was called to either one. They must have seen something during game with the run that we up in the stands could not see.

1st and goal
10-03-2010, 09:10 AM
I was surprised that there wasn't any scoring after 2 minutes before the half. Sounds like it was a tough game. Good win Cuero, good morale booster. Sorry for the injuries.

greenzebra
10-03-2010, 12:28 PM
Cuero QB was 6 0f 9 passing with 2 drops that were throw in stride and the receiver had both hands on the ball. Can't understand not throwing more, only 1 pass was overthrown. How do you stop throwing when you should be 8 of 9. Maybe they were trying to see if they could establish a running game and were sure we they had the victory, thou I wasn't so sure. Cuero defense sure stood up when it was needed.

After game overheard a coach from the district north, they were all open this week and sent coaches to possible play-off teams, who was there scouting remark he could not understand Cuero not put the ball in their playmakers hands more by having the QB pass to #3,#8, &#32 more. That seemed to be his opinion from what I overheard. He thought the game would have been over by half if Cuero would have.

CueroDad08
10-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Agree

LV_Bearfan
10-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Agree
There are ifs and buts after every game. I can give you a whole list of ifs and buts that would have La Vernia winning this game, so I think you guys should be happy with the win. Your team beat a quality opponent at home. The La Vernia D has given every team fits, and they simply do not get blown out. You guys got easy early scores just like Wimberley, so be thankful. Whoever thought that game could have been a blowout was not watching the same game. I saw Cuero getting worked up and down the field for a good part of it. Not sure how Cuero was going to blow La Vernia out when La Vernia was having so much success moving the ball on them throughout the second quarter. I am really surprised that La Vernia didn't put up at least two scores in the second half, so hats off to the Cuero D.

rojosgirl
10-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Lots of people at every game each week are looking through "rose-colored glasses". The Cuero-LaVernia game was no exception. They don't run enough, they don't pass enough, what is he (the coach) doing? I've heard it hundreds of times. Of course, everyone in the bleachers is an expert. I just wish people could watch a game and not criticize the coaches and players. Yes, Cuero won and it may not have been as pretty as some would have liked. But a win is a win - be thankful instead of complaining!

Hats off to the Bears on a great game. Also, kudos on the facilities updates! :D

LV_Bearfan
10-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks.

Lots of football to be played. I think both teams will make their respective fans proud before all is said and done.

CueroDad08
10-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by rojosgirl
Lots of people at every game each week are looking through "rose-colored glasses". The Cuero-LaVernia game was no exception. They don't run enough, they don't pass enough, what is he (the coach) doing? I've heard it hundreds of times. Of course, everyone in the bleachers is an expert. I just wish people could watch a game and not criticize the coaches and players. Yes, Cuero won and it may not have been as pretty as some would have liked. But a win is a win - be thankful instead of complaining!

Hats off to the Bears on a great game. Also, kudos on the facilities updates! :D

Everyone has there own opinion just like you. Some agree and some disagree. Everyone is very thankful for the win. Most also were scratching there head just like me.Thats all just part of going to a game. Not many games go just how you plan them to. The ones scratching there heads just wanted to know why you would not keep a team off ballance and mix in the pass and at least try to make it harder on the other team trying to stop you. It was very easy when you have 26 plays with the ball in the second half and you run 25 of those. Success comes from keeping the other team guessing.......

Snotbubbles
10-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Agree Dad. I think you'd have more success throwing the ball against that run tough Bear "D".

I seen them against Giddings (who didn't throw a single pass) and LV beat them. Gonna beat the Bears, you might want to chunk it on them.

greenzebra
10-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Total agree, LV "D" was very tough against the run, but I feel susceptible to the pass.

LV_Bearfan
10-04-2010, 11:35 PM
You're probably right. That's a concern. Gonzales will chunk it around no doubt.