PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell @ Brookshire- Royal

Caldwell_Raider
09-25-2010, 09:27 AM
What's your thoughts on this game?

Old Tiger
09-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Who did Caldwell play last night? Key to win the game for Caldwell is to chew the clock up while they are on offense to keep Brandon Williams off the field.

Caldwell_Raider
09-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Who did Caldwell play last night? Key to win the game for Caldwell is to chew the clock up while they are on offense to keep Brandon Williams off the field.

Caldwell had their bye this past week.

I agree about our offense needing to stay on the field and chew clock, but I also have faith in the Caldwell defense; I'm pretty sure the starting defense has only given up 1 or 2 touchdowns all year. So it should be interesting.

zebrablue2
09-25-2010, 10:03 AM

hornets were off last night! this will be a great game. must be in brookshire, i may have to go see this one...

Falcongrad&Dad
09-25-2010, 10:18 AM
yes the game is at Royal. So Caldwell had a bye last night? They are 4-0???

Falcongrad&Dad
09-25-2010, 10:20 AM
have to go with my hometown boys on this one. should be a great game. zebra, let me know if you are coming or not.

Pudlugger
09-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Caldwell's schedule was very weak with a 2-16 combined w/l record while BR has played some two good teams (Giddings, Sweeney) with a total combined 13-10 record between all five opponents. Strength of schedule favors the Falcons here. BR by 10.

Caldwell_Raider
09-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Falcongrad&Dad
yes the game is at Royal. So Caldwell had a bye last night? They are 4-0???

Yep bye this past week. They've beaten Bellville, Austin Crocket, Madisonville, and Waco Connaly.

Old Tiger
09-25-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
Caldwell had their bye this past week.

I agree about our offense needing to stay on the field and chew clock, but I also have faith in the Caldwell defense; I'm pretty sure the starting defense has only given up 1 or 2 touchdowns all year. So it should be interesting. I know yalls defense is good but Brandon Williams is just that good. I don't think yall have faced a player like Williams in a long time. I mean no disrespect to Chris Whaley or Brock Fitzhenry but Williams is just head and shoulders better than both of them.

If this game was in Caldwell with the soaked field and home field officiating I'd say Caldwell by 10+ but with the game being on the road give me Caldwell by 3-6 point range.

scrub c
09-25-2010, 12:33 PM
BR by 28

pirate4state
09-25-2010, 12:36 PM
This game is very intriguing, but I'll settle for updates. If Caldwell can play keep away and score on every possession, I like their chances. If not, be prepared to be down in a hurry!!

Good luck!

Caldwell_Raider
09-25-2010, 12:38 PM
I know yalls defense is good but Brandon Williams is just that good. I don't think yall have faced a player like Williams in a long time. I mean no disrespect to Chris Whaley or Brock Fitzhenry but Williams is just head and shoulders better than both of them.

If this game was in Caldwell with the soaked field and home field officiating I'd say Caldwell by 10+ but with the game being on the road give me Caldwell by 3-6 point range.

lol at the soaked field. Darn if only we could get the game moved to Caldwell this year. :D

But yeah I see what your saying, the only person I would compare Williams with would be Jeremy Curley that guy there was a complete beast and ran up and down caldwell.

I do, however, have faith in this defense, this is probably the best defense Caldwell has had in 6-7 years. So it'll be a good measuring stick to see how they actually compare/ measure up to someone like Williams.

I do believe this is going to be a super close game maybe 28-21 type ball game.

Old Tiger
09-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
This game is very intriguing, but I'll settle for updates. If Caldwell can play keep away and score on every possession, I like their chances. If not, be prepared to be down in a hurry!!

Good luck! Wouldn't you love to be next to the Caldwell coaches while trying to figure out where Williams is? lol

pirate4state
09-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Wouldn't you love to be next to the Caldwell coaches while trying to figure out where Williams is? lol He won't be hard to spot...he'll be the dude 30 yards ahead of everyone else LOL ;)

Caldwell_Raider
09-25-2010, 12:39 PM
What type of offense and defense does Brookshire play?

Old Tiger
09-25-2010, 12:41 PM
What type of offense and defense does Brookshire play?

Offense: Brandon Williams right, left, middle, flare out of backfield, screen, and playaction to the best receiver they have.

Caldwell_Raider
09-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Offense: Brandon Williams right, left, middle, flare out of backfield, screen, and playaction to the best receiver they have.

hahaha

zebrablue2
09-25-2010, 08:14 PM
the falcons may have not seen a defense this QUICK yet? the rb will be getting hit in the backfield from time to time, I promise. the hornets are a well coached machine, better be ready for a quick start offense. I will go with the hornets by 6!!!!

BRfalconfan
09-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
the falcons may have not seen a defense this QUICK yet? the rb will be getting hit in the backfield from time to time, I promise. the hornets are a well coached machine, better be ready for a quick start offense. I will go with the hornets by 6!!!!

im pretty sure giddings and hempstead are fast defenses

track33
09-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Caldwell has a good defense, but I know they have not seen a rb with the speed Williams is blessed with. If Caldwell's defense can keep Williams to 3 tds, Caldwell should win by 7.

1st and goal
09-26-2010, 08:25 AM
Fast defenses can stop BR/BW most of the time if you can get in the backfield, but when he gets an opening, its a big play. BR will throw the ball to keep D's honest so it opens up the running game.

Not ready to vote yet. I'd like to come see this game.

Old Cardinal
09-26-2010, 08:42 AM
Brookshire Royal is just one other good Region III 3A and they will do to Caldwell exactly what they would do to a lot of the 3As across Texas.

Body
09-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Hey Raider, Royal runs the spread. What defense does Caldwell play. I know their offense.

Caldwell_Raider
09-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Body
Hey Raider, Royal runs the spread. What defense does Caldwell play. I know their offense.

Caldwell's base defense is the 4-2-5. But it varies depending on the opponent and their strength and weaknesses.

What about Royal what type of base defense do they run?

Global Swarming
09-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Brookshire Royal is just one other good Region III 3A and they will do to Caldwell exactly what they would do to a lot of the 3As across Texas.

Which is?

BRfalconfan
09-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
Which is?

get 200+ yds rushing yds a game

Caldwell_Raider
09-26-2010, 06:38 PM
I know Coach Williams well enough, he's gonna load up on that player and make someone else beat them. I see Caldwell using a game plan very familiar to the one they use against Navasota.

STAggie
09-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I know Coach Williams well enough, he's gonna load up on that player and make someone else beat them. I see Caldwell using a game plan very familiar to the one they use against Navasota.

Ask Sweeny how well that plan worked.

juice
09-26-2010, 10:31 PM
maybe BR is counting on that???? games are won with technique, execution, speed and strength. Not by little schemes drawn on pieces of paper.

pancho villa
09-27-2010, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by juice
maybe BR is counting on that???? games are won with technique, execution, speed and strength. Not by little schemes drawn on pieces of paper.

LOL How would you know that?

Lucky2Coach
09-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Ask Sweeny how well that plan worked.

Or ask Sweeny how 7 turnovers and giving BR a short field almost every possession takes its toll. No excuses, Sweeny put the ball on the ground and BR took care of it. Brandon Williams wore them down...he is great. Hope Sweeny gets another shot at BR!

juice
09-27-2010, 08:13 AM
what does that mean? too vague

juice
09-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach
Or ask Sweeny how 7 turnovers and giving BR a short field almost every possession takes its toll. No excuses, Sweeny put the ball on the ground and BR took care of it. Brandon Williams wore them down...he is great. Hope Sweeny gets another shot at BR!

well.
your refs didnt give our wr the 40 yard catch that was never in question...they just said he didnt catch it???

we had our soph RB run for 75 yards on 8 carries against your defense...We had QBs run the ball well, and should have had over 100 passingyards, except for the blown call.
We could have easily rolled up 600 yards of offense instead of the 500 we had.
Point is...
Several BR kids had good games, not just #5.
We would love to see sweeny again at home or somewhere besides sweeny.

BR 13 penalties 115 yards
Sweeny 1 penalty 5 yards.

Really?

Lucky2Coach
09-27-2010, 08:21 AM
well.
your refs didnt give our wr the 40 yard catch that was never in question...they just said he didnt catch it???

we had our soph RB run for 75 yards on 8 carries against your defense...We had QBs run the ball well, and should have had over 100 passingyards, except for the blown call.
We could have easily rolled up 600 yards of offense instead of the 500 we had.
Point is...
Several BR kids had good games, not just #5.
We would love to see sweeny again at home or somewhere besides sweeny.

BR 13 penalties 115 yards
Sweeny 1 penalty 5 yards.

Really?

Hopefully, it will happen!

juice
09-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Hopefully, it will happen!

yeah well until it does how about taking your loss in stride like a coach has to and focus on your next opponent?

Our game is over.

You've got other people to worry about. Beating yourself up about our game is not going to produce any positives for you. Just look ahead to the next game.

Lucky2Coach
09-27-2010, 08:37 AM
yeah well until it does how about taking your loss in stride like a coach has to and focus on your next opponent?

Our game is over.

You've got other people to worry about. Beating yourself up about our game is not going to produce any positives for you. Just look ahead to the next game.

I'm not a HS coach. I'm taking it in stride. I know BR has a great team, and I think our team is really good too. I'm hoping some good things will come from this loss (insert...Tim Tebow speech). I am not bitter...I wish BR the best of luck the rest of the season. I really hope we can meet up again in the Semi-Finals. I don't think this idea is far-fetched.

Lucky2Coach
09-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Also...sorry to hijack the thread! I'm done.

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Since we play Thursday, I may try to come check this game out. I'd like to see the BR RB

juice
09-27-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm not a HS coach. I'm taking it in stride. I know BR has a great team, and I think our team is really good too. I'm hoping some good things will come from this loss (insert...Tim Tebow speech). I am not bitter...I wish BR the best of luck the rest of the season. I really hope we can meet up again in the Semi-Finals. I don't think this idea is far-fetched.

gonna a long road to the semis..
good luck to you to

BigDADDAgadda
09-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Dont get me wrong Slim is the man, but he has good players around him. Who do you think they go to when coachs tell their 11 defensive players to focus on #5? How about #19 good arm and as tought as they come. Dont forget about #33 speedy and seems as if Slim is rubbin off on that boy. Dont forget about #22 BIG ROUGH AND THOUGH D-RICH. Raw talent that is bein molded into something great by the royal coachs! How bout #3 great arm and speedy out the back field. WR's #2 & #15 cant play them 1 on 1 for to long, they'll get ya! Add #5 on top of all that talent and youve got a winnin team. This team has a lot more to offer. The Royal coachs have not even scratched the surface with thier play callin so far. There is so much more they can do with this offense. Ill take a page out of SWEENYS fans/players pre game chants. THEY JUST DONT KNOW, well now they do!

AKA CEASAR
09-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Well schemes always work on paper the trick is getting 11 kids to execute it. I understand Coach Williams is a good coach with a scheme, but #5 makes those schemes hard to execute. The hard part is talking about it, apparently the easy part is doing it..just ask sweeny about their schemes and tricks...just saying..

Old Cardinal
09-29-2010, 11:07 AM
This is a good long interesting thread; however, the best two teams in Region III--at this moment in time- are Kirbyville vs WOS: being played this Saturday night in Orange, TX

Crasher
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
This is a good long interesting thread; however, the best two teams in Region III--at this moment in time- are Kirbyville vs WOS: being played this Saturday night in Orange, TX

who do you think will win?

as far as them being the best two teams in region 3...
the good thing is we will find out during the playoffs..
kirbyville will go small school correct?
and will WOS go big school?

Crasher
09-29-2010, 11:10 AM

i may come down for the game. I have alot of respect for Coach hooks and the mustangs.
No disrpect to kirbyville...i just dont know much about them.

Old Cardinal
09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Should be a great game.....in the newspaper this morning all 6 of the local Port Arthur Sportswriters picked Kirbyville to win.

It will be a phenomenal HS game, IMO

Bull's-eye
09-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Hornets by 7. ;)

AKA CEASAR
09-29-2010, 02:39 PM
well bull's eye the Hornet will lose by less than the Brahma's will when they play BR, but none the less they will lose...

Uncle Buck
09-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by BigDADDAgadda
Dont get me wrong Slim is the man, but he has good players around him. Who do you think they go to when coachs tell their 11 defensive players to focus on #5? How about #19 good arm and as tought as they come. Dont forget about #33 speedy and seems as if Slim is rubbin off on that boy. Dont forget about #22 BIG ROUGH AND THOUGH D-RICH. Raw talent that is bein molded into something great by the royal coachs! How bout #3 great arm and speedy out the back field. WR's #2 & #15 cant play them 1 on 1 for to long, they'll get ya! Add #5 on top of all that talent and youve got a winnin team. This team has a lot more to offer. The Royal coachs have not even scratched the surface with thier play callin so far. There is so much more they can do with this offense. Ill take a page out of SWEENYS fans/players pre game chants. THEY JUST DONT KNOW, well now they do!

WOW....LOL

Congrats on the Win.......... go easy on the BS.

OldBison75
09-29-2010, 05:46 PM
I still think Caldwell will play a ball control game on offense and eat up clock time from the Royal offense. On defense, Caldwell is much better and much quicker than most people give them credit for. They will run a blitz package that will either force Royal to pull out of the full spread, or they will be fighting Hornets in the backfield all night.

On more than one occasion over the last couple of years I have seen Caldwell face teams with studs in the backfield and keep them bottled up for the most part. I suspect we will see that again Friday night.

If Royal can get up a score or two early, then they might force the Caldwell offense to get out of it's comfort zone. But, that will be no easy task.

This will be a great football game that matches two very different styles. I am picking Caldwell in a very low scoring affair. If either team gets more than 24 points I will be shocked.

Caldwell 21
Brookshire Royal 14

zebrablue2
10-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2

Caldwell 21 to 15... I rest my case!!!

trojandad
10-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I still think Caldwell will play a ball control game on offense and eat up clock time from the Royal offense. On defense, Caldwell is much better and much quicker than most people give them credit for. They will run a blitz package that will either force Royal to pull out of the full spread, or they will be fighting Hornets in the backfield all night.

On more than one occasion over the last couple of years I have seen Caldwell face teams with studs in the backfield and keep them bottled up for the most part. I suspect we will see that again Friday night.

If Royal can get up a score or two early, then they might force the Caldwell offense to get out of it's comfort zone. But, that will be no easy task.

This will be a great football game that matches two very different styles. I am picking Caldwell in a very low scoring affair. If either team gets more than 24 points I will be shocked.

Caldwell 21
Brookshire Royal 14

you nailed this one, bison.....looking more and more like the madisonville game was a fluke, as they scored more on caldwell than br did.......sounds like your defense got a real shot in the arm........congrats......

Bull's-eye
10-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Hornets by 7. ;)

AKA CEASAR, I only missed the score by 1 point and picked the winner.....Caldwell!!

Way to go Hornets! :clap: :clap: :clap: