09-24-2010, 11:45 PM
It was 38 7 at the half.

PPHSfan
09-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Who was winning?

Ewww. That was just wrong.

orange machine
09-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Paris has a great stadium, now for the post game wrap up. Celina jumped out early on Paris with a Half time score of 38 to 7. Paris only score in the first half came on a third down and forever and low and behold they score. Second half Celina 1st team d gave up another score on again a third and forever. By the time the fourth qt started Celina's 2's were playing. The final two scores for Paris came on guess what third downs. Paris never quit and they will have a good team next year. The game looks close by the score, but it was not close at all. Again the offense put up big numbers with I would guess close to if not more than 500 yards of offense. Defense tackled good tonight and the pass rush was good, but for some reason 3rd and long has killed Celina this year. Every score tonight came on third down and very long. Overal nobody is gonna shut the offense down, but the secondary has lots of work to do.

catgut
09-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Paris has a great stadium, now for the post game wrap up. Celina jumped out early on Paris with a Half time score of 38 to 7. Paris only score in the first half came on a third down and forever and low and behold they score. Second half Celina 1st team d gave up another score on again a third and forever. By the time the fourth qt started Celina's 2's were playing. The final two scores for Paris came on guess what third downs. Paris never quit and they will have a good team next year. The game looks close by the score, but it was not close at all. Again the offense put up big numbers with I would guess close to if not more than 500 yards of offense. Defense tackled good tonight and the pass rush was good, but for some reason 3rd and long has killed Celina this year. Every score tonight came on third down and very long. Overal nobody is gonna shut the offense down, but the secondary has lots of work to do.
This game went about like I expected. Paris is just too small to play against teams with lines like Celina. I'm proud of them for hanging as close as they did considering we could not run the ball at all. At least our murderous predistrict schedule is over!

gatordaze
09-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by catgut
This game went about like I expected. Paris is just too small to play against teams with lines like Celina. I'm proud of them for hanging as close as they did considering we could not run the ball at all. At least our murderous predistrict schedule is over!

Murderous? You left off the smiley face.

I really like the way this looks to be playing out with Argyle, Sanger and PP looking to represent rd 1. If so, Sanger may be the tougehest draw becasue they can air it out. Argyle will make it the tougest round of the playoffs should Sanger faulter. That game would be a dog fight.

Lovejoy is decent but 1 dimensional running the ball. They can't score enough to hang with Celina.

Henderson or Carthage are both beatable. This could be the second toughest round.

I am now having to pull for AW as they must get better and keep Sweetwater out if they should falter then the showdown of the decade will be on. I don't think we match up well the the TO, Ocho and the Browns, err I mean Brownwood. AW is not great this year.

Sealy was the highest ranked probable D1. Wimberley show they are a good but not great team.

Celina is not great and might struggle against a very few pass happy D2 bound teams, but that is not the way it looks to go. Sanger has the best offense that we should face and they can't match us score for score.

Celina 1st D stepped up last night with a solid rush recording 8 sacks and many more hurries. Secondary is a concern but offensive dominance overcomes a few quick and long scores as seems to be the case. Celina held Paris to -28 yards on 24 carries. I don't see anyone stuffing it down our throats this year. A scrambling QB and a quick relase is what it takes.

Don't let the score fool you it was not that close and everyone played. 552 yards and 52 points was right oin season average. 410 yards at the half.

catgut
09-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Murderous? You left off the smiley face.

I really like the way this looks to be playing out with Argyle, Sanger and PP looking to represent rd 1. If so, Sanger may be the tougehest draw becasue they can air it out. Argyle will make it the tougest round of the playoffs should Sanger faulter. That game would be a dog fight.

Lovejoy is decent but 1 dimensional running the ball. They can't score enough to hang with Celina.

Henderson or Carthage are both beatable. This could be the second toughest round.

I am now having to pull for AW as they must get better and keep Sweetwater out if they should falter then the showdown of the decade will be on. I don't think we match up well the the TO, Ocho and the Browns, err I mean Brownwood. AW is not great this year.

Sealy was the highest ranked probable D1. Wimberley show they are a good but not great team.

Celina is not great and might struggle against a very few pass happy D2 bound teams, but that is not the way it looks to go. Sanger has the best offense that we should face and they can't match us score for score.

Celina 1st D stepped up last night with a solid rush recording 8 sacks and many more hurries. Secondary is a concern but offensive dominance overcomes a few quick and long scores as seems to be the case. Celina held Paris to -28 yards on 24 carries. I don't see anyone stuffing it down our throats this year. A scrambling QB and a quick relase is what it takes.

Don't let the score fool you it was not that close and everyone played. 552 yards and 52 points was right oin season average. 410 yards at the half.
I wouldn't overlook Lovejoy so easily if I were you. They aren't as big as Celina but they have some really good athetes with great speed.
And before you feel too good about all those rushing yards against Paris you have to realize that everyone has ran the ball against us all year. And we have basically had no rushing game this season. Our line is too small to handle those big lineman we've been playing.
I think Celina was the 2nd best team we played in predistrict. IMO Lovejoy and Celina are both a little behind Sulphur Springs but they should be since SS is a strong 4A team.
Good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the season. I'd really like to see a matchup of Celina and Carthage.

MN95
09-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Really impressed with the new stadium Paris. Very nice.

gatordaze
09-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by catgut
I wouldn't overlook Lovejoy so easily if I were you. They aren't as big as Celina but they have some really good athetes with great speed.
And before you feel too good about all those rushing yards against Paris you have to realize that everyone has ran the ball against us all year. And we have basically had no rushing game this season. Our line is too small to handle those big lineman we've been playing.
I think Celina was the 2nd best team we played in predistrict. IMO Lovejoy and Celina are both a little behind Sulphur Springs but they should be since SS is a strong 4A team.
Good luck to the Bobcats the rest of the season. I'd really like to see a matchup of Celina and Carthage.

I will take that comparison, SS put 300 yards up in a tough loss to Denton Ryan and are 3-1 otherwise. Not sure how that relates us to Lovejoy.

Lovejoy runs the ball well and we stop the run well. I think our offense is better and more balanced.

I feel good about our running game against anyone as we stayed on average last night and played mostly the 2's in the 4th when Paris scored 16 of thier points. I was very impressed with # 4. He is probably the fastest receiver that we have faced.

Celina/Carthage would be fun for us without Dwight Smith!

Twirling Time
09-27-2010, 04:37 AM
I will take that comparison, SS put 300 yards up in a tough loss to Denton Ryan and are 3-1 otherwise. Not sure how that relates us to Lovejoy.

Lovejoy runs the ball well and we stop the run well. I think our offense is better and more balanced.

I feel good about our running game against anyone as we stayed on average last night and played mostly the 2's in the 4th when Paris scored 16 of thier points. I was very impressed with # 4. He is probably the fastest receiver that we have faced.

And even with Smith, it was pretty dang good. Celina had the lead in the third quarter and one kid had him stopped in the backfield and missed, and he was gone. Boom, that's the ballgame. But yes, Smith was the difference.

charlesrixey
09-27-2010, 06:02 AM
Sanger is not the toughest draw in region 2. they are a decent team on the way up, but they are not better than Lovejoy or Argyle and their passing game isn't so great that they would be tougher for us to play than Lovejoy. I do think Sanger will be in the playoffs but i also think it is possible that Gainesville could be there as well ahead of Pilot Point. Sanger is a great spread team but if Celina plays Gilmer or Argyle it would be a tougher game.

gatordaze
09-27-2010, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
And even with Smith, it was pretty dang good. Celina had the lead in the third quarter and one kid had him stopped in the backfield and missed, and he was gone. Boom, that's the ballgame. But yes, Smith was the difference.

Sanger would have to miss for us To get Gainesville. Sanger QB is pretty good.

catgut
09-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by MN95
Really impressed with the new stadium Paris. Very nice.
It's a major improvement over what we were using. I thought our visitors seating was too small but it hasn't been full so far. I really thought Celina would fill it.

Aesculus gilmus
09-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
if Celina plays Gilmer or Argyle it would be a tougher game.

The only way you'd play Gilmer would be if Henderson, Carthage and Pittsburg ALL miss the playoffs. The odds of this happening are similar to that of an asteroid hitting Buckeye Stadium during a game.

OldNavy
09-27-2010, 10:01 AM

Without Dwight Smith and that awesome offensive line they had. They were GOOD!

PPSTATEBOUND
09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Sanger is not the toughest draw in region 2. they are a decent team on the way up, but they are not better than Lovejoy or Argyle and their passing game isn't so great that they would be tougher for us to play than Lovejoy. I do think Sanger will be in the playoffs but i also think it is possible that Gainesville could be there as well ahead of Pilot Point. Sanger is a great spread team but if Celina plays Gilmer or Argyle it would be a tougher game.

Argyle
Pilot Point
Sanger
Gainesville
Aubrey/Whitesboro

BILLYFRED0000
09-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Argyle
Pilot Point
Sanger
Gainesville
Aubrey/Whitesboro

I give GA a little more credit than that.

I think Aubrey will finish ahead of gainesville and give sanger some problems but other than that I agree with your assessment. Argyle is just terrific again and Pilot Point is very good with their main problem being a lack of depth. Sanger looks good but I am going to wait and see on them but in this district they should finish third.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I give GA a little more credit than that.

I think Aubrey will finish ahead of gainesville and give sanger some problems but other than that I agree with your assessment. Argyle is just terrific again and Pilot Point is very good with their main problem being a lack of depth. Sanger looks good but I am going to wait and see on them but in this district they should finish third.

I give G.A. all the credit but the game I watched Friday in Aubrey left alot to be desired. Wish you could have seen it. I was expected much more from the Chaps. :confused:

Matthew328
09-27-2010, 11:52 AM
Aubrey doesnt have a whole lot of raw talent and Grandview has a couple of kids who can go....that Spencer kid is a STUD..

PPSTATEBOUND
09-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Aubrey doesnt have a whole lot of raw talent and Grandview has a couple of kids who can go....that Spencer kid is a STUD..
Grandview= 2 and thru.

Twirling Time
09-28-2010, 05:14 AM
I expect Sanger to make the playoffs and face Celina in the first round (at Denton?). The winner between Gainesville and PP will get the third slot. Right now, I'm leaning toward Gainesville. They've had some injuries but are still playing very well.

charlesrixey
09-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
I expect Sanger to make the playoffs and face Celina in the first round (at Denton?). The winner between Gainesville and PP will get the third slot. Right now, I'm leaning toward Gainesville. They've had some injuries but are still playing very well.

i agree with this

Sanger is a much improved team, just like Gainesville. Pilot Point will struggle but both games will be close one way or another

PPSTATEBOUND
09-28-2010, 07:57 AM
Pilot Points #2 Ranked 3A S.O.S. will prove to have them ready for District. The Bearcats will notch their 36th playoff appearance and 34th consecutive winning season in 2010.:)

gatordaze
09-28-2010, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Pilot Points #2 Ranked 3A S.O.S. will prove to have them ready for District. The Bearcats will notch their 36th playoff appearance and 34th consecutive winning season in 2010.:)

I agree! If healthy PP is dangerous. How are the two kids that got hurt a few weeks ago against Celina?

PPSTATEBOUND
09-28-2010, 08:05 AM
I agree! If healthy PP is dangerous. How are the two kids that got hurt a few weeks ago against Celina?

It was 3 ~ 2 Lb's and 1 cornerback, 2 knees and one ankle......they should be ready for district.:cool:

PPSTATEBOUND
09-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Should also have our scat receiver back.....been out since the first quarter of the IP game.