PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Bellville

Pudlugger
09-24-2010, 11:29 PM
The Leps have had a week off to regroup after their disappointing thrashing by Sealy and will host the Brahmas. The Brahmas are having a tough season now 1-4 and losing a defensive struggle at home to Needville 14-7. Both teams come into this game needing a win to get on track for district play. Always a hard fought game but this year I think the Leps have the edge in talent and will win by 14.

zebrablue2
09-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Leps have had a week off to regroup after their disappointing thrashing by Sealy and will host the Brahmas. The Brahmas are having a tough season now 1-4 and losing a defensive struggle at home to Needville 14-7. Both teams come into this game needing a win to get on track for district play. Always a hard fought game but this year I think the Leps have the edge in talent and will win by 14.

:iagree:

ss27
09-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Well.....homecoming and all that......If Leps don't beat Bellville by at least 14 something is wrong. This game should be a given.

Pudlugger
09-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Beating Bellville has never been a given in the 16 years I've followed the Leps. I expect they will come out fired up and the Leps need to get their game on.

rancher
09-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Leps by 17, Bellville just lacking.

Pudlugger
09-25-2010, 06:52 PM
What about the new soph qb starting for Bellville? Will he bring a new dimension to the offense?

rancher
09-25-2010, 07:49 PM
What Im puzzled about, why hasnt he played before? He did not even get playing time when Bellville was getting beat down. I have not seen enough yet to make an honest judgement. But, he better get some help around him. As far anything new, nothing has change in two seasons now.

Bull's-eye
09-26-2010, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by rancher
What Im puzzled about, why hasnt he played before? He did not even get playing time when Bellville was getting beat down. I have not seen enough yet to make an honest judgement. But, he better get some help around him. As far anything new, nothing has change in two seasons now.

I'm with you Rancher. I did make it a point to watch the pre-game warmups, he does appear to have a stronger arm. I wondering if they will use him in the running game? There was one play where he faked the option run.

Bellville's offense has been very vanilla, they don't give the opposing defenses a lot of options to stop. Most of the time the ball will go to the tailback. Bellville did have some success running the FB, but failed to come back with this play after 2 good runs. The Brahmas will definitely have to open the offense up some more if they want to stay with LG.

Pudlugger
09-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Yeah that fullback is a hoss. I wondered why they didn't give the rock to him more too. Screen pass maybe?

sTxforlife
09-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Leps by at least 21 look for wilkerson to have a great game

rancher
09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Lets face facts, Bellville is lacking speed. However, all is not lost, look at the scheme that a team like Stanford runs, they use the fullback, run a lot of unbalance formations with extra tackles and guards pulling to establish mismatches. Look at their motion where the ball is given to the man in motion, he is on the edge before the defense can react with the mismatches on the line. Then top that off with the passing attack and they move the ball. Again something is amiss.

gameface
09-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Leps are ready for another taste of victory. Time to refine efforts before launching district play on Oct. 8th on plastic pasture. Leps take Brahma's for a tour of the jungle by 28. Leps have gameface on.:cool:

Red Bull
09-27-2010, 07:40 AM
I predict this game will not be close. I know nothing about LaGrange, but I do know Bellville is not that good after watching all 5 of their games this year. Bellville's offense is averaging less than 10 pts a game and will simply not be able to keep up with LaGrange.

LaGrange 35 Bellville 8.

buff4ever
09-27-2010, 09:51 AM
LG gets another easy W this week

Pudlugger
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
LG gets another easy W this week

Well I hope the Leps don't go into this game thinking it will be an easy win like they did against Smithville in 2008. 38-0 was the final score and the loss kept them out of the play offs even though they went on to beat Sealy.
You can not take Bellville for granted. They are down, they are wounded and they are dangerous. Leps better come out to play 'cause this could be the biggest Trap Game of the year.

gameface
09-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Pud-no need to worry but your right, Leps have to be prepared for angry bulls with humps on back. Hope we just play solid ball and keep'em pinned up. I say LG is getting prepared for battle as redshirts come to jungle. Leps just need to get the momemtum and then tighten the screws slowly! Leps have gameface on! Now, bring it LG.:cool:

TRENCHES06
09-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Well I hope the Leps don't go into this game thinking it will be an easy win like they did against Smithville in 2008. 38-0 was the final score and the loss kept them out of the play offs even though they went on to beat Sealy.
You can not take Bellville for granted. They are down, they are wounded and they are dangerous. Leps better come out to play 'cause this could be the biggest Trap Game of the year.

The 38-0 loss to Smithville was much more about a division in the lockerroom and parent interference from the outside...

Super Legit
09-27-2010, 11:02 PM
La Grange 42 Bellville 7

Pudlugger
09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Well the Leps got their noses bloodied good by Sealy so I hope they come out hungry and mean. They need this win. Go Leps!

buff4ever
09-27-2010, 11:38 PM
The vote count on this poll would be considered a close game considering what might happen

gameface
09-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Save the "might" talk. LG bringing it to the jungle this week and to the plastic pasture next week! We'll assist knocking the rust off two week herd huddle. Purple shirts available for scouting crew. Leps have gameface on!:cool:

Pudlugger
09-28-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by gameface
Save the "might" talk. LG bringing it to the jungle this week and to the plastic pasture next week! We'll assist knocking the rust off two week herd huddle. Purple shirts available for scouting crew. Leps have gameface on!:cool:

:spitlol: :fnypost:

BrahmaMom
09-28-2010, 11:53 AM
LaGrange has always been a fierce opponent. Hope the Brahmas
come with their game face on and the determination they have to lasso the Leps. The fans still believe in our Bulls!

Bull's-eye
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I'm waiting for the Brahmas to open up their offense. Much like last year, the players don't appear to be buying into the current scheme. Looking back to last season, Bellville flipped a switch during halftime of the Columbus game and the boys responded with great emotion. I'm sure the coaches don't want to hear this, our current offense is just too vanilla & not getting the job done.

Red Bull
09-28-2010, 12:50 PM
The most important issue is where will the helmet crew put up the helmet. We don't want another Cuero like situation.

Bull's Eye, Are you on that crew? Perhaps you could talk to the coaches when they go by as the players go out through the helmet.

BrahmaMom
09-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I liked Rip Alexander's (Bellville's talented and famed announcer)suggestion to form a spirit line by the helmet. ABellville tradition lost that needs to return to get our players fired up and know the fans are behind them all the way!

44INAROW
09-28-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
The most important issue is where will the helmet crew put up the helmet. We don't want another Cuero like situation.

Bull's Eye, Are you on that crew? Perhaps you could talk to the coaches when they go by as the players go out through the helmet.

lol I just saw this picture today -

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/cuerovsbellvillehelmet.jpg

buff4ever
09-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
lol I just saw this picture today -

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/cuerovsbellvillehelmet.jpg

oh where has this picture been?

this is classic

Bull's-eye
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull

No, but I was near the concession stands when the Cuero coach wanted the helmet moved. IMO, funny that grown men would even bother to worry about such things. From what I gather, Cuero must have a tradition of entering the stadium from the south endzone. The coachprobably didn't like sharing their side, but blame that on the rain. The helmet crew tried to set up on the north end, but were told the grass was too wet. Cuero fans....Does most of their opponents enter from the north side?

buff4ever
09-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
No, but I was near the concession stands when the Cuero coach wanted the helmet moved. IMO, funny that grown men would even bother to worry about such things.

who cares, given the story of the helmet that day, this pic is hilarious, admit it.

where is FBB when you need him.

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 04:27 PM
No, but I was near the concession stands when the Cuero coach wanted the helmet moved. IMO, funny that grown men would even bother to worry about such things. Or pout about it on a message board. :thinking:

Bull's-eye
09-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
who cares, given the story of the helmet that day, this pic is hilarious, admit it.

where is FBB when you need him.

I admit it is hilarious, but not as funny when the Cuero coach asked 4 times who told them to put the helmet in that location. ;)

Bull's-eye
09-28-2010, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Or pout about it on a message board. :thinking:

I was actually the one that first posted about helmet gate, I was curious what all the commotion was about. I could see grown men fighting over a blow up doll, but not a football helmet. :D

Pudlugger
09-28-2010, 06:37 PM
:hijacktd:

Yall can put your helmet where you want at Lep field. I'm up for some good football. Go Leps!:D

GiddingsFan
09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Plastic pasture. That is funny. LG always gives Giddings a good game.

Bellville beating LG would bring some great threads to 3ADL..

pirate4state
09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
I was actually the one that first posted about helmet gate, I was curious what all the commotion was about. I could see grown men fighting over a blow up doll, but not a football helmet. :D :eek: :tmi: :clap: :D

Can I have this post back??? Although it does seem fitting that my 39,000th post is smileys and on a Bellville thread :devil: bahaha

OLE'BULL
09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
The Brahma offense needs to have a coming out party against La Grange. It would give them some confidence going into district. If the D can have another performance like they did against Needville and hold LG to a couple TD's and maybe a field goal, they might surprise some folks. I like the QB switch. He completed his passes, though they might not have been deep balls, and that can only boost a young QBs confidence. I take the Brahmas by 10......

Bull's-eye
09-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Is LG still running the spread?

Pudlugger
09-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Yes they do. Their is a huge difference between the Needville offense and LG. First Needville runs the power I and they don't throw the ball much. Their qb had a weak arm and didn't get the ball to his receivers when he did. The Leps run the spread, have a stable of receivers and are deep in rbs as well. The Brahmas will be facing a completely different offense and it will be much more difficult to hold them to 2 tds then Needville. If the Leps do not turn the ball over they should win this game easily. That being said you can never take the Brahmas for granted they will come to play and will undoubtedly bring their best game so the Leps better do the same.

Red Bull
09-29-2010, 07:56 AM
Brahma Mom,

The spirit line was almost a joke last week. I could not believe only 10-15 people came down after the announcement. That was a "lack of spirit line" if you ask me. That line should have been all the way out the fence. That might have gotten the boys fired up.

A lot of Bellville Traditions have gone by the wayside in recent years. Winning will bring it all back. I just don't see that happening for a couple more years. Everyone needs to get their licks in now against the Brahmas for when the current Freshman team / class are juniors they should be pretty good for they have never been beaten. And that continues this year with 3 freshman on varsity.

Bull's-eye
09-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Pud, I thought I heard LG was changing their offense. Maybe, it was only the sub-varsity teams. :thinking:

hookandladder
09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Pud, I thought I heard LG was changing their offense. Maybe, it was only the sub-varsity teams. :thinking:

Last year the JV and Freshmen teams ran the wing T, the old coaches felt we could not run the spread this year. With losing 8 offensive starters from last year, there are a lot of new faces on offense this year.

Pudlugger
09-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Last year under Coach Walker for some reason the jv and frosh ran the slot t. When Walker left and Kates arrived they continued running the Spread.

BrahmaMom
09-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Red Bull, I think Rip was trying to have the tradition return. Yes, winning gets that all going again and we are taking our lumps. I am always an optimist and feel that is the only way to win ballgames; that and passion, and plays and mistake-free football, and showing emotion. I think the change in the offense may be appearing in better form this week. You never know what Coach Foster has up his sleeve. Looking forward to an intense game in cooler weather...GO BULLS!!

voicteofLeps
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
, I thought I heard LG was changing their offense. Maybe, it was only the sub-varsity teams. :thinking:

no change. LG is still in spread personally its the best thing for our team we made a few changes and we have a whole new mentally of playing were gonna be a team nobody has seen yet.

Pudlugger
09-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Great let's see it Friday night. Go Leps!

MJMbrahmas10
09-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Keep jacore#9 and debrae parker#7 in yalls prayers. They are brothers and there house burnt down yesterday

Pudlugger
09-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Keep jacore#9 and debrae parker#7 in yalls prayers. They are brothers and there house burnt down yesterday

That is terrible! I hope no one was injured. It is an awful thing to lose your possessions but at least they can go on with their lives. Hopefully they will have the resources in the community, family and friends to recover and get on with their lives. Prayers sent from La Grange.

gameface
09-30-2010, 07:27 AM
Thoughts and prayers goes out to the Brahma brothers. I unfortunately went through same trauma early this year but a home fire is worse than a business fire. Like Pud said, it's a blessing that no one was hurt. So, press on #7 and #9-stay strong and remember time heals. Leps have gameface on!:cool:

duckhunter
09-30-2010, 05:38 PM
anybody going to eat at the chicken ranch after the game?

Bull's-eye
09-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
anybody going to eat at the chicken ranch after the game?

Is it any good? Do they stay open late?

duckhunter
09-30-2010, 08:58 PM
Is it any good? Do they stay open late? depends who is working ;)

gameface
10-01-2010, 07:59 AM
How do you expect me to raise any cattle when your always shooting the bull!? The leopard pits are ready for some humpbacks. I like mine medium-rare! PS-any plastic pasture folks scouting the game tonight-I have 2- 50 yd. line home side tickets and purple shirts ready for viewing your appetizer! Call 1-800-BUFFLOSS. Leps have GAMEFACE ON!:cool:

LHS 2SONS
10-01-2010, 08:23 AM

The LG Booster Club started taking donations last night at the 7th/8th football games and will take donations at the game tonight and make a donation on behalf of LG Booster Club to the Family after tonight's game. It was a suggestion by Coach Kates and the Booster CLub ran with it.

Prayers sent as well!

BrahmaMom
10-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks to LaGrange for the help with the family of the Parker brothers. We may be opponents on the field, but friends and neighbors off the field. Your prayers and acts of kindness are most appreciated.

That said, during the game, let's go after the Leps full force, 110%, with emotion and intensity, mistake free and hungry for a win, Brahmas! Go, fight, WIN!

Bull's-eye
10-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Thanks to LaGrange for the help with the family of the Parker brothers. We may be opponents on the field, but friends and neighbors off the field. Your prayers and acts of kindness are most appreciated.

:2thumbsup Thanks for your kindness LG! :clap:

Pudlugger
10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Good luck Leps! Here's to a great game with no injuries. Let's get a big win and gain momentum going forward into district.

zebrablue2
10-01-2010, 05:51 PM
:2thumbsup Thanks for your kindness LG! :clap:

+1!!!

rancher
10-01-2010, 08:46 PM
LaGrange 10 Bellville 7 Half

44INAROW
10-01-2010, 10:30 PM
updates?

SintonFan
10-01-2010, 10:40 PM

Horrible news. I'll pray for them too.

44INAROW
10-01-2010, 10:43 PM
that's horrible.. sounds like the community and surrounding communities are rallying to their support - that's great..

Pudlugger
10-01-2010, 10:50 PM
La Grange 30 Bellville 15

It was a defensive struggle for three quarters. Both teams took advantage of turnovers to score. Finally the Lep offense took over and put up 14 points late in the third on some beautiful receptions by Wilkerson and Morris. The Brahmas came back on a long run by Reese (sp) to set up a score from the 5 and then caught the defense napping on the swinging gate for 2 points to bring it close 24-15. The Leps drove down to the 1 yard line and the Bulls held with a tremendous goal line stand. Unfortunately the Lep D which was really dominating the line of scrimmage pounded the Bellville ball carrier who fumbled in the end zone and Leps recovered for the td.

Hats off to the Bulls who never quit and showed some real grit on defense.

Go Leps. Beat Giddings!

hookandladder
10-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Good win for the leps, Always good to beat Bellville. La Grange has always had a hard time beating them, they are a little down however they will right the ship. Two sophmore QB's getting getting a lot of experience, will knock heads again next year. Good luck to the Bellville the rest of the year.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-02-2010, 12:43 AM
When was the last time Bellville was 1-5?

Bull's-eye
10-02-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm not sure what the Bellville coaches were thinking, but that 4th & 1 attempt from their own 48 was a key turning point. Bellville only trailed 10-7, when they decided to go for it on 4th down. The risk on that play by far out weighed the reward of making the first down. Another decision right before half had me scratching my head. Bellville received the ball on their own 21 yd line and with only 24 seconds left on the clock, decided to go for a score. Most coaches would just have their QB kneel on the ball and take their chances getting the ball to start the 3rd quarter, especially after most of us just recently watched the Dallas Cowboys make that blunder against the Redskins. Bellville fumbled the ball and gave LG a chance to put more points on the board. Luckily for the Brahmas, the defense held. I suggest someone run over to Barnes & Noble and get this book.

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/mas_assets/full/0470084634.jpg

rancher
10-02-2010, 06:15 AM
If you remember correctly, they made the same BONE HEAD MISTAKE LAST YEAR when playing Livingston and it backfired again. If you look up the definition of insanity you will see a the current staff fits it "Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results." 1-5 tells the story, who is going take responsibility. What was last years excuse?

rancher
10-02-2010, 07:27 AM
I will have to say that LaGrange booster club, fans and posters here are a CLASS ACT. I opine that helping those in need is what we need more off. A BIG TIP OF MY STETSON GOES OUT TO THE BOOSTER CLUB, FANS AND POSTERS FROM LAGRANGE. THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN ACT OF KINDNESS.

Pudlugger
10-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm not sure what the Bellville coaches were thinking, but that 4th & 1 attempt from their own 48 was a key turning point. Bellville only trailed 10-7, when they decided to go for it on 4th down. The risk on that play by far out weighed the reward of making the first down.

I have to say that although our defense played the 4th and one perfectly it was a bold decision by your coach to go for it. It showed faith in your defense for one. The goal line stand keeping the Leps out of the endzone from the 1 yard line speaks to that confidence. I know that folks from Bellville have to be upset now with a 1-5 record but they need to appreciate how tough the Brahma schedule has been. Good luck in district. I believe yall will come together just in time to salvage your season.

rancher
10-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey Bull's eye, I will buy half the books for the varsity staff if you will buy the other half. The Freshman coaches and JV seem to being doing it right. When is the last time that Coach Cerny lost more than 2 games in a season at the Freshman level. Seems to me all his teams in the past few years have been 10-0 or 9-0.

allforball
10-02-2010, 08:37 AM
Congrats to LG on their 500th All time win overall.

duckhunter
10-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Are the brahmas still using Wilson Jet basketball's?.......but seriously it's sad to see the brahma program dip this low. I dunno what's more embarrassing, their record or the thought that they can make the playoffs and only have two wins on the year? Hopefully the brahmas can find a way to pull things together, but from what I am reading on this board it seems like the chances of that happening are about as good as the Astros making the playoffs....

BrahmaMom
10-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Congrats to the Leps on the win. Your offense is impressive. Thanks for caring about our family and doing what you can to help them, I can't thank you enough for that. Brahmas, I don't know what to say. Defense, you fought hard and were on the field most of the game, and the whole team showed the spirit and intensity I have been looking for--thank you! We cannot run the ball up the middle without BLOCKING and blowing huge holes open for the runner. If we go to the air, we have to catch the ball. 1-5 is a tough place to be. Next week is for real, prepare physically, mentally and emotionally to win that game. Go Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
10-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I will have to say that LaGrange booster club, fans and posters here are a CLASS ACT. I opine that helping those in need is what we need more off. A BIG TIP OF MY STETSON GOES OUT TO THE BOOSTER CLUB, FANS AND POSTERS FROM LAGRANGE. THANK YOU FOR SUCH AN ACT OF KINDNESS.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LG, thank you all for your kindness. :)

zebrablue2
10-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by duckhunter
Are the brahmas still using Wilson Jet basketball's?.......but seriously it's sad to see the brahma program dip this low. I dunno what's more embarrassing, their record or the thought that they can make the playoffs and only have two wins on the year? Hopefully the brahmas can find a way to pull things together, but from what I am reading on this board it seems like the chances of that happening are about as good as the Astros making the playoffs....

astros are dead ducks DH. bulls are very much alive, and need to play the best game of their season next friday night. I believe they are up to it!! go BULLS!!!!

BrahmaMom
10-04-2010, 11:06 AM
You summed it up, zebrablue2! It was a disappointing game Friday night. Lessons were learned, I am sure. Never doubt the Bulls and never write them off, because they have heart! Let's gt after the Cards Friday night!

Bull's-eye
10-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Early in the game, it was like watching a game of cat & mouse between the LG offensive play calling vs the blitzing Bellville defense. Anytime time Bellville got pressure, it was good news for the Brahmas. Anytime LG picked up the blitz, it usually meant a big play downfield, especially with #9's ability to go up and get the ball. This went back & forth until LG coaches called two plays that are designed to slow down defensive pressure, the screen & draw. I remember watching one screen where about 6 Bellville rushers must of uttered "Oh shoot" when the LG QB lobbed the ball over their heads and into the hands of a back being escorted by 4 or 5 linemen. Hats off to the LG coaches, several good calls to offset the Bellville pressure.

Speaking of the screen play, when's the last time Bellville perfected this play? I also miss the cross buck reverse, great play to keep the defense on their toes. I was happy to see a couple of play-action passes, one went for a score and the other just missed from being a long TD. Offense still has a ways to go, but this is a start.

ASURugger
10-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Love it when "Fans" think they know more than the coaches. If this is the case when a job comes open why don't you throw your hat in the mix? I know that Bellville hires a couple of new coaches each year so you have plenty of chances.

Pudlugger
10-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by ASURugger
Love it when "Fans" think they know more than the coaches. If this is the case when a job comes open why don't you throw your hat in the mix? I know that Bellville hires a couple of new coaches each year so you have plenty of chances.

I love it when posters think they are High School Administrators and tell others to go apply for a coaching job if they make comments on play calling or game plans otherwise shut up. The game belongs to the fans who support it in many ways including funding, nurturing the players, numerous booster activities, good parenting, tutoring, mentoring and on and on. They don't like being told to shut up by self-appointed arbitrators of commentary. No one is faulting coaches here only commenting on the merits of the plays.

ASURugger
10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Have no problem with the criticizing of the coaches but to post a picture of a book that says Coaching for Dummies. Come on now. I agree football is for the fans as well as the players and coaches. It is frustrating to see when a team is playing poorly though the coaches are the problem. Don't you think the coaches - coach the same way on a poor team as if they were coaching a great team. Bellville is going through some problems right now but I don't think it all falls on the shoulders of the coaches.

Pudlugger
10-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Fair enough sometimes fans get frustrated and feel that the coach is on the wrong track. A little gentle criticism is useful but fans should be mindful of the realities of the game and not be unfairly critical of the coaches. That being said, I really believe that good coaches listen to their critics and, at times, learn from them. There are some very savvy fans on this board who probably could be successful coaches if they were in a position to do so. Bellville fans are used to winning and their team is 1-5 now. They're frustrated and want to do something to help. Putting some pressure on the coaches is common practice in this situation. It comes with the job.

BrahmaMom
10-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Bull's-eye is usually accurate in his assessment; Pud is right, we fans are frustrated. Not a coaching or player issue, we just don't like our record right now. Timing seems to be off for some reason. The Brahmas have this week to right the ship and I believe in them!

XMan
10-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Bellville's problems seem to be genetically induced at the present.

Bull's-eye
10-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ASURugger
Have no problem with the criticizing of the coaches but to post a picture of a book that says Coaching for Dummies. Come on now. I agree football is for the fans as well as the players and coaches. It is frustrating to see when a team is playing poorly though the coaches are the problem. Don't you think the coaches - coach the same way on a poor team as if they were coaching a great team. Bellville is going through some problems right now but I don't think it all falls on the shoulders of the coaches.

I admit that the book might of went too far, but I do believe a coach should be held accountable for his performance. I'm aware that this isn't a great team, but we can't always blame that on the players, those coaching decisions play an important part of the game. Coaching and getting a team prepared for their opponents has a lot to do with the success of a football program. I've been on this site for a long time, and if you look back, you will see that I shoot straight from the hip. I have given out praise in good times or bad, and will tell it like it is when I don't agree. This is a forum for fans, they can express their views. A coach doesn't have to read this or be accountable to me, but he will have to answer to his own team & school. Win a lot of games and doors will open for a brighter future, lose a lot and see those offers disappear.

rancher
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Bull's eye, I thought the book was great, I wish I would have thought of it. This coaching staff needs to stand up and take responsibility. I hear excuse after excuse, but they are still doing the same insane things that go no where. This present bunch of seniors were the same one's that I saw from the 7th, 8th and 9th grades being undefeated. What happened?? The classes below them were also undefeated, again what has happened?? I still have not heard a good excuse for last year when a lot of talent came back from a team that went deep into the playoffs. There is only one common denomantor and you can figure that out. I can say first hand some of those who will be making decisions for this district have taken noticed also and are asking the same questions.

BrahmaMom
10-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Last year there was no chemistry, despite a ton of talent. This year we have chemistry on the team and on the coaching staff. As a parent, I think we (parents) have not toughened our children up as much as past teams and the coaches have to walk on eggshells at times. Grit, heart, passion...I am not seeing as much out there as it takes to win games. You guys have covered the technical details, but the intangibles are vital. Last week's emotion was a big step forward. GO BULLS!