PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Win

THEWIMBOTEXAN75
09-24-2010, 11:14 PM
DUDE that was a great game!!!! if you missed it, you really shouldn't have!!!! I think we clearly see who the better team was in this one. an obviously who the better coach is...

Pudlugger
09-24-2010, 11:40 PM
I was not at the qame so I can't comment on which was the better team. However, winning by 1 point on a questionable call by the ref on the final play of the game hardly establishes which team is the better team. As for the coach's behavior, well it does sound like he pretty much lost his cool. Not a good example for the players and fans. He should have held his fire, reviewed the films and take it up with the UIL.

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 11:45 PM
What happened?

lbjacj
09-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I was not at the qame so I can't comment on which was the better team. However, winning by 1 point on a questionable call by the ref on the final play of the game hardly establishes which team is the better team. As for the coach's behavior, well it does sound like he pretty much lost his cool. Not a good example for the players and fans. He should have held his fire, reviewed the films and take it up with the UIL.

Wimberley dominated the entire game and should have been up 38-17 if not for that holding and there were many other questionable calls against us but they were not getting called for holding us.:confused:

TexanAlum_06
09-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by THEWIMBOTEXAN75
DUDE that was a great game!!!! if you missed it, you really shouldn't have!!!! I think we clearly see who the better team was in this one. an obviously who the better coach is...

Come on, win with class.... There is no need to throw stones.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Exactly TexanAlum...we won this game...true. We dominated the vast majority of this game...true. We pounded them hard and often....true. But yet, this team, this SEALY team, with a long history of winning, came back late due to our stupid mistakes. But thats what great teams do...they wait for young, sometimes STUPID teams (like we were tonight) to make that ONE mistake. And sure as hell...we made it. And by the grace of God, we won this game.

Honestly? I wish we would have lost this game. These kids think its over in the 3rd quarter. WAKE UP. We got cocky and let up. We thought we had killed the Tiger...and we were wrong. It roared back and damned near snapped our head off. DID YOU LEARN ANYTHING, TEXANS???? Do NOT take your hand off the throat of your opponent when you are within 2 scores. DO NOT be stupid.

I love my Texans. But boys...you were stupid tonight...and you were lucky too. You beat up a great team all night, then you got REALLY stupid. Learn from this. Dont be stupid again.

Looking4number8
09-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Exactly TexanAlum...we won this game...true. We dominated the vast majority of this game...true. We pounded them hard and often....true. But yet, this team, this SEALY team, with a long history of winning, came back late due to our stupid mistakes. But thats what great teams do...they wait for young, sometimes STUPID teams (like we were tonight) to make that ONE mistake. And sure as hell...we made it. And by the grace of God, we won this game.

Honestly? I wish we would have lost this game. These kids think its over in the 3rd quarter. WAKE UP. We got cocky and let up. We thought we had killed the Tiger...and we were wrong. It roared back and damned near snapped our head off. DID YOU LEARN ANYTHING, TEXANS???? Do NOT take your hand off the throat of your opponent when you are within 2 scores. DO NOT be stupid.

I love my Texans. But boys...you were stupid tonight...and you were lucky too. You beat up a great team all night, then you got REALLY stupid. Learn from this. Dont be stupid again.

You been drinking too???

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
Pudlugger...we dominated all night, for the most part. If this was a boxing match, we won this fight easily...but then got rocked late in the last round. Thats what great fighters do...they fight to the end. We havent learned that yet...we stop early. We cant do that and be a champion. But the fact remains...we mauled them all night, till the end.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
You been drinking too???

i dont drink before or during games...only afterwards!! LOL.