PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer 39 Daingerfield 18 FINAL

Buckeye1980
09-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Big win for the Buckeyes over #1 2A ranked Tigers

sinfan75
09-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Guess Daingerfield ain't bulletproof after all.

Caldwell_Raider
09-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Guess Daingerfield ain't bulletproof after all.

Not this game anyway!

Aesculus gilmus
09-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
Not this game anyway!

Gilmer has now beaten Daingerfield six times in a row, beginning with the bi-district game of 2005 and regular season games from 2006 to 2010.

This would have been unheard of in my youth. The Tigers still lead the overall series 30-26 and used to administer a beating nearly every year, much as Gladewater used to do. Speaking of which, the Bears are our first district opponent in two weeks back at Buckeye Stadium.

Tatum obviously should have been ranked No. 1 in Class 2A all year long. They beat Pittsburg tonight, 41-17.

Old Tiger
09-24-2010, 11:02 PM
How'd the linebacker from Daingerfield look?

SintonFan
09-24-2010, 11:03 PM
How did the receiver from Daingerfield look?

ccmom
09-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Conrgrats Buckeyes! :clap:

poisoned10
09-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
How'd the linebacker from Daingerfield look?

Eh. He got run over by our QB and he missed several tackles. But he did have a couple of nice hits.

I would say, overall, I was disappointed with what I saw from him.

poisoned10
09-24-2010, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
How did the receiver from Daingerfield look?

He had a couple of nice catches. One went for a TD on 4th and 22 and another for a TD with a defender in his face.

He is SKINNY! His weight probably doubles when he puts on his pads.

poisoned10
09-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Overall, Gilmer looked 1000 times better tonight than they have so far. I believe if they would have played like they did to ight against Tatum and Jacksonville, we would easily be 5-0.

Gilmer was able to jump out on them and got them frustrated. The QB was getting hit almost every play and was noticeably getting upset. It got to the point where he was yellng at our HC, Jeff Traylor while his coach was trying to signal in the play.

They scored on 3 passes to the D1 receiver who just went up and got it over our CB. One pass there wasn't a CB within 10 yards of him.

Luke looked really good tonight. No turnovers and was dead on with most of his passes.

Overall, this looked like a different Buckeye team than what I've seen all season. The team I saw tonight could run the table in district. The team I saw last week could fight for 2nd place and the team against Tatum would struggle to make the playoffs.

Hopefully they continue to improve and make a long playoff run.

Yoe_09
09-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Great Win for Gilmer...I knew this was going to happen.

buckeyebob
09-25-2010, 12:07 AM
I think conditioning played a part...Cats had cramps & were winded. Of course, a big number were having to go both ways. They had not played anyone that ran them to death.

Rocket
09-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Daingerfield=not really that good

buckeyebob
09-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Oh but they are that good...the Bucs are the onlyones who can put it on them...they will win the rest & and notch a 3rd Title in a row.

lulu
09-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Way to go Buckeyes. Congratz to my Buckeye friends....you know who you are. lulu

R3Editor
09-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
Oh but they are that good...the Bucs are the onlyones who can put it on them...they will win the rest & and notch a 3rd Title in a row.

Great win for Gilmer.

YTBulldogs
09-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Buckeyes have the Tigers number. DFLD will still be in state game.

Rocket
09-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob

In 2A? Sure...

Simple Man
09-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Daingerfield>Brownwood

ol country boy
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I would rather be at Daingerfield than at Brownwood.

Tin Cup
09-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Daingerfield>Brownwood

Lol clueless

bobcat4life
09-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by ol country boy
I would rather be at Daingerfield than at Brownwood. Daingerfield=relevant

BEAST
09-26-2010, 09:56 PM
Bobcat4life, being ranked #1 isn't relevant? Lol. Man you are a tool.

Simple Man, care to five some kind of facts to back up your statement? You've been to a Wood game?

BEAST

BEAST
09-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Bobcat4life, being ranked #1 isn't relevant? Lol. Man you are a tool.

Simple Man, care to five some kind of facts to back up your statement? You've been to a Wood game?

BEAST

Hmmm. No takers?

BEAST

bobcat4life
09-26-2010, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Hmmm. No takers?

BEAST I was talking about championships. I dont really care much about rankings at this point

Simple Man
09-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Tin Cup-Why dont you let Brownwood win something before you call me clueless. Brownwood doesnt want any part of East Texas. Simple as that.

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 08:18 AM
In all honesty I would normally agree with this statement. But this years Brownwood team is different than any I've ever seen at Brownwood. We know good football after playing the likes of Aledo, Waco high and Cove just to name a few. Until you have seen us play don't say any of your east Texas powers can beat us either. Just keep thinking east texas rules the world this year. We are the Brownwood Lions and we don't care where you live. We play to win and expect to win. Good luck to your team

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
In all honesty I would normally agree with this statement. But this years Brownwood team is different than any I've ever seen at Brownwood. We know good football after playing the likes of Aledo, Waco high and Cove just to name a few. Until you have seen us play don't say any of your east Texas powers can beat us either. Just keep thinking east texas rules the world this year. We are the Brownwood Lions and we don't care where you live. We play to win and expect to win. Good luck to your team When did any of these current B'wood players play Aledo, Cove, or Waco :confused: :thinking:

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
When did any of these current B'wood players play Aledo, Cove, or Waco :confused: :thinking:

Lol come on LEdad I meant I've seen good football and I know how good Brownwood is after seeing this good football over the years. Not that we beat them this year.

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Lol come on LEdad I meant I've seen good football and I know how good Brownwood is after seeing this good football over the years. Not that we beat them this year. Lol...just checking. :D

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Do we need to save you a seat at cowboy stadium Thursday LEdad?!?

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Do we need to save you a seat at cowboy stadium Thursday LEdad?!? There are still alot of Thursdays and Fridays left between now and then... Just gotta hope ya'lls team doesn't get Wimberlied again this year.:p :)

Tin Cup
09-27-2010, 08:55 AM
This Thursday!!! I'm not jumping the gun that fast geez

ccmom
09-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
There are still alot of Thursdays and Fridays left between now and then... Just gotta hope ya'lls team doesn't get Wimberlied again this year.:p :)

He's talking about their game this week, silly! ;)

hollywood
09-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
He's talking about their game this week, silly! ;)

Why don't you go post on your own thread.

:D

Kidding. You can post where ever you want ccmom. It's okay, we'll share.

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
He's talking about their game this week, silly! ;) Heck with these guys you never can tell.:doh: I hadn't even paid attention to them playing Thursday.:doh: :nerd:

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 09:14 AM
This Thursday!!! I'm not jumping the gun that fast geez If it was Friday I would be there, but with kids in school can't do it on a Thursday. :D

ccmom
09-27-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Why don't you go post on your own thread.

:D

Kidding. You can post where ever you want ccmom. It's okay, we'll share.

So glad I have your permission, sir!! :D

By the way....this is a Gilmer/Daingerfield thread....just saying...;)

LIONS
09-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Congrats to Gilmer. Traylor is a great coach and I knew he would right the ship. Those boys are familiar with winning and know what it takes. Daingerfield is still a great team, its just hard for a good 2a team to play with a good 3a team due to depth. Im sure daingerfield had alot of players playing both ways who simply got worn down. Not taking anything away from gilmer.

LionKing
09-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Tin Cup-Why dont you let Brownwood win something before you call me clueless. Brownwood doesnt want any part of East Texas. Simple as that. That's what Elysian Fields fans told Canadian fans before one of the 07 2A state title games, I sat on Elysian Fields side and heard all that east texas talk, after Canadian thrashed them 60-40, it got quite.

lostaussie
09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
That's what Elysian Fields fans told Canadian fans before one of the 07 2A state title games, I sat on Elysian Fields side and heard all that east texas talk, after Canadian thrashed them 60-40, it got quite. Well they thrashed them, but i don't think that was the score.

Lost to Canadian 40-25 (Class 2-A, Division II State Championship)

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2010, 01:01 PM
That's what Elysian Fields fans told Canadian fans before one of the 07 2A state title games, I sat on Elysian Fields side and heard all that east texas talk, after Canadian thrashed them 60-40, it got quite.

and? All regions talk that way

LionKing
09-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and? All regions talk that way Yea, but not to the extent of east Texas.
And overall, east Texas has more talent, that's why they talk that way.

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Yea, but not to the extent of east Texas.
And overall, east Texas has more talent, that's why they talk that way.

I disagree about to the extent..I have heard MANY times from West Texas how their team would dominate an East Texas team..that is what fans do.

LionKing
09-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I disagree about to the extent..I have heard MANY times from West Texas how their team would dominate an East Texas team..that is what fans do. Well, Permian and Midland Lee did dominate a few years ago, not so much now, got plenty of friends and family who are alumni of both schools and never heard a peep about how they would dominate east Texas, even when they were I didn't hear it.
Now my friends in Lufkin and Longview, it's a different story, according to them, no way they lose to anyone any where.

buckeyebob
09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Not going to speak for anyone other than 3A...after all, does any other matter? Take a look at past State Champs....East Texas and Cent. Texas dominate. Wyle had one in 2004. It's been a long time before that for a West Texas team. Based on that...:taunt:

fststwthmstst
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
DANGERFIELD went down ..

lostaussie
09-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by fststwthmstst
DANGERFIELD went down .. Like a 1 egg pudding:D

cowboyandchrist
09-29-2010, 02:16 PM
First time to post on the down low, been reading on here for about two years. I am an east Texan and love reading your comments back and fourth at each other. I do want to say that Gilmere is much better than the record shows. They will make a run in the playoffs. The comment made that no one in 2a will beat DF is far from the Truth, my Tatum Eagles are as good as the 2005 team. We rotate 11 linmen and four tailbacks. We are getting better every week. I believe we would be a threat in 3a this year. We may be the fastest team from 3a on down. Time will tell. Brownwood and Celina are going to be very hard to beat when the playoffs start. I would love for my Tatum Eagles to play both this year.

Txbroadcaster
09-29-2010, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LionKing
Well, Permian and Midland Lee did dominate a few years ago, not so much now, got plenty of friends and family who are alumni of both schools and never heard a peep about how they would dominate east Texas, even when they were I didn't hear it.
Now my friends in Lufkin and Longview, it's a different story, according to them, no way they lose to anyone any where. [/QUOTE

Well honestly one reason is when Lee and Permian were at the height of their dominace the internet was not widespread. I have thru my 7 years of broadcasting heard ALL regions talk crap to the other regions

buckeyebob
09-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
First time to post on the down low, been reading on here for about two years. I am an east Texan and love reading your comments back and fourth at each other. I do want to say that Gilmere is much better than the record shows. They will make a run in the playoffs. The comment made that no one in 2a will beat DF is far from the Truth, my Tatum Eagles are as good as the 2005 team. We rotate 11 linmen and four tailbacks. We are getting better every week. I believe we would be a threat in 3a this year. We may be the fastest team from 3a on down. Time will tell. Brownwood and Celina are going to be very hard to beat when the playoffs start. I would love for my Tatum Eagles to play both this year.

Good post for #1...we will give you a break until #5 then we can call you ugly names, question your lineage, mental capabilities, and sense of resoning. Just a suggestion...throw a punch @ Brownwood every chance you get and you will make friends.

Simple Man
09-30-2010, 07:56 AM
You are right cowboy, Tatum would contend for a state championship in 3a this year, along with Daingerfield. Besides that, they have both won multiple state championships since Brownwood won the last one.

Buckeye1980
09-30-2010, 12:58 PM
You are right cowboy, Tatum would contend for a state championship in 3a this year, along with Daingerfield. Besides that, they have both won multiple state championships since Brownwood won the last one.

:clap: :thumbsup: :clap:

cowboyandchrist
09-30-2010, 07:44 PM
If Brownwood makes it to the championship game and they play a team from the east, they will loose. Speed from the east will be to much for them. I believe Gilmer and Henderson have a good chance along with Chapel Hill to go very deep. I have no idea how Carthage will do, they have been up and down. We will find out a lot more in the coming weeks about east Texas 3a football

LE Dad
09-30-2010, 07:52 PM
If Brownwood makes it to the championship game and they play a team from the east, they will loose. Speed from the east will be to much for them. I believe Gilmer and Henderson have a good chance along with Chapel Hill to go very deep. I have no idea how Carthage will do, they have been up and down. We will find out a lot more in the coming weeks about east Texas 3a football Actually B'wood could go up against East Texas twice...everything north of Tyler is reg 2 and CHill, Center and a few others a reg 3. Anyways it should be an adventure the next few weeks.. Good to have another East Texan on here.:clap: :clap:

cowboyandchrist
09-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Thank you LE Dad and the Buckeye backers for the welcome. I have not missed but a hand full of Tatum football games in 25 years. When Tatum looses in the playoffs, I will go and watch (support) any 3a team from East Texas that are still in the running. I was there for both Carthage wins, 08,09, Gilmire 04, and Atlanta 03 wins. I knew Carthage would be down this year, but was hoping Gilmire or LE would do what they always do reload. Henderson is my dark horse from the east. Just don't know how they will do under the pressure of the playoffs.
I believe barring injuries, grades, and the unknown we should win the 2a title this year. We have not had size, speed, and depth all at the same time ever at Tatum. This is by far the fastest team we have put on the field. I think we are better or atleast as good as the 05 team, but you never know about 15,16, and 17 year old young men. If they believe what everybody says about them and don't play every game as if it were the state championship, they will get beat.

Aesculus gilmus
10-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Gilmere ... Gilmire ... Gilmer

So far you've spelled it three different ways, including the correct one.

What's amazing is that you missed out on what is by far the most common misspelling and mispronunciation — Gilmore.

waterboy
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

What's amazing is that you missed out on what is by far the most common misspelling and mispronunciation — Gilmore.
Yep. Happens all the time. You'd think as easy as it is to spell and pronounce that it would be uncommon. The media does it all the time around the state......"Gilmore"...... How difficult is it to actually CHECK a town's correct spelling and pronunciation?:doh:

By the way, I think cowboyandchrist was taking stabs at us. He knows how's it's spelled.....:thinking: After getting mauled a few years in a row by one town's team, you tend to remember those kind of things.:D They finally beat us for the first time in a looooong time, so they're feeling like the "cock of the walk" about now. They do have a very good team this year, though, and I'd be surprised if they didn't at least get to regionals, maybe even the finals, and/or a 2A D1 championship.

cowboyandchrist
10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Waterboy, you are correct I did spell it wrong on purpose, because of the very reason you stated, I have not forgotten the 72 to 28 donkey stomp we received in 07. This year was a big time victory for us mentally. No matter how the buckeyes do this year, we needed that win for us to go to the next level. Our coach said we can gauge where we are by how well or bad we play against the Buckeyes. That is a big time compliment coming form coach Evans. Everybody in the 3a world needs to remember that a first year QB needs four or five games to get his timing down. The boy can flat out play. When it is all said and done, the Buckeyes will play Henderson for the district title and go very deep in the playoffs.

buckeyebob
10-02-2010, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I much prefer Glimmer