PDA

View Full Version : Please Dont Post Bogus Scores

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2010, 08:27 PM
I know I and other media folks rely on 3DL for scores, please dont post bogus ones in fun it will ruin the rep of the site

95mustang
09-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I know I and other media folks rely on 3DL for scores, please dont post bogus ones in fun it will ruin the rep of the site :iagree: Not to mention it makes the one posting look like a fool.

Ranger Mom
09-25-2010, 01:02 AM
If someone is doing that...then shoot me a pm and that person will be banned from the score threads!!

GROW UP!!!:rolleyes:

bwdlionfan
09-25-2010, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If someone is doing that...then shoot me a pm and that person will be banned from the score threads!!

GROW UP!!!:rolleyes:

bp80884

bp80884
09-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Look guys, my intention was to annoy all of the Brownwood diehards whose football egos far surpass the point differentials that the Lions put up each week and from all of the " please tell us why we are going to beat you this week" questions that keep being repeated.

We all have to deal with it each week from the "Brownwoodies" and I was just having a little fun with there passion.

I am sorry if it upset you and I am very sorry the media outlets reported the information (again, not my intention).

However I am not sorry if you were just annoyed. You need to realize that this is a place to have fun and relax. This is entertainment.

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
However I am not sorry if you were just annoyed. You need to realize that this is a place to have fun and relax. This is entertainment.

Yes we have fun and goof off on board, but we also take the football part and especially scores very serious..not only do we have media like me getting scores from here, but we also have a vast network of folks on here that text scores to each..alot of those scores are gotten right here from 3DL.

1st and goal
09-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Look guys, my intention was to annoy all of the Brownwood diehards whose football egos far surpass the point differentials that the Lions put up each week and from all of the " please tell us why we are going to beat you this week" questions that keep being repeated.

We all have to deal with it each week from the "Brownwoodies" and I was just having a little fun with there passion.

I am sorry if it upset you and I am very sorry the media outlets reported the information (again, not my intention).

Understand your frustration with the posters from the team we shall not mention. You just happened to step over a line that doesn't get crossed here. I was frustrated because I was actually hoping CS would give them a game and your bogus scores had me excited only to be let down later. Can you understand my POV? I'd recommend that you should revise your apology in the last sentence if you understand the gravity of this or you'll get benched next time. I would guess that the others that were "annoyed" at your level of sportsmanship were also hoping CS would be in the game.

3afan
09-25-2010, 09:02 AM
live & learn ... now he knows

Old Tiger
09-25-2010, 09:50 AM
OT - 0
3ADL - 6

Rocket
09-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Understand your frustration with the posters from the team we shall not mention. You just happened to step over a line that doesn't get crossed here. I was frustrated because I was actually hoping CS would give them a game and your bogus scores had me excited only to be let down later. Can you understand my POV? I'd recommend that you should revise your apology in the last sentence if you understand the gravity of this or you'll get benched next time. I would guess that the others that were "annoyed" at your level of sportsmanship were also hoping CS would be in the game.

Please give me some reasons why you would even think CS could hang with The Wood?

LOL jk

LionKing
09-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Please give me some reasons why you would even think CS could hang with The Wood?

LOL jk But, But, Rocket, that 83' Daingerfield team could beat Brownwood 72-0, no reason as to why CS couldn't.

Rocket
09-25-2010, 10:57 AM
65-14 is a butt whoopin' supreme with olives, bell peppers, and 5 meats...

I mean CS was supposed to at least give us a game! Let me restate this very important rule.

If you are a run heavy offense, you have to score EVERY possession. EVERY POSSESSION, to have a chance to be in the game at halftime. That's just to be in the game. The 2nd half, you have no hope. It's just not fayer. LOL TO would cry hard for these teams that have to play Brownwood in 2010.

Necked
09-25-2010, 10:58 AM
Mods, I would like to see us use one dedicated thread devoted to the scores & limited to short descriptions of the game, looked like there was at least two separate score threads at the same time last night. Maybe open the post with a standard disclaimer so we can avoid these fake score situations in the future. And we can use a separate post for more detailed game & fan comments, that would keep the score thread cleaner for our media friends...and keep these snarky catfights, like the one above, at bay...

Trashman
09-25-2010, 11:12 AM

You are an Idiot.

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Necked
Mods, I would like to see us use one dedicated thread devoted to the scores & limited to short descriptions of the game, looked like there was at least two separate score threads at the same time last night. Maybe open the post with a standard disclaimer so we can avoid these fake score situations in the future. And we can use a separate post for more detailed game & fan comments, that would keep the score thread cleaner for our media friends...and keep these snarky catfights, like the one above, at bay...

Those were my threads..one was for during game scoring updates..one was for final scores

R1Editor
09-25-2010, 11:39 AM
I know I and other media folks rely on 3DL for scores, please dont post bogus ones in fun it will ruin the rep of the site

Do I count as media folk? :confused:

Looking4number8
09-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by R1Editor

You dont even count as folk:)

Necked
09-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Those were my threads..one was for during game scoring updates..one was for final scores

Ahhh...I see now what you were intending. Good deal. I would only add "In progess" or something like that to the title of the post to make it more clear. Us guys getting home from a game tend to jump to the end of long threads & fail to read the earlier posts...then you end up with final scores spread over two threads...

JJWalker
09-25-2010, 11:46 AM
There is no one here that wants someone to give Brownwood a game more than me.

But, the Brownwood team (and any team ...cough Celina, and all others too) ... and I guess its fans ... deserve to have their accomplishments on the field ... properly reported and portrayed.

Although I understand funny ... I even think those mis-reported scores ... crossed a boundry that should not be crossed.

So, I conclude with one simple question ...

What is a Leon?

Old Tiger
09-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Bwood - 14
Celina - 24

SintonFan_inAustin
09-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Those were my threads..one was for during game scoring updates..one was for final scores i like that method better, was easier to find final scores and the other thread i was able to see the progress of some games while i browsed

bp80884
09-25-2010, 11:51 AM

LOL jk

This might be the best res
Ason to sum it all up.

Look atnthat question above? With questions like this, what you you expect from anyone.

tex_male
09-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by R1Editor

If you use the scores to update the region 1 page with the score for each game that you started and have not completed. :D

Phantom Stang
09-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Ason to sum it all up.

Look atnthat question above? With questions like this, what you you expect from anyone.
We all read the same posts on here that you do. What you did was inexcusable.

Give it up.

SintonPirateFan
09-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
We all read the same posts on here that you do. What you did was inexcusable.

Give it up.

i agree. besides causing confusion on here, it disrespects both teams in that game. even after several people corrected your "funny scores", you kept going. one wrong score, to be funny, i can see people saying, "ok ha ha good one, now never do it again." but to keep the charade going hurt the credibility of the site, and those who rely on the site for updates.

to apologize to those who relayed your fabrication to their audience, only to NOT give an apology to "people who were annoyed by it" shows your immaturity and idiocy.

pirate4state
09-25-2010, 12:26 PM
I logged into the DL and saw all the confusion and went to twitter where I knew either CS or BW would have the correct score and they did.

When you are at a game and relying on this site or people texting it sucks to not know the REAL score, that's all.

trojan37
09-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Ason to sum it all up.

Look atnthat question above? With questions like this, what you you expect from anyone. I remember when you CS folk were flapping last year during the week leading up to our game. It was funny after West beat you! Seems like you don't like the shoe being on the other foot. I didn't look at the score thread last night but if I had there is no way I would believe CS was beating the wood.

BwdLions
09-25-2010, 12:53 PM

I'm usually not one for name calling, but for you I'll make an exception. You're just a jerk.

Rabid Cougar
09-25-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
I remember when you CS folk were flapping last year during the week leading up to our game. It was funny after West beat you! Seems like you don't like the shoe being on the other foot. I didn't look at the score thread last night but if I had there is no way I would believe CS was beating the wood.

No one "likes" to loose. Not sure what it has to do with this thread.

Sounds like your just a t-shirt fan/bandwagon jumper who just wants to take a jab when your team had nothing to do with the outcome of last night's game.

trojandad
09-25-2010, 01:17 PM
i've thought on this one for hours, and i have no axe to grind with either party, i've enjoyed all their posts in the past and probably will continue to.......but i think both parties are wrong......

i think intentionally posting bogus scores is a chuckle at best, but leaving it up is contrary to what the board is about...the apology wasn't one that showed he gets how remotely located (and technology challenged) some members of the board are, and this is a source of info for many friday night fans wanting to know other scores....

HOWEVER, while i highly respect txannouncer, even i know enough about broadcasting to know the old news axiom given by MANY an editor, "if you don't KNOW, it'll be on you".....if i were broadcasting over the air, i'd spend my week before the game checking with papers such as the chronicle as well as other outlets and find out how restrictive they are on informational input.....with the chronicle we would have to give them a code so they'd know who was reporting the score before they'd take the score and stats for us.....

i hold no angst against txbroadcaster, we all slip and he's a good guy.....but you couldn't have paid me enough money to report a score off 3adl if that's the only place i found it, or i would have reported the score as being off an online board that anyone has access to and i was continuing to verify the score......

its obvious that the bogus score poster has an attitude txbroadcaster doesn't and that obviously tips the scale against him, but i think there were enough "goof ups" to go around....

not intended as an inflammatory reply :doh:

LionKing
09-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i've thought on this one for hours, and i have no axe to grind with either party, i've enjoyed all their posts in the past and probably will continue to.......but i think both parties are wrong......

i think intentionally posting bogus scores is a chuckle at best, but leaving it up is contrary to what the board is about...the apology wasn't one that showed he gets how remotely located (and technology challenged) some members of the board are, and this is a source of info for many friday night fans wanting to know other scores....

HOWEVER, while i highly respect txannouncer, even i know enough about broadcasting to know the old news axiom given by MANY an editor, "if you don't KNOW, it'll be on you".....if i were broadcasting over the air, i'd spend my week before the game checking with papers such as the chronicle as well as other outlets and find out how restrictive they are on informational input.....with the chronicle we would have to give them a code so they'd know who was reporting the score before they'd take the score and stats for us.....

i hold no angst against txbroadcaster, we all slip and he's a good guy.....but you couldn't have paid me enough money to report a score off 3adl if that's the only place i found it, or i would have reported the score as being off an online board that anyone has access to and i was continuing to verify the score......

its obvious that the bogus score poster has an attitude txbroadcaster doesn't and that obviously tips the scale against him, but i think there were enough "goof ups" to go around....

not intended as an inflammatory reply :doh: The only ''goof up'' was the idiot reporting false scores, this thread wouldn't even be here if not, if he wants to be a comedian, go to comedy central tryouts.

Old Tiger
09-25-2010, 01:29 PM
why would you think about this subject for hours is the better question.

SintonFan
09-25-2010, 01:36 PM
I would hope that anyone who posts wrong scores intentionally should be banned. It does hurt the board.:nerd:

trojandad
09-25-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
The only ''goof up'' was the idiot reporting false scores, this thread wouldn't even be here if not, if he wants to be a comedian, go to comedy central tryouts.

i agree his was the biggest wrong.....we're just gonna disagree on whether its the only wrong.....

and i thought on it for a while to not just react, because my first response was to belly laugh that someone would report a score off an unprotected source, and that initial response was not a good one from me.....

btw, oldcoach.com haas us losing to tarkington 54 - 0......

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2010, 01:40 PM

i hold no angst against txbroadcaster, we all slip and he's a good guy.....but you couldn't have paid me enough money to report a score off 3adl if that's the only place i found it, or i would have reported the score as being off an online board that anyone has access to and i was continuing to verify the score

Since I have been on this board(2002)I can count the wrong scores posted on here that Ihave used on about 3 fingers with this being one

when I give scores during a game I state where I am getting them and disclaim it by saying that is the report we are getting.

I am not sure why you would think this site or any site that is a message board or a site covering Texas HS sports would not be a good place for scores..that is what they are supposed to be about

Speaking of the "professional" sites...LAst night Dallas Morning News for about 2 hours on their score page had all the scores flipped by mistake...so even the "real" sites get em wrong.

I will trust message board with fans AT THE GAME just as much as a newspaper site that alot of their scores are being called, texted in.

LionKing
09-25-2010, 01:49 PM
i agree his was the biggest wrong.....we're just gonna disagree on whether its the only wrong.....

and i thought on it for a while to not just react, because my first response was to belly laugh that someone would report a score off an unprotected source, and that initial response was not a good one from me.....

btw, oldcoach.com haas us losing to tarkington 54 - 0...... Please explain what the ''other wrong'' is besides the one who reported the bogus scores, I think everyone would like to know...???

trojandad
09-25-2010, 01:55 PM
ok, i'm doing this once more and then i' walking from it......

with all due respect, you are misquoting me.....

i only said it's not a protected score source, i didn't say you ate small children for using it, i didn't put down this board in the least....

i said i wouldn't have broadcasted using this as a source without either verifying or announcing that it was not yet verified...(as far as i know, you DID announce it over the air as being from an unprotected source).....i was just mentioning that it what i would have done......

i have zero experience broadcasting over the air, i did have a family outdoor show in the dallas and la markets for 4 years and all i know is if i had put anything on my show from 3adl, as much as i appreciate this board, and it turned out to be untrue, i'd be kicking myself more than the bozo that put the bogus info up there.....

you obviously don't share that thought, it's cool......moving on....

trojandad
09-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
Please explain what the ''other wrong'' is besides the one who reported the bogus scores, I think everyone would like to know...???

i've explained it twice lionking....don't know how to explain it more simply....some on here have gotten it according to phone calls i've received.....if you don't agree, that's cool, doesn't mean the world sides with me OR with you.......

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2010, 01:59 PM
ok, i'm doing this once more and then i' walking from it......

with all due respect, you are misquoting me.....

i only said it's not a protected score source, i didn't say you ate small children for using it, i didn't put down this board in the least....

i said i wouldn't have broadcasted using this as a source without either verifying or announcing that it was not yet verified...(as far as i know, you DID announce it over the air as being from an unprotected source).....i was just mentioning that it what i would have done......

i have zero experience broadcasting over the air, i did have a family outdoor show in the dallas and la markets for 4 years and all i know is if i had put anything on my show from 3adl, as much as i appreciate this board, and it turned out to be untrue, i'd be kicking myself more than the bozo that put the bogus info up there.....

you obviously don't share that thought, it's cool......moving on....

Honestly there is no "protected score source". I have called press boxes to get a score and they have given it wrong lol.

All scores I report are given a disclaimer( just like any news whether it be scores, a player being out a coach being fired so on and so on)

Not sure why your getting testy I was just saying in the years I have used and been on 3DL it has been one of the most trusted sources for HS scores in the state and that is why I posted this thread because I would like it to stay that way. I know Newspapers and broadcasts that come to this site for 3A scores because of how trusted it is

trojandad
09-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Honestly there is no "protected score source".

i explained how the chronicle, as one of many, IS a protected source, so to say it isn't protected is incorrect...and i dont feel i'm anymore "testy" than you appear....and if the dallas paper gets it wrong, or the chronicle, they just do, and the wrong poster will be an idiot just like this guy is.......

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2010, 02:05 PM
i explained how the chronicle, as one of many, IS a protected source, so to say it isn't protected is incorrect...and i dont feel i'm anymore "testy" than you appear....and if the dallas paper gets it wrong, or the chronicle, they just do, and the wrong poster will be an idiot just like this guy is.......

No I meant in that those sources get it wrong on a weekly basis just as much as message boards.

Also in this day and age it is easier to find a message board website that is trusted over trying to make calls at half of a broadcast to get scores...Also with reliable sites scores can be posted up to the minute which IMO helps make the broadcast more informational

and I am not testy..I asked bogus scores not be posted on purpose....you explained your thoughts, I gave mine back not once did I say anything other than this is how and why I do it.

big daddy russ
09-25-2010, 02:12 PM
I can't let trojandad take all the heat by himself. From the outside looking in, I agree with him wholeheartedly.

bp made a mistake. After all this, I think he understands that fact. I understand being defensive after being talked mess to and then that team backs it up. I've been there. We all have.

After half the board came out to flame him, it's understandable that he only got more defensive.

Keith7
09-25-2010, 02:36 PM
this is the funniest thread I've ever read on this site

Keith7
09-25-2010, 02:38 PM

There is nothing protected to this site.. The mods promote posters to copy and paste copyrighted articles all the time..

bp80884
09-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Here is the reaity, I had some fun, I did not break any rule and I upset a few diehards.

I don't regret doing it. My intenetions were to riles up the Brownwood fans and followers. For 2 quarters I was very successful. As a metter of fact those Brownwood fans have stopped patting themselves on the back and now they are focused on this.

At the half all was restored and the scores were on target.

I have reached out to a few people on this board who had a legit complaint and talked to them.

I really don't care about the belly achers and whiners who are in an up roar just to be in an up roar. I had to listen to all of the talk last week and believe me you annoyed me as much as I have annoyed you.

Deal with it and move.

Ranger Mom
09-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
There is nothing protected to this site.. The mods promote posters to copy and paste copyrighted articles all the time..

I don't think I have EVER promoted another poster to "copy and paste" copyrighted articles.

You better watch who all you blame in your accusations!!!

AS far as what this thread is about....the "offender" sent me a PM and apologized. I don't think he will do it again.

1st and goal
09-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Here is the reaity, I had some fun, I did not break any rule and I upset a few diehards.

I don't regret doing it. My intenetions were to riles up the Brownwood fans and followers. For 2 quarters I was very successful. As a metter of fact those Brownwood fans have stopped patting themselves on the back and now they are focused on this.

At the half all was restored and the scores were on target.

I have reached out to a few people on this board who had a legit complaint and talked to them.

I really don't care about the belly achers and whiners who are in an up roar just to be in an up roar. I had to listen to all of the talk last week and believe me you annoyed me as much as I have annoyed you.

Deal with it and move.

I didn't post anything last week between Bwood and CS.

I will deal with it. press on profile of Bpwhatever, hit ignore. Done and moved on. Easier than D-Con or Raid on pests and less smelly.

BwdLion73
09-25-2010, 05:43 PM
I would say that while I have only been onboard for 3 years or so I think I know who I can trust and believe even if I don't agree with them or like their style.
I did not get involved in a spit fight last night because I was enjoying the game. I did report it and complain to the proper people as this site has a system set up for that.

I hope bp had his fun as he said because his team had no joy in Brownwood last night. :p

BullsFan
09-25-2010, 06:44 PM
As a metter of fact those Brownwood fans have stopped patting themselves on the back and now they are focused on this.

As far as I'm concerned, this is your biggest mistake. The Brownwood fans will NEVER stop patting themselves on the back. ;)

(I missed the big brouhaha last night, but it seems to me to be a mountain/molehill situation. After all this it clearly won't happen again.)

trojan37
09-25-2010, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
No one "likes" to loose. Not sure what it has to do with this thread.

Sounds like your just a t-shirt fan/bandwagon jumper who just wants to take a jab when your team had nothing to do with the outcome of last night's game. He put up false scores to get at the Brownwood posters. You act like CS doesn't annoy anybody- CS is the Brownwood of the Waco area, annoying as hell, and I support West win or lose( yes that is how you spell lose). I have the right to post on this thread like everyone else. As BP likes to say, "GET OVER IT."

Keith7
09-26-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't think I have EVER promoted another poster to "copy and paste" copyrighted articles.

You better watch who all you blame in your accusations!!!

AS far as what this thread is about....the "offender" sent me a PM and apologized. I don't think he will do it again.

Guess I shouldn't say all mods.. but the rules set up on this site promote copy and pasting copyrighted articles and stealing them from other websites.

It's really quite sad

Maroon87
09-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Guess I shouldn't say all mods.. but the rules set up on this site promote copy and pasting copyrighted articles and stealing them from other websites.

It's really quite sad

Then leave.

Rabid Cougar
09-26-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by trojan37
He put up false scores to get at the Brownwood posters. You act like CS doesn't annoy anybody- CS is the Brownwood of the Waco area, annoying as hell, and I support West win or lose( yes that is how you spell lose). I have the right to post on this thread like everyone else. As BP likes to say, "GET OVER IT."

Would you like the definition of "Thread Highjacking".

sinton66
09-26-2010, 09:09 AM
During the week before the games, there is no problem with the "talk" and joking around as long as it doesn't dissolve into name calling and such. BUT, come Friday night we would prefer all of you to be all business. The admins, mods, and members here have worked very hard over the last 11 years to build the reputation and credibility of 3ADL and we are very proud of the site. It shouldn't be too hard for newbies to realize how most of us will take it personally when someone posts bogus material especially bogus scores on Friday night on one of our ongoing game threads.

Suggesting the mods do something while it's happening is a fine idea, but please realize we are all fans also and quite often attend the games too. there will be times that none of us might be available to jump in on Friday nites. We'd prefer the updates be done in an honest and straightforward manner. We have always used the honor system on the game threads.

All that said, I have no problem constructing a new rule against posting bogus updates if the membership feels it is necessary.

bp80884
09-26-2010, 11:17 AM
The most ironic point about this is that there were a total of 3 posts of a bogus score, all within less than 30 minutes (1st one at 7:59pm and the last one at 8:22pm) that were each followed up within 6 minutes by members who were on top of the real score calling me crazy.

If you fell for the hoax AND/or you are still mad about it you have other more pressing issues you should deal with it.

Again, sorry to the media outlets (and I have reached out to the mods and a few of the specific media members personally), but OMG, most of the intended audience fell for it hook, line and sinker!

I can't believe there are some that are still thinking about it today.

trojandad
09-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
All that said, I have no problem constructing a new rule against posting bogus updates if the membership feels it is necessary. Besides new rules (which are probably going to be needed as it doesn't sound like bp bears any responsibility for wrong scores showing up in newspapers as well), the only other thing I know that could be done is to designate a trusted individual to each game from the board.

But LORD would that be a headache to keep up with for you guys....

it might be necessary, tho.....txbroadcaster was right about the dallas paper running with scores from this board, so maybe the time is now to accept that people are utilizing the board as a news source.....with that reputation comes increased responsibility, for sure.......a need to separate the fun banter back and forth from the news available through here, sometimes ONLY available through here......

oldcoach.com STILL has our score from fri night listed as tarkington beating us 54 - 0, even after a couple of contacts from me......even our reg 3 editor must have picked it up....i'm sure this one is an honest mistake, but maybe bp did us a favor (tongue in cheek) to help us see these growing pains....

i'd vote for a protected thread for trusted individuals (by the mods) to input scores.....let the rest of us continue to put scores in different threads as is happening now, but make sure anyone needing the most secure info 3adl has can clearly tell where that info is, that way they know to use the other at their own risk....

but, once again, that could end up being SO much work for a group of people doing us favors already as it is just supervising the board......good luck with your decision.....

DDBooger
09-26-2010, 11:19 AM
The most ironic point about this is that there were a total of 3 posts of a bogus score, all within less than 30 minutes (1st one at 7:59pm and the last one at 8:22pm) that were each followed up within 6 minutes by members who were on top of the real score calling me crazy.

If you fell for the hoax AND/or you are still mad about it you have other more pressing issues you should deal with it.

Again, sorry to the media outlets (and I have reached out to the mods and a few of the specific media members personally), but OMG, most of the intended audience fell for it hook, line and sinker!

I can't believe there are some that are still thinking about it today. LOL any other team, it wouldn't have mattered so much. I think people wanting Bwood to lose had a lot to do with it. I don't like people posting wrong scores, but it's not like you clubbed a baby seal! :D

Don't do it again! :mad:

bwdlionfan
09-26-2010, 11:24 AM

i'd vote for a protected thread for trusted individuals (by the mods) to input scores.....let the rest of us continue to put scores in different threads as is happening now, but make sure anyone needing the most secure info 3adl has can clearly tell where that info is, that way they know to use the other at their own risk....

I'd vote for this

trojandad
09-26-2010, 11:39 AM

i told txb where i felt he screwed up and just skimmed over your fault on this....

while nobody at a media outlet should have used the info, in doing so you probably cost somebody their job for doing so.....if nothing else, you helped drop somebody a few notches in their editors eyes....maybe they deserved some of it but you slide over your responsibility in it....

a couple of time you have said you apologize, then spell out how the laugh on brownwood excused it all....well do you apologize or not? if you do, its only a good apology if you shut your yap AFTER you apologize....if you keep telling everyone why what you did was ok AFTER you apologize, you aren't really being sincere, irregardless of what you might think......

you can't run over someone in your car, apologize, then tell the ones standing around why it was the victims fault.......geez

you don't sound like your sorry you did it, you sound like your sorry you got caught and busted.....i have a 9 yr old trying to figure out the difference between those two, also......

many out here think i've let you off the hook somehow, but my reason for directing my talk to txb instead of you is that your talk on here shows NO indication of a true understanding of what you did.....you still sound like the laugh was worth it, and you still don't get you are the oddball out here on that line of thought.......i believe the only good you have done in this entire situation is to show everyone in charge there is a segment of readers that won't ever be able to be taught how to properly use the "privilege" (not right) of being on such a website....

oh, and by the way, YOU are one of those, how did you say it, oh yea, "I can't believe there are some that are still thinking about it today"....very good example from your own mouth that you just aren't seeing the world as it is......

bp80884
09-26-2010, 12:07 PM
i told txb where i felt he screwed up and just skimmed over your fault on this....

while nobody at a media outlet should have used the info, in doing so you probably cost somebody their job for doing so.....if nothing else, you helped drop somebody a few notches in their editors eyes....maybe they deserved some of it but you slide over your responsibility in it....

a couple of time you have said you apologize, then spell out how the laugh on brownwood excused it all....well do you apologize or not? if you do, its only a good apology if you shut your yap AFTER you apologize....if you keep telling everyone why what you did was ok AFTER you apologize, you aren't really being sincere, irregardless of what you might think......

you can't run over someone in your car, apologize, then tell the ones standing around why it was the victims fault.......geez

you don't sound like your sorry you did it, you sound like your sorry you got caught and busted.....i have a 9 yr old trying to figure out the difference between those two, also......

many out here think i've let you off the hook somehow, but my reason for directing my talk to txb instead of you is that your talk on here shows NO indication of a true understanding of what you did.....you still sound like the laugh was worth it, and you still don't get you are the oddball out here on that line of thought.......i believe the only good you have done in this entire situation is to show everyone in charge there is a segment of readers that won't ever be able to be taught how to properly use the "privilege" (not right) of being on such a website....

oh, and by the way, YOU are one of those, how did you say it, oh yea, "I can't believe there are some that are still thinking about it today"....very good example from your own mouth that you just aren't seeing the world as it is......

Ok, TrojanDad, here it is spelled out as clear as it can be:

I am sorry to the people who used this as a media outlet. My intention was to have a little bit of fun at the expense of an entertainment only value. I was not purposefully trying to mislead the media. One thing that this has proven is that this board is relied on much more than just an entertainment website. We have people on this board that use this for much more than entertainment and that is great. It shows a level of credibility that I am sure you and others on this board are proud of (including me).

I am not sorry for the people who it was intended for who fell for it. I feel like I am in an epsiode of Friday Night Lights with all of the diehards.

I did not get busted as you said, I did not think 3 posts with an incorrect score would dractically impact the world as you know it.

I am "one of those people" because it was my joke. The impact of a hoax is to see how far it goes. Your reaction is entertaining. And for that reason I look at it on Sunday.

For the record, I would vote for that rule as well.

BTW, If you have a 9 year old you are teaching right and wrong by way of a high school football board (or even with the use of a football board), good luck with that.

BaseballUmp
09-26-2010, 12:16 PM
It's over dang, let it go. The guy doesn't care as I'm sure most people see. Everybody saying the same thing over and over won't change anything. No I dont think it was right what he did, but no one here can really stop him unless he is gone. I think it was something rather childish, but let him do as he wishes. It is a public forum and there are some people that won't understand how things work. Buuuuut can't change what happened so I think people just need to get over it already.

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm kind of laughing at this thread. I can certainly understand the concern over using bogus scores as factual. The only folks that hear them are the ones who are tuning in, though. I don't agree with the wrong scores being posted, but I see the intent and he reeled some folks in.

I've seen actual game update threads where accurate score updates were being reported, but for some reason there were posts of shock at the score(s). We may be one of the most trusted & up-to-date sites when it comes to 3A scores, but even accurate info at times isn't believed. And if the DMN or any other large media outlet is using us as their source, maybe their reporters should donate some of their income to the site. ;)

Daddy D 11
09-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Some people need to just get off their damn soap box, specially when it didn't even affect them.

BullsFan
09-26-2010, 01:26 PM
The DMN uses this site as a source? Really? That's funny and a little sad at the same time. :D

And I'm with LHPM--they should be paying for some upkeep. Or something. I highly HIGHLY doubt anybody lost their job over something like this, but if they did, then they had a responsibility to find a better source than an internet message board for their info. Anyone who's spent any amount of time on the internet ought to know better. And as for us having some sort of responsibility to post accurate scores for the sake of the greater good or mankind or whatever...well, again, mountain meet molehill. Posting inaccurate scores as a joke is NOT the same thing as running someone over in a car, and trying to draw a comparison there is just a little ludicrous.

Look, whether he's sorry or not, he isn't going to do it again. NO ONE will EVER do it again. Why is this still such an issue?

Daddy D 11
09-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan
The DMN uses this site as a source? Really? That's funny and a little sad at the same time. :D

And I'm with LHPM--they should be paying for some upkeep. Or something. I highly HIGHLY doubt anybody lost their job over something like this, but if they did, then they had a responsibility to find a better source than an internet message board for their info. Anyone who's spent any amount of time on the internet ought to know better. And as for us having some sort of responsibility to post accurate scores for the sake of the greater good or mankind or whatever...well, again, mountain meet molehill. Posting inaccurate scores as a joke is NOT the same thing as running someone over in a car, and trying to draw a comparison there is just a little ludicrous.

Look, whether he's sorry or not, he isn't going to do it again. NO ONE will EVER do it again. Why is this still such an issue?

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
09-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Maybe "OFFICIAL" scores should only be reported from texts and/or emails sent by known reliable sources to the media outlet. I also get most of my scores from this site, and find that most are very reliable. But then I'm not on the air broadcasting any of those scores across the state. If I were, I'm sure I'd want to know they are accurate.
Can a thread be set up for official scores that only certain designated posters can post on? Ones that are known to be credible?

Seems to me, this was a good learning experience by all concerned. Now is the time to put controls in place to insure this doesn’t happen again, and move on.

Rocket
09-26-2010, 03:04 PM

First of all, dude, shut up. I know I post shtick all the time and a lot of people hate me, but my gosh, you pulled something that was just idiotic. I will tell you why:

There is no way on earth that China Spring was going to be close to Brownwood in this game after the 1st Quarter. It was not a hoax, it was flat out disrespectful to Brownwood.

All the back patting Brownwood has done all season keeps getting backed up on the field x10. Haters can exit stage left...when you argue or try to make us look dumb, the players make us look good.

Shame on you people for believing this lie. That is like hearing that UCLA beat Texas...oh wait a minute...

Fans talk smack, players play.

Oh and one more thing...

Rule the air, rule the world...

Rocket
09-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm kind of laughing at this thread. I can certainly understand the concern over using bogus scores as factual. The only folks that hear them are the ones who are tuning in, though. I don't agree with the wrong scores being posted, but I see the intent and he reeled some folks in.

I've seen actual game update threads where accurate score updates were being reported, but for some reason there were posts of shock at the score(s). We may be one of the most trusted & up-to-date sites when it comes to 3A scores, but even accurate info at times isn't believed. And if the DMN or any other large media outlet is using us as their source, maybe their reporters should donate some of their income to the site. ;)

Whoever runs this site needs to make money on it. Get a businessman behind it or sell it to me and I will make some good money on it.

bp80884
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
First of all, dude, shut up. I know I post shtick all the time and a lot of people hate me, but my gosh, you pulled something that was just idiotic. I will tell you why:

There is no way on earth that China Spring was going to be close to Brownwood in this game after the 1st Quarter. It was not a hoax, it was flat out disrespectful to Brownwood.

All the back patting Brownwood has done all season keeps getting backed up on the field x10. Haters can exit stage left...when you argue or try to make us look dumb, the players make us look good.

Shame on you people for believing this lie. That is like hearing that UCLA beat Texas...oh wait a minute...

Fans talk smack, players play.

Oh and one more thing...

Rule the air, rule the world...

Wow, I am surprised that it has taken Rocket so long to chime in. Your dialup must have been down all weekend?

You telling people to "shut up" is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Txbroadcaster
09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
I guess I am partly to blame for getting media folks to check this site for so many years I have touted hey if you need a 3A score go to 3DL and they will have it

Rocket
09-26-2010, 03:15 PM
Wow, I am surprised that it has taken Rocket so long to chime in. Your dialup must have been down all weekend?

You telling people to "shut up" is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Zip it...

bp80884
09-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Come on all, THERE WERE 3 POSTS within a (23 minute period) that were all corrected within 6 minutes for each post!

This does not constitute the lack of credibility of a site.

Txbroadcaster
09-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Come on all, THERE WERE 3 POSTS within a (23 minute period) that were all corrected within 6 minutes for each post!

I have no beef with u..u apologized and I told you all good

BwdLion73
09-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Good Lord page 5. As I said I reported it to the proper people that are in place on this site at the time it occured. I did not want to see this site become a hoxe and spoof site.

bp ....many numbers has said he was sorry for anyone it might have harmed and that he would not do it again. the powers that be will decide what if anything needs to be done to the poster.

This is a great site with a lot of good people that love and back their teams. I'm sure we will all watch scores as they come in the future, but even I after 3 years know who I have talked too and will believe what they say.

Good luck and health to everyone next week, but I say leave bp many numbers alone. He deserves a chance to watch the Brownwood score each week! ;)

Old Tiger
09-26-2010, 06:16 PM
I heard China Spring is still beating Brownwood.

Rocket
09-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I heard China Spring is still beating Brownwood.

Brownwood just pulled ahead. 65-14 Brownwood. Final.

big daddy russ
09-26-2010, 06:44 PM

Actually, it does.

Matthew328
09-26-2010, 07:04 PM

If TOC has a score wrong please e-mail or PM me...

Matthew328
09-26-2010, 07:07 PM
One funny thing about doing statewide scores for all classes is realizing the AP wire can't be trusted...they constantly have scores backwards and wrong...

In reality there is no one accurate source for scores..

1st and goal
09-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Face it, the guy is not the apologetic type. He's still laughing at his hoax. I can live with that. What he doesn't seem to realize is, the people he was mad at and trying to hoax were all at the game...

This board has excellent credibility for scores on Friday nights. After all the smack talk is done, some of us who can't make it to games depend on websites for scores. Don't change anything except to let Ranger Mom "bench slap" wrongdoers. Don't let a 1 apple spoil the bunch.

sinton66
09-26-2010, 07:59 PM
The threads on this site are open to posts from any member. A member can be thread banned so they cannot post on a particular thread anymore, but only after the first post they make and then only by a mod or admin.

Having a dedicated scores thread posted by trusted individuals is a good idea, but it isn't really practical. What happens when no mod or admin is online? Answer, nothing. Those occasions are pretty rare, but it does happen once in a great while.

Rest assured, the admins here take this seriously.

BwdLion73
09-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Face it, the guy is not the apologetic type. He's still laughing at his hoax. I can live with that. What he doesn't seem to realize is, the people he was mad at and trying to hoax were all at the game...

This board has excellent credibility for scores on Friday nights. After all the smack talk is done, some of us who can't make it to games depend on websites for scores. Don't change anything except to let Ranger Mom "bench slap" wrongdoers. Don't let a 1 apple spoil the bunch.

:clap:

trojandad
09-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
If TOC has a score wrong please e-mail or PM me...

thanks 328....they must have gotten the word, they've changed it.........they had the coldspring - tarkington score backwards....all is well, but i'll remember your offer for the future......

ccmom
09-26-2010, 08:13 PM

This board has excellent credibility for scores on Friday nights. After all the smack talk is done, some of us who can't make it to games depend on websites for scores. Don't change anything except to let Ranger Mom "bench slap" wrongdoers. Don't let a 1 apple spoil the bunch. LOL @ "bench slap":D

Emerson1
09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
What score did this guy post?

j_dog
09-26-2010, 09:37 PM

Sorry. Giving outrageous predictions may be entertainment. Giving false scores is NOT entertainment. Period.

Eagle 1
09-26-2010, 09:42 PM
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/71f6ba40aa.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Good greif, the man apologized....get over it.

sinton66
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/71f6ba40aa.gif (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

Good greif, the man apologized....get over it.

Really?

Game threads are intended to be information sources, not entertainment. The statewide scores threads are intended to make it easy for anyone to get an update from most of the games.

j_dog
09-26-2010, 09:50 PM

I don't regret doing it. ......
You posted an incorrect score and think you "broke no rule". How about the "golden rule"?

And you don't even have regrets?

If anyone else does this deliberately, I suggest a total ban.

Eagle 1
09-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Really?

Game threads are intended to be information sources, not entertainment. The statewide scores threads are intended to make it easy for anyone to get an update from most of the games. [/B]

You forgot to add this part:

sinton66
09-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
You forgot to add this part:

Did you read the quote in the post above yours? We'll see what the DM's have to say about it.

trojandad
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
no matter whats right or wrong in this case, the most puzzling item to come of this is one sentence...

how can anyone be sorry for actions and yet not regret them?

thats the point that escapes me.....educate me, all ye philosophers.....:D :D :D

Eagle 1
09-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Ok, nail him to the cross.
I still think it was done in jest.