18. Sweeny
19. Carthage
20. Lucas Lovejoy
21. Abilene Wylie
22. Wimberley
23. Sanger
24. Mexia
25. Prosper

Haven't been paying too much attention the last few weeks... Is Monahans that good?

Eagle 1
09-23-2010, 08:56 PM
nm

westtxfballfan
09-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
Is Monahans that good?

Yet to be seen. I have been to all 4 games - for the first time in a while - and I catch about 4-5 of their games a year total most seasons. This bunch did not have many returning starters, and so they have been largely overlooked. Monahans' JV hasn't lost a game in several years, so they have a good crop that simply hadn't played much varsity ball. The coaches in Monahans get as much as anyone does out of their kids (and no, I'm not related to any of them), and this team has grown up and improved tremendously over 4 games. Snyder, Midland Christian, and Big Spring all looked faster and more talented at the skill positions, but Monahans pulled out a close one against Snyder in Game 1 that they had no business winning that early in the season with so many new players, and then spanked those other two teams rather easily. Their D is much improved from the D that petered out late against Snyder in game 1, and I think they will be good for about 3 rounds in the playoffs, at which point they would likely draw Brownwood. They do not have the numbers -and therefore not enough skilled DBs - to beat a great spread team such as Brownwood if they are "on." It's as simple as that. But I give them an underdog "puncher's chance" even against those few teams. They will definitely hit you, and try to shorten the game with long drives on offense with a good running game and a very good (coach's son) QB who can pass.

They have to stay healthy as well, as there is little depth. They have 3 hosses at the skill positions: the QB/Safety/punter/punt returner, the linebacker/tight end, and a running back who's been out since getting hurt in the 1st (Snyder) game. He's due back soon. If any of them are out for the playoffs, they will be done quickly.

This has been an overachieving team already, so it will be interesting to see where they end up.

M-town lobo fan
09-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Is Monahans that good? [/B][/QUOTE]

Like I said before this is the same group of young kids that stepped in last year in round 2 of the playoffs when Monahans suffered injuries vs Graham.They scored 28 on Graham.Most by any team in the Playoffs and held their on for 3 qtrs.Think about it Graham blew out Wimberly in round 3 and they ranked Wimberly way ahead of Monahans when Monahans gave Graham a better game.

WOS87
09-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Good luck...

Monahans The Lobo... you're our only hope!

(ok cheesy reference but still!!! The State Championship WILL be played at the Deathstar!)

:D

tex_male
09-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Who the hell is Massey... BWAHAHAHHAHA!!!

That is all I have to say about this.

M-town lobo fan
09-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Good luck...

Monahans The Lobo... you're our only hope!

(ok cheesy reference but still!!! The State Championship WILL be played at the Deathstar!)

LOL! Till when?? We play Brownwood...Only Brownwood can beat Brownwood didnt you know that? lol

Bull_Guy
09-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
Is Monahans that good?

Bridgeport hung 48 on them earlier in the year..

Bull_Guy
09-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Bridgeport hung 48 on them earlier in the year.. Sorry that meant to go with the post that monahans scored the most on graham with like 28 or something.

tex_male
09-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull_Guy
Sorry that meant to go with the post that monahans scored the most on graham with like 28 or something.

He said ".They scored 28 on Graham.Most by any team in the Playoffs"

Daddy D 11
09-23-2010, 11:18 PM
This thread has my two favorites:

-Bridgeport people stopping by, only to add absolutely nothing to the topic at hand while confusing people in the process--- then having to correct their errors (very typical).
-Monahans people beating their chest in yet another attempt to say "look at me! look at me! I swear we aren't overrated again this year and I swear we wont lose in the second or third round again!"

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 11:21 PM
I have respect for Massey ratings, but I also know how its calculated. Wimberley at #22 has more to do with the opponents we played and the points we gave up in the Cuero opening than it does our real potential to win this game. But...with that said...Sealy is ranked 8th. We should take note of that and be wary.

WOS87
09-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
I have respect for Massey ratings, but I also know how its calculated. Wimberley at #22 has more to do with the opponents we played and the points we gave up in the Cuero opening than it does our real potential to win this game. But...with that said...Sealy is ranked 8th. We should take note of that and be wary.

China Spring and Brookshire Royal are #26 and #27 respectively btw

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 11:36 PM
China Spring and Brookshire Royal are #26 and #27 respectively btw

expand on that for me. what are your thoughts?

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

-Bridgeport people stopping by, only to add absolutely nothing to the topic at hand while confusing people in the process--- then having to correct their errors (very typical).
-Monahans people beating their chest in yet another attempt to say "look at me! look at me! I swear we aren't overrated again this year and I swear we wont lose in the second or third round again!"

Why didnt they rank Liberty Hill in top 25???

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Why didnt they rank Liberty Hill in top 25???

I guess in their OPINION, they didn't think LH was worthy?

Too bad LH would crush Monahans. LH actually plays decent competition in pre-district, so we might have some losses and might look a little worse than we are... but it's better than yet another 10 game season of cupcakes only to make an early exit in the playoffs again due to the fact that we're notoriously overrated.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2010, 08:34 AM
I guess in their OPINION, they didn't think LH was worthy?

Too bad LH would crush Monahans. LH actually plays decent competition in pre-district, so we might have some losses and might look a little worse than we are... but it's better than yet another 10 game season of cupcakes only to make an early exit in the playoffs again due to the fact that we're notoriously overrated.

Massey ratings doesnt go on opinion...only stats. I suggest you check out their site and read on HOW they do it...thats why I like them the most...but its still just another poll.

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
[B]I guess in their OPINION, they didn't think LH was worthy?

Too bad LH would crush Monahans.
LOL! Now thats an opinion

BullsFan
09-24-2010, 09:53 AM

Not Bridgeport people. One Bridgeport person, who made an honest mistake. Just sayin'...

And as for Monohans, as long as it's not wtfootball going on and on about that Bridgeport/Monohans game, it's all good. ;)

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Monahans knows Bridgeport and Bridgeport knows Monahans 1-1 Head to Head in Playoffs.Two of the best games I ever witness..We know we can play..Wouldnt mind seeing a tie breaker this year.Would be very exciting ball game again.

BullsFan
09-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Monahans knows Bridgeport and Bridgeport knows Monahans 1-1 Head to Head in Playoffs.Two of the best games I ever witness..We know we can play..Wouldnt mind seeing a tie breaker this year.Would be very exciting ball game again.

It would be an AWESOME game!

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Massey ratings doesnt go on opinion...only stats. I suggest you check out their site and read on HOW they do it...thats why I like them the most...but its still just another poll.

It's still an opinion on what they choose to consider:D

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 11:10 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daddy D 11
[B]I guess in their OPINION, they didn't think LH was worthy?

Too bad LH would crush Monahans.
LOL! Now thats an opinion

Last year my OPINION that Monahans was vastly overrated and would get killed by Graham turned into REALITY.

slpybear the bullfan
09-24-2010, 11:18 AM

3.) Daddy D11 doing... umm... well...

BILLYFRED0000
09-24-2010, 11:21 AM

Yes that is a nice algorithm he has for putting it all together. And the farther along in the season you go the better the information is. It misses some that are close from time to time but if there is some seperation in his stats he is almost always right.

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
3.) Daddy D11 doing... umm... well...

:stirpot:

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Last year my OPINION that Monahans was vastly overrated and would get killed by Graham turned into REALITY. yeah we got killed 42-28 without our starting qb,tb,fb,rec..I give props to Graham but not you on your prediction.It didnt take a rocket scientist to figure who would win that game with monahans having all those injuries..but that was last year so dont give yourself a pat on the back.oh yeah and where were you and Liberty Hill at when that game took place

lostaussie
09-24-2010, 01:11 PM
yeah we got killed 42-28 without our starting qb,tb,fb,rec..I give props to Graham but not you on your prediction.It didnt take a rocket scientist to figure who would win that game with monahans having all those injuries..but that was last year so dont give yourself a pat on the back.oh yeah and where were you and Liberty Hill at when that game took place Did someone mention Rocket:D

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 02:34 PM
yeah we got killed 42-28 without our starting qb,tb,fb,rec..I give props to Graham but not you on your prediction.It didnt take a rocket scientist to figure who would win that game with monahans having all those injuries..but that was last year so dont give yourself a pat on the back.oh yeah and where were you and Liberty Hill at when that game took place

I was probably hunting. Getting score updates in the blind and laughing at you. By the way, I predicted that for about 5 weeks. Long before all your supermen got hurt.

And if it didn't take a rocket-scientist to figure it out.. how come you continuously proclaimed that Monahans was going to win?? Wouldn't that make you incredibly dense and moronic?

Also, don't shoot my comment down by saying it was last year, only to then bring up last season immediately afterwards. Makes you come off very stupid.

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 03:22 PM
I was probably hunting. Getting score updates.
And thats where your gonna be again this year lol so make your reservation While we play December Football...

garciap77
09-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Did someone mention Rocket:D

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Does Rocket Scientist count lol! My Bad

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 03:29 PM
And thats where your gonna be again this year lol so make your reservation While we play December Football...

When did Monahans last play December football??? LOL 2006?? That's laughable.

Do you always choose to just ignore the other 90% of my post that completely puts you in your place? Or just lately?

Don't need to make reservations, own the land.

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 03:43 PM
When did Monahans last play December football??? LOL 2006?? That's laughable.

Do you always choose to just ignore the other 90% of my post that completely puts you in your place? Or just lately?

Don't need to make reservations, own the land.
Wow for a Person that puts Monahans down and calls us overrated every year you sure do know alot about us...lol..
Now let me tell you something I know bout Liberty The Hills lol
You had 2 great seasons and winning 2 state titles.I giv you props and the kids deserve it But jut bc you had 2 Great seasons in your 80 years of Fotball doesnt give you the right to Trash other teams when your team is Down..That makes you look stupid! Especially talking crap from a deer blind when your team is at home out the playoffs..

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Wow for a Person that puts Monahans down and calls us overrated every year you sure do know alot about us...lol..
Now let me tell you something I know bout Liberty The Hills lol
You had 2 great seasons and winning 2 state titles.I giv you props and the kids deserve it But jut bc you had 2 Great seasons in your 80 years of Fotball doesnt give you the right to Trash other teams when your team is Down..That makes you look stupid! Especially talking crap from a deer blind when your team is at home out the playoffs..

It was a lucky guess.

So me beating my chest after actually accomplishing something is stupid? But you never accomplishing anything is something to be proud of? And not stupid?

Also, a little history lesson for you:

LH had a string of 5 great seasons (04-08) that all accomplished more than Monohans ever has.

Another funny fact, LH didn't even make the playoffs last year and we still have the same number of playoff games in the past 2 years.

Ragin Red
09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
It was a lucky guess.

So me beating my chest after actually accomplishing something is stupid? But you never accomplishing anything is something to be proud of? And not stupid?

LH had a string of 5 great seasons (04-08) that all accomplished more than Monohans ever has.

Another funny fact, LH didn't even make the playoffs last year and we still have the same number of playoff games in the past 2 years.

Hey DD11 are we stirring the pot again.....Are we through with studying..
:D :D

wimbo_pro
09-24-2010, 04:40 PM
It's still an opinion on what they choose to consider:D

Very true Daddy D...howmuch you weigh each stat is up to the designer of the program. For instance, shouls "strength of schedule" have as much weight as "points scored"? Thats the difference. But it does not take into account (until afterwards) the human element...lets say a QB gets hurt and is out for the upcoming game...that will not be reflected in their rankings or predictions.

Ragin Red
09-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Just to give yall some insight to DD11, he is pretty informed and does keep things interesting throughout the season. He likes to stirr the pot kind of like someone else we all know on here. He keeps it pretty clean unless someone starts the mud slinging first.
We had some good posts last year.

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 04:48 PM
It was a lucky guess.

And this year we are still in Preason and We have more wins than you did all last year and this year lol

wimbo_pro
09-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Ragin Red
Just to give yall some insight to DD11, he is pretty informed and does keep things interesting throughout the season. He likes to stirr the pot kind of like someone else we all know on here. He keeps it pretty clean unless someone starts the mud slinging first.
We had some good posts last year.

Raging Red & Daddy D11......

GET A ROOM!!!!

Tres Lobos
09-24-2010, 04:54 PM
lol DD11 I enjoy reading your posts. I can picture you just laughing at everyones reactions to some of your comments haha, but back to the point the Monahans team last year had injuries but lost to a very good graham team, would it have been a closer game with out the injuries? nobody knows. Back to this season the loboes have won some good ball games so far. This years team isn't as big or fast as past year Monahans teams but they play with the same hardnosed style of play monahans is known for. We'll just wait and see how this team turns out in the playoffs. Hopefully some december football is in the future!

M-town lobo fan
09-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Raging Red & Daddy D11......

GET A ROOM!!!!
LOL!

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
lol DD11 I enjoy reading your posts. I can picture you just laughing at everyones reactions to some of your comments haha, but back to the point the Monahans team last year had injuries but lost to a very good graham team, would it have been a closer game with out the injuries? nobody knows. Back to this season the loboes have won some good ball games so far. This years team isn't as big or fast as past year Monahans teams but they play with the same hardnosed style of play monahans is known for. We'll just wait and see how this team turns out in the playoffs. Hopefully some december football is in the future!

good post:clap:

finally someone with some sense!

Daddy D 11
09-24-2010, 05:10 PM
And this year we are still in Preason and We have more wins than you did all last year and this year lol

Now you're warming up lol

Gotta give it to you, very good comeback.

Ragin Red: Yes I am done studying lol atleast for two days. Had a test today, with two more next week. How you been?

go blue 64
09-25-2010, 08:22 PM

I can see you have not changed a bit since last year even after GrahamPa pitched a shout out against you.:)

Daddy D 11
09-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by go blue 64
I can see you have not changed a bit since last year even after GrahamPa pitched a shout out against you.:)

LOL all Gramps did was say just about the dumbest stuff possible

Gotta love him though