PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys should hope history repeats itself

TheDOCTORdre
09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
in 1993 the Cowboys started 0-2 with the first game being a loss to the Redskins, and went on to win the Super Bowl that season

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeh...but the Cowboys aint getting by the Texans this week. So, what the stats on starting 0-3?

sinfan75
09-23-2010, 05:24 PM
That was because Emmit held out because Jerry didn't pay him what he wanted. Those 2 losses forced Jerry's hand. Emmit got his money and the Cowboys won their Super Bowl. Not sayin it was because of Emmit alone but that offense was hard to stop when he was in the backfield. Don't think the Cowboys have an Emmit this year.

lostaussie
09-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Yeh...but the Cowboys aint getting by the Texans this week. So, what the stats on starting 0-3? best I remember...........0-3 = 1-15

BullBoy
09-24-2010, 07:35 AM
sure hope history DOES repeat itself, the last time the Cowgirls started 0-2 was in 2001 and they had a GREAT season!

Farmersfan
09-24-2010, 08:00 AM
I really can't say if history will repeat itself but there is one big difference in this team and the 2001 team! That difference is called TALENT!!!! And this years team has been beating their opponents in most all categories but just can't score points. This offense is ranked #4 in the NFL in total offense and has been averaging almost 400 yards per game! If they can just put it in the endzone they win these games easily! The running woes of the Cowboys could be the result of playing two top 5 defenses in stopping the run. (or these teams are top 5 because they played Dallas!). And it won't get any easier in Houston! The Texans are #2 in run defense. But I think that could be because they are the worst in the league at stopping the pass and have given up more than 800 yards in two games through the air. The Texans opponents have only rushed 27 times against them in two games which is half the rush amount of the #31 defense. I think Dallas gets their **it together on Sunday and pulls out a win. It might be the only time Dallas can throw the ball 60 times in a game and win. Or maybe not!!!!

DDBooger
09-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Texans D gives up pts and yards, wonder what the game plan is going to be.

BullBoy
09-24-2010, 08:40 AM
Sure Dallas puts up alot of yards offensively but how many points do they put on the score board along with those yards?? If the Bears and crappy Jay Cutler were able to come in to dallas and put up those massive numbers, just imagine what Houston is going to do to them!! Houston is a better team than Chicago, a Chicago team that was one bad call away from losing to the LIONS! Say what you want, the Cowboys look good on paper but the TEXANS look good where it matters most.

Houston wins this one, but look on the bright side, Dallas wont lose a game next week.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah Jerryboys... Anyone see how they got ANY better this season over last? (besides Bryant)

Farmersfan
09-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by BullBoy
Sure Dallas puts up alot of yards offensively but how many points do they put on the score board along with those yards?? If the Bears and crappy Jay Cutler were able to come in to dallas and put up those massive numbers, just imagine what Houston is going to do to them!! Houston is a better team than Chicago, a Chicago team that was one bad call away from losing to the LIONS! Say what you want, the Cowboys look good on paper but the TEXANS look good where it matters most.

Houston wins this one, but look on the bright side, Dallas wont lose a game next week.

Massive numbers?

Bears total yards vs Dallas: 308
Cutler passing yards vs Dallas: 270
Bears rushing yards vs Dallas: 38

And Cutler is the highest rated QB in the NFL right now!
The Bears put up 27 points on Dallas because of Dallas turnovers and a few special teams plunders.
The Redskins put up 27 on the Texans defense but only managed 13 on the Dallas defense! So the question is if the Dallas offense shows up! Dallas will have to score 24 points to win this game I'm thinking! Unless the offense gives up short field turnovers again I expect the defense to hold Houston to perhaps 14 or 21 points. Based on a lot of last season and the first two games of this season I don't hold my breath that the Cowboys can score 24 points. (Even against the Texans poor defense).