PDA

View Full Version : WOS at Kirbyville next week

Gsquared
09-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Anyone think this will be a good game or a blow out either way?

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2010, 08:38 AM
With everything that has happened I honestly dont think anyone can tell

Gsquared
09-23-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
With everything that has happened I honestly dont think anyone can tell
Yeah, true that.

OldBison75
09-23-2010, 08:45 AM
This game is always a battle and I expect no different this year.
I really expect the WOS team to respond to the tragedy that they have had to deal with and come out focused and fired up. Kirbyville has a good team that will give WOS all they want. As for the WOS QB situation now, I bet the coaching staff will plug in a player that will perform nicely and if I had to guess, he will be an athlete with a similar style and the offense may have to simplify a little for a few weeks, but will be very strong by years end.

If you want to see a slugfest, where the field is full of good athletes, you should see this game. Emotions will be high and that will make for some really good football.

Gsquared
09-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
This game is always a battle and I expect no different this year.
I really expect the WOS team to respond to the tragedy that they have had to deal with and come out focused and fired up. Kirbyville has a good team that will give WOS all they want. As for the WOS QB situation now, I bet the coaching staff will plug in a player that will perform nicely and if I had to guess, he will be an athlete with a similar style and the offense may have to simplify a little for a few weeks, but will be very strong by years end.

If you want to see a slugfest, where the field is full of good athletes, you should see this game. Emotions will be high and that will make for some really good football.
I plan on going to this one IF, I dont have to go to my niece's birthday party next Friday (how gay, plan a Bday party on Friday night) and if TXB doesnt need me for broadcasting gold hehehe

WOS87
09-23-2010, 10:28 PM
This game was ONLY a battle last year... (remember we lost to Jasper, Silsbee and Coldspring in '09 and have already redeemed ourselves against Jasper this year)

2006 WO-S 46, Kirbyville 16
2007 WO-S 31, Kirbyville 7
2008 Game cancelled due to Hurricane IKE
2009 WO-S 21, Kirbyville 20 (OT)

We have an extremely talented Sophomore QB stepping up to take Reggie's spot and our defense is still at 100% force. Given the emotions involved it's hard to predict but if (I'm sorry... when) we win this game the rest of 3A better watch out!

The last team with a smaller enrollment to beat us in the regular season was Jasper in 1986 and we got them back that year in the Quarterfinals.

:cool: :( :( :( :( :(