PDA

View Full Version : jobs that will be open soon

mustanglonghorn
09-23-2010, 08:26 AM
with it being just about the half-way point of the 2010 season rumors and/or truths have to be swirling in some district......post'em here............keep it clean though if you have an axe to grind don't do it here hiding behind a screen name

Ernest T Bass
09-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Brownwood

VWG
09-23-2010, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Brownwood

X2 on that one.
Lions will look for a new HC after this season.

Matthew328
09-23-2010, 08:45 AM
You guys think Shipley leaves Brownwood after this year?? Is it just because of Jaxon graduating?

I think he likes it there..its more his kinda town..he's not a big city kinda guy...Brownwood seems like the perfect spot for him...but what do I know...

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
You guys think Shipley leaves Brownwood after this year?? Is it just because of Jaxon graduating?

I think he likes it there..its more his kinda town..he's not a big city kinda guy...Brownwood seems like the perfect spot for him...but what do I know...

I agree but $ talks sometimes, not to say he wants money but it has a way of moving people. He has national recognition now.

Ernest T Bass
09-23-2010, 08:49 AM
After the pathetic season they've had, I think he gets run outta town. They've been scored on in EVERY game, and they haven't even come close to 100 points in a game yet.

LH_Tuff
09-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I agree but $ talks sometimes, not to say he wants money but it has a way of moving people. He has national recognition now.

I don't think money is his driving force. He has one bank...ehh Son in the NFL and another on his way.

tex_male
09-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Like the coach that shall not be named, said he wasn't going to leave Graham?

Matthew328
09-23-2010, 08:51 AM
I think Coach Shipley took the better financial deal with Coppell once and wasn't happy...dunno if he does it again...I am sure some programs will try and money whip him though

MUSTANG69
09-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Ingleside

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2010, 08:54 AM
Abilene Wylie - Rumors have it that if Sandifer doesn't go undefeated the rest of the
regular season; They're gonna run him out of town on a stick. :eek:

Ernest T Bass
09-23-2010, 08:56 AM
All kidding aside, Shipley may well retire from Brownwood. He went to Coppell for a number of reasons, some noble and some not. But, he hated every minute of it. He was STOKED to get the Brownwood job. Don't see him leaving anytime soon.

BwdLions
09-23-2010, 08:57 AM
After the pathetic season they've had, I think he gets run outta town. They've been scored on in EVERY game, and they haven't even come close to 100 points in a game yet.

You're the man Ernest T. :clap:

RoyceTTU
09-23-2010, 09:04 AM
All kidding aside, Shipley may well retire from Brownwood. He went to Coppell for a number of reasons, some noble and some not. But, he hated every minute of it. He was STOKED to get the Brownwood job. Don't see him leaving anytime soon.

Any time I've heard him speak, he seems passionate about the town of brownwood and the support we give him. Sounds like he truely wanted to put some roots in a town that would support him team day-in and day-out.

I would be shocked if he was putting on a face. He's way to passionate.

LE Dad
09-23-2010, 09:08 AM
If Shipley leaves, I don't think it will be for another HS job. I think possibly something that would give him more flexibility on the weekends to enjoy seeing his kids. With 1 in the NFL and 1 in college there could be some doors opened up that most coaches don't have....

Then there is always the Shipley to SLC rumor.:devil:

crzyjournalist03
09-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad

Then there is always the Shipley to SLC rumor.:devil:

Not if Todd Dodge ends up there first...

jason
09-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad

Then there is always the Shipley to SLC rumor.:devil: i actually thought of that about half way through reading the posts on this thread - if wasson doesn't get something going he could be run out of town....

shipley beat SLC when he was at coppell - that was no easy task, they (slc) were still pretty good.....

Matthew328
09-23-2010, 09:16 AM
I think Todd Dodge ends up back at SLC

jockcity33
09-23-2010, 09:27 AM
...and Shipley to UNT.

crzyjournalist03
09-23-2010, 09:29 AM
I think Todd Dodge ends up back at SLC

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be shocked if UNT went after Shipley, but I really hope that moving into a new stadium next year, they find a coach with some college head coaching experience. I'd love Mike Leach, but doubt he'd take the job.

Old Tiger
09-23-2010, 09:30 AM
All kidding aside, Shipley may well retire from Brownwood. He went to Coppell for a number of reasons, some noble and some not. But, he hated every minute of it. He was STOKED to get the Brownwood job. Don't see him leaving anytime soon. Maybe in 3-4 years he retires when Jordan is making better NFL money and Jaxon is doing the same.

T-Time
09-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Why do you say Ingleside?

Ernest T Bass
09-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Mine...

Matthew328
09-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be shocked if UNT went after Shipley, but I really hope that moving into a new stadium next year, they find a coach with some college head coaching experience. I'd love Mike Leach, but doubt he'd take the job.

What about Franchione to UNT

Emerson1
09-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Unfortunately, I wouldn't be shocked if UNT went after Shipley, but I really hope that moving into a new stadium next year, they find a coach with some college head coaching experience. I'd love Mike Leach, but doubt he'd take the job. That would be great from an entertainment standpoint and I could see him doing it and take a salary a lot less then what Tech was giving him. I think his second season there they would be conference champs again.

tog
09-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by T-Time

yes

why?

pm if need be

Ernest T Bass
09-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by tog
yes

why?

pm if need be

LOL! Dude, are you always on?

Old Tiger
09-23-2010, 09:56 AM
What about Franchione to UNT The former A&M coach or the Blinn one? :D

Ernest T Bass
09-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
The former A&M coach or the Blinn one? :D

Lil' Fran would be a big possibility. Kinda hard to believe no one has picked him up yet.

MUSTANG69
09-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by T-Time

This is Coach Hesseltine's 7th year as head coach. The first six years he has 3 District Championships and made the playoffs all six years. He has drawn attention to himself and it id no secret that he has expressed interest in Gregory-Portland. This info comes from one of Ingleside ISD's administrators. I think it is a matter of time before bigger money gets him.

FbCoachB40
09-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Lil' Fran would be a big possibility. Kinda hard to believe no one has picked him up yet.

Not suprissing if you know him, or have worked with him

Black_Magic
09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
SNYDER. HC takes Wade's job and goes to jerry's world.;)

tog
09-23-2010, 11:00 AM
LOL! Dude, are you always on?

bass

pm me

ccmom
09-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic

And Snyder will then be under "BM"....makes sense to me! :D

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
And Snyder will then be under "BM"....makes sense to me! :D

Bowel Movement?? JK

Blackie would do a wonderful job I'm sure, if his coaching abilities are anything like how he played in that Alumni game.

ccmom
09-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Bowel Movement?? JK

You said it....I didn't. :devil:

Black_Magic
09-23-2010, 11:14 AM
And Snyder will then be under "BM"....makes sense to me! :D No, Blackie would go on to star with Angelia in the next SALT movie as her Mentor..;) We Will call it SALT AND PEPPER..

tog
09-23-2010, 12:32 PM
the rumor mill is already going out there

Old Dog
09-23-2010, 01:49 PM
Shipley was gona stay in Burnet until Jaxon graduated
too ......... so much for that theory.

There is another member of the Shipley clan that has a big say in where they reside and I understand she's happy in B'wood.

Ernest T Bass
09-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog

There is another member of the Shipley clan that has a big say in where they reside and I understand she's happy in B'wood.
And she wasn't in Southlake East

Matthew328
09-23-2010, 02:03 PM

LOL

ccmom
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Abilene Wylie - Rumors have it that if Sandifer doesn't go undefeated the rest of the
regular season; They're gonna run him out of town on a stick. :eek:

Awwww. It's so sweet to hear that even pions have dreams! :D

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Awwww. It's so sweet to hear that even pions have dreams! :D

Okay, you got me. Remember when you were keeping me aprised
of the Royse City situation? Well, we were holding a vigil over
here praying he'd take himself and his entire staff with him. :D

ccmom
09-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Okay, you got me. Remember when you were keeping me aprised
of the Royse City situation? Well, we were holding a vigil over
here praying he'd take himself and his entire staff with him. :D

Royse City??? :confused: What the heck are you talking about?

:doh:

I guess it's five o'clock somewhere. :D

Sweetwater Red
09-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Royse City??? :confused: What the heck are you talking about?

:doh:

I guess it's five o'clock somewhere. :D

My second guess is Barber's Hill. :evillol: :D

nobogey72
09-23-2010, 03:03 PM
I just wish that G$$ was still posting. He could clear all this up for us. Other than Troybuilt, G$$ was the smartest person on earth. Rocket coming in a close 3rd.:D :D

Old Tiger
09-23-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I just wish that G$$ was still posting. He could clear all this up for us. Other than Troybuilt, G$$ was the smartest person on earth. Rocket coming in a close 3rd.:D :D And if you disagreed with g$$ he'd try to fight you about it at a M&G

Phil C
09-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Ingleside

:eek: :confused:

rancher
09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Sealy will be open, take it to the bank. Jimmie will leave for a bigger program and more cash, plus his son is a senior, no ties, he will get many offers.

Deuce
09-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by tex_male
Like the coach that shall not be named, said he wasn't going to leave Graham?

He hasn't left Graham. Saw him walking in my neighborhood just last week.

garciap77
09-23-2010, 06:13 PM
SNYDER. HC takes Wade's job and goes to jerry's world.;) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: