PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Needed in La Grange (Merged)

Pudlugger
09-22-2010, 06:25 PM
I know most folks have more urgent and important concerns right now, but tomorrow my beloved Chocolate Lab Shadow goes in for surgery. The vet thinks he has a hemangioma of the spleen which is operable. However, a small percent of them are malignant and inoperable. Shadow is my best friend and he is like a son to me. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you and God Bless.

SintonFan
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Sure thing Pud. The least I can do is say a quick prayer.

LE Dad
09-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Awwww.... best of luck to you and your pooch.

Prayers sent.

keep us posted.

Old Green
09-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Sure. Prayers sent. I know what it's like to have an ill pet and friend.

scrub c
09-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Im with you, best of luck with your dog.

Tiger Dad
09-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Good luck. I know how close you can get to a lab.

trojandad
09-22-2010, 07:25 PM
its no coincidence He's known as our Shepherd.....shepherds love animals to the point of self sacrifice.....i think you asked admirably, giving due to the lost human life lately while expressing a need for your loved "sheep".....shadow will be easy to remember on my knees, my chocolate lab growing up was named Black Gal and i miss her 40 years later......thanks, pud.....

zebrablue2
09-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
I know most folks have more urgent and important concerns right now, but tomorrow my beloved Chocolate Lab Shadow goes in for surgery. The vet thinks he has a hemangioma of the spleen which is operable. However, a small percent of them are malignant and inoperable. Shadow is my best friend and he is like a son to me. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you and God Bless.

prayers for shadow pud. know how close of friends they become!!

pirate4state
09-22-2010, 08:33 PM
prayers sent :)

44INAROW
09-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Pud, I will say extra prayers for Shadow.. (and you too) I know all to well the emotions you're feeling. Pls let us know how the surgery goes

YTBulldogs
09-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Milk bones your way from Yoakum.

Reds fan
09-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Done! Hope all goes well!

ss27
09-23-2010, 05:34 AM
You got it. There is a reason dogs are our best friend. They are always there for us. I ahope it all works out! Will say a prayer!

3asportsfan
09-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Prayers sent!

Tiger Turtle
09-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Wishing the best for you and Shadow, Pud. I lost an old girl that had been with me since puppyhood last year and it was harder on me than it was on her.

44INAROW
09-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Anyone heard from Pudlugger since last night? Sure hope everything went ok with Shadow... :confused:

trojandad
09-23-2010, 02:51 PM
haven't yet.......he has super hearing for anyone badmouthing lagrange tho......just a few off words about them and he'll show up, he's loyal that way.....:p

just playin with you, mr p, we're all faithin your puppy is pullin thru.......

Ranger Mom
09-23-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Anyone heard from Pudlugger since last night? Sure hope everything went ok with Shadow... :confused:

I am sure you feel an extra special connection to this, don't you???

44INAROW
09-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am sure you feel an extra special connection to this, don't you???
yes - yesterday was 3 months :(

Pudlugger
09-23-2010, 03:24 PM
I wish to thank all of you for your kind words and prayers. Sadly I must report that Shadow passed away this day at noon. His tumor was malignant and had spread to his kidney and vena cava and was inoperable. Rather than put him through the pain of surgical recovery with very little chance of surviving more than a few painful weeks we euthanized him on the OR table. My son and I buried him in one of his favorite spots under a pecan tree. He is in heaven now in some Elysian field chasing sticks thrown by some little child forever young and happy. That's where kind and gentle dogs go you know.

Pudlugger
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
It's been a rough day. We lost Shadow today. I am very grateful for all your support, prayers and kind words. 3a Downlow is a caring community. I left more details on the earlier thread. Thank you again.

44INAROW
09-23-2010, 03:34 PM
I am so sorry.. My condolences to your family :(
we lost Rio, our chocolate lab, June 22nd to a massive coronary. Still hard to talk about..:(

pirate4state
09-23-2010, 03:40 PM
:( I am very sorry to hear this Pudlugger.

BullsFan
09-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I am so so sorry to hear this. I had a furry child for almost 17 years before losing him in 2004. To this day it remains one of the most difficult times in my life. I will be praying for you.

Green Bling
09-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Those of us who love our special family members truly sympathize with you at this time. Just know we are thinking about you and your family.

CheerMom
09-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss...:(

Ranger Mom
09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I am sorry Pud......I too, know what you are going through. I lost one of my best furry friends on May 5th of this year!!!

zebrablue2
09-23-2010, 10:10 PM
so sorry to hear about this my friend pud!! i had to put down my gretta after 15 yrs last dec. 16th. dam hard thing to do!! thinking about you and the family..

ZB2

LE Dad
09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
:( :( sorry.

SintonFan
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
It is really hard to lose a dog like that. I am sorry for your loss.:(

WOS87
09-23-2010, 10:22 PM
:-( So sorry... My Siamese cat Miette is 14 years old and I know I will be devastated when she's gone....

:( :(

trojandad
09-24-2010, 08:44 AM
SO sorry, pud.....

your exactly right, that's where gentle puppies go.......

Pudlugger
09-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. My daughter sent me this poem and I thought I'd share it with you.

The Rainbow Bridge

inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.
For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.
The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

1st and goal
09-24-2010, 06:23 PM
So sad to hear your news of your Shadow pup. They are almost like kids in a family (only they mind better usually). Nothing but time and good memories will help get you feeling better. I lost my Golden Retriever almost 6 years ago and still have not replaced him. Many say that another dog is the best medicine but I think that is up to the individual. But the Lord has blessed me with 3 beautiful children to keep me up all night.

It is amazing how smart Labs and Goldens are. I think this is why they are so hard to get over when they pass.

Again, sorry and condolences from Giddings.

zebrablue2
09-25-2010, 12:00 AM
that was a beautiful poem PUD!!