PDA

View Full Version : Question for Anyone Who Wants to Answer!

Hornet Mom 2
09-22-2010, 04:54 PM
I know this is primarily used as a football site. But I am curious as to why alot of posters get ugly and post, what I consider, derrogatory and insulting remarks when another sport, especially baseball, is mentioned on here.

It is the "3aDownlow" not "3aFootballDownlow" right?

Not trying to start any arguements, just a sincere question!

wimbo_pro
09-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Hornet Mom 2
I know this is primarily used as a football site. But I am curious as to why alot of posters get ugly and post, what I consider, derrogatory and insulting remarks when another sport, especially baseball, is mentioned on here.

HORNET MOM IS A CHICK?????

Hornet Mom 2
09-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
HORNET MOM IS A CHICK?????

Haha, I guess the "Mom" part gave it away huh?

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Because those stand arounds aren't athletes.

BaseballUmp
09-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I think its just because certain posters say the same thing repeatedly about nothing we have any control over yet they still feel the need to post what should be going on...

Personally, Baseball is my favorite sport. Always has been and always will be, but I know where it fits in the Texas sports landscape

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
I can't wait for Panch to chime in on this one.

Bullaholic
09-22-2010, 05:04 PM

HornetMom, my answer would be that those posters do not confine their ugly and insulting remarks just to baseball---it's just baseball happens to be the current target of opportunity when presented. I hope such behavior will not keep you from enjoying the many other posts and posters who try to behave in a civil manner in the many, many other threads.

LE Dad
09-22-2010, 05:04 PM

Not trying to start any arguements, just a sincere question! If you are talking about an XMan thread you just need to look at some of his prior threads. He has an agenda that needs to be taken up at a local level and not on a message board... Now as for some other threads the posts are largely in jest....

except for Pancho.:D

I am not a huge baseball fan but I don't despise the sport either.

LE Dad
09-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
I think its just because certain posters say the same thing repeatedly about nothing we have any control over yet they still feel the need to post what should be going on...

Personally, Baseball is my favorite sport. Always has been and always will be, but I know where it fits in the Texas sports landscape ***cough*** xman ***cough

Hornet Mom 2
09-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

Thank you for at least proving my point, a derogatory and insulting answer. I'm sure the many 3a baseball players in the state would be happy to prove their athleticism to you if given the opportunity.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm confused. How many baseball threads ARE there on here this time of year? :confused:

TheDOCTORdre
09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Thank you for at least proving my point, a derogatory and insulting answer. .

or perhaps it could be a joke...i dunno though, unless humor was forbidden on the DL

LE Dad
09-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm confused. How many baseball threads ARE there on here this time of year? :confused: Just 1... the normal "why is there no baseball offseason?" thing:doh: :D

XMan
09-22-2010, 08:38 PM
Its ok Hornet mom, ill take the beat down for everyone. Most people on here, and in Texas in general believe that only 1 sport has any worth. If you dont play or bow down to football you are nothing. Football is great, its just a shame that the school systems in the smaller classifications dont do anything to help non football players. Everyone defends these lack of actions by saying that this is the way its always been. The fact that the athletic director is also the head football coach at 99 percent of these schools adds to the problem. They make sure to hire on the basis of football knowledge/worth and not care about helping out all the athletes.

bowleghorses
09-22-2010, 08:48 PM

TESTOSTERONE...YOOHOO...:D

SintonFan
09-22-2010, 09:20 PM
I think many of the baseball threads are just fine during baseball season.
But then again, this is football time.
Look at the participation on the 'Low during the seasons. Then look at it during the summer.
Small town USA... and what is prevalent.
:cool:

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Thank you for at least proving my point, a derogatory and insulting answer. I'm sure the many 3a baseball players in the state would be happy to prove their athleticism to you if given the opportunity.

It was a joke, I could care less if talk about baseball, it was for PanchoVilla who is a track coach and thinks baseball players are non athletes, long standing post on here about that.

PPHSfan
09-22-2010, 09:56 PM
You used to be able to talk about Boobs, and Underwater Basket Weaving on here.
But not anymore.
Now you can't even talk about Country Music, or Pickup Trucks.

zebrablue2
09-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
But not anymore.

or trains, or mama:D

BaseballUmp
09-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Well I was drunk, the day my mom, got out of prison. And I went, to pick her up, in the raiiiiiiin. But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck...she got rund over by a damned ole traiiiiiiiiiin

zebrablue2
09-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Well I was drunk, the day my mom, got out of prison. And I went, to pick her up, in the raiiiiiiin. But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck...she got rund over by a damned ole traiiiiiiiiiin

and i'll hang around as long as you will let me, and I never minded standing, in the rain!!! DAC is the man....:2thumbsup

Hornet Mom 2
09-22-2010, 10:25 PM
and i'll hang around as long as you will let me, and I never minded standing, in the rain!!! DAC is the man....:2thumbsup

I was actually singing this instead of reading it, thanks for making me laugh!

SintonFan
09-22-2010, 10:52 PM
But not anymore.

Have you seen some of the post the last couple of years?:eek:
Much more so...

Emerson1
09-22-2010, 11:03 PM
But not anymore.
You forgot that it's HIS site!

PPHSfan
09-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
You forgot that it's HIS site!

I may be old, but they had boobs and pickup trucks in HS even way back then.

bobcat4life
09-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I got in trouble for an underwater basket weaving thread in January :(

now as for boobs...

BaseballUmp
09-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I got in trouble for an underwater basket weaving thread in January :(

now as for boobs...
We got in trouble for a lot of things back in January lol

pirate4state
09-22-2010, 11:37 PM
X-man --

You would love Sinton. We thrive in both sports and even though more fans attend football games, baseball still gets PLENTY of love & attention. Come on down to Sinton and bask in the glory that is Pirate baseball. We have THE best 3A coach in the state!

Ragin Red
09-23-2010, 07:22 AM

I beg to differ from you on that statement. I have (3) boys in my house and they love to play baseball as well as football and basketball. All sports benefit from each other, for instance baseball helps promote hand eye coordination for receivers and foot quickness for running backs. Basketball benefits also from this as well, with the short burst of running done in all three sports. I heard a college FOOTBALL coach once say that he would rather have an athlete who played all sports than one who specialized in one because he said that an athlete who played all developed all different types of muscles.

Hornet mom, right now this is football season and that's why they bad mouth baseball, but when baseball is going on they do talk about baseball at that time....

Txbroadcaster
09-23-2010, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Ragin Red
I beg to differ from you on that statement. I have (3) boys in my house and they love to play baseball as well as football and basketball. All sports benefit from each other, for instance baseball helps promote hand eye coordination for receivers and foot quickness for running backs. Basketball benefits also from this as well, with the short burst of running done in all three sports. I heard a college FOOTBALL coach once say that he would rather have an athlete who played all sports than one who specialized in one because he said that an athlete who played all developed all different types of muscles.

Hornet mom, right now this is football season and that's why they bad mouth baseball, but when baseball is going on they do talk about baseball at that time....

Does anyone get that his comment was a JOKE!? He even states it was

Ragin Red
09-23-2010, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Does anyone get that his comment was a JOKE!? He even states it was

After further reading I did realize it.

RoyceTTU
09-23-2010, 08:35 AM

And Frisbee Studs are athletes are :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

RoyceTTU
09-23-2010, 08:38 AM

or getting drunk!

baseballcoach13
09-23-2010, 08:46 AM
It's pure jealousy. At most high schools there are at least 4 times more football coaches than baseball. Therefore it is harder to get a baseball job. So the ones that don't get to coach baseball, and have to coach track get mad and talk trash.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
And Frisbee Studs are athletes are :spitlol: :spitlol: :spitlol:

lol have you ever played ulitmate? you have to have incredible endurance, speed, and coordination. Maybe you should check it out sometime.

teetle
09-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Pancho, bes ones of thes bestes baseball coaches that their has every bin. He know what he doing.:D :eek: :eek: :D

jason
09-23-2010, 10:04 AM
this should be moved to the non-sports forum

RoyceTTU
09-23-2010, 10:06 AM
lol have you ever played ulitmate? you have to have incredible endurance, speed, and coordination. Maybe you should check it out sometime.

Actually I have, I'm in pretty decent shape and will honestly say I can't hang. It was more of a joke to those who don't know what it is.

My knee consistantly swells up after ever workout ever since my last Ultimate Frisbee game. This game is extremely intense. I wanted a break after 5 minutes of playing.

44INAROW
09-23-2010, 10:11 AM
just a friendly piece of advice.. get thicker skin.. ASU was joking around.. you think you have it bad - my son is a GOLFER - they never talk about golf ;)

Bullaholic
09-23-2010, 10:15 AM
In my post I was referring to those posters who are consistently rude and crude in almost every thread they post on--that was my way of telling HornetMom what you have so frankly stated. Perhaps we all need to pay attention better to when someone is trying to be serious like HornetMom, and when someone is joking like ASU. Sometimes it is hard to tell.

BwdLion73
09-23-2010, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Actually I have, I'm in pretty decent shape and will honestly say I can't hang. It was more of a joke to those who don't know what it is.

My knee consistantly swells up after ever workout ever since my last Ultimate Frisbee game. This game is extremely intense. I wanted a break after 5 minutes of playing.

Wow, I've never heard of that. I always envision the pot smokers trying to throw it in a basket at that park in Abilene off S. 11th. ;)

jason
09-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
just a friendly piece of advice.. get thicker skin.. ASU was joking around.. you think you have it bad - my son is a GOLFER - they never talk about golf ;) golf is more of a sport than gymnastics or cheerleading...

44INAROW
09-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by jason
golf is more of a sport than gymnastics or cheerleading...

You betcha :)

DaHop72
09-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
It's pure jealousy. At most high schools there are at least 4 times more football coaches than baseball. Therefore it is harder to get a baseball job. So the ones that don't get to coach baseball, and have to coach track get mad and talk trash. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well played!!!

DaHop72
09-23-2010, 12:32 PM

Not trying to start any arguements, just a sincere question! Heck 44INAAROW and I talk golf in PM's. You can always PM about baseball, I'm good with it.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Wow, I've never heard of that. I always envision the pot smokers trying to throw it in a basket at that park in Abilene off S. 11th. ;)

lol

Ultimate Frisbee is alot like soccer kinda mixed with football but with a frisbee, whole lot of running.

JJWalker
09-23-2010, 01:01 PM

Is baseball a sport or pastime?

DaHop72
09-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
Is baseball a sport or pastime? A sport and a National Pastime.

lostaussie
09-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
a National Pastime. one of my favorites