PDA

View Full Version : Lifting/Conditioning

XMan
09-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Since we have determined that lifting and agilities during the athletic period build athletes, how many school are using their athletic period to do such activities right now. (fall) Are all the schools athletes combined to lift weights and do drills before the footballers go out to practice or do the footballers lift afterwards? Do any of the schools have their football players have to do basketball, soccer, or baseball drills or run a track workout before practice begins? Or, is the athletic period strictly for football preperation? Just wondering.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 01:29 PM
:doh: :hand: :doh:

pirate4state
09-22-2010, 01:30 PM
FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocket
09-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Since we have determined that lifting and agilities during the athletic period build athletes, how many school are using their athletic period to do such activities right now. (fall) Are all the schools athletes combined to lift weights and do drills before the footballers go out to practice or do the footballers lift afterwards? Do any of the schools have their football players have to do basketball, soccer, or baseball drills or run a track workout before practice begins? Or, is the athletic period strictly for football preperation? Just wondering.

Football season is for football.
Basketball season is for basketball.
Straight basketball players are in basketball offseason, right now.
Most schools don't have a baseball offseason program or soccer offseason.

cr180t
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Not sure what the questions is but we do. Today we will have all in there together lifting and doing agility.

cr180t
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Yesterday they did the same things as well.

OLE'BULL
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Really? Again?

Ernest T Bass
09-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Only the football players lift and do agility drills. We make the baseball kids set it up and clean it off after we're done. Then half of them stay and do the laundry and the other half go get the food for the football team.

BILLYFRED0000
09-22-2010, 03:30 PM
we always lifted year round. I remember going to basketball practice on upper body day and having an issue getting the ball over my head. hahaa

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Only the football players lift and do agility drills. We make the baseball kids set it up and clean it off after we're done. Then half of them stay and do the laundry and the other half go get the food for the football team.

LOL

and during baseball season the baseball players have to do the same thing for spring practice..only difference is on gameday the baseball tea does it in their uniforms right?

Ernest T Bass
09-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL

and during baseball season the baseball players have to do the same thing for spring practice..only difference is on gameday the baseball tea does it in their uniforms right?

Yep, and during football practice, the baseball team does the football players' homework. That way our kids can go home and rest instead of having to worry about it.

dude
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Football is King!!!!!!

LE Dad
09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Dude.....are you serious??:D

AP Panther Fan
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Yep, and during football practice, the baseball team does the football players' homework. That way our kids can go home and rest instead of having to worry about it.

LOL...Maybe that is the only way they can pass.:D

(This one is for you, Hornet Mom 2)

XMan
09-22-2010, 08:33 PM
I was just waiting to see how beat up I was going to get on this one. Just wanted to make sure that the double standard is still alive and well. Carry on.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Our football team has no need DURING THIS TIME OF YEAR for running basketball or baseball drills, nor do they run a track workout before/during/after. It's FOOTBALL season. Our basketball only players are in basketball offseason, as I guess are our baseball only players. The football team lifts weights AFTER practice in the evenings...and during the period, they have practice.

Double standard? Only if you make it one. ;)

XMan
09-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Panther Mom, I totally agree that your football team has no need to do those things during this time of year. They need to be working on getting better in football, as all teams across the state should be. Its only a double standard because come baseball/basketball season the baseball/basketballers will be doing football drills instead of using their time to practice their sport. Also, from what I hear, LH has a real baseball coach now, so maybe yall can be legit in more than football. Good luck to your team.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by XMan
Also, from what I hear, LH has a real baseball coach now, so maybe yall can be legit in more than football. Good luck to your team.
Now? We've had "real" baseball coaches for several years! HBC and one assistant both played in college. Heck if that's not "real", I don't know what is.

XMan
09-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Ok, i dont know what you had before, I just know that you have a good one now. Again, good luck.