PDA

View Full Version : Should we allow BEAST to offically change the name of Brownwood to THE WOOD?

gatordaze
09-22-2010, 11:01 AM
In the past week or so BEAST has referred to Brownwood as THE WOOD. I take this as his attempt in renaming the team similarly to the University of Miami referring to themselves as The U or OSU referring to themselves as The Ohio State University.

Since Brownwood is clearly at these teams level, it only seems right to allow THE BEAST to rename them.

Lets vote on it?

BEAST
09-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
In the past week or so BEAST has referred to Brownwood as THE WOOD. I take this as his attempt in renaming the team similarly to the University of Miami referring to themselves as The U or OSU referring to themselves as The Ohio State University.

Since Brownwood is clearly at these teams level, it only seems right to allow THE BEAST to rename them.

Lets vote on it?

Yet another thread about THE WOOD started by a Celina poster.:rolleyes: I didnt name it that. It started in the 90s when Brownwood and Stephenville would play. The Wood vs The Ville.
It stuck in Brownwood and in Stephenville.

BEAST

gatordaze
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Yet another thread about THE WOOD started by a Celina poster.:rolleyes: I didnt name it that. It started in the 90s when Brownwood and Stephenville would play. The Wood vs The Ville.
It stuck in Brownwood and in Stephenville.

BEAST

Maybe it should stay there

Eagle 1
09-22-2010, 11:11 AM
I have to take up for BEAST on this one.
I have heard them called THE WOOD around here (Goldthwaite) for a while now.

BEAST
09-22-2010, 11:12 AM

Ill call Brownwood THE WOOD if I want. Dont you have some signs to worry about?

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Anybody ever heard of Woodville, Mississippi? I've been there. :nerd:

Rocket
09-22-2010, 11:15 AM

Maybe you should stay in your Children of the Cornville town... Go worship Ford and have a cult meeting and get ready for whatever gimme game you have scheduled this week.:rolleyes:

Red&White_9x5
09-22-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Maybe you should stay in your Children of the Cornville town... Go worship Ford and have a cult meeting and get ready for whatever gimme game you have scheduled this week.:rolleyes:

Uhhhh... Gatesville, Llano, FW All Saints. Would those not be considered "Gimmie" games?

RoyceTTU
09-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5
Uhhhh... Gatesville, Llano, FW All Saints. Would those not be considered "Gimmie" games?

:stirpot: :1popcorn:

JJWalker
09-22-2010, 11:29 AM
OK ...

Celina will now be known as "THE INA".

Now everyone is even ... go cry about it to your mommies. :D

gatordaze
09-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by JJWalker
OK ...

I thought that might be the outcome of this... Here we go with the schoolhouse humor!

Tin Cup
09-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Celina sucks. End of discussion

gatordaze
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
:stirpot: :1popcorn:

After my successful attack on Prosper yesterday with THE SIGN post, I wanted to pick a new target and who better than "Rockets Rowdies" yesterday made it to 148 posts. Let em rip boys!

95mustang

Lets vote on it?

Why does this even matter to you? Brownwood has been called THE WOOD for awhile now and it doesn't just refer to football. Why can't you get over this infatuation you have with Brownwood?

pirate4state
09-22-2010, 11:43 AM
OK ...

"Brennan has a MAN-GINA!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

garciap77
09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Red&White_9x5

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Rocket
09-22-2010, 12:14 PM
OK ...

HAHAHAHAHHA

A town named after an old ugly woman isn't very scary...

The Wood is very intimidating. we have all kinds of variation...taking the WOOD to them....take them back to the Wood shed..on and on...

50 yard line fan
09-22-2010, 12:42 PM
I thought maybe they were called the bob cats because they do.

bobcat4life
09-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Celina has played a tougher schedule that Brownwood. Sville is a very average 4a and Llano Gatesville arent any good. And FW All Saints couldnt beat Celina's jv.

Celina has played Pilot Point, a defending state champ, Prestonwood-defending state champ and as good or better than Bridgeport. They would be top 10 3a, maybe top 5. Paris was a playoff team, and Melissa is on the 3a-2a line and made the quarterfinals 3 times in 4 years