PDA

View Full Version : Well here it be, My 3A Top 20!!!

KT 2000
06-21-2001, 08:12 PM
1. Forney
2. Abilene Wylie
3. La Grange
4. Everman
5. Sinton
6. Commerce
7. Gainesville
8. Altair Rice
9. Aledo
10. Midland Greenwood
11. Lake Worth
12. Muleshoe
13. Sweeny
14. Newton
15. Cameron Yoe
16. Lindale
17. Lamesa
18. Bandera
19. Cuero
20. Sealy

Discuss!

mustang02
07-22-2001, 11:39 PM
Where is SWEETWATER in that list.SWEETWATER is better than half of those teams that are on there.I mean especially with the team we have this year.

superman
07-22-2001, 11:58 PM
sweetwater maybe a little better than last year but they are still gonna get manhandled by the dogs from wylie. that was supposed to be a bigtime game last year and wylie shut them down in all facets of the game. this year it may even be uglier.

BigFanOfFootball
07-23-2001, 01:30 AM
i known why sweetwater is not in that list cause there not that good. i feel after watching wylie last year there's no way those boys from sweetwater will be able to hang with them this year. i remember last year reading all the posted replies that sweetwater sent saying that the were going to smoke wylie, well, they better get ready for another lose to dogs this year

mustang02
07-23-2001, 10:39 AM
ok WYLIE game was last year.Not this year.Yeah Wylie stomped us last year but it won't happen this year because they come to our house not the dog pound.So NO WYLIE will not do us like they did last year.You may not believe me and truthfully i don't care if you believe me but just wait until the game.This just gives us the motivation to prove all of you wrong.And it will happen.

bigdawg
07-23-2001, 03:06 PM
You can say whatever u want, but you still know Wylie will walk all over u at your own place. Yall may be pumped from losing to us, but we're pumped from losing the championship so nothing is stopping us this year!

mustang02
07-26-2001, 12:00 PM
Well you can sayt whatever you want to but the truth is NO ONE KNOWS!!!!Me and BIGDAWG and all of wylie could sit here evereyday and argue about how much yall are going top beat us and how much we are going to beat you but the truth is no one knows until it happens.And Don't say yall are more motivavted than any 3A team in the state there are teams that are hungrier and have more desire than SWEETWATER AND WYLIE have put together.

left2soon
07-26-2001, 12:28 PM
Gainesville huh? kinda high dont you think.

KingApe5
07-26-2001, 12:51 PM
Do the mustangs seriously think they will take wylie this year? They should get real if they do. Sweetwater is trash. They're gonna get blown out again.

superman
07-26-2001, 07:40 PM
mustang02, what are you the mascot or something. you have no idea what wylie has or doesnt have. you say nobody knows who will win the game next year. well, the truth is that i know who will win and you wont like the outcome.
01 year of the dogs

bearcat1
07-26-2001, 08:04 PM
Ok, Superman is clarivoyant. Let's all get Superfreak to look into his crystal ball and tell us the winners of ALL 3A games this year while he's at it. Hell, there's no need for anyone to even step onto the field, Wylie is gonna win it all and HE KNOWS THE OUTCOME!!! As a matter of fact, I'd like you to get me some lotto numbers while you're at it...and if you could go ahead and clear up that whole JFK thing that'd be great too. Mustang, GOOD LUCK to you and hear me when I say I hope you DO VERY WELL against Wylie!!!
bc

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited July 26, 2001).]

superman
07-27-2001, 12:42 AM
bearcat1 is a girl, what the crap does she know? girls dont know jack about football they just repeat crap they have heard someone else say before.

eye of the tiger
07-27-2001, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by superman:
bearcat1 is a girl, what the crap does she know? girls dont know jack about football they just repeat crap they have heard someone else say before.
Well superman your last post was pretty ugly. I dont think intelligence is gender specific. Neither is the lack of intelligence. Most of us are here to talk and enjoy and learn about 3a football. It certainly is ok to be true to your school and proud of them. You dont have to put a team or any person "down" to make your point. Just have fun here and "tout" your team. They really are a very good team with a very good overall program.
Good luck to Wylie this year

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited July 27, 2001).]

Jacket2000
07-27-2001, 10:47 AM
Superman is damn genius!!!!!
Boy, dont you know that BC1 has forgotten more football than you'll ever know?!
J2K

bearcat1
07-27-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by superman:

You are half right. I am a girl. But no, I don't just repeat things I've heard. Those are parrots. I am capable of formulating an independent thought. Attacking my gender is a sign of male insecurity. I'm guessing you've spent more than your fair share of time with girls who have *faked it*, but please, try not to lump us all into that category.

mustang02
07-27-2001, 02:28 PM
Hey SUPERMAN when you buy some lotto tickets can i chip in with some money to because since you think you know everything i am sure i will get some money out of the deal.No im not the mascot of the team i probably havce more to do with the mustangs than you have to do with the Bulldogs.Your probably the mascot.And yeah i don't know anything about WYLIE but hey you don't know anything about us(SWEETWATER).You just like all the other people in the state are going by what happened last year and let me tell you things chgange.And Wylie can talk all the trash they want about how bad they beat everybody and how much more heart they have and how they want it more than any other 3A teams but that just is not true there are teams that have more heart than Wylie it is just they don't have anybody talented enough to get them recognition like Wylie or other schools do.

bigdawg
07-27-2001, 04:16 PM
Man, mustang02, I guarantee you that superman plays twice as much as you and has a hell of a lot more to do with our team than you do with yours. We never talk any crap about how bad we beat everybody, so get your info. straight. True, we don't know anything about you, like you don't know anything about us , but we do know ya'll are gonna have a good team next year, and we're just trying to talk some friendly crap to ya'll.

mustang02
07-27-2001, 04:28 PM
Thats cool.Hey do yall know if FORNEY is goping to go BIG SCHOOL or Small.Everyone is wondering about that.

eye of the tiger
07-27-2001, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by mustang02:
Thats cool.Hey do yall know if FORNEY is goping to go BIG SCHOOL or Small.Everyone is wondering about that.
hey mustang--Forney will go div I if Quinlin does not make the playoffs-Quinlin is a little larger than Forney. It should be close between Quinlin and Bonham for that 3rd playoof spot. Depending of course on Forney and Commerce doing what they are expected to do.

KingApe5
07-27-2001, 04:52 PM
Superman is right. The mustangs will again get bent over by wylie. I can see it now. 35-7 Wylie, if not worse. I don't know how the trash from sweetwater is gonna put together a team that can even stay on the field with wylie. Mustang 02 is a freakin dookie weener that talks trash about his wetback buddies from sweetwater. Do you seriously think they can back up what u are saying? Get serious. Wylie will stomp u.

mustang02
07-28-2001, 12:56 PM
ALL i have to say is GET FOR REAL you damn APE

left2soon
07-29-2001, 12:00 PM
kt
just because most of your posters are plowboys from west texas is not a great reason for coming up with this top 20. commerce and forney are great teams, however, they are just the best of a large group of good teams in region 2. remember the state champion either is...or has to go thru the BEAST FROM THE EAST !!!!

fanofthegame
07-30-2001, 02:03 AM
come on bearcat1, if you dont know what its like to be on a football field and actually play the game of football then it is my opinion that you cant really tell us anything. i'm sorry if i'm rude and its not male insecurity, just a prove fact. i dont think that you can line up against a guy and actually smoke them. So what can possibably know about football. Are you like a ballinger mom or something tryin to stick up for you kids on the football team or what!

fanofthegame
07-30-2001, 02:03 AM
come on bearcat1, if you dont know what its like to be on a football field and actually play the game of football then it is my opinion that you cant really tell us anything. i'm sorry if i'm rude and its not male insecurity, just a prove fact. i dont think that you can line up against a guy and actually smoke them. So what can possibably know about football. Are you like a ballinger mom or something tryin to stick up for you kids on the football team or what!

Jacket2000
07-30-2001, 02:23 AM
LMAO!!! Ballinger mom?? I can say that BC has absolutely no affiliation with Ballinger or anyone else in 5-3A. My guess is that BC, like the rest of us, is tired of the Wylie posters (ie Rambo & Bigdawg) that do absolutely nothing but show their ignorance on this board. Actually, I was a Wylie supporter untill these two amebas with keyboards decided to make that impossible.

bearcat1
07-30-2001, 05:41 PM
It is possible to know something about a subject without actually having done it. No, I do not (and never did) claim to know HOW to play football, but I have studied the game and been around football long enough that I feel I have some knowledge of it. I'm sorry if you are too closed minded or chauvinistic to see the possibility in that. I'm not going to explain my upbringing or list the experiences I've had to prove myself worthy of being here. That isn't expected of any of the males here, and it's not gonna be expected of me either. I'm not gonna sit here and defend my knowledge. Nobody else around here has to, why should I.

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited July 30, 2001).]

eye of the tiger
07-30-2001, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by bearcat1:
It is possible to know something about a subject without actually having done it. No, I do not (and never did) claim to know HOW to play football, but I have studied the game and been around football long enough that I feel I have some knowledge of it. I'm sorry if you are too closed minded or chauvinistic to see the possibility in that. I'm not going to explain my upbringing or list the experiences I've had to prove myself worthy of being here. That isn't expected of any of the males here, and it's not gonna be expected of me either. I'm not gonna sit here and defend my knowledge. Nobody else around here has to, why should I.

[This message has been edited by bearcat1 (edited July 30, 2001).]

Nicely said Bearcat.

bigdawg
07-31-2001, 01:33 AM
I agree with eye of the tiger. Women should be treated with as much respect as men. Let her talk, she might know more than a lot of people on this site.

bearcat1
07-31-2001, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
I agree with eye of the tiger. Women should be treated with as much respect as men. Let her talk, she might know more than a lot of people on this site.

Thank you, Bigdawg. I appreciate your support. It is nice to see there are people who aren't consumed with prejudicial views.

Matthew328
05-13-2002, 04:53 PM
The now infamous "dookie weiner" thread....we neer quite figured out what that was...bearcat had a pretty funny retort to one of the Wylie posters about a girl "faking" it...wonder what she is talking about...anyway that is today's blast from the past...do you notice a trend here? All of our classic posts come from out freinds from Wylie...LOL

DAWGfan
05-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Matthew328 is a dookie weiner that has nothing else better to do that bash the people out at Wylie...Wylie is one of the classiest(spelling??) schools around...so why dont you quit going around bashing everyone on this site just because you are an administrator or whatever you are on here!!!

eye of the tiger
05-13-2002, 09:33 PM
DAWGFAN--If you would have been here last year, you would understand why the anti-wylie sentiment. Most of us on this board are here to learn and share and have fun. Many of the Wylie folks, not all of them, but certainly the majority, were here to bash everybody else. From our experience last year we have a hard time believing that Wylie is one of the "classiest schools around". Prove us wrong. Show us that Wylie is a class act. Hopefully this year will be better. Wylie usually fields a good football team and hopefully this year the Wylie fans will tout their team without bashing everybody else. Good luck next year.

Old Cardinal
05-13-2002, 11:33 PM
I would disagree with you on many on your list---Abilene Wylie could not beat Kennedale, Giddings,Jasper, Bridge City, Canyon,Snyder, Burnet, Vernon, Perryton, Borger or several others....You have people on your list that can't make the playoffs next year!

bccards
05-13-2002, 11:51 PM
Old Cardinal> The original post was made June 21, 2001 08:12 PM -- This is not the 2002 Predictions..

Matthew328
05-14-2002, 12:27 PM
Whoa DawgFan chill out.....no I am not bashing Wylie..since we got rid of our junior high freinds from Wylie the few posters we have had from Wylie have been great...but trust me if you woulda been around during the early days you would know what I am talkin about...but when I bring some more posts from the past up you'll see they aren't all Wylie...just most of em! By the way can you find out what exactly a dookie weiner is? We are still wondering!

M.PIRATEFAN
05-14-2002, 07:26 PM
Say when you do make your top 20 list make sure to put those Mighty Mathis Pirates somewhere in there because this year we have another or better team coming back. And not tho mention Sinton. We are trying to make it back to state just like in 1999 so keep a close look at us. Good luck to everyone during football season.

Ktown2004
05-15-2002, 03:08 PM
How can Kennedale not be in the top 20. They beat Sweetwater last year and didnt lose any skill players and they only lost a couple of line men.

sinton66
05-15-2002, 03:28 PM
How can Everman and Sinton be ranked 4th and 5th? Neither one lost very much to graduation.

Jacket2000
05-15-2002, 04:23 PM
Ktown and Sinton66, go check the date of the first post.
J2K

sinton66
05-16-2002, 07:56 AM
Jacket, were yall rubbing it in on KT? His predictions didn't work out too well. Just wondering.

Jacket2000
05-16-2002, 08:24 AM
No, Matt brought it back up because of some of the things the idiots from Abilene Wylie had said. We had alot of fun with them, unfortunately, most of'em were either banned from the board or they stopped coming around after Wylie was knocked out in area.
J2K

vet93
05-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
No, Matt brought it back up because of some of the things the idiots from Abilene Wylie had said. We had alot of fun with them, unfortunately, most of'em were either banned from the board or they stopped coming around after Wylie was knocked out in area.
J2K

Jacket...I don't want to add insult to injury to the Wylie fans but I think that they were actually knocked out in bidistrict (Vernon).

Jacket2000
05-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Ahh, right you are. Thanks for pointing that out. That makes it even better! LOL
J2K

QBKilla
05-16-2002, 08:12 PM
What about Barbers Hill in 2002? They have a quality club coming back this year.

Jacket2000
05-16-2002, 10:18 PM
For the last time, THIS IS FROM LAST SEASON! People, read the posts, or better yet, check the date, before you post on this thread to solicit your own team!
J2K

Matthew328
05-17-2002, 08:50 AM
Goodness...maybe bringin up old posts isn't such a good idea...come on people...LOL

eye of the tiger
05-17-2002, 11:45 AM
Hey why do you have commerce rated so low?
just playing. I dont know why some have had such a hard problem with this. I have really enjoyed bringing back some of the old topics back. Like digging in the archives and finding some old treasures. Hopefully if you try it again it wont be such a hassle for you guys.

whsfan
05-17-2002, 06:24 PM
Jacket looks like you are still up to your old ways. You're willing to do just about anything to get a debate going with Wylie. Are you still not willing to support any particular team?

Are you ever going to grow up?

Jacket2000
05-17-2002, 07:42 PM
Ya know, you may not believe this, but I was a HUGE Wylie supporter during the 2000 season, and I continued to be untill these idiots showed up. Now, I hope that this type is the minority of the Wylie student body, but untill it is proven, I will believe otherwise. If I remember correctly, you are the only surviving Wylie supporter from the 2001 season. All the rest have been banned, mostly for their language. So, this leads me to believe that you are in the minority of Wylie supporters.
And to answer your question: No, I have not picked one particular team to support year after year. And why should I have to? There are many great teams in Texas, why should I have to pull for just one?
J2K

whsfan
05-17-2002, 09:34 PM
Jacket, I have to disagree. There are still plenty of remaining Wylie supporters.

I've got a new idea. How about talking about next season and some potentially strong teams. I know Wylie has a tough pre-district schedule. Pick a team or two and let's talk. That sounds more constructive than bashing anyone.

Ya know, you may not believe this, but I was a HUGE Wylie supporter during the 2000 season, and I continued to be untill these idiots showed up. Now, I hope that this type is the minority of the Wylie student body, but untill it is proven, I will believe otherwise. If I remember correctly, you are the only surviving Wylie supporter from the 2001 season. All the rest have been banned, mostly for their language. So, this leads me to believe that you are in the minority of Wylie supporters.
And to answer your question: No, I have not picked one particular team to support year after year. And why should I have to? There are many great teams in Texas, why should I have to pull for just one?
J2K

Jacket2000
05-17-2002, 09:43 PM
Well, the only bashing I did on this thread was from last season. Matt's started this thing where he brings back threads from the days of yore. The first few times were pretty funny to look back at. But, this one has caused some confusion. So, we'll probably be a little more careful from now on about which threads we bring back. As for this season, I have a feeling that Dangerfield will make some major noise. I also think we may hear a little more noise than usual from out west. Im thinking Canyon or Borger. Oh, and my pick to be the most overrated team of the season: Jasper. Yes, I know they have alot comming back from a very succesful season in 4a, but I think they'll find 3a a little tougher than they're expecting. Im sure they'll make some noise, but Ive already predicted that they will not win a state championship this season.
J2K

whsfan
05-18-2002, 10:38 AM
I've got to agree with your thoughts on Jasper. The competition in 3A is a lot tougher than some of the 4A & 5A schools realize. Jasper will be good. State champions - not likely!

Speaking just for Region 1, the squad from Everman is going to be very difficult for anyone to beat in Division I. In Division II, I'm looking for a tough squad from Sweetwater. The Carillo kid is in his third year and they've got lots of talent to work with.

Well, the only bashing I did on this thread was from last season. Matt's started this thing where he brings back threads from the days of yore. The first few times were pretty funny to look back at. But, this one has caused some confusion. So, we'll probably be a little more careful from now on about which threads we bring back. As for this season, I have a feeling that Dangerfield will make some major noise. I also think we may hear a little more noise than usual from out west. Im thinking Canyon or Borger. Oh, and my pick to be the most overrated team of the season: Jasper. Yes, I know they have alot comming back from a very succesful season in 4a, but I think they'll find 3a a little tougher than they're expecting. Im sure they'll make some noise, but Ive already predicted that they will not win a state championship this season.
J2K

vet93
05-18-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by whsfan:
I've got to agree with your thoughts on Jasper. The competition in 3A is a lot tougher than some of the 4A & 5A schools realize. Jasper will be good. State champions - not likely!

Speaking just for Region 1, the squad from Everman is going to be very difficult for anyone to beat in Division I. In Division II, I'm looking for a tough squad from Sweetwater. The Carillo kid is in his third year and they've got lots of talent to work with.

Whsfan...I have to agree with you. Sweetwater is loaded. I think that the main question is if they can put the pieces together and play well as a team. If things go well for them and could very easily seeing them taking Region I Division II. The question marks in my mind center around the defense (can they slow down a high powered offense), and the offensive line (can they more consistently keep people off of Carillo and the transfer from Breck). If they answer the questions then look out.

bc 76
05-19-2002, 07:21 PM
Jasper will be very tough.They went 12-2 in the class 4a div.2.The teams that they played during the year very good teams west orange stark,forest brook,pa.lincoln,bay city.If they were to play everman they would beat everman by 3 or 4 td.The level of competion bettween the two teams is not even close.

ElMeroMero
05-19-2002, 08:36 PM
Jasper overrated? No way. Jasper is for real. My prediction is that Jasper will atleast win the region. How far do you have them going J2k?

eye of the tiger
05-19-2002, 10:15 PM
I dont think Jasper is overated, but I sure dont think they would beat Everman by 3 or 4 tds, if at all. Maybe we will get lucky and they will meet this year. I wish both teams much luck and Im really glad they are both Div I teams.

Jacket2000
05-19-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by ElMeroMero:
Jasper overrated? No way. Jasper is for real. My prediction is that Jasper will atleast win the region. How far do you have them going J2k?

I wouldn't be suprised to see them go 3-4 rounds deep. I wouldnt be completely suprised to see them make to the finals, I just dont see them winning it all this year. Call it a hunch.
J2K

Matthew328
05-20-2002, 07:02 PM
You are out of your mind if you think Jasper could beat Everman by 3 or 4 TD's.....like I said earlier in the year comparing scores isn't much but it is all we have to go on right now....Jasper lost to Bay City 35-7...Bay City lost to Ennis 21-0 in the state tittle game...Waxahachie lost to Ennis by 6 and Denton Ryan by 4 (both 4A state champs) Waxahachie also happened to lose to Everman by 6...(Waxahahcie's only 3 losses all year) with that logic Everman was on a par with Ennis and Denton Ryan..Jasper was NOT...I know football is a game of matchups and different teams match up better than others but I seriously doubt Jasper could beat Everman by 3 or 4 TD's...anyone who has seen both teams play could tell you that...

bc 76
05-23-2002, 06:15 PM
Thats real funny matthew.I would love to see everman play bay city or forest brook.The bay city ennis game not going to take anrthing away from ennis,but our young qb.missed a couple of wr that wide open.If hits them with a pass we easly could have been up by 2 td.Everman would not stand a chance against the M&M BOYS.

Matthew328
05-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Like I said Jasper doesn't beat Everman by 3 or 4 TD's...I thought this was about Everman-Jasper...but if you wanna bring up Everman-Bay City ok....that woulda been a very good game last year...Bay City may have won but it woulda been close...their D likely woulda stopped Everman's O...but Bay City's offense wouldn't have done anything against Everman's D last year....and if you had seen both teams play you would agree...as for Everman-Forest Brook Everman wins that last year by at least a TD...I think you are seriously underrating Everman they were a team that if 4A was probably at least top 10 if not top 5....but enough about last year...this is a new year...dunno what Everman will do..they could get cocky and be satisfied with one tittle or they could be even better because physically this team has more talent....

bc 76
05-23-2002, 09:06 PM
You are right that was last year.I wish the best of luck to everman this coming year.The team that i do watch our bay city wharton elcampo.And keep up with 24 4a & 24 3a.Iwould love to see a rematch with bay city &ennis.Iknow bay city is loaded with talent again.As far as 3a there are going to be some good teams jasper,bridge city,sealy,swenny,wharton & rice.Going to be great year,best of luck to all these teams.