PDA

View Full Version : Quit riding Jasper

papasmurf
07-16-2002, 12:46 AM
Me and other people on here probaly think that Jasper is totally over rated come on think about. Wow they move down to 3a whoppty do, Bridge City move down to 3a two year ago. Big deal, Jasper is a good team but there not that good.

Bulldog92
07-16-2002, 01:38 AM
You're funny. But you know what? That's why they play the games and I expect you to be here posting your opinions regardless of who wins the Jasper/Newton game or the district. I'll be here and you can bank on it. That's what this board is all about...

j_dog
07-16-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by papasmurf:
Me and other people on here probaly think that Jasper is totally over rated come on think about. Wow they move down to 3a whoppty do, Bridge City move down to 3a two year ago. Big deal, Jasper is a good team but there not that good.

Hey, you are right. Jasper gets no points for just coming from 4a. They get their recognition for what the DID in 4a. Many teams moved down from 4a and most won't do anything spectacular. Every team can play only 11 players at a time and there are obviously many good teams in 3a. So, anything can happen. See you at the game!

bearcat1
07-16-2002, 10:54 AM
I remember when Alvarado moved down and everyone thought they were gonna tear it up. It is true that a move down doesn't just guarantee you a cake walk. But, I still think Jasper is gonna put the whoopin on people!
bc

Originally posted by j_dog:
Hey, you are right. Jasper gets no points for just coming from 4a. They get their recognition for what the DID in 4a. Many teams moved down from 4a and most won't do anything spectacular. Every team can play only 11 players at a time and there are obviously many good teams in 3a. So, anything can happen. See you at the game!

Old Cardinal
07-16-2002, 12:27 PM
Wait a minute Papasmurf, Bridge City is now 21-5 in their 2 years of 3A ball and they beat the snot out of Newton in one of their two meetings! In fact, they have only lost one District game in two years. I would not belittle Jasper, I think you should respect them, or they just might do to you what Bridge City did to you in their first year in 3A. Remember all that bragging and big talk can fall in to you. That's a good Jasper team. Remember all that bragging you did, two years ago-the same situation could happen again-this time with Jasper.

Bulldog92
07-16-2002, 12:41 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that took exception to those comments. BC is a good team also and I'd like to see the Dogs schedule them next year if we don't see them in the playoffs...

papasmurf
07-17-2002, 12:44 AM
if i remember rigth what happen to bridge city last year of yeah 32-0 ring a bell. Jasper was scared to come out last year at half time cause it was raining. remeber this ''we want jasper''.

Bulldog92
07-17-2002, 02:18 AM
What did the scoreboard say at the end, genius? Let me remind you. Jasper 27, Newton 23. You've gotta be making our friend duckbutter cringe with your lack of intelligence on this board. You don't call a team "scared" that beat you. That's pretty weak. I know you guys made a run at us in the second half, but it means nothing if you don't win the game. Enough said...

duckbutter
07-17-2002, 08:48 AM
Pappasmurf, lets keep the trash talking to a minimum please. Do your talking on the field!

Dealer
07-20-2002, 09:48 AM
"We want Jasper" - Be careful what you wish for papa.
Newton will get their shot, but it sounds like you're saying Newton's only chance is a Barbay raindance. Both teams will be ready and will play tough football - rain or shine.

football_man
07-21-2002, 01:58 PM
yea bc did beat newton the first time but what happened the second time.In my opinion bc dosnt have half the talent newton does. bc want beat newton again, and u can count on that.