PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley

THEWIMBOTEXAN75
09-21-2010, 11:22 PM
This Wimberley Texan team is unlike the others, they honestly are greatly SMALLER, but they play with heart, witch makes them a great team. Dennis Smith for instance is an athlete who will play with all of his heart and do what it takes for his team to win, The new Quaterback Brady Lambert has really come into this team and filled in right where he needed to, he has been fluent in every game thus far, doesnt try to force things that arent there and most importantly he knows how to control the ball. on defence these two guys do what they need to do to get their team off the field. Weldon Nelms this year has started a whole different play calling scheme since Pierce is back in town. they are capible of running alot more diverse plays and its only gonna get better. Watch out for the Wimberley Texans this year!!!

Wimberley- 34
Sealy- 21

LE Dad
09-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by THEWIMBOTEXAN75
This Wimberley Texan team is unlike the others, they honestly are greatly SMALLER, but they play with heart, witch makes them a great team. Dennis Smith for instance is an athlete who will play with all of his heart and do what it takes for his team to win, The new Quaterback Brady Lambert has really come into this team and filled in right where he needed to, he has been fluent in every game thus far, doesnt try to force things that arent there and most importantly he knows how to control the ball. on defence these two guys do what they need to do to get their team off the field. Weldon Nelms this year has started a whole different play calling scheme since Pierce is back in town. they are capible of running alot more diverse plays and its only gonna get better. Watch out for the Wimberley Texans this year!!!

Wimberley- 34
Sealy- 21 Welcome to the board!!! Good luck to the Texans!!!:clap: :clap:

Ernest T Bass
09-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by THEWIMBOTEXAN75

Wimberley- 34
Sealy- 21

I know I would hate to be "greatly smaller" than anyone.

Rock66
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Which part of Wimberley's team is "greatly SMALLER?" To what year/s are you referring to? Ive watched Wimberley over the last few years and this team is arguably one of the biggest teams to come through the program.

wimbo_pro
09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Rock66
Which part of Wimberley's team is "greatly SMALLER?" To what year/s are you referring to? Ive watched Wimberley over the last few years and this team is arguably one of the biggest teams to come through the program.

I agree with you Rock66. I think overall, this team has more beef than in the past, even the championship team. But I think he is saying we are smaller than most contenders, and I think he is right. We were smaller than Giddings, Cuero, Dripping, but not smaller than Smithville. I would bet we are average or slightly above average in the 3A world.

Rock66
09-23-2010, 01:30 AM
If that is the context in which that statement was made then I also agree. Sealy has some pretty talented skill positions on offense that rival the best in the state for speed and Wimberley has quite the backfield duo so I'm looking forward to the match up. To my knowledge, Wimberley's only test from Top 10 caliber teams so far this year has been Cuero. Sealy has played excellent offensively and has played nearly flawless on Defense. This will be a true test for both teams

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Rock66
If that is the context in which that statement was made then I also agree. Sealy has some pretty talented skill positions on offense that rival the best in the state for speed and Wimberley has quite the backfield duo so I'm looking forward to the match up. To my knowledge, Wimberley's only test from Top 10 caliber teams so far this year has been Cuero. Sealy has played excellent offensively and has played nearly flawless on Defense. This will be a true test for both teams

IMO, If we stumble, they will make us pay. The key to this game will be ball control...keep their offense off the field. The problem might be the fact their defense is pretty darned good. Ball control...and no turnovers (which might be the same thing, right?)