PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill @ Mexia

Daddy D 11
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
I expect another lower scoring, scrappy game since that is all LH has found themselves in all year lol

I really hope to see our defense perform like they have been, I'm gonna be pissed if the game I choose to attend becomes a shootout lol I wanna see a defensive battle!

I hear Mexia has some stud back, but I also heard Rockdale had one. And I know Cuero has one. With LH's run defense traditionally being very very strong, I would say we are okay in that area. Comes down to whether our QB can run the offense smoothly and if Mexia is gonna have a decent game plan against LH's slot T, which is something they have never seen.

Daddy D 11
09-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh and one more thing... Super R is a clown. That is all.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Oh and one more thing... Super R is a clown. That is all.
LOL! :D http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e275/solacus/Clown-Smilie.gif

Well, Mexia did see China Spring's "version" of the slot-t, so they have a semi-clue, at the very least. I expect the Panthers to come out fired up and hit Mexia in the mouth early and often...the "smash" mouth, that is. :cheerl: :cheerl:

LHdog
09-21-2010, 07:49 PM
I think the Mexia game will be an indicator of whether or not the Panthers will be a serious play-off threat this year. I'm still not sold on the offense, especially the play calling and lack of use of the QB. But a tough road win could certainly make a statement to the district.

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
LH is off to a good start, so it would be hard to pick against em.:D I will say LH by 7

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
I think the Mexia game will be an indicator of whether or not the Panthers will be a serious play-off threat this year. I'm still not sold on the offense, especially the play calling and lack of use of the QB. But a tough road win could certainly make a statement to the district.

I agree, LHdog. I think this is a big qualifier for both teams, and from what little I know of either, they appear to match up pretty well from their records so far this season.

I really do like the LH folks, but the Mexia HC is my 2nd cuz so I've got to stick with family and pull for Mexia in this one.

LLM_1331
09-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe Liberty Hill will show a different team this week, but I will have to pick Mexia. The Hill lost to a China Spring team that is down quite a bit this year. Good luck to both team's and stay healthy, it's almost the time when it start's to mean something.

LH Panther Mom
09-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
I'm still not sold on the offense, especially the play calling and lack of use of the QB.
I'm certainly no expert and don't even pretend to be, but maybe the play calling is what's best suited for the personnel? :thinking: I've got plenty of thoughts on it, but most are simply my opinion and better left off public posts.

Tx Challenge
09-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I will go with LH....I think their Defense will make the difference in this game..

Oh and DD11......Dont pick on SuperR.....Not fair...Guy has serious issues.

bleedsbabyblue
09-21-2010, 08:33 PM
contain doug gentry and lh will win easily, but that is a tall order. mexia wins this one 34-23.

Daddy D 11
09-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by bleedsbabyblue
contain doug gentry and lh will win easily, but that is a tall order. mexia wins this one 34-23.

cuero's trent jackson>this gentry fella
rockdales rb>this gentry chump

liberty hill>mexia

trojan37
09-22-2010, 12:44 AM

liberty hill>mexia CS beat LH. Gentry walked all over CS. Don't take him lightly.

watz4dinner
09-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Down to Mexia 27-7 at half.....CS found out that they are a running team this year in the second half. Rushed for 350 against Mexia 275 in second half...pulled within a touchdown with a minute before a 85 yard fumble return touchdown for Mexia. LH will pound the ball against Mexia.

35-28 Liberty Hill

runtowin
09-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Pretty sure LH scored 30+ points in their first two games. Not all low scoring games, just the last two weeks when Corn was out and kids were ill.

runtowin
09-22-2010, 10:29 AM
I think they will start to click, offensively, Friday and carry it into district.

CENTEX FAN
09-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Gentry is not Mexia's only weapon. Their QB and other RB can tote the mail, also. I saw the La Vega-Mexia game and they bith have a lot of quality athletes. La Vega is young and just starting to mature. Alternating 2 sophs and a freshman at running back and all are good. Just need maturing. Mexia is pretty big and athletic in both oline and dline. I pick Mexia by 2 tds.

runtowin
09-22-2010, 03:28 PM
LH will have to stop them before they get started. They have SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

runtowin
09-22-2010, 09:30 PM
i guess everyone agrees. mexia is fast!

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
i guess everyone agrees. mexia is fast!
Just how fast are they? :thinking:

eagles_victory
09-23-2010, 06:48 PM

liberty hill>mexia I don't know about that this kid can play just gets overlooked because there is never any supercentex talk on the downlow. Whereas, if Cuero has a kid who can walk, chew gum, and hold his own johnson when he takes a pee we know all about him. (Not taking anything away from Jackson the kid is a load and great player just saying)

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
if Cuero has a kid who can walk, chew gum, and hold his own johnson when he takes a pee we know all about him.
Heck, any player, regardless of classification, that can do all that at the same time gets my vote for PotY! :D

eagles_victory
09-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Heck, any player, regardless of classification, that can do all that at the same time gets my vote for PotY! :D Not at the same time lol.

Daddy D 11
09-23-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't know about that this kid can play just gets overlooked because there is never any supercentex talk on the downlow. Whereas, if Cuero has a kid who can walk, chew gum, and hold his own johnson when he takes a pee we know all about him. (Not taking anything away from Jackson the kid is a load and great player just saying)

lol i was being a little facetious
im sure he'll be the real deal

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Not at the same time lol.
Well, that's hardly worth talking about then! :p

eagles_victory
09-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Hear Mr. Gentry showed up in a big way.

LH Panther Mom
09-25-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm headed to SA in about 5 minutes but will give my thoughts tomorrow.

I do want to say that it STINKS playing somewhere that there's no Sprint coverage. :hairpunk:

Daddy D 11
09-25-2010, 02:58 PM

very poor tackling all night from LH helped him, he is good though.