PDA

View Full Version : Argyle @ Prosper

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Argyle is very good this season and I think Prosper is improving. I think Argyle by 14-21.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 02:24 PM
I agree with you. I honestly think we take in on the chin the next 2 weeks. Prosper is going to be 2&4. Good news is we'll roll out 4 in a row to head to playoff and maybe by them this team will have some identity. It's tough right now for the boys because the coaches don't even know which direction to go. It's hard to follow without a leader...

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Eagle2
I agree with you. I honestly think we take in on the chin the next 2 weeks. Prosper is going to be 2&4. Good news is we'll roll out 4 in a row to head to playoff and maybe by them this team will have some identity. It's tough right now for the boys because the coaches don't even know which direction to go. It's hard to follow without a leader...

I'm afraid that rolling out 4 in row against the Farmers, Community, Princeton and Lonestar won't give Prosper any kind of identity! Sorry, I wish we could help more! :D

peagle
09-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I'm afraid that rolling out 4 in row against the Farmers, Community, Princeton and Lonestar won't give Prosper any kind of identity! Sorry, I wish we could help more! :D

Prosper's biggest problem coaching....
Pull Senior Quarter back to start new kid. Not using Juan Williams ..... Coaches are focusing on the younger players building for next year... What they get -mistakes that lead to scoring drives by all 3 of the last opponents. You can not win a game planning for next year...
What would you give to suit up and hit that field one last time. For most of you following high school football anything....
You got to ask yourself why a coach would pull a captain that the team believes in. You cannot win destroying leadership. Let's hope the live and learn and not at the expense of 17 and 18 year olds that will never have an opportunity to play again. At this point winning record is off the table

Black Swarm
09-24-2010, 11:38 PM
40-17 Argyle Final

Txbroadcaster
09-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by peagle
Prosper's biggest problem coaching....
Pull Senior Quarter back to start new kid. Not using Juan Williams ..... Coaches are focusing on the younger players building for next year... What they get -mistakes that lead to scoring drives by all 3 of the last opponents. You can not win a game planning for next year...
What would you give to suit up and hit that field one last time. For most of you following high school football anything....
You got to ask yourself why a coach would pull a captain that the team believes in. You cannot win destroying leadership. Let's hope the live and learn and not at the expense of 17 and 18 year olds that will never have an opportunity to play again. At this point winning record is off the table

so the guy who won state in 08 is now a bad coach?

peagle
09-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

Definitely has a different staff surrounding him. Mobley a very motivating defensive coordinator has moved forward. Have had kids in the program from before Scott till now. Not saying he is bad but not focusing on this year. He is building and planning for next year. Right now he has a ton of athletic talent that is losing because of costly penalties and turn overs. The difference is choices. Set up a very difficult pre-district schedule with a young team mistake Trying to rotate Quarter backs during this tough schedule. Schedule gave no opportunity to work on weaknesses. He is young. The coaches don't adjust on the field during games by half time it is too late. You got to at this point find a way to build back up the confidence of these 16,17,and 18 year olds. With a huge amount of players that have moved in the last two years. He has a ton of talent this year it is time to figure out how to repair the damage

Txbroadcaster
09-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by peagle
Definitely has a different staff surrounding him. Mobley a very motivating defensive coordinator has moved forward. Have had kids in the program from before Scott till now. Not saying he is bad but not focusing on this year. He is building and planning for next year. Right now he has a ton of athletic talent that is losing because of costly penalties and turn overs. The difference is choices. Set up a very difficult pre-district schedule with a young team mistake Trying to rotate Quarter backs during this tough schedule. Schedule gave no opportunity to work on weaknesses. He is young. The coaches don't adjust on the field during games by half time it is too late. You got to at this point find a way to build back up the confidence of these 16,17,and 18 year olds. With a huge amount of players that have moved in the last two years. He has a ton of talent this year it is time to figure out how to repair the damage

Has Coach SAID he is playing now for next year?

peagle
09-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Has Coach SAID he is playing now for next year?
That is part of the problem he really hasn't address any plan..... There is not film review. Prosper use to have it just quietly disappeared.

Maybe you are just thinking unhappy parent.

Just wondering ....
You might want to examine stats before jumping on that...

It is time to re-direct this team
Whether he is a good or bad coach really will be determined by what he does the second half of the season. ...

Whether you coach college, high school rec ball, ect.... It has a lot to do with motivating and using your assets.

You can lose and still get better... If you don't get better grow as a team you need to adjust....

Twirling Time
09-25-2010, 03:03 AM
I never realized that Juan Williams ever redshirted.

marler1972
09-25-2010, 07:51 AM
I don't know about every one else but it very strange that a high school coach has his own website seems very cocky. The first link is the team website the second his the coaches website neither website mentions his asst coaches...........

http://prospereaglefootball.com/

http://www.kentscottfootball.com/

peagle
09-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
I don't know about every one else but it very strange that a high school coach has his own website seems very cocky. The first link is the team website the second his the coaches website neither website mentions his asst coaches...........

http://prospereaglefootball.com/

http://www.kentscottfootball.com/

MN95
09-25-2010, 10:50 AM
What is going on with Juan Williams this year. I see very little from him in the box scores. Hurt?

peagle
09-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by MN95
What is going on with Juan Williams this year. I see very little from him in the box scores. Hurt?

He did have a sore knee had an MRI and was cleared.. basically coaching staff is not using him as in years past. Extremely good athlete that has hit it really hard this summer... We are all wondering the same thing?????

firstdown
09-25-2010, 11:55 AM
After watching the game last night I believe you guys should leave 11 at QB and put Allen where you can get him the ball in space, he's a much better runner than passer. I hope he's not hurt to bad.
Good luck with the rest of the season.

peagle
09-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
After watching the game last night I believe you guys should leave 11 at QB and put Allen where you can get him the ball in space, he's a much better runner than passer. I hope he's not hurt to bad.
Good luck with the rest of the season. :clap: :clap:

You guys played a really good game ....

Eagle2
09-27-2010, 11:27 AM

That is a fact. He stunk as a coach then. It was our D coord who ran the show and everyone knows it. He was MObley. Coach Scott needs to go and will be going, you can count on it.

bowleghorses
09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
That is a fact. He stunk as a coach then. It was our D coord who ran the show and everyone knows it. He was MObley. Coach Scott needs to go and will be going, you can count on it.

Who do you think needs to replace him?

ctown
09-27-2010, 02:58 PM
The coach's website is reediculous. Everyone around the area knows a big part of his recent success was a couple classes of kids that were intent on putting a championship on the board since peewee. Obviously, Prosper has some physical talent this year but their coach has done nothing to help them be what they could be with the mental phase of the game, otherwise known as coaching.

lostaussie
09-27-2010, 04:09 PM
This one is getting good:D Coach wins State Championship, now coach sucks. d cood ran show, should have applied for head job. current coach leaving and everyone but him knows it:D coach website sucks.................i think I got it:thumbsup:

fststwthmstst
09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Prosper..... W/ a win

Send_the_House
09-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Some angry parents on this thread... Too bad Coach Scott didn't let your kid play... Then he would be a much better coach...

Eagle2
09-29-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't have a kid on this years team but I know for a fact coach Scott sux. I've personally watched him take his team out of 3 games. He's got no discipline or respect from his players. It's a joke!

ctown
09-29-2010, 03:18 PM
No decent head coach to continue a program's philosophy is not where you want to be a couple years from 4A...

Gsquared
09-29-2010, 03:22 PM
I don't have a kid on this years team but I know for a fact coach Scott sux. I've personally watched him take his team out of 3 games. He's got no discipline or respect from his players. It's a joke!
Dang, you sound like SOME of those Farmersville Yeahooo's ya hear in the stands every Friday night

Eagle2
09-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Dang, you sound like SOME of those Farmersville Yeahooo's ya hear in the stands every Friday night

You can think whatever you want but all you've got to do is come watch a game and you'd see it for yourself. Prosper should have 1 loss right now and that's it. They have the talent to beat Love Joy, lets see if they can get the ship pointed in the right direction going into district.

bowleghorses
09-30-2010, 11:44 AM
My thought is that the new defense is not working out as good as the old one. Who is the new DC and where did he come from?:confused:

gatordaze
09-30-2010, 12:46 PM
You can think whatever you want but all you've got to do is come watch a game and you'd see it for yourself. Prosper should have 1 loss right now and that's it. They have the talent to beat Love Joy, lets see if they can get the ship pointed in the right direction going into district.

I predict Prosper will beat Lovejoy in district as they match up well and LL is not living up to the hype.

The problem will come in the playoffs with Argyle most likely being an early round opponent.

Under what circumstances do you see Prosper beating Argyle if they meet again this year? I did not see the game but wonder what could have been different to change the outcome.

bowleghorses
09-30-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
I predict Prosper will beat Lovejoy in district as they match up well and LL is not living up to the hype.

The problem will come in the playoffs with Argyle most likely being an early round opponent.

Under what circumstances do you see Prosper beating Argyle if they meet again this year? I did not see the game but wonder what could have been different to change the outcome.

Not letting them score so many points would help...maybe scoring a few more also.:D

Charlie47
09-30-2010, 05:37 PM

You may have the talent, but you didn't beat us last year. ;)