PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer @ Daingerfield

lostaussie
09-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Although the demise of the Buckeye program was greatly exaggerated...............the Buckeyes will have their hands full friday night. They have pounded on the Tigers pretty handily the last few years and D'field thinks it has what it takes to get revenge. That dadgum Tiger Den is a tough place to play!!!

Gsquared
09-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Although the demise of the Buckeye program was greatly exaggerated...............the Buckeyes will have their hands full friday night. They have pounded on the Tigers pretty handily the last few years and D'field thinks it has what it takes to get revenge. That dadgum Tiger Den is a tough place to play!!!
Scuse me, we have sign talk going on right now. Please do not clutter the board with game related posts. Thank you.

waterboy
09-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Yep. The "Mud Bowl in Jethroville" is a very hard place to play. The only time we've lost to Daingerfield since '02 was the loss there in '05 (lost 26-17) during the regular season. All I got to say is the Buckeyes better strap it on tight cause it's gonna be a war. The seniors on this Tiger team want nothing more than to say that they beat Gilmer. It's the next best thing to a state championship for them. The only blemish on their record the last two years was a loss to Gilmer each year. If Gilmer can avoid turnovers, dropped passes, penalties, and play good defensively, I think they have a shot at beating them again......... The Buckeyes have to have a good week of practice for sure. I talked to one of the players after last week's game and he told me they worked hard in practice for L-E and that he was sore.:D

waterboy
09-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Scuse me, we have sign talk going on right now. Please do not clutter the board with game related posts. Thank you.
HEY! Don't hijack this thread! If you want to see a real game you should come out and watch this one.:D

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 02:08 PM
This would be a good game to watch. I do believe dfield is gonna be the team to beat and that does not happen that often between Gilmer and dfield. Great squat they have this year.

Rocket
09-21-2010, 02:17 PM
If Gilmer beats Daingerfield, Daingerfield isn't near as good as you people are talking about.

lostaussie
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Yep, them 2 losses in the last two years look a little ugly as far as the Daingerfield faithful are concerned. They might give a ring back to beat us Friday night:D

lostaussie
09-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
If Gilmer beats Daingerfield, Daingerfield isn't near as good as you people are talking about. There you go again, sticking your nose where it don't belong:D

Rocket
09-21-2010, 02:21 PM
it's a true statement. You people act like Daingerfield is just so good.. LOL If they are that good, they will destroy this subpar 2010 Gilmer team.

poisoned10
09-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately, I believe the D'field senior will get their revenge on Gilmer this year.

I won't be at the game to witness either way. I'll be at the Brook Hill v Troup game.

I told my buddy J.B. (not Smith) that when he came back from his back injury I would watch him play. Instead of driving 2 hours to a crappy stadium where I'll be cramped up with 2 kids, I figured this would be the best time to go.

I'll be there in spirit though.

GO BUCKEYES!!

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 02:32 PM
There you go again, sticking your nose where it don't belong:D :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Before Friday I said DF, but with what they did,or actually didn't do against PG, I think Gilmer wins. :)

lostaussie
09-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
it's a true statement. You people act like Daingerfield is just so good.. LOL If they are that good, they will destroy this subpar 2010 Gilmer team. Daingerfield is very, very good............but lets be realistic. THEY ARE A 2A TEAM. I believe firmly that their first 11 can play against ALMOST anyone in the state. Where we have beatthem in the past and what we will try to do this year is get into the backups. It then becomes a numbers game and we can probably win that. We all know they couldn't stay on the field with almighty Brownwood. I think we should delete every thread on the board except for the ones about Brownwood. Hell, I think we should change the name of the site.............how about Brownload:D

SHSBulldog00
09-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Gilmer gets the job done 35-34.

'Necks 2013-14
09-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Scuse me, we have sign talk going on right now. Please do not clutter the board with game related posts. Thank you. :fnypost: :fnypost:

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
D-Field 35- Gilmer 34.5

waterboy
09-21-2010, 03:29 PM
This is a big time rivalry game. There ain't much telling what will happen in a game such as this. It could go either way to be honest. If Gilmer wins, that doesn't mean that Daingerfield is not as good as people think. I'll go out on a limb and say that the Tigers will win the 2A Division I state championship either way.....and win it easily. Oh, and Rocket, Gilmer is inexperienced and just now starting to get their feet under themselves. They've been plagued by turnovers this year, and if they can get that corrected they'll be there when it counts........in the playoffs. Just because Gilmer lost a couple of games doesn't mean they're not capable of a run. They're definitely not at last year's level yet, but they are still very good.

Simple Man
09-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Year in/year out Daingerfield would would beat the mighty Brownwood. This year would be no different. That is a fact!

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
This is a big time rivalry game. There ain't much telling what will happen in a game such as this. It could go either way to be honest. If Gilmer wins, that doesn't mean that Daingerfield is not as good as people think. I'll go out on a limb and say that the Tigers will win the 2A Division I state championship either way.....and win it easily. Oh, and Rocket, Gilmer is inexperienced and just now starting to get their feet under themselves. They've been plagued by turnovers this year, and if they can get that corrected they'll be there when it counts........in the playoffs. Just because Gilmer lost a couple of games doesn't mean they're not capable of a run. They're definitely not at last year's level yet, but they are still very good. All that "if your team loses they are no good" crap doesn't apply in East Texas. On any given night a team can win or lose depending on soooo many things. Too many quality teams not to take a lump or 2 and not really a huge difference from 2A up besides depth.

I am ready for some district ball to get started.:clap: :clap:

Yoe_09
09-21-2010, 03:41 PM
This is an interesting game. Everyone thinks that Daingerfield is just going to roll onto another state championship.....hmmm. They havent played aynone this season but it should finally be a challenge Friday. I am actually going to take Gilmer by 3.

lostaussie
09-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
This is an interesting game. Everyone thinks that Daingerfield is just going to roll onto another state championship.....hmmm. They havent played aynone this season but it should finally be a challenge Friday. I am actually going to take Gilmer by 3. Hey what region is yoe in? Trying to get a gauge on a possible Tatum or D'field matchup.

Yoe_09
09-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Hey what region is yoe in? Trying to get a gauge on a possible Tatum or D'field matchup.

Region III... there is Cameron, Tatum, Newton, Crockett, and Jefferson. If we win district we would more than likely play Tatum in the R3 final if both teams get that far.

lostaussie
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Region III... there is Cameron, Tatum, Newton, Crockett, and Jefferson. Jefferson = no worries

Yoe_09
09-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Jefferson = no worries

I see us playing them in the 2nd round.

Simple Man
09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Tatum is very good this year. When would you meet them?

Yoe_09
09-21-2010, 07:57 PM
The Region III Finals(quarterfinals) if both us and Tatum win district and both make it that far.

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
I see us playing them in the 2nd round. Dang, that will be a heckuva drive for 2nd wk.

LE Dad
09-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Good luck Buckeyes!!!:clap: :clap:

poisoned10
09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
I've had a change of plans/heart. I will be at the game tonight.

waterboy
09-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
I've had a change of plans/heart. I will be at the game tonight.
:clap: Yay! Can you put me on your update list? I have to be in Cumby where my family will be.

poisoned10
09-24-2010, 12:13 PM
:clap: Yay! Can you put me on your update list? I have to be in Cumby where my family will be.

For sure. PM me your number. Hopefully I can get decent service out there.

waterboy
09-24-2010, 12:20 PM
For sure. PM me your number. Hopefully I can get decent service out there.
Did you lose it? I can text you and it'll be in there. K?

poisoned10
09-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Did you lose it? I can text you and it'll be in there. K?

When I got my iPhone I didn't put everyones number in. Just text me if you still have my number.

waterboy
09-24-2010, 12:40 PM
When I got my iPhone I didn't put everyones number in. Just text me if you still have my number.
Will do. By the way, it's time to update your signature....;)

poisoned10
09-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Will do. By the way, it's time to update your signature....;)

Done!