PDA

View Full Version : It was asked...

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Why every thread containing Prosper or Celina turns into a war of words...

I ask myself the same question and only have to look at what the ADULTS are doing to make the battle rage. In order to appreciate the following I need to explain the geography. There are 3 main South to North arteries that enter into Celina and these all pass directly through Prosper. 90% of all traffic from Celina is heading South toward Dallas. In order to get home each day many from Celina have to drive past these signs that were erected on two of the three access ways....

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/citylimit.jpg

And that was even OK for most until this week when on the 3rd of the access ways and the main North to South thoroughfare did this appear...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/billboard.jpg

Now fundamentally, there is no problem with staking a claim on you turf, or even placing the sign in the direction of travel of your supposed rival. The real problem is that sign is not on your turf! It is located .5 miles inside the Celina border! Clearly American Bank does not need customers from Celina...

So in light of all of this we now have a sign for Prosper...

Wait for it...

Hide the childrens' eyes...

Here it comes...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/celinasign.jpg

How do you spell Inferiority Complex? PROSPER

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 09:45 AM
how is that a complex? Maybe Celina has the complex because Prosper had some success...I truly doubt that the bank knew exactly where the sign is located

JJWalker
09-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze

Those are funny! It is good to stir the pot. I like Prosper more and more.

BullsFan
09-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Personally I like the city limit signs, and I hope Bridgeport would do something similar if the opportunity ever arose. The bank signs are a little more suspect. If a Decatur bank put a similar sign inside the Bridgeport city limits, there would probably be repercussions. And a whole lot of vandalism...

Rocket
Why every thread containing Prosper or Celina turns into a war of words...

I ask myself the same question and only have to look at what the ADULTS are doing to make the battle rage. In order to appreciate the following I need to explain the geography. There are 3 main South to North arteries that enter into Celina and these all pass directly through Prosper. 90% of all traffic from Celina is heading South toward Dallas. In order to get home each day many from Celina have to drive past these signs that were erected on two of the three access ways....

And that was even OK for most until this week when on the 3rd of the access ways and the main North to South thoroughfare did this appear...

Now fundamentally, there is no problem with staking a claim on you turf, or even placing the sign in the direction of travel of your supposed rival. The real problem is that sign is not on your turf! It is located .5 miles inside the Celina border! Clearly American Bank does not need customers from Celina...

So in light of all of this we now have a sign for Prosper...

Wait for it...

Hide the childrens' eyes...

Here it comes...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/celinasign.jpg

How do you spell Inferiority Complex? PROSPER

Class B? LOL

Ok your count is back down to 7...

Pick6
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
how is that a complex? Maybe Celina has the complex because Prosper had some success...

Ding ding ding, we have a winner

Pick6
09-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Class B? LOL

someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that was a tie also.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Personally I like the city limit signs, and I hope Bridgeport would do something similar if the opportunity ever arose. The bank signs are a little more suspect. If a Decatur bank put a similar sign inside the Bridgeport city limits, there would probably be repercussions. And a whole lot of vandalism...

We would put up a city limit sign as well except those big tollway sized signs are real expensive!

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 09:56 AM
how is that a complex? Maybe Celina has the complex because Prosper had some success...I truly doubt that the bank knew exactly where the sign is located

Really? The Celina city limit sign is on the other side of the road 800 yards back. You really think that the bank did not know? I would be concerned for my reputation not to mention the potential for vandalism. I think these things are expensive. We will see if they take it down they made a mistake. I guarantee that their Celina customers will mention it.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that was a tie also.

Yes but by UIL rule at the time they were co champions and at that against one of the best altime class b teams. Lovie Smith is just one man from the team in the nfl.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 10:07 AM

I doubt that. We have been playing people all around us that have had occasional success. We have just had more. Hats off to Prosper for the success the last couple of years. Hats off to Celina for the last 50 years of success. You have to go back to 83 for losing season and then to 67. I think you go back just a few for the Prosper Eagles. See if you can tell the difference. Just do the math.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Class B? LOL

And 7 is how many more than you can claim?

A little research would show that Allen, and SLC were in 1A at the time and both played Celina. Plano had 1 HS and was 4A. Class B = 2-3A today

NastySlot
09-21-2010, 10:12 AM
. Class B = 2-3A today

Don't understand this part....Class B became A didn't it...and each classs bumped up an A.

Right?

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Don't understand this part....Class B became A didn't it...and each classs bumped up an A.

Right?

What I meant was that it is the equivalent of. Take a look at the schools that were B and 1A at the time.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/74.jpg

NastySlot
09-21-2010, 10:21 AM
What I meant was that it is the equivalent of. Take a look at the schools that were B and 1A at the time.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/74.jpg

oh got it.

When I was growing up in the area......all those towns were little frisco, mckinny allen and wylie.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Really? The Celina city limit sign is on the other side of the road 800 yards back. You really think that the bank did not know? I would be concerned for my reputation not to mention the potential for vandalism. I think these things are expensive. We will see if they take it down they made a mistake. I guarantee that their Celina customers will mention it.

I can almost promise you the bank did not know...they are asked to sponsor a sign probably told this sign will be seen as you enter Prosper.

I know believe me deal with media sales every day. I dont think a bank is going to say hey yea lets stick it to another town that we do buisness with on a daily basis

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 10:28 AM
I can almost promise you the bank did not know...they are asked to sponsor a sign probably told this sign will be seen as you enter Prosper.

I know believe me deal with media sales every day. I dont think a bank is going to say hey yea lets stick it to another town that we do buisness with on a daily basis

Probably an expensive error on the banks part as I bet that it will come down in light of the implication. Either that or Plans to annex a portion of Celina.

I don't buy that they did not want to poke the bee hive. Even if the sign was elsewhere, why would you advertise in that manner unless you wanted to make a point.

Add to that the direction that the sign faces, they either wanted to make the Prosper people cheer or the Celina people mad as their really is hardly anything North other than Gunter that would ever even see the sign. My guess is that they think that aggravating Celina people will get them more Prosper customers or their marketing staff are morons.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Probably an expensive error on the banks part as I bet that it will come down in light of the implication. Either that or Plans to annex a portion of Celina.

REALLLY REALLY sdad if someone in Celina is not going to do buisness with a bank because of a sign

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 10:38 AM
This cracks me up. If you live in Celina then why are you driving down Coit by the Middle School where the smaller sign is located? That's not a road that takes you to Celina. As for the bank sign, you guys are nuts if you think it's going to hurt their business. When I walk in that bank every Friday it's got Prosper & Celina checkbook covers, etc. Why would it hurt their business for having a Prosper sign? What's the difference in that and your Celina people supporting Celina? The banks in Prosper supporting Prosper schools. Burger Fixins & Jimbos & Brookshires all support Celina Bobcat football. Do you think Prosper people don't go in those facilities because of that? How old are you people crying about stupid $hit like this? Grow up and get over it. Always crying about something you can't control. Just enjoy your Bobcats.....but do enjoy your drives through the great city of Prosper, we have great signs for your viewing pleasure....

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Eagle2
This cracks me up. If you live in Celina then why are you driving down Coit by the Middle School where the smaller sign is located? That's not a road that takes you to Celina. As for the bank sign, you guys are nuts if you think it's going to hurt their business. When I walk in that bank every Friday it's got Prosper & Celina checkbook covers, etc. Why would it hurt their business for having a Prosper sign? What's the difference in that and your Celina people supporting Celina? The banks in Prosper supporting Prosper schools. Burger Fixins & Jimbos & Brookshires all support Celina Bobcat football. Do you think Prosper people don't go in those facilities because of that? How old are you people crying about stupid $hit like this? Grow up and get over it. Always crying about something you can't control. Just enjoy your Bobcats.....but do enjoy your drives through the great city of Prosper, we have great signs for your viewing pleasure....

If you live in Carter Ranch its typical to go down Coit to get to Walmart or HD on Custer.

We will see, I bet it comes down!

BwdLion73
09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
The Green sign under the city limit sign looks like a state sign? Did the DOT make that sign with tax payer money?:thinking:

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 10:43 AM
If you live in Carter Ranch its typical to go down Coit to get to Walmart or HD on Custer.

We will see, I bet it comes down! It bothers you that much?

d0tc0m
09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
this is ridiculous. although i think it's hilarious for them to erect such things after one year of success, i don't blame them. you can't knock a town for supporting their kids.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 10:49 AM

YOu may think that sounds silly about business but believe me there is always somebody with his or her respective nose out of joint and usually for sillier reasons than even this.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Maybe you should do one of the following:
A) Move out of Carter Ranch and get into Celina
B) Pick a different route
C) Quit crying and deal with it
P.S. - You might stop shopping at wal Mart because I saw a Prosper Eagle shirt in there yesterday.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
P.S. - You might stop shopping at wal Mart because I saw a Prosper Eagle shirt in there yesterday.

Hey I am not knocking Walmart. Where else would people from prosper go to get good high quality goods at a reasonable price. there ain't nothin in Prosper that carries large quantities of goods and such.

Pick6
09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
REALLLY REALLY sdad if someone in Celina is not going to do buisness with a bank because of a sign

Welcome to celina

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
It bothers you that much?

Not really, the irony was the slogan and the location. Had it not said "this is out turf" and then been physically located in Celina itself, I would not have even posted this as the other signs have been up for a couple of years.

I do question what is to be gained by the bank? I guess that they old saying any press is good press is applicable here.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:02 AM

Hey look, you have the same number of posts as we have State Championships! The irony continues...

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 11:05 AM
You say "we" as in YOU won them. Was it 7 or 8 post? I may have tied on one of them...

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 11:15 AM
You say "we" as in YOU won them. Was it 7 or 8 post? I may have tied on one of them...

I would suggest that it is just as fair for a Celina resident to take community pride as it seems to be for Prosper. Or is it only fair for one title teams alone. The hipocracy continues.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Not really, the irony was the slogan and the location. Had it not said "this is out turf" and then been physically located in Celina itself, I would not have even posted this as the other signs have been up for a couple of years.

I do question what is to be gained by the bank? I guess that they old saying any press is good press is applicable here.

or maybe you as a celina fan is having a problem with the success of another town right next to you. The fact YOU know it is .5 miles inside Celina limits shows it bothers you. It is not like it is in the Celina downtown square or anything

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:16 AM

It was 8. You, me, we, whatever I am adopted as long as my kids are suiting up each Friday Night!

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 11:17 AM
or maybe you as a celina fan is having a problem with the success of another town right next to you. The fact YOU know it is .5 miles inside Celina limits shows it bothers you. It is not like it is in the Celina downtown square or anything

IT is in Celina city limits and everybody out there knows that. You just don't. But believe me, Gunter, Pilot Point, Weston, Prosper, Aubrey, and Celina have a clue as to where the city limits are.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
IT is in Celina city limits and everybody out there knows that. You just don't. But believe me, Gunter, Pilot Point, Weston, Prosper, Aubrey, and Celina have a clue as to where the city limits are.

AP#2 4-0 v Not ranked 2-2 I have no problem with their success. Heck, I am just happy to have a thread that I started last for more than a couple of posts. I think I see the formula for the Downlow.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 11:22 AM
AP#2 4-0 v Not ranked 2-2 I have no problem with their success.

then why did u post this thread?

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm going to call Lucy's and ask them to put GO EAGLES on their windows since some Prosper folks come eat at their facility. I'm sure I can get a few of the other businesses to support us as well. Heck I know those real estate guys will. They know how to get some of that Prosper money. This could be fun...

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 11:23 AM
AP#2 4-0 v Not ranked 2-2 I have no problem with their success. Heck, I am just happy to have a thread that I started last for more than a couple of posts. I think I see the formula for the Downlow. Isn't their schedule a little tougher?

gatordaze

See post #1 of this thread for that answer.

BILLYFRED0000

Because it was asked...... in another thread. not a difficult thing to understand unless you have a hard time with somebody shooting straight with you. I know gator and he is a straight shooter...... So are his boys.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm going to call Lucy's and ask them to put GO EAGLES on their windows since some Prosper folks come eat at their facility. I'm sure I can get a few of the other businesses to support us as well. Heck I know those real estate guys will. They know how to get some of that Prosper money. This could be fun...

good luck with that....

DaHop72
09-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Dang Ranger Mom, do you have a picture of that monkey or am I going to look and see if I have it. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Isn't their schedule a little tougher?

A little... 307 to 226 in Massey. Not enough to cut the losses to half. Prosper will probably be 6 4 this year before the playoffs. Bout like our record last year.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gatordaze
[B]AP#2 4-0 v Not ranked 2-2 I have no problem with their success.

I laugh as I go back and hear all the excuses on why Celina was 2 & 2 (or whatever they were last year at this time. When they are down it's one excuse after another but when another school is down the just plain suck. Typical Bob Kitten talk.

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 11:26 AM
A little... 307 to 226 in Massey. Not enough to cut the losses to half. Prosper will probably be 6 4 this year before the playoffs. Bout like our record last year. Is Massey accurate enough this early? I suppose it could be, most haven't started district play, but who knows.

Pick6
09-21-2010, 11:27 AM

Been telling people celina is a cult

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Isn't their schedule a little tougher?

Little is the operative word...

Both played and beat Ranchview
Prestonwood is higher ranked than La Vega
Pilot Point is Higher ranked than Alvaredo
Melissa is lower ranked than Bridgeport who we beat 14-0 in a live qtr scrimmage.

Mathematically 25% tougher. The difference is that we won all of are games handily and they are 1 point away from being 1-3.

What is your misinformed point?

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by gatordaze
[B]AP#2 4-0 v Not ranked 2-2 I have no problem with their success.

I laugh as I go back and hear all the excuses on why Celina was 2 & 2 (or whatever they were last year at this time. When they are down it's one excuse after another but when another school is down the just plain suck. Typical Bob Kitten talk.

I was clear on how good or not we were last year. O line was not as good leadership was not as good and the kids with one or two exceptions just did not seem to be hungry enough. YOu never know with a bunch of teenagers what you are going to get. We had more talent than our record but played right to what we got.

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 11:34 AM
L
What is your misinformed point? That your facetiousness is making TXB's point! lmao pathetic.

wimbo_pro
09-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
The Green sign under the city limit sign looks like a state sign? Did the DOT make that sign with tax payer money?:thinking:

I think us "outsiders" would like to know the answer to this!!!

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Because it was asked...... in another thread. not a difficult thing to understand unless you have a hard time with somebody shooting straight with you. I know gator and he is a straight shooter...... So are his boys.

oh wow the smart ass response now..omg what should I do

how about..if it was asked in THAT thread..answer it in THAT thread..what is the need to start a new thread? It makes CELINA fans look petty

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 11:40 AM
The sign was paid for by Celina tax money. The billboard (in Celina) was paid for by Celina's deposits. We'd like to thank the Bob Kittens for their support of Prosper Eagle football. Keep up the good work...

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Is Massey accurate enough this early? I suppose it could be, most haven't started district play, but who knows.

Its better than nothing and all relative to each other. I am sure it is just statistics.

Seriously, I think that i know why Rocket has so much activity here. I usually post something in depth based upon spreadsheets or research and get absolutely no push back and very few comments. I posted this and I feel like Rocket himself! I have actually riled people outside of the usual suspects (pick 6 and keith 7). It is a proud day for me as I turn a new leaf on the downlow. I am changing my moniker to "inflammatory" as this is so much more fun.

Let me try... Brownwood Sucks and would be nothing had they not recruited Shipleys dad, Keith 7 is a loser, Pick 6 was fired by Celina ISD and he is bent still!

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 11:42 AM
oh wow the smart ass response now..omg what should I do

how about..if it was asked in THAT thread..answer it in THAT thread..what is the need to start a new thread? It makes CELINA fans look petty

Because then by 3a rules we would be hi jacking a thread so the proper thing to do was carry on in another. Please do not think my defense of Gator's character as smart ass. I really leave that to others as I try to keep it more on an even keel. It does sometimes sound harsher in print than it would in person. Something I have never really figured out how to correct. I just try to keep it honest.

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Its better than nothing and all relative to each other. I am sure it is just statistics.

Seriously, I think that i know why Rocket has so much activity here. I usually post something in depth based upon spreadsheets or research and get absolutely no push back and very few comments. I posted this and I feel like Rocket himself! I have actually riled people outside of the usual suspects (pick 6 and keith 7). It is a proud day for me as I turn a new leaf on the downlow. I am changing my moniker to "inflammatory" as this is so much more fun.

Let me try... Brownwood Sucks and would be nothing had they not recruited Shipleys dad, Keith 7 is a loser, Pick 6 was fired by Celina ISD and he is bent still! Perhaps delusions of grandeur based on the accomplishments from someone else's kids, but who's riled? lol It would appear that the location of a sign has YOU riled. But, maybe outside of the Celina bubble that isn't apparent. I could care less. I love the program's success. I think it's a great representation of the importance of football to small communities. Every once in while though you get those people who live vicariously through the sport and it represents a disturbing amount of insecurity by ADULTS.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Because then by 3a rules we would be hi jacking a thread so the proper thing to do was carry on in another.

OH I am calling pure BS on this..we ALL hijack threads everyday on here..this thread was started cause Celina fans are butt hurt about the signs..simple as that...not even saying your wrong for being butt hurt...but to post this thread then claim oh we are just doing it for information is pure cow manure.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:48 AM
That your facetiousness is making TXB's point! lmao pathetic.

Help me on what I was joking about and what TXB point that relates to. Sorry I can usually keep up.

BleedOrange
09-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Typical Prosper arrogance... "get some of that Prosper money". Thank god for that Prosper money, without it the bumpkins from Celina couldn't survive.

This whole thread is silly. That bank and/or the folks of Prosper can put the sign whereever it wants and I personally could care less. We can watch it fade overtime like their short term success in football. Celina can put one in the middle of Prosper if it wants. I am happy to contribute.

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Help me on what I was joking about and what TXB point that relates to. Sorry I can usually keep up.
He reiterated it in case you needed to catch up.

Celina fans are butt hurt about the signs..simple as that...

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by BleedOrange
This whole thread is silly. That bank and/or the folks of Prosper can put the sign whereever it wants and I personally could care less. voice of reason.

A BIG ORANGE SIGN would be hilarous.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by BleedOrange

This whole thread is silly. That bank and/or the folks of Prosper can put the sign whereever it wants and I personally could care less. We can watch it fade overtime like their short term success in football. Celina can put one in the middle of Prosper if it wants. I am happy to contribute. [/B]

GREEN.....IT'S THE NEW ORANGE
Don't act like you haven't seen the shirts from a few years back....:) CLASSIC

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Perhaps delusions of grandeur based on the accomplishments of someone else's kids, but who's riled? lol It would appear that the location of a sign has YOU riled. But, maybe outside of the Celina bubble that isn't apparent. I could care less. I love the program's success. I think it's a great representation of the importance of football to small communities. Every once in while though you get those people who live vicariously through the sport and it represents a disturbing amount of insecurity by ADULTS.

I am more than satisfied with the accomplishments of my own kids on this team. No delusions of anything. In fact you seem to be the one most riled up here.

I think that the location of the sign is purposeful and a bit funny. Kind of like when after the game 2 years ago someone changed the mileage marker coming into Prosper to reflect the score of the game. That was a kids prank and I laughed out loud. The billboard is an expensive big boy prank and my only goal is to contribute to this board an interesting topic. Would you really have preferred that I not?

BleedOrange
09-21-2010, 11:55 AM

You make a slight mistake "GREEN....IT'S THE WANNABE NEW ORANGE".

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I am more than satisfied with the accomplishments of my own kids on this team. No delusions of anything. In fact you seem to be the one most riled up here. LOL okay! :) I suppose I'm disturbed by a Prosper sign in Celina.

I think that the location of the sign is purposeful and a bit funny. Kind of like when after the game 2 years ago someone changed the mileage marker coming into Proser to reflect the score of the game. That was a kids prank and I laughed out loud. The billboard is an expensive big boy prank and my only goal is to contribute to this board an interesting topic. Would you really have preferred that I not? Absolutely not, I love reading them, Celina/Prosper feuds are fun to read when a game is pending. But in a year when it does not, all either side really has is conjecture and bravado. Really sux that a game isn't scheduled.

BleedOrange
09-21-2010, 11:59 AM
LOL okay! :) I suppose I'm disturbed by a Prosper sign in Celina.

Absolutely not, I love reading them, Celina/Prosper feuds are fun to read when a game is pending. But in a year when it does not, all either side really has is conjecture and bravado. Really sux that a game isn't scheduled.

Didn't you hear "Celina is afraid"? Fear in the streets and our football youth are requiring counseling.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Until you beat us you'll be our looking up to us. Not worried about the history, most of those Celina folks have moved on. When is your new generation going to won something?
GREEN.....IT"S THE NEW ORANGE!!!

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Really sux that a game isn't scheduled. [/B]

Lookie there we already agree on something!

BleedOrange
09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Until you beat us you'll be our looking up to us. Not worried about the history, most of those Celina folks have moved on. When is your new generation going to won something?

Unfortunately for you Prosper is already back to looking up at Celina. See every published ranking for your reference. Nice try though. Continue on with your Celina envy.

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Lookie there we already agree on something! Probably agreed all along, not everyone hates Celina, no need to be defensive 24/7 (though I can understand how you all could develop that feeling). You guys have a great program.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 12:05 PM
08 or 07, which is more current? Only thing Prosper looked up at vs Celina over the past 2 years was the score board. Making sure they didn't short it out cause it changed about every other minute...

bobcat4life
09-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Prosper fans dont have any reason to be cocky. The "green is the new orange" and "Celina whos your daddy?.....Prosper" shirts arent anything but classless crap that would be expected of those Southlake wannabes

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Southlake wannabes......Isn't Southlake where you guys got most of your players when you won all those games during that streak? Come on, everyone in Texas knows Celina pulled players. Amazing how every year a ringer would pop up into a rent house. Wow, the new move in just happens to have a son that is a beast. You cry about Prosper's "move ins" when you guys were mostly carried by move ins during your winning ways. Now the move ins have other options beside Celina and it's the reason you can't get back over the hump. Just face the facts, you guys will go 3-4 rounds like Prosper. A god team but not good enough. Just enjoy the signs. I'm headed to Bobcat Kountry for a sandwich. I've got my GREEN....IT"S THE NEW ORANGE shirt on now.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 12:17 PM

Really? Kids move on every year and even so there is more than 1 kid on this team with a SC ring.

The current batch is just as good as those that preceded them and many believe that this offense will set the school record for points.

All of this "time has passed" stuff is ridiculous and anyone that thinks that the first absence in the state championship game in the past 5 years really means Celina is done is just hoping and tired of watching games that they cant play in.

In its existence Prosper had 1 great team and 1 good team that netted them 1 SC. This years team will have a tough time based upon early season performance.

As for Celina, I can tell you that this team believes that they will win a SC this year and that is half the battle. I know because although I do not play for them, I get a double dose of nightly debriefing from those that do which gives me better than average insight into where, what, who and how of Celina than some dude from Prosper that thinks Celina is yesterdays new.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Southlake wannabes......Isn't Southlake where you guys got most of your players when you won all those games during that streak? Come on, everyone in Texas knows Celina pulled players. Amazing how every year a ringer would pop up into a rent house. Wow, the new move in just happens to have a son that is a beast. You cry about Prosper's "move ins" when you guys were mostly carried by move ins during your winning ways. Now the move ins have other options beside Celina and it's the reason you can't get back over the hump. Just face the facts, you guys will go 3-4 rounds like Prosper. A god team but not good enough. Just enjoy the signs. I'm headed to Bobcat Kountry for a sandwich. I've got my GREEN....IT"S THE NEW ORANGE shirt on now.

3-4 rounds like Prosper. 3-4 rounds is the region or semis. Is that the new expectation in Prosper? Wow, better get some Xanax at CVS as you guys are going to be depressed come December.

garciap77
09-21-2010, 12:38 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

bobcat4life
09-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Southlake wannabes......Isn't Southlake where you guys got most of your players when you won all those games during that streak? Come on, everyone in Texas knows Celina pulled players. Amazing how every year a ringer would pop up into a rent house. Wow, the new move in just happens to have a son that is a beast. You cry about Prosper's "move ins" when you guys were mostly carried by move ins during your winning ways. Now the move ins have other options beside Celina and it's the reason you can't get back over the hump. Just face the facts, you guys will go 3-4 rounds like Prosper. A god team but not good enough. Just enjoy the signs. I'm headed to Bobcat Kountry for a sandwich. I've got my GREEN....IT"S THE NEW ORANGE shirt on now. I dont think Celina has ever had a single person from Southlake move here...And we did have a few move ins but few made an impact. The best I can thhink of had family here and moved from Gunter and he still lives here. And no way yall go 4 rounds deep

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 12:47 PM
OH I am calling pure BS on this..we ALL hijack threads everyday on here..this thread was started cause Celina fans are butt hurt about the signs..simple as that...not even saying your wrong for being butt hurt...but to post this thread then claim oh we are just doing it for information is pure cow manure.

I would not prefer to be called a liar by anybody on this board. I stated my reasoning and you do not have to agree with it. But you do not have to resort to name calling.

I just thought it was interesting what some say and what some don't and another thread was a good place to get it going. And you have to admit it is really going. I have not laughed so hard at somethings said in a while. I had to take a break just to catch my breath.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bobcat4life
[B]I dont think Celina has ever had a single person from Southlake move here...And we did have a few move ins but few made an impact. The best I can thhink of had family here and moved from Gunter and he still lives here.

Now that is funny right there...if you're really a bobcat4life you need to go d oa littl more research on some players cause I know plenty that were moved in for football reasons that made a huge impact. Go blow that smoke elsewhere...

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
I would not prefer to be called a liar by anybody on this board. I stated my reasoning and you do not have to agree with it. But you do not have to resort to name calling.

I just thought it was interesting what some say and what some don't and another thread was a good place to get it going. And you have to admit it is really going. I have not laughed so hard at somethings said in a while. I had to take a break just to catch my breath.

hmm where did I call YOU a name?

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I dont think Celina has ever had a single person from Southlake move here...And we did have a few move ins but few made an impact. The best I can thhink of had family here and moved from Gunter and he still lives here. And no way yall go 4 rounds deep

What constitutes a move-in? The only one that I can think of that was during High School was D'Anton Lynn and his dad played for Celina and coached for the Cowboys at the time. Do you think that Butch got his dad a job with Jerry? He did actually move from Florida to Texas for work. Is that a problem?

We have a kid this year that moved back here from Denton I think and another that moved to live with his dad from England. Do those count as move-ins in a bad or cheating way somehow? I don't know. We moved here in 7th grade are my boys move-ins?

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bobcat4life
[B]I dont think Celina has ever had a single person from Southlake move here...And we did have a few move ins but few made an impact. The best I can thhink of had family here and moved from Gunter and he still lives here.

Now that is funny right there...if you're really a bobcat4life you need to go d oa littl more research on some players cause I know plenty that were moved in for football reasons that made a huge impact. Go blow that smoke elsewhere...

Well I am only a Bobcat4Now can you at least tell us what years so that we can look it up?

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 12:56 PM
That discussion is for another thread....:)

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 12:58 PM
That discussion is for another thread....:)

Can you go start it cause I wanna know. I have only been here since the 2005 season. PM with where I should begin to look. I am curious to learn more. I really do not have any experience prior to Butch. He does not come across as the type to cheat.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Butch is a great guy and so is his son Aaron. Try 95 ans see if you had a move in playing in the secondary on that team. He was pretty descent too. You moved to Celina in 2005?

bobcat4life
09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
I consider move-ins to be anyone that made an obvious move for football while already in high school. I cant think of one in the past 5 years. I remember one guy a few years ago but he only lasted a few weeks here
D'anton was not a move in. His dad got a job with the Cowboys and moved to Celina because he went here and wanted te same for his son

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 01:02 PM
hmm where did I call YOU a name?

indirectly calling my reasoning bs is saying I am either lying by intent or misleading by intent. That would be lying in either case. BS is what it is and implies what it implies.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Can you go start it cause I wanna know. I have only been here since the 2005 season. PM with where I should begin to look. I am curious to learn more. I really do not have any experience prior to Butch. He does not come across as the type to cheat.

I think there was some kid from Grapevine that looked into moving here. But he would never play in this system and I think he knew it. I do know that when my oldest graduated the school got letters accusing the prosser boys or the franklin boys(I don't remember which) of being obvious moveins and they had been here forever. Thought that was kind of funny. That was 2002 2003 time frame.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
Butch is a great guy and so is his son Aaron. Try 95 ans see if you had a move in playing in the secondary on that team. He was pretty descent too. You moved to Celina in 2005?

Yes we did. I know the man personally.\

He was a qb at the other school. Played db here. Good football player. Good guy now. GA was the head coach then not butch btw.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:07 PM
indirectly calling my reasoning bs is saying I am either lying by intent or misleading by intent. That would be lying in either case. BS is what it is and implies what it implies.

wait..who started this thread? I thought Gatordaze did? Do you speak for him? You gave why you thought the thread was created..I said BS...unless YOU created the thread you dont know the true intention

so I will stick to my original belief...Celina Butt hurt over sign

if you think I was calling you a liar indirectly..well uhh ok..all I said was the reasoning was BS

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 01:09 PM
wait..who started this thread? I thought Gatordaze did? Do you speak for him? You gave why you thought the thread was created..I said BS...unless YOU created the thread you dont know the true intention

so I will stick to my original belief...Celina Butt hurt over sign

if you think I was calling you a liar indirectly..well uhh ok..all I said was the reasoning was BS

My apologies. I do believe you misconstrued my statement. I said what I thought the reasoning was and you called my statement bs. Not GAtors.

bobcat4life
09-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Butch is a great guy and so is his son Aaron. Try 95 ans see if you had a move in playing in the secondary on that team. He was pretty descent too. You moved to Celina in 2005? Are you talking about Jerrod Martin? I already brought him up. He had family here and lived in Gunter. And he still lives in Celina. I see him all the time around town and his kids go to school here

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:11 PM
My apologies. I do believe you misconstrued my statement. I said what I thought the reasoning was and you called my statement bs. Not GAtors.

i was calling the reasoning bs, not saying you personally was lying

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 01:12 PM
He was a qb at the other school. Played db here. Good football player. Good guy now. GA was the head coach then not butch btw. [/B][/QUOTE]

DING DING DING.....We have a winner. Yep, he didn't play QB cause Gary Don did. that was a good team. Also know the Prossers, they were not football move ins, both good athletes!

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2010, 01:14 PM

...and thats a promise. From BullsFan.

LOL :D

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 01:16 PM

Nope 2007. My boys are Sophomores.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 01:17 PM
i was calling the reasoning bs, not saying you personally was lying
Cool and thanks for the clarification. I still think this is a funny thread. I saw the billboard the other day on my way to work and thought it was funny. They can have that sign if that is "their" turf and welcome to it. Celina takes out a little more turf, mostly in the record books.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
He was a qb at the other school. Played db here. Good football player. Good guy now. GA was the head coach then not butch btw.

DING DING DING.....We have a winner. Yep, he didn't play QB cause Gary Don did. that was a good team. Also know the Prossers, they were not football move ins, both good athletes! [/B][/QUOTE]

YOu should have seen the third one. best of the bunch. PLayed safety but could easily had been starting qb. Good arm. Won a playoff game for us when Seth got a hip pointer and had trouble running.

SintonFan
09-21-2010, 01:19 PM
This should be voted "Thread of the Day".
:clap:
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/spezial/Fool/popc.gif

Gsquared
09-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I cant believe I just read every post and reply etc.. in this thread. Theres four hours of my life that ill never get back.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
7 pages and counting...way to go GATORDAZED

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Cool and thanks for the clarification. I still think this is a funny thread. I saw the billboard the other day on my way to work and thought it was funny. They can have that sign if that is "their" turf and welcome to it. Celina takes out a little more turf, mostly in the record books.

no problem and apologize if you think it was an insult to you

and I agree this is a very funny thread..just wish the Celina fans that let it get under their skin would admit it. No shame in your rival doing something that pisses you off

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 01:32 PM
:doh:

Wow!!!

Rocket
09-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Yes but by UIL rule at the time they were co champions and at that against one of the best altime class b teams. Lovie Smith is just one man from the team in the nfl.

You can't count Class B.

7 State Championships.

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
This is one of the silliest threads I have ever read! Everyone is talking smack to Gatordaze when in truth NONE of you would tolerate a rival putting a sign in your town stating "This is our Turf"!!!! Supporting the other team is one thing but to claim Celina turf as their own is unacceptable and none of you would like it!
I also find it hilarious that Prosper thinks itself the equal of Celina in any way, shape or form! Perhaps in another 20 years if you can continue to compete for a S.C. every season.......

And speaking of move ins: I watched the FSSW High School report and they discussed indepth the Gilmer vs. L.E. game from last week. I was amazed to hear that 3 or 4 of the Gilmer assistant coaches had star players on the Gilmer varsity! Does that seem a little odd to anyone? Me Thinks there might be some creative hiring going on in Gilmer................ just sayin'!

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 01:36 PM
It was a class B tie

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

I was amazed to hear that 3 or 4 of the Gilmer assistant coaches had star players on the Gilmer varsity! Does that seem a little odd to anyone? Me Thinks there might be some creative hiring going on in Gilmer................ just sayin'!

yea darn those coaches for having kids...of course alot of the Gilmer staff has been in place for years but hey why let the truth get in the way of a good juicy rumor

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 01:38 PM
You can't count Class B.

7 State Championships.

Why can't you count Class B? If you have class B enrollment and win a Class B Championship it isn't a bit different than any other classification!

Ranger Mom
09-21-2010, 01:39 PM
You men (and I use that term loosely) make my head hurt!!!:dispntd:

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 01:39 PM
This is one of the silliest threads I have ever read! Everyone is talking smack to Gatordaze when in truth NONE of you would tolerate a rival putting a sign in your town stating "This is our Turf"!!!! Supporting the other team is one thing but to claim Celina turf as their own is unacceptable and none of you would like it!
I also find it hilarious that Prosper thinks itself the equal of Celina in any way, shape or form! Perhaps in another 20 years if you can continue to compete for a S.C. every season.......

And speaking of move ins: I watched the FSSW High School report and they discussed indepth the Gilmer vs. L.E. game from last week. I was amazed to hear that 3 or 4 of the Gilmer assistant coaches had star players on the Gilmer varsity! Does that seem a little odd to anyone? Me Thinks there might be some creative hiring going on in Gilmer................ just sayin'!

Just stick with trying to beat Princeton and Community...LOL

Ranger Mom
09-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Dang Ranger Mom, do you have a picture of that monkey or am I going to look and see if I have it. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Monkey?? What monkey???:confused: :confused:

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 01:41 PM
yea darn those coaches for having kids...of course alot of the Gilmer staff has been in place for years but hey why let the truth get in the way of a good juicy rumor

Are you speculating or do you know what you are talking about?

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:42 PM

btw reason most were talking smack is because he is claiming it DOES NOT BOTHER HIM..so why post it?

I agree with you..mosdt would be bothered..just say yes it bothers me...Celina fans want to pretend Prosper is not good enough to be a rival, and that is fine, but dont get bothered by what they do on one side, then claim on the other side it does not bother them

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Are you speculating or do you know what you are talking about?

I know

like Luke turner..his Dad has been with Traylor since year one( or year 2) at Gilmer...they have not had a ton of turnover staff wise

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Just stick with trying to beat Princeton and Community...LOL

Don't be too quick to insult Eagle2!
Prosper is a couple of move-ins away from being back down to the bottom of the barrel again themselves! And the next realignment that puts them in 4A will effectively make Prosper the "Community" of 4A! Hope you enjoyed the brief moment of success!
The Farmers don't have much but what they do have is home grown!

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
You guys keep saying Prosper is going 4A but it's still a bit away. Some changes are coming in that area so stay tuned. Home grown from Farmersville, is there a reason no one is moving there???

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I know

like Luke turner..his Dad has been with Traylor since year one( or year 2) at Gilmer...they have not had a ton of turnover staff wise

I stand corrected then!

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 01:53 PM
You guys keep saying Prosper is going 4A but it's still a bit away. Some changes are coming in that area so stay tuned. Home grown from Farmersville, is there a reason no one is moving there???

I actually think that if UIL goes 6A it will put Prosper and Celina both in a lower ranged 4A so it will be game on again just in time for my boys Senior year!

PPSTATEBOUND
09-21-2010, 01:54 PM
I actually think that if UIL goes 6A it will put Prosper and Celina both in a lower ranged 4A so it will be game on again just in time for my boys Senior year!

what are the probabilities of the 6A happening.....IYO?

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 01:56 PM
I so hope Prosper & Celina could get in the same classification again soon. I know Prosper has some serious talent coming up in a few years. Their freshman group is very very athletic. Please let this happen!

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
what are the probabilities of the 6A happening.....IYO?

Something has got to be done at the top as the Allen's and Plano's continue to grow with 2500+ per class.

It is ridiculous in Volleyball when you have 2500 girls to find 12. Some great club players cant even make their HS team.

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 01:58 PM
I so hope Prosper & Celina could get in the same classification again soon. I know Prosper has some serious talent coming up in a few years. Their freshman group is very very athletic. Please let this happen!

Ok I will.

BILLYFRED0000
09-21-2010, 02:02 PM
Prosper will be 4a next alignment probably. They have grown alot and are continuing. If not that one then the one following. GAtor is correct. The only way it won't happen is if UIL decides on 6A. I believe the 6A superschool category should be created. DFW and Houston have a lot of big schools.

bobcat4life
09-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I heard Prosper went over 1000 kids on the first day of school this year. Eagle do you have any more info on this?

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 02:11 PM
I honestly haven't heard about that but I can find out. Do wish a lot of these folks go back to where ever the hell they came from. I'll try to investigate this and let you know!

AP Panther Fan
09-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You men (and I use that term loosely) make my head hurt!!!:dispntd:

No kidding! Someone needs to pass around a large bottle of Pamprin.;)

They have so many arguments going on, it is hard to keep up with who is fighting with whom......

:1popcorn:

BullsFan
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
...and thats a promise. From BullsFan.

LOL :D

If a Decatur bank ever placed a sign with a bunch of Eaglets football players with the heading 'This is OUR turf' inside Bridgeport city limits, I would lead the charge. Or at least I'd help get them organized, make sure everyone had their materials, and have everyone take a bathroom break before we started. ;)

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
No kidding! Someone needs to pass around a large bottle of Pamprin.;)

They have so many arguments going on, it is hard to keep up with who is fighting with whom......

:1popcorn:

What? Now you want in...

just kiddin...

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 02:21 PM
If a Decatur bank ever placed a sign with a bunch of Eaglets football players with the heading 'This is OUR turf' inside Bridgeport city limits, I would lead the charge. Or at least I'd help get them organized, make sure everyone had their materials, and have everyone take a bathroom break before we started. ;)

Some folks that live in their little outlying communities just don't get it. At times we need a DMZ...

And yes Booger it does bother me!

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
How about this......if you guys ever beat us again we'll take the sign out of your yard? UNtil then it's up for your viewing pleasure....::eek:

AP Panther Fan
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
What? Now you want in...

just kiddin...

Actually I agree with you on the ORIGINAL topic.

It was a dumb move on the part of the bank. When you serve customers from both communities, it certainly isn't good for public relations (which equates to deposits). It would be interesting to watch them back-paddle though.:cool:

Bruce
09-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Eagle2, changing the subject a little bit, but do you remember when the Eagles beat Collinsville 108 -0 in 8-man football. My good friend Woody Hamby played in that game, he was one very good player. Just checking you out if your a homer from Prosper, just joking. Woody and I went were state playoff team back in those days in baseball.Thanks!

Please take that sign down.

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Bruce
Eagle2, changing the subject a little bit, but do you remember when the Eagles beat Collinsville 108 -0 in 8-man football. My good friend Woody Hamby played in that game, he was one very good player. Just checking you out if your a homer from Prosper, just joking. Woody and I went were state playoff team back in those days in baseball.Thanks!

Please take that sign down.

You don't have to look hard to find out if I'm a homer. I was born and raised in Prosper. My dad grew up in Prosper as well. I may not have witnessed that old day but I've heard plenty about Woody.

Original68
09-21-2010, 02:58 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Definetly agree all Celina people complain when they cant have their way

steved
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
just closed my bank account 10 min ago

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 03:47 PM
For every account you boys close someone in Prosper opens another....:hand:

RPF2666
09-21-2010, 03:53 PM
So, unless you played football for Prosper the last 2 years (making the assumption you did at some point) you know about playing Celina ;)

bobcat4life
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
For every account you boys close someone in Prosper opens another....:hand: someone else just moved there LOL

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Maybe you guys should call American bank and ask them if they'll donate a few hay bails and some spray paint for your signs. Maybe you can drop one off under our billboard.

RPF2666
09-21-2010, 04:18 PM
GREEN...It's the color of ENVY!

Eagle2
09-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Better get us on the schedule cause no matter what either town does you guys are looking up with 2 black eyes from those 2 bitch slaps until you beat us again.:rolleyes:

wimbo_pro
09-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Dayum...now THIS is a Rivalry!!!

bwdlionfan
09-21-2010, 06:36 PM
It was a class B tie

So who won on penetrations?

At best it's a co-championship unless they won on penetrations.

So for now... Celina has 7 sole state championships and one co-championship (in class B)

Displaced Texan
09-21-2010, 06:58 PM

...and David Overstreeet...R.I.P.

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Dayum...now THIS is a Rivalry!!! without a game....lol:D

bwdlionfan
09-21-2010, 07:09 PM

So a co-championship is like 1/2 of a championship?

So... 7 titles in A, AA, AAA
1/2 a title in B

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
So who won on penetrations?

At best it's a co-championship unless they won on penetrations.

So for now... Celina has 7 sole state championships and one co-championship (in class B)

We will just go by the record books if that is ok with you.

Displaced Texan
09-21-2010, 07:19 PM
When is your new generation going to won something?

OK, just curious here but did you happen to go school in California or is all that Prosper education and the money poured into the ISD paying off for you?:confused:

bwdlionfan
09-21-2010, 07:25 PM
We will just go by the record books if that is ok with you.

I am curious as to who won the game statistically... since penetrations, followed by first downs were the tie breakers before overtime.

I've often wondered who won statistically for the first championship game between Cleburne and Houston Heights in 1920. That game ended in a tie also.

CHS_89
09-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
Dayum...now THIS is a Rivalry!!!

Nah, not even close to a rivalry. Celina v. Pilot Point is a storied rivalry. Prosper v. Celina, not so much.

Pendragon13
09-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Good lord, this is almost worse than Sweetwater/Snyder.:hand:

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Better get us on the schedule cause no matter what either town does you guys are looking up with 2 black eyes from those 2 bitch slaps until you beat us again.:rolleyes:

So what you are sayin' is that Argyle should be dropping off their sign in Prosper shortly???? Right?

:devil: :D

ctown
09-22-2010, 08:49 AM

Green is the color of envy. You made a point a few posts back in this thread. You said that when Celina was 2-2 and making excuses that they should have just accepted that they sucked. Well my little green friend, PROSPER IS SUCKING>>>just own up to it. Even the Celina recruit saw it coming and left your sinking ship for a private.

ctown
09-22-2010, 08:54 AM

Here's another great point for Prosper staff stupidity. My understanding is they could have hired a professional athlete with an awesome son who was playing in PEEtown last year but they refused and now dad and son are at Denton Guyer????? Stuh-oooo-pid.

ctown
09-22-2010, 08:57 AM
For every account you boys close someone in Prosper opens another....:hand:

It's the sound of 4A. Cha ching, cha ching. Keep opening those accounts in Prosper from all those new folks.

bowleghorses
09-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by ctown
Here's another great point for Prosper staff stupidity. My understanding is they could have hired a professional athlete with an awesome son who was playing in PEEtown last year but they refused and now dad and son are at Denton Guyer????? Stuh-oooo-pid.

Denton Ryan I think.

bowleghorses
09-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Eagle2...you are cracking me up down here in Louisiana. Keep up the good work.:D

Eagle2
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Green is the color of envy. You made a point a few posts back in this thread. You said that when Celina was 2-2 and making excuses that they should have just accepted that they sucked. Well my little green friend, PROSPER IS SUCKING>>>just own up to it. Even the Celina recruit saw it coming and left your sinking ship for a private.

I've already said numerous times that Prosper stinks this year. You need to pay a little better attention chief. Prosper is way down, 2 & 4 after 6 weeks probably but hey'll be in the playoffs for sure and probably win a game or 2. How do you like your new sign in Celina?

Eagle2
09-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Eagle2...you are cracking me up down here in Louisiana. Keep up the good work.:D

It's all over a sign that they are crying about. A team with their tradition is going public crying about a billboard that is 2 miles from Prosper's HS and over 8 miles from Celina's HS. They claim it's .5 miles into Celina but I know many Prosper people that live north of that sign. I don't know a single Celina person that lives south of that sign. It's comical.....

bowleghorses
09-22-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm gunna put that pic on my desktop before they try to burn it down. LOL:D

gatordaze
09-22-2010, 11:30 AM
It's all over a sign that they are crying about. A team with their tradition is going public crying about a billboard that is 2 miles from Prosper's HS and over 8 miles from Celina's HS. They claim it's .5 miles into Celina but I know many Prosper people that live north of that sign. I don't know a single Celina person that lives south of that sign. It's comical.....

That is semantics and an aberration of zoning that you should be grateful for. One of your best players dad once told me that when he had his house built that he thought that it was in Celina and it was too late once he found out otherwise. The city limit sign is South of the bank sign on the same road and therefore in Celina.

BILLYFRED0000
09-22-2010, 11:46 AM

In point of fact everybody on the north Side of 1461 is in Celina city limit.

Eagle2
09-22-2010, 03:24 PM
In point of fact everybody on the north Side of 1461 is in Celina city limit.

Incorrect. Preston Hills is split up. I shouldn't say incorrect but as for the school district, it's split. Some are Prosper but majority if it is Celina. I think they call Prosper's part Phase I and Phases II & III are Celina.

Eagle2
09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Twelve Oaks is also on north side of 1461....It's 100% Prosper

BILLYFRED0000
09-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Incorrect. Preston Hills is split up. I shouldn't say incorrect but as for the school district, it's split. Some are Prosper but majority if it is Celina. I think they call Prosper's part Phase I and Phases II & III are Celina.

Yes but in the celina city limits. Celina has north of 1461 in city limits but it is partially in Prosper ISD>

bobcat4life
09-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Twelve Oaks is also on north side of 1461....It's 100% Prosper That is farther down 1461 to the east and I think its actually considered Prosper city limits

MamaBull
09-22-2010, 06:30 PM
If a Decatur bank put a similar sign inside the Bridgeport city limits, there would probably be repercussions. And a whole lot of vandalism... amen

FHS 74
09-23-2010, 07:54 AM
WOW!!!!

Just drove by the site of "The Sign". It's gone. Has been replaced with a patriotic American Bank sign. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE CELINA SUPPORTERS ON THE 3ADOWNLOW.

gatordaze
09-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by FHS 74
WOW!!!!

Just drove by the site of "The Sign". It's gone. Has been replaced with a patriotic American Bank sign. DON'T UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE CELINA SUPPORTERS ON THE 3ADOWNLOW.

My work here is done!

ctown
09-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Wow. If gatordaze were playing mortal kombat, he would have received flawless victory. Now all that would be left is to see him pull a fantastic last move and dismember Rocket, strewing his bowels across the screen. :eek: :mad:

gatordaze
09-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Wow. If gatordaze were playing mortal kombat, he would have received flawless victory. Now all that would be left is to see him pull a fantastic last move and dismember Rocket, strewing his bowels across the screen. :eek: :mad:

Nah, just need to now get their SC expunged for the record books!

BILLYFRED0000
09-23-2010, 08:32 AM
What a gas this thread has been. Thanks Gator.......

ctown
09-23-2010, 08:45 AM
Just for the haters who scoffed, we will fire up the lectric playah for a listen to ABBA's Dancing Queen in their honor.

slpybear the bullfan
09-23-2010, 08:46 AM

I have no doubt you would, BullsFan... LOL. And you would hand out the Gold Stars and give us smiley faces because we would do a great job! ;)

gatordaze
09-23-2010, 09:04 AM

This action came just in time. This is a snapshot from last night dress rehearsal...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jayraulerson/torches.jpg

gatordaze
09-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I cant believe I just read every post and reply etc.. in this thread. Theres four hours of my life that ill never get back.

It took you 4 hours? I'm sorry.