PDA

View Full Version : Tivy (4A) QB Manziel switches commitment to....

navscanmaster
09-21-2010, 04:37 AM
The Texas A&M Aggies! A really big pick-up for the Aggies. Had committed to Oregon before attending A&M's last three games. Regardless of who you support, it is good to keep a big Texas talent in state.

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Must have been offered keys to the car after Jerrod's performance this past weekend.

NastySlot
09-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Must have been offered keys to the car after Jerrod's performance this past weekend.

rumor I heard is they will let him play baseball.........he's an incredible baseball player also.................heck he's an incredible athlete...heard if he played basketball he would starter. I know he's a golfer that went out for team last season and if I remember right qualified for regionals.

Pick6
09-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
The Texas A&M Aggies! A really big pick-up for the Aggies. Had committed to Oregon before attending A&M's last three games. Regardless of who you support, it is good to keep a big Texas talent in state.

ugg...i might have to watch more than one aggie game now :(

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
rumor I heard is they will let him play baseball.........he's an incredible baseball player also.................heck he's an incredible athlete...heard if he played basketball he would starter. I know he's a golfer that went out for team last season and if I remember right qualified for regionals. Gotta worry about MLB draft, because if he is good, someone will throw big bucks at him and poof on Ags ever seeing him.

BaseballUmp
09-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Naw if hes this good at football, I think it'd be worth it for him to go to A&M regardless of being drafted or not...not saying he will or won't just a better move imo.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Naw if hes this good at football, I think it'd be worth it for him to go to A&M regardless of being drafted or not...not saying he will or won't just a better move imo.

I think the fact that he is chosing A&M over oregon shows that he is more into baseball at this moment... He would have a lot more fun and a lot more W's at oregon

Matthew328
09-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Maybe he just wants to be closer to home?

Rocket
09-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Sweet..he will have a good seat to watch Jaxon Shipley totally jack his Aggies up.

NastySlot
09-21-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
Sweet..he will have a good seat to watch Jaxon Shipley totally jack his Aggies up.

Jaxson is really good...but usually so are all the other players in DI.

Right know imo... Jaxson Shipley and his teammates are playing the game at a different speed.....and for that matter Manziel is also. These two guys were born to play on the next levels.

NastySlot
09-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Maybe he just wants to be closer to home?

rumor in this area is that is what the selling point was...closer to home.

eagles_victory
09-21-2010, 11:15 AM
The guy goes to Tivy... who would of thought being close to home would be a good selling point

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The guy goes to Tivy... who would of thought being close to home would be a good selling point Tivy fans on the 4A site said it is because they're giving him the opportunity to play baseball. Another pointed out that Oregon has two commits who are taller and as fast or faster than him. Does A&M have any QB commits at this point?

NastySlot
09-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Tivy fans on the 4A site said it is because they're giving him the opportunity to play baseball. Another pointed out that Oregon has two commits who are taller and as fast or faster than him. Does A&M have any QB commits at this point?

i don't think the aggies have very many commits period.

NastySlot
09-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
The guy goes to Tivy... who would of thought being close to home would be a good selling point

he must not have being getting much love from texas schools early cause I believe most of his trips were to west coast schools.

NastySlot
09-21-2010, 01:12 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school_football/Tivy_QB_Manziel_switches_to_AM_103409559.html

navscanmaster
09-21-2010, 08:41 PM
I think the kid will be an exciting player to watch on the field. Kind of reminds me of the Jordan Peterson athleticism and excitement to be on the field, but hopefully, minus the injuries.