PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

CHS_CG
09-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Working for a PD, you have to at some point become somewhat numb to situations you see come through every day, but this is a little different. I am asking yall pray for this little 9 year old boy. He not only has a long road ahead of him to recover from being injuried but he also witnessed his mother dying. He is a very strong little boy. As of right now there is not a lot of extra detail I can release, as it's an on going case, but I will tell you he called his grandmother in Madisonville who alerted the police dept there about the murder.

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/103273779.html

A man has been arrested Monday night accused of killing a College Station mother and severely injuring her 9-year-old son.

45-year-old Stanley Griffin of College Station is in jail charged with murder and injury to a child.

Police aren't saying if the victim and suspect knew each other and have not released a motive for the crime.

Monday evening police arrested 45-year-old Stanley Griffin for the murder of Jennifer Hailey and also charged him with injury to a child with serious bodily injury.

Griffin was a person of interest throughout the day and had been detained as of 5:15 Monday afternoon.

He was also being held on a warrant for violation of his parole.

29-year-old Jennifer Hailey was found dead in her apartment around 5 A.M. in the 2400 block of Perdernales Drive in College Station.

Hailey's 9-year-old son was critically injured and underwent emergency surgery at the Med.

Neighbors we spoke with are still shocked by the events Monday.

"It's awful and completely and truly tragic what has happened and a little scary the thought that it's so close to me. I'm very glad that they got somebody I'm terribly sorry something like that had to happen to such a young woman," said Whitney Sheldon, a neighbor who lives across the street from the victim's apartment.

"We were able to pick him up on that warrant for the parole violation continued the investigation and after he had been detained and was in custody, and were able to get enough information to be able to secure a warrant for his arrest," said Officer Rhonda Seaton, of the College Station Police Department.

Hailey's 9-year-old son is out of surgery, in stable condition, and now recovering in ICU at the College Station Medical Center.

Griffin remains in custody at the College Station Police Department and will be transferred to the Brazos County Jail within 24 hours.

He's no stranger to the law; he's been arrested several times.

The most recent arrest was in 2007 for assault family violence.

Hailey's son is a 3rd grade student at Rock Prairie Elementary.

School officials have their crisis team on standby to assist students--especially those who know the 9-year-old personally.

Previous Story:

College Station police have made an arrest in the murder of a College Station mother.

Stanley Lamar Griffin, 45, is charged with murder and injury to a child with serious bodily injury.

Griffin was originally detained as a person of interest and held on a warrant for a violation of his parole. Detectives were able to obtain additional warrants for Griffin and was then charged.

College Station police responded to a residence in the 2400 block of Pedernales Drive at 5 a.m. Monday morning. Authorities are now investigating a homicide and the suspect is still at large.

29-year-old Jennifer Marie Hailey was found dead according to police, and her nine-year-old son is injured and undergoing surgery at College Station Medical Center. A hospital spokesman says the child is is in critical condition and is expected to survive.

The cause of the death and injuries have not been released.

Pedernales Drive is near San Pedro and Balcones in the Southwood Valley area.

SWMustang
09-21-2010, 07:40 AM
I hope the mother wasn't knowingly consorting with a felon and exposed her kid to this.

AP Panther Fan
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
:(

sad, sad, sad

Thoughts and prayers for that child.