is this a possibility?

orange machine
09-20-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by loco toro
i would love to see this matchup

Its a toss up.

BullsFan
09-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Whoa Nellie...why don't we just worry about the games we actually have to play before we start speculating on games we don't?

(Not to mention that invoking the name of Brownwood can cause ugly things to happen? Haven't you ever seen the movie BeetleJuice? Or Candyman? There are some things you JUST DON'T SAY!!!!):D ;)

Rocket
09-20-2010, 11:16 PM
I would LOVE to see Brownwood educate Bridgeport on the Spread Offense and also show them how to stop it.

loco toro
09-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I would LOVE to see Brownwood educate Bridgeport on the Spread Offense and also show them how to stop it.

henson and co. would spank brownwood against the spread offense,

Rocket
09-20-2010, 11:24 PM
henson and co. would spank brownwood against the spread offense,

LOL yeah...back up your claims...What is Bridgeport ranked again? How is their defense? Not scared.

BaseballUmp
09-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Gaaah, when will you people ever learn???

Rocket
09-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Gaaah, when will you people ever learn???

It's ok to make claims like this...just give me some logical proof of why?

50 yard line fan
09-20-2010, 11:36 PM
The only way I can see Bridgeport beating Brownwood is if you were to look each up in the dictionary.

Bull_Guy
09-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Bridgeport would win for sure. First they gotta kick Alverado in the ass though.

NateDawg39
09-21-2010, 12:08 AM
henson and co. would spank brownwood against the spread offense, That is the funny quote of the week. Henson and Bridgeport are having a great START to the season, but how many of those teams that they beat are top teams? Brownwood is stellar right now and not many teams stand a chance in 3A at this point. B Wood has weaknesses, but it will take a great team to find them. I know Bridgeport will probably go at least 9-1 or 8-2 but they have a big hill to climb to reach the top. Anybody can win a few games and feel invincible, playoffs in Texas show us it takes more than big numbers and big names to win the big one.

Tin Cup
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Natedawg

Can you elaborate on brownwoods weaknesses please

garciap77
09-21-2010, 08:04 AM
i would love to see this matchup

Bridgeport would win this one!:D

garciap77
09-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by BullsFan
Whoa Nellie...why don't we just worry about the games we actually have to play before we start speculating on games we don't?

(Not to mention that invoking the name of Brownwood can cause ugly things to happen? Haven't you ever seen the movie BeetleJuice? Or Candyman? There are some things you JUST DON'T SAY!!!!):D ;)

LOL

garciap77
09-21-2010, 08:06 AM
LOL yeah...back up your claims...What is Bridgeport ranked again? How is their defense? Not scared.

Who cares about rankings!:D

I know you are scared!:D

:p

Bosqueville
09-21-2010, 08:29 AM
I might be wrong, but wouldn't Brownwood and Bridgeport square off in the second round if both were the district champion and both were Division II?

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Bridgeport would win this one!:D :eek: :eek: :eek:

5wide
09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
bwood would hang 70 on springtown, come on this thread should be closed due to how rediculous it is !

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 08:58 AM

Oh I'm just lovin' this....How come your superior spread offense has 1836 yards thru 4 games and Bridgeport has 1934? :D

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
I might be wrong, but wouldn't Brownwood and Bridgeport square off in the second round if both were the district champion and both were Division II?

That is correct.

Tin Cup
09-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Bridgeport is the "kind" of team that could possibly beat Brownwood. They can score a lot of points but the problem with trying to throw on our secondary is INT central. In these games turnovers are critical. I haven't seen very many teams but I have seen Brownwood. If we take care of our own self I just don't see us losing. If we self-destruct we can be beaten on any given night

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
That is the funny quote of the week. Henson and Bridgeport are having a great START to the season, but how many of those teams that they beat are top teams? Brownwood is stellar right now and not many teams stand a chance in 3A at this point. B Wood has weaknesses, but it will take a great team to find them. I know Bridgeport will probably go at least 9-1 or 8-2 but they have a big hill to climb to reach the top. Anybody can win a few games and feel invincible, playoffs in Texas show us it takes more than big numbers and big names to win the big one.

One of the small bumps in our road is 10mi. East...:D

Bosqueville
09-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That is correct.

We could see two 11-0 teams face off! That would draw quite a crowd. I'm thinking in Aledo?? I know, cart before the horse..

Bosqueville
09-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Oh and Bridgeport entered the top 10 today. Nice. :clap:

Rocket
09-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Oh I'm just lovin' this....How come your superior spread offense has 1836 yards thru 4 games and Bridgeport has 1934? :D

Our starters have only played 2.5 games.. LOL And we run the ball when the second team is in...You really don't think Bridgeport is as good as Brownwood do you? LOL

How is your defense Bullaholic? Are your starters having to play the whole game?

Rocket
09-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Oh and Bridgeport entered the top 10 today. Nice. :clap:

About freakin' time...:rolleyes:

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Our starters have only played 2.5 games.. LOL And we run the ball when the second team is in...You really don't think Bridgeport is as good as Brownwood do you? LOL

How is your defense Bullaholic? Are your starters having to play the whole game?

Now why in the world would I have the silly notion of backing my team which is proving itself very well this season? Silly me....:rolleyes:

To answer your questions directly:

1. I don't know how potenially good the Bulls can be this season, and I think Brownwood is a little further along in answering that question right now.

2. The Bull "D" has been very good. They have risen to the occasion every time when called upon with some great defensive stands. The entire Bulls team is very scrappy and yes, dangerous on offense.

OldBison75
09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
I think the biggest weakness that Brownwood will expose later in the year is that thier starters are only playing a little over two quarters per game. As the year progresses and the starters are put in a position of having to play the whole game, they will have conditioned thier bodies to not having to go in the late third and fourth quarters. That can come back to haunt them against some of the better teams that have played hard all game all year.

Bridgeport is capable of putting up alot of offense and I think would have one of the best shots at knocking off Brownwood. This becomes more of a shot if the Lions keep having the kind of games that have happened so far. Yeah, Brownwood will probably put up 40 on Bridgeport, but the Bulls are very capable of matching that against the Lions.

Time will tell.

BEAST
09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
I think the biggest weakness that Brownwood will expose later in the year is that thier starters are only playing a little over two quarters per game. As the year progresses and the starters are put in a position of having to play the whole game, they will have conditioned thier bodies to not having to go in the late third and fourth quarters. That can come back to haunt them against some of the better teams that have played hard all game all year.

Bridgeport is capable of putting up alot of offense and I think would have one of the best shots at knocking off Brownwood. This becomes more of a shot if the Lions keep having the kind of games that have happened so far. Yeah, Brownwood will probably put up 40 on Bridgeport, but the Bulls are very capable of matching that against the Lions.

Time will tell.

I understand what you are saying. However, the one game so far that our starters played well into the 4th quarter, we got stronger and stronger. The game with Stephenville was 14 - 10 us at halftime. It ended up 49 - 16.

BEAST

hollywood
09-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I understand what you are saying. However, the one game so far that our starters played well into the 4th quarter, we got stronger and stronger. The game with Stephenville was 14 - 10 us at halftime. It ended up 49 - 16.

BEAST

+1, and to add, if they only knew the conditioning the players are putting in day in and day out, they would have a different opinion. The Bob Shipley program is starting to see results in his second year!

Brownwood 1836 classy yards. In other words, the Lions are not running up the score. They could easily have 3500-4000 yrds of O if the starters played all 4 qtrs in 3 of the 4 games played.

hollywood
09-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

Time will tell.

I can understand this statement from someone that doesn't know this program. But to assume that the weakness is the starters haven't played all 4 qtrs is very inaccurate. Brownwood's D is the dark horse. The offense is getting so much attention that the defense is being left out of discussion. Teams will find out the hard way. The D hits hard, has great speed, and has 10 INT's in 4 games. Good luck! lol

garciap77
09-21-2010, 11:12 AM
It's ok to make claims like this...just give me some logical proof of why?

Same logic you have been using for the few two years!:D

Tin Cup
09-21-2010, 11:21 AM
While conditioning could be considered a factor, you can also see the flipside, having fresh bodies come playoff time. I think Shipley knows how to manage the team just fine without my expert opinion but I like seeing players rest and others receiving playing time. Even if it's mop-up duty it's still experience for down the road.

Black_Magic
09-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Same logic you have been using for the few two years!:D You believe he uses LOGIC??? Wow. Its not the word I would choose.:rolleyes:

DaHop72
09-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
While conditioning could be considered a factor, you can also see the flipside, having fresh bodies come playoff time. I think Shipley knows how to manage the team just fine without my expert opinion but I like seeing players rest and others receiving playing time. Even if it's mop-up duty it's still experience for down the road. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Dang Tin Cup you better be careful or you will get run out of the Wood with that kind of logical thinking. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Same logic you have been using for the few two years!:D http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g169/srydan/ignored.gif

garciap77
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM

Because Bridgeport is a better team than BW!:D

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Because Bridgeport is a better team than BW!:D

LOL---let the fun begin, G77...

garciap77
09-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Bridgeport is the "kind" of team that could possibly beat Brownwood. They can score a lot of points but the problem with trying to throw on our secondary is INT central. In these games turnovers are critical. I haven't seen very many teams but I have seen Brownwood. If we take care of our own self I just don't see us losing. If we self-destruct we can be beaten on any given night.

:thinking:

;)

BullsFan
09-21-2010, 12:53 PM
So isn't that just a another variation on "the only team that can beat Brownwood is Brownwood"?

garciap77
09-21-2010, 12:55 PM
So isn't that just a another variation on "the only team that can beat Brownwood is Brownwood"?

And they have done that well! I think since 1982!:D

;)

Tin Cup
09-21-2010, 01:01 PM
We will end bridgeports season :cool:

garciap77
09-21-2010, 01:03 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

slpybear the bullfan
09-21-2010, 01:34 PM
http://soundbiteblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/cart-before-horse-2.jpg

Rocket
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Seriously, people...

If both teams come into this game healthy, Brownwood will beat the ever loving danky stomp out of Bridgeport. There will be gasps and awe struck people in the stands from both sides as they watch the glory and greatness that is Brownwood Football...

Black_Magic
09-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Seriously, people...

If both teams come into this game healthy, Brownwood will beat the ever loving danky stomp out of Bridgeport. There will be gasps and awe struck people in the stands from both sides as they watch the glory and greatness that is Brownwood Football... And the sea will part, the hungry shall be fed, and the angels will sing Glory GLory Glory....:rolleyes:

BEAST
09-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
And the sea will part, the hungry shall be fed, and the angels will sing Glory GLory Glory

Precisely!!

BEAST

Rocket
09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
And the sea will part, the hungry shall be fed, and the angels will sing Glory GLory Glory....:rolleyes:

Don't worry, BM.... you will see soon enough.

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Seriously, people...

If both teams come into this game healthy, Brownwood will beat the ever loving danky stomp out of Bridgeport. There will be gasps and awe struck people in the stands from both sides as they watch the glory and greatness that is Brownwood Football...

Can runaway imagination and hyper-euphoria be terminal? I think we may have a good case study here....:D

BEAST
09-21-2010, 02:39 PM
In all honesty, I hate that this game will go down in round 2 action. It seems to have the billing that should be reserved for the Regional Championship.

BEAST

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 02:46 PM
In all honesty, I hate that this game will go down in round 2 action. It seems to have the billing that should be reserved for the Regional Championship.

BEAST

And in all honesty, Beast, slpy's cart before the horse pic expresses it best for both teams. I really do hope that Brownwood and Bridgeport get to meet somewhere along the D2 playoff way---it would be a truly grand show to see. If you only knew the excitement that Bulls fans have been able to experience in nearly every game since 93', you would understand why we appreciate the Bulls games year-in year out, win or lose. Ask some of the fans of other teams who have seen us play when we are are really flyin' and they will tell you. We may not have been the best yet, but I know we are among the most exciting teams to watch.

BullBoy
09-21-2010, 02:51 PM
there's a pretty good chance that this game WILL happen in round 2 of the playoffs. i will most definately be there to support the Bulls and whether we win or lose i know the Bulls will put on one hell of a show as they always do in playoff games!

where would this game possibly take place at when it happens?

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by BullBoy
there's a pretty good chance that this game WILL happen in round 2 of the playoffs. i will most definately be there to support the Bulls and whether we win or lose i know the Bulls will put on one hell of a show as they always do in playoff games!

where would this game possibly take place at when it happens?

Off the top of my head, I would say Stephenville or MW.

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 02:58 PM
And the sea will part, the hungry shall be fed, and the angels will sing Glory GLory Glory....:rolleyes: http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q212/Spec53/Israel/DSCI1053.jpgThey keep trying.:D

Looking4number8
09-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q212/Spec53/Israel/DSCI1053.jpgThey keep trying.:D

Dang LED, if you are gonna waste space with pics and post at least make them cleaver... your just reaching now.

BEAST
09-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Off the top of my head, I would say Stephenville or MW.

I can pretty well guarantee you it will not be in Stephenville. Aledo perhaps?

BEAST

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I can pretty well guarantee you it will not be in Stephenville. Aledo perhaps?

BEAST

Aledo could be a choice, but a lot of fans were turned off by the poor road access to that stadium. Again, long ways to go before/if we can decide.

hollywood
09-21-2010, 03:07 PM

Bridgeport, who's Bridgeport? Never heard of 'em. :rolleyes:

:D

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Dang LED, if you are gonna waste space with pics and post at least make them cleaver... your just reaching now. LOL...I am trying to be nice.:D

LH_Tuff
09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
This whole thread is stupid. 4 weeks into the season and planning the second round of the playoffs? Please. :doh:

BwdLions
09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I guess it's fun to discuss possible playoff matchups (which I agree this would be a great game), but this is way too early for this kind of talk. :doh:

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I guess it's fun to discuss possible playoff matchups (which I agree this would be a great game), but this is way too early for this kind of talk. :doh:

I'm o.k. with it as long as I don't send the wrong message to my fellow posters. I think we are getting to the point of overkill on the Brownwood thing---even in jest. I hope we can get some good multiple team game discussions going with maybe a little humor tossed in along the way.

NateDawg39
09-21-2010, 10:25 PM
Natedawg

Can you elaborate on brownwoods weaknesses please I do not know what they are. All I am saying is that every team has them, and it would take a very well drawn up plan to find them and attack them.

I think that the one weakness they have is....CANDY!!! If we feed them lots of chocolate before the game they will be to tired to play and BAM!!! DOWN GOES B WOOD!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

BEAST
09-21-2010, 10:43 PM
I do not know what they are. All I am saying is that every team has them, and it would take a very well drawn up plan to find them and attack them.

I think that the one weakness they have is....CANDY!!! If we feed them lots of chocolate before the game they will be to tired to play and BAM!!! DOWN GOES B WOOD!!!:devil: :devil: :devil:

Alright then, I know you are very aware of Bridgeport, what are their weaknesses?

BEAST

NateDawg39
09-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Alright then, I know you are very aware of Bridgeport, what are their weaknesses?

BEAST QB pressure...force him to make quick throws and keep him in the pocket all night.

That is just my opinion though

Bullaholic
09-22-2010, 09:04 AM
QB pressure...force him to make quick throws and keep him in the pocket all night.

That is just my opinion though

And in my best "Rocket" voice---"Bring the house and watch our all-world QB and RB kill you with keepers, draws, and screens." :D

How's that for being in character, Nate? :D

5wide
09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
where is mama bull at in this thread??? sure like to hear her point of view! lol

Send_the_House
09-22-2010, 10:03 AM
As a nuetral opinion, I'm not buying into Bridgeport. They haven't beat anyone that's any good. Their blowouts were against horrible teams, i.e. Burkburnett. They barely beat Springtown, which is a bad 4a team, and Prosper is not even close to the Prosper of 08, or even 09.

They will continue to win their games, because they have a weak schedule, and because their pretty good... But, they are NOT world beaters, and I think they should stay ranked down around 20 or so in the state, I feel like thats probably about right.

They cannot beat Brownwood. Maybe 2 out of 10, but not with any regularity.

Bullaholic
09-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Send_the_House
As a nuetral opinion, I'm not buying into Bridgeport. They haven't beat anyone that's any good. Their blowouts were against horrible teams, i.e. Burkburnett. They barely beat Springtown, which is a bad 4a team, and Prosper is not even close to the Prosper of 08, or even 09.

They will continue to win their games, because they have a weak schedule, and because their pretty good... But, they are NOT world beaters, and I think they should stay ranked down around 20 or so in the state, I feel like thats probably about right.

They cannot beat Brownwood. Maybe 2 out of 10, but not with any regularity.

I agree in the main with your post, STH, except in degrees. I think Springtown and Prosper are a little better teams than you stated. We have Alvarado and Graham remaining on the non-district schedule, and both appear to be pretty decent teams. The Bulls district schedule should not be that tough (again, I am saying SHOULD, not assuming anything about anybody). I think the Bulls are as deserving of the No. 10 AP ranking right now as any of the other teams who come to mind. I will never admit that the Bulls cannot beat any team before we play them, including Brownwood. Always good to hear the opinion of somebody from the outside who has no particular ax to grind.

Rocket
09-22-2010, 10:42 AM
And in my best "Rocket" voice---"Bring the house and watch our all-world QB and RB kill you with keepers, draws, and screens." :D

How's that for being in character, Nate? :D

The difference is this....DEFENSE.

A good spread offense with no defense = Brownwood 2008.

Bull Defense won't have an answer...your O Line won't stop the Brownwood Defense. And that is the hard truth. Soon enough...

BullsFan
09-22-2010, 10:56 AM
I agree in the main with your post, STH, except in degrees. I think Springtown and Prosper are a little better teams than you stated. We have Alvarado and Graham remaining on the non-district schedule, and both appear to be pretty decent teams. The Bulls district schedule should not be that tough (again, I am saying SHOULD, not assuming anything about anybody). I think the Bulls are as deserving of the No. 10 AP ranking right now as any of the other teams who come to mind. I will never admit that the Bulls cannot beat any team before we play them, including Brownwood. Always good to hear the opinion of somebody from the outside who has no particular ax to grind.

Shockingly enough, I agree. ;)

Springtown is better than most give them credit for, and even if they weren't, the bulk of their scoring came late in the game after some of our starters had been pulled. And even at that, we beat them by two touchdowns. We did not "barely beat" them.

As for Prosper, the team that played Bridgeport was much improved from the first couple of games. I heard that indirectly from the coach that scouted them. I know they're having an off year and they aren't the caliber of the team that won state, but they are still a more decent team than some here want to acknowledge.

Does that mean Bridgeport could beat Brownwood? Probably not at this point in the season. But the Bulls are scrappy, and they tend to peak later in the year, so I would never count them out from any game. And anyone making judgments on the Bulls based only on what they've read or heard isn't getting the full picture of Bridgeport football.

bwdlionfan
09-22-2010, 11:39 AM

Graham is not that good offensively. We led 37-0 with 8:45 to go in the third and that's when the starters were pulled. It took them 2 1/2 quarters plus some penalties to finally score on our backups. Also, our 2nd string O ran a zone read play the entire second half.

I would be surprised if Bridgeport doesn't beat Graham by as much as we did (30 points).... because we could have won that game by 50. I think the Graham fans that were at the game would agree.

Rocket
09-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Graham is not that good offensively. We led 37-0 with 8:45 to go in the third and that's when the starters were pulled. It took them 2 1/2 quarters plus some penalties to finally score on our backups. Also, our 2nd string O ran a zone read play the entire second half.

I would be surprised if Bridgeport doesn't beat Graham by as much as we did (30 points).... because we could have won that game by 50. I think the Graham fans that were at the game would agree.

I think Wylie would highly disagree with this. LOL

MamaBull
09-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 5wide
where is mama bull at in this thread??? sure like to hear her point of view! lol decatur would lose.

and so would bridgeport. we're not on there level. a win is impossible , they can score at will against anyone, and cant be stopped. the main factor in this game will be defense, bridgeport has it, but from what i hear Bwood can hold most NFL teams to just 100 total yards. they are the best team the world has ever seen. everyone will lose to brownwood.

garciap77
09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by MamaBull
decatur would lose.

and so would bridgeport. we're not on there level. a win is impossible , they can score at will against anyone, and cant be stopped. the main factor in this game will be defense, bridgeport has it, but from what i hear Bwood can hold most NFL teams to just 100 total yards. they are the best team the world has ever seen. everyone will lose to brownwood.

:(

Rocket
09-22-2010, 01:04 PM
decatur would lose.

serious question:

How good is your defense?

MamaBull
09-22-2010, 01:07 PM
serious question:

How good is your defense? i would say a little above average. tackles well, and flys to the ball well.

Rocket
09-22-2010, 01:08 PM
i would say a little above average. tackles well, and flys to the ball well.

How many INT's? Sacks? Has Bport played a good spread team yet that is known for passing the ball?

Bullaholic
09-22-2010, 01:17 PM
i would say a little above average. tackles well, and flys to the ball well.

Plus they are all quick, and all 11 tackle 1-on-1 pretty well in tight as well as in space. and they are about half-mean and serious about what they do.

Rocket
09-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Plus they are all quick, and all 11 tackle 1-on-1 pretty well in tight as well as in space. and they are about half-mean and serious about what they do.

Have they had to stop a team with a good Qb and at least 2 good WR's?

Bullaholic
09-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Have they had to stop a team with a good Qb and at least 2 good WR's?

Nobody yet who had an outstanding thrower and really good WR's. Springtown's were decent but not outstanding. Prosper's QB was a load running, but did not throw that much.

Rocket
09-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Nobody yet who had an outstanding thrower and really good WR's. Springtown's were decent but not outstanding. Prosper's QB was a load running, but did not throw that much.

Ok, so your secondary is basically untested. Good to know. Do you have anybody on the schedule that can throw the ball well?

BullsFan
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Ok, so your secondary is basically untested. Good to know. Do you have anybody on the schedule that can throw the ball well?

Ooops! You got us! You are so clever.

Rocket
09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Ooops! You got us! You are so clever.

It will be a shame if Brownwood is the first team your secondary will have to play against. LOL

Do you have any good spread teams on the schedule?

BullsFan
09-22-2010, 01:49 PM
It will be a shame if Brownwood is the first team your secondary will have to play against. LOL

Do you have any good spread teams on the schedule?

You are correct, sir, but with 6 games left to go plus at least one playoff game, I don't really think it's all that likely that we won't play a single team that passes. And even so, the "secondary untested" "good to know" thing just sounds smarmy. ;)

Rocket
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM
You are correct, sir, but with 6 games left to go plus at least one playoff game, I don't really think it's all that likely that we won't play a single team that passes. And even so, the "secondary untested" "good to know" thing just sounds smarmy. ;)

haha I will watch my tone... (note to self: no smarminess) :rolleyes:

BullsFan
09-22-2010, 01:54 PM
haha I will watch my tone... (note to self: no smarminess) :rolleyes:

Well good luck with that, but I won't be holding my breath... ;)

(All in good fun, and no offense intended. If I had the number one team in the state, I'd probably roll right past smarminess and into unbearable cockiness... :D )

bwdlionfan
09-22-2010, 02:05 PM
I think Wylie would highly disagree with this. LOL

1. Wylie had turnover issues.

2. Wylie isn't that good this year either.

:stirpot:

slpybear the bullfan
09-22-2010, 02:58 PM
decatur would lose.

Except maybe...

http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/meko/images/meko5.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/argentina/images/armada.gif

SOONER09
09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Bridgeport has not faced a team with a good passing Qb or two good receivers. I think we would be in trouble if we faced a team that throws alot with speed at the receiver position.

whatdoiknow?
09-22-2010, 04:06 PM
Every day...in practice.

While it is not in a game, it is not like they haven't seen a passing game before. I have no idea who would win this game. Both teams have very good players and very good coaches who will have the players ready for their next opponent. Brownwood is good and Bridgeport is good but who wins on any given night? I have seen lots of games where the best team did not win.

hollywood
09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
If this were to happen, and it very well could, Bridgeport would have to have an outstanding secondary and line backing core playing behind an outstanding D-line that could put pressure on the QB and be able to stop the run. I haven't seen Bridgeport play this year, but from what I have gathered so far, the Bulls haven't really been tested by a very well balanced attack all season. Sville is a good 4A that lost by 3 points to a good 5A. Everyone knows what the Brownwood/Sville score was. That kind of shows you how good Brownwood is this year.

nobogey72
09-22-2010, 04:34 PM
"MENTAL MASTURBATION" at its finest.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: good lord!!!!!

hollywood
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
:redX: :tisk:

Just stating reality. No hype from me.

LH Panther Mom
09-22-2010, 07:00 PM
What is Bridgeport ranked again?
HAHAHAHA!!!! Rankings????? That's how you base whether a team wins or not? Haven't we had this conversation? :p

Displaced Texan
09-22-2010, 08:20 PM
OK, let's stop with the comparing scores because if you use that James Madison would beat Boise State (and I hope someone does) just because JM beat VT by more than BS beat VT.

I have not had the priveledge to see Brownwood or Bridgeport play but there are so many factors that come into play 8 weeks down the road that it is impossible to speculate. What if it is cold and raining? Neither team has had to experience either yet to my knowledge, maybe some rain but certainly not cold weather.

My knowledge this year of Brownwood is basically based on listening on the internet but from all indications Brownwood's D is as strong as their O is.

Does Bridgeport have a live internet stream? I would enjoy catching some of the broadcast when they play a team that is half way decent just to get a gage on what they bring defensively. Sounds like their O is pretty good but a good O can be slightly off and a good defense can shut them down if the O happens to be one diminsinal or only has one receiver or RB that makes them click.

Brownwood has probably 5 offensive weapons that are game breakers, that will be the difference IMO.

Besides you can't win if you can't outscore the other team and I believe at this point Brownwood can stop Bridgeport more than Bridgeport can stop Brownwood.

Bullaholic
09-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Texan
OK, let's stop with the comparing scores because if you use that James Madison would beat Boise State (and I hope someone does) just because JM beat VT by more than BS beat VT.

I have not had the priveledge to see Brownwood or Bridgeport play but there are so many factors that come into play 8 weeks down the road that it is impossible to speculate. What if it is cold and raining? Neither team has had to experience either yet to my knowledge, maybe some rain but certainly not cold weather.

My knowledge this year of Brownwood is basically based on listening on the internet but from all indications Brownwood's D is as strong as their O is.

Does Bridgeport have a live internet stream? I would enjoy catching some of the broadcast when they play a team that is half way decent just to get a gage on what they bring defensively. Sounds like their O is pretty good but a good O can be slightly off and a good defense can shut them down if the O happens to be one diminsinal or only has one receiver or RB that makes them click.

Brownwood has probably 5 offensive weapons that are game breakers, that will be the difference IMO.

Besides you can't win if you can't outscore the other team and I believe at this point Brownwood can stop Bridgeport more than Bridgeport can stop Brownwood.

DT, the following link is about as close as I can get you right now on some video of the Bulls this season and last. These are just clips and not full game footage, but it might allow you to make some observations. I don't think anyone is streaming the Bulls games on a regular schedule this year. Thanks for your inquiry.

http://www.wcmessenger.com/video/sports.php

slpybear the bullfan
09-22-2010, 08:56 PM
This thread is ridiculous.

Bullaholic
09-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Wildly speculative and premature to say the least, slpy, but I will try to answer legitimate questions about the Bulls, if I can.

Displaced Texan
09-22-2010, 09:15 PM
DT, the following link is about as close as I can get you right now on some video of the Bulls this season and last. These are just clips and not full game footage, but it might allow you to make some observations. I don't think anyone is streaming the Bulls games on a regular schedule this year. Thanks for your inquiry.

http://www.wcmessenger.com/video/sports.php

Legitimate question, is Bridgeport in the white and blue?

IMO, i realize this is just a small sampling of the game but both defenses looked pretty porous.

I've seen more of Brownwood's video and I think Bridgeport may give them a game for about a quarter and a half but Brownwood would pull away and win by 21 to 28 points soley based on what I just watched. 38-14 would be my prediction.

I will save this website and see if more games are shown later in the year. Thanks for the link.

BullsFan
09-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Bridgeport is maroon and white.

The only two video links there that are applicable are Bulls vs. Prosper and Bulls vs. Burkburnett. And those videos are very limited, because obviously a one-and-a-half minute clip can't convey all that happens in a ball game. But if you do watch that Bridgeport/Prosper video, be sure to watch to the end. Prosper pulled one of those lateral/lateral/lateral/lateral desperation plays at the end. It was intense at the time, but pretty funny now. :)

(And their no. 14 was a heck of a player.)

Displaced Texan
09-22-2010, 09:26 PM

Aren't most of the threads on a message boaard?:thinking:

Displaced Texan
09-22-2010, 09:28 PM

The only two video links there that are applicable are Bulls vs. Prosper and Bulls vs. Burkburnett. And those videos are very limited, because obviously a one-and-a-half minute clip can't convey all that happens in a ball game. But if you do watch that Bridgeport/Prosper video, be sure to watch to the end. Prosper pulled one of those lateral/lateral/lateral/lateral desperation plays at the end. It was intense at the time, but pretty funny now. :)

Thanks for the color clarification. I understand on the vids. Hopefully both can meet in the playoffs and end the speculation.

BullsFan
09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Texan
Aren't most of the threads on a message boaard?:thinking:

I think he's referring to how premature it is to start trash talking each other about a game that at this point is little more than speculative. Trash talking about a game you're going to play on Friday is completely different. ;)

slpybear the bullfan
09-22-2010, 09:44 PM
I think he's referring to how premature it is to start trash talking each other about a game that at this point is little more than speculative. Trash talking about a game you're going to play on Friday is completely different. ;)

Any discussion of a Bridgeport - Brownwood game at this point is ridiculous. people who haven't watched an actual game of one or both teams, speculating on post season games in the fifth week of the season = jumped shark

WTF-82
09-22-2010, 10:50 PM

Know!! I know you are sick in the head for sure. Man Henson is a mastermind in this offense with anykind of athletes. It takes Shiply 4-6 years to develop a solid spread offense like that and thats with a couple of Div 1 standouts never seen him do it with anykind of average athlete at high levels. Look at one hit wonder Burnett and now finally at Brownwood with Div 1 receiver. Hey dont smak you have done nothing yet once you win it all then you can run your mouth like that. Those were some serious words there bud.

BwdLions
09-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Know!! I know you are sick in the head for sure. Man Henson is a mastermind in this offense with anykind of athletes. It takes Shiply 4-6 years to develop a solid spread offense like that and thats with a couple of Div 1 standouts never seen him do it with anykind of average athlete at high levels. Look at one hit wonder Burnett and now finally at Brownwood with Div 1 receiver. Hey dont smak you have done nothing yet once you win it all then you can run your mouth like that. Those were some serious words there bud.

I'm not so sure you take this (or most of Rocket says) as "serious." He's the king of conflict on the DownLow. Chill, he's yanking your chain ***-82. No need to get worked up. :cool:

Bullaholic
09-23-2010, 09:17 AM

I agree, BullsFan. Hard to tell much about the Bulls from those short clips, but it was all that I could think of for an interested poster to view readily.

BullsFan
09-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I agree, BullsFan. Hard to tell much about the Bulls from those short clips, but it was all that I could think of for an interested poster to view readily.

I was going to say something about the bias of that particular media, but I decided not to do it.

Ooops....I guess I just did. ;)

garciap77
09-23-2010, 06:25 PM
I was going to say something about the bias of that particular media, but I decided not to do it.

Ooops....I guess I just did. ;)

:D

Rocket
09-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by ***-82

LOL I can't stop laughing at this post.

Hey nummy (short for numbnu**),

Brownwood would beat the ever loving danky dog crap out of Bridgeport. Especially now that they lost to "powerhouse" Alvarado! Who the heck is Henson? The muppet guy? Never ever heard of him.

The spread offense Brownwood runs has produced 19 straight scoring drives for the starting Brownwood offense. Henson hasn't even sniffed that.

First of all, go back to school and take Freshman English so that you can formulate a logical sentence, and second of all, get a clue. Bridgeport is not a factor and their coach may be a great spread offense coach, but he has no weapons to run it. If he did, they MIGHT have beaten Alvarado. LOL

What a joke... Please get a clue..

Oh and our D1 recruit had 2 catches for 9 yards last night and no TDs in our Woodshed smackdown last night over China Spring, who I would say would probably danky stomp the Bulls. LOL

Rocket
09-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by whatdoiknow?
Every day...in practice.

While it is not in a game, it is not like they haven't seen a passing game before. I have no idea who would win this game. Both teams have very good players and very good coaches who will have the players ready for their next opponent. Brownwood is good and Bridgeport is good but who wins on any given night? I have seen lots of games where the best team did not win.

Brownwood is not a good team. They are an outstanding team. Throw that any given night crap out the window, especially against Bridgeport.

BullsFan
09-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Brownwood is not a good team. They are an outstanding team. Throw that any given night crap out the window, especially against Bridgeport.

You just really are incapable of stopping yourself, aren't you?

Rocket
09-25-2010, 11:07 AM
You just really are incapable of stopping yourself, aren't you?

I'm quite capable, just a matter of why and when?

Tin Cup
09-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Please keep in mind that a Bridgeport fan started all this. I'm glad teams think they can beat Brownwood. That's why you play the game. Us Brownwood fans just know what we got and we are loving it.

hollywood
09-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Great post TC. That basically sums it up!

theville
09-25-2010, 12:14 PM
[B

Oh and our D1 recruit had 2 catches for 9 yards last night [/B]

That should say something right there. Cover Jaxon and everything else opens up.

Not being smart, its just what happened.

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Maybe a bit premature, but my pick is Brideport, and unless I am reading something wrong, this thread is now very relevent.

I would warn all Bridgeport players about "cheap shots", Shipley seems to get a little pissed about that kind of thing.

Brownwood by 30+ on this one.

hollywood
11-12-2010, 11:47 AM
I think Bridgeport could actually score more than 24 on us with the spread they run. But still wouldn't be enough outlast the Lions scoring 50+.

Old LB
11-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I just hope the whole turnover and penalty issue gets resolved this week. Eventually we will see a close game and those things lose close games. 88, I love it:D

Bullaholic
11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
I like to speculate with the best of em' folks, but the Bulls have a game to win before I will speculate about BW and the Bulls. I have respect for the West Trojans---they have shown they can play with a good D1 playoff team, Alvarado, that beat the Bulls.

BullsFan
11-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I like to speculate with the best of em' folks, but the Bulls have a game to win before I will speculate about BW and the Bulls. I have respect for the West Trojans---they have shown they can play with a good D1 playoff team, Alvarado, that beat the Bulls.

+1

Rocket
11-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Does it really matter? West and BPort can duke it out to see who gets destroyed next week. Either one will be the Lions' meal. :devil:

Parental discretion is advised...

trojan37
11-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Does it really matter? West and BPort can duke it out to see who gets destroyed next week. Either one will be the Lions' meal. :devil:

Parental discretion is advised... Easy Rocket! Whoever the Wood ends up playing go easy on em, okay?:D

BullsFan
11-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by trojan37
Easy Rocket! Whoever the Wood ends up playing go easy on em, okay?:D

"Go easy"?? That's not in Rocket's vocabulary. If the 3ADL were a game, he would have already been ejected after having had many, MANY unsportsmanlikes thrown his way. ;);):D :D

I fully expect that no matter who wins tonight, next week is going to be a very very long one around here. And I have a bit of a thin skin when it comes to my Bulls. ;)

Rocket
11-12-2010, 01:29 PM
"Go easy"?? That's not in Rocket's vocabulary. If the 3ADL were a game, he would have already been ejected after having had many, MANY unsportsmanlikes thrown his way. ;);):D :D

I fully expect that no matter who wins tonight, next week is going to be a very very long one around here. And I have a bit of a thin skin when it comes to my Bulls. ;)

Haha I'll take it easy on ya as long as you admit Brownwood is going to destroy your team... ;)

loco toro
11-12-2010, 01:33 PM
wish may be granted, a brownwood bridgeport matchup

slpybear the bullfan
11-12-2010, 01:37 PM

Typical DownLow thread;

Joe: "your team sucks, your people suck, your town sucks, our team will stomp you :) we don't even respect you look how great we are because we beat people like your crummy town and terrible players!"

Billy: "wow, so much for class... What a jerk."

Joe: "Hey, it's all in fun, didn't you see my smiley face?"

Repeat ad nauseum.

In other words, a middle school lockerroom for "adults."

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Typical DownLow thread;

Joe: "your team sucks, your people suck, your town sucks, our team will stomp you :) we don't even respect you look how great we are because we beat people like your crummy town and terrible players!"

Billy: "wow, so much for class... What a jerk."

Joe: "Hey, it's all in fun, didn't you see my smiley face?"

Repeat ad nauseum.

In other words, a middle school lockerroom for "adults."

I think you are just butt-hurt cause BEVO, BOSOX, and BOYS all hoover. Just be glad your BULLS are having a good year. :D until next week :D

slpybear the bullfan
11-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I think you are just butt-hurt cause BEVO, BOSOX, and BOYS all hoover. Just be glad your BULLS are having a good year. :D until next week :D

Bad as those BEVO are... they still beat TTU.

Oh, sorry, I was supposed to add :D in there somewhere!

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Bad as those BEVO are... they still beat TTU.

Oh, sorry, I was supposed to add :D in there somewhere!

LOL, I'm just glad my Lions are good. I'm not going to lie about that one bit. :D :D :D

FYI- I hope both of us go to a bowl, but if we don't shape up it won't happen. Until then I guess we live through our hometown teams

slpybear the bullfan
11-12-2010, 02:28 PM
LOL, I'm just glad my Lions are good. I'm not going to lie about that one bit. :D :D :D

FYI- I hope both of us go to a bowl, but if we don't shape up it won't happen. Until then I guess we live through our hometown teams

LOL, this has been a rough year for the Horns and tough to watch. I sure hope they at least make it respectable against OSU and A&M.

RoyceTTU
11-12-2010, 02:31 PM
LOL, this has been a rough year for the Horns and tough to watch. I sure hope they at least make it respectable against OSU and A&M.

Yep, i dont' care how we all do it, but as many as possible XII teams need bowl games. Slipping this year is not an option after last years off-season fiasco with realignment.

BullsFan
11-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Haha I'll take it easy on ya as long as you admit Brownwood is going to destroy your team... ;)

I will freely admit that next week is going to be a VERY difficult game for whoever wins tonight, and that I wish like heck that Brownwood were in another bracket, or still in 4A, or going big school (how the heck did that not happen???), or shoot, in another state. I will also admit that I fully expect that whoever wins next week will go on to win state. Read into that what you will.

It may also be that I'll jump on the Brownwood bandwagon at some point before the state game too. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it....;)

slpybear the bullfan
11-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Yep, i dont' care how we all do it, but as many as possible XII teams need bowl games. Slipping this year is not an option after last years off-season fiasco with realignment.

Yeah, with the fiasco of realignment and the down year of the SEC, it would have been real nice if the big 12 would have been a powerhouse conference this year.

Meh... wasn't to be. Oh well, Hook 'em and here's to teams from the Lone Star state beatin all the furriners!

Rocket
11-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Brownwood to Birdgeport - "Hell's Coming with Me!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKoZD-sFi4)

You called down the thunder, well now you got it!

BEAST
11-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Yes. Greatness. Bridgeport folks y'all wanted this game, now you got it. Before the major smack starts, best of luck, and no injuries. That being said, air up the basketballs.

BEAST

garciap77
11-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Brownwood to Birdgeport - "Hell's Coming with Me!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynKoZD-sFi4)

You called down the thunder, well now you got it!

:eek: :eek: :eek: