PDA

View Full Version : NFL Question

sinfan75
09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Why are the players possibly going on strike next year?

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2010, 08:47 PM
They want a bigger piece of the pie.

TheDOCTORdre
technically they wont, the owners will lock them out

skins4life
Originally posted by sinfan75
Why are the players possibly going on strike next year?

Because they're overpaid cry babies that want more money.. :devil: :devil: :devil:

coach
09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
i hate when ppl call pro's over paid. We are the reason's they are overpaid. And I REALLY HATE when they say an athlete is greedy when they want more money. How many of you have left a company for more money? Thats what they do. Now for the ppl that say, " I have been with the same comapny for 92 years blah, blah, blah..." well so has derek jeter and tom brady and dirk nowitzki

skins4life
09-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
i hate when ppl call pro's over paid. We are the reason's they are overpaid. And I REALLY HATE when they say an athlete is greedy when they want more money. How many of you have left a company for more money? Thats what they do. Now for the ppl that say, " I have been with the same comapny for 92 years blah, blah, blah..." well so has derek jeter and tom brady and dirk nowitzki

Didn't say anything about anyone leaving any team. They're not satisfied with want they have where they're at and are in a contract they can't get out of so they're going to walk out. ;)

TheDOCTORdre
09-20-2010, 08:55 PM

yeah it cracks me up because you never hear these people complain about movie/tv stars being over paid, and yet pro athletes put a whole lot more into their work than these stars do

sinfan75
09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
They want a bigger piece of the pie. That's what I figured. Poor guys need a couple more million in their pockets. :D

sinfan75
09-20-2010, 09:31 PM
i hate when ppl call pro's over paid. We are the reason's they are overpaid. And I REALLY HATE when they say an athlete is greedy when they want more money. How many of you have left a company for more money? Thats what they do. Now for the ppl that say, " I have been with the same comapny for 92 years blah, blah, blah..." well so has derek jeter and tom brady and dirk nowitzki Actually it's the owners who have created these monstrous salaries not the fans. Players go on strike it ain't gonna hurt the fans. that's money they won't have to spend to go to a game. Eventually greed for the bigger pie will lead to the end of pro sports. Owners will say enough is enough. Sometimes unions can strike their way into poverty.

coach
09-20-2010, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75
Actually it's the owners who have created these monstrous salaries not the fans. Players go on strike it ain't gonna hurt the fans. that's money they won't have to spend to go to a game. Eventually greed for the bigger pie will lead to the end of pro sports. Owners will say enough is enough. Sometimes unions can strike their way into poverty.

they create the salaries bc we as fans spend thousands of dollars to see a game and buy jerseys and nachos. if you dont like how much they get paid....dont watch