PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wait A Minute!!

Phil C
09-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Notre Dame may have got rooked in this game. ND has kicked a field goal on their first OT possession and then on 4th and long on their possession Michigan State fakes a field goal and completes a pass for the winning td. But watch it again and pause at exactly the 29th second. You will see the possession clock has run out and the ball has not been snaped. A whistle should have been blown and Michigan State should have been penalized five yards for delay of game. I don't know if it would have changed the outcome of the game but that is what should have happened.

:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctt6L_Ul4SE

BEAST
09-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Notre Dame may have got rooked in this game. ND has kicked a field goal on their first OT possession and then on 4th and long on their possession Michigan State fakes a field goal and completes a pass for the winning td. But watch it again and pause at exactly the 29th second. You will see the possession clock has run out and the ball has not been snaped. A whistle should have been blown and Michigan State should have been penalized five yards for delay of game. I don't know if it would have changed the outcome of the game but that is what should have happened.

Ahhh, the luck of the Irish!!

BEAST

Phil C
09-20-2010, 02:37 PM
:( :confused: :mad:

Phil C
09-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Well maybe a lesson to be learned is that on these long field goals you probably ought to have one of your fast defensive backs (who is also good at open field tackling) stand about 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage in the middle of the field for these type of things.

JasperDog94
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
It looks like ND had 2 guys back there in case of a fake and #45 never even saw the receiver go right by him. His eyes are on the guy that threw the ball and he never even looked back until it was too late.

Deuce
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
It looks like ND had 2 guys back there in case of a fake and #45 never even saw the receiver go right by him. His eyes are on the guy that threw the ball and he never even looked back until it was too late.

Not sure how #45 didnt see him run right by him. Horrible play on ND's side. But it's ND, so what do you expect!

JasperDog94
09-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
Not sure how #45 didnt see him run right by him. Horrible play on ND's side. But it's ND, so what do you expect! Every time Notre Dame loses, an angel gets his wings. :D

BEAST
09-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Well, it was most definately a delay of game that didnt get called.

BEAST

Phil C
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I just realized that there is some foul language in the comments so the mods may want to eliminate the link on my first post. You can still get it at Youtube and on search type in Michigan vs Notre Dame 2010. A shame they put up with that.

coach
09-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

shouldn't this thread title be "wait a second"?

Phil C
09-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by coach
shouldn't this thread title be "wait a second"?

:D

Good one coach!