PDA

View Full Version : Highland Park

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 01:03 PM
I've put a Highland Park appreciation thread up before, and after seeing that the Scots are 3-0 and #7 in the DCTF ranking, I got to take my hat off once again. I think (?- Haven't looked at any long-term records )Brownwood, Celina, and even SLC would have to take a backseat to their long-term excellence.

I'm not a HP fan, but I do appreciate consistent excellence in a program anywhere.

NastySlot
09-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I've put a Highland Park appreciation thread up before, and after seeing that the Scots are 3-0 and #7 in the DCTF ranking, I got to take my hat off once again. I think (?- Haven't looked at any long-term records )Brownwood, Celina, and even SLC would have to take a backseat to their long-term excellence.

I'm not a HP fan, but I do appreciate consistent excellence in a program anywhere.

this ought to get real good.....I'll be watching.

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
:clap:

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM

Oh, no---please don't let it go there...I just wanted to see if anyone else appreciated the high-quality that the Scots have continued to produce in their programs for a lot of years.

NastySlot
09-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh, no---please don't let it go there...I just wanted to see if anyone else appreciated the high-quality that the Scots have continued to produce in their programs for a lot of years.

oh i appreciate it....and also helped to contribute to that hp winning tradition by getting it handed to me and my teammates back in the 80's..........................yes hp has won it share of games and i think the scots along with owls from hondo have won more times than most....but the thing that would seperate those two mentioned programs from slc, celina and brownwood would be the crowns those schools wear....which is more than (i think) the two hp has.

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 01:20 PM
oh i appreciate it....and also helped to contribute to that hp winning tradition by getting it handed to me and my teammates back in the 80's..........................yes hp has won it share of games and i think the scots along with owls from hondo have won more times than most....but the thing that would seperate those two mentioned programs from slc, celina and brownwood would be the crowns those schools wear....which is more than (i think) the two hp has.

I agree, Nasty--they can't compare rings with those schools, but I am applauding their overall consistent excellence over the years. Perhaps having the money to put into the programs, plus the ability of the parents to provide private coaching is a big factor. I know some schools where a lot of the kids are lucky to get 3 meals a day, or even 1, in hard cases.

NastySlot
09-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I agree, Nasty--they can't compare rings with those schools, but I am applauding their overall consistent excellence over the years. Perhaps having the money to put into the programs, plus the ability of the parents to provide private coaching is a big factor. I know some schools where a lot of the kids are lucky to get 3 meals a day, or even 1, in hard cases.

oh i knew what you meant...but some of those posters from two of towns that get real touchy .....might take offense to the word backseat.

i've always admire the plano wildcats...didn't grow in plano...but i always attended wildcat playoffs games....i remember the png and stratford state title games.....and also lamarque and the second stratford game.

i missed the epic comeback against hp(77).....but i saw the epic scot comeback in 81.

i knew what you meant and true the hp program should be applauded. Winning for the parkies goes way back.

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
oh i knew what you meant...but some of those posters from two of towns that get real touchy .....might take offense to the word backseat.

i've always admire the plano wildcats...didn't grow in plano...but i always attended wildcat playoffs games....i remember the png and stratford state title games.....and also lamarque and the second stratford game.

i missed the epic comeback against hp(77).....but i saw the epic scot comeback in 81.

i knew what you meant and true the hp program should be applauded. Winning for the parkies goes way back.

LOL--Let's face it Nasty, there are some posters from a couple of towns who take offense at the term "all-universe" when applied to their team....and I have no problem with it if that is their thing.

Thanks for some good HP history. Again, I wish a lot of kids could enjoy some HP type excellence on both the athletic field and in the classroom.