PDA

View Full Version : Wonder when and if Chapell Hill will

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
break into the AP Top 10. They whipped up on Hallsville after whipping up on a 3A Top 10 that I will fail to mention.

lostaussie
09-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
break into the AP Top 10. They whipped up on Hallsville after whipping up on a 3A Top 10 that I will fail to mention. they did lose to 4a Whitehouse..............do not know exactly what that means. Got a guy that works for me that has a son playing for Chapel Hill..............they are very excited right now. We shall see.

lostaussie
09-20-2010, 12:28 PM
I just noticed Granttttt. Its spelled Chapel:D

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
I just noticed Granttttt. Its spelled Chapel:D
Doh! I mis-spelled WimberlEy in my other post. Im 0 fer 2 today!

LE Dad
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Heck they are just so excited that they are no longer in a district with Gilmer. They probably had another hundred kids come out to play this year.:D :devil:

icu812
09-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Chapel Hill always has good athletes they just don't always play good football. When they put it all together though they can be very good. They also have good numbers (won state in 4A in the 90's). Wouldn't put to much stock in their loss to 4A Whitehouse. That WH offense would be tough for a young team to be ready for early in the season. I'd put Henderson, Pitt, and CH as probably the top 3 in N. ET right now.

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Chapel Hill always has good athletes they just don't always play good football. When they put it all together though they can be very good. They also have good numbers (won state in 4A in the 90's). Wouldn't put to much stock in their loss to 4A Whitehouse. That WH offense would be tough for a young team to be ready for early in the season. I'd put Henderson, Pitt, and CH as probably the top 3 in N. ET right now.
ICU, I was shocked by the Van score Friday. Are you guys down quite a bit from last year or is Crandall pretty good?

icu812
09-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
ICU, I was shocked by the Van score Friday. Are you guys down quite a bit from last year or is Crandall pretty good?

I was shocked as well. Think our boys thought since they beat Brownsboro and Brownsboro smoked Crandall it was gonna be an easy win. Van went right down the field and scored early then let Crandall hang around until they started believing they could win. Crandall got better as the game went on and they outplayed us to get the win. As far as Van being down from last year maybe a little. Don't have the depth we had last year and the secondary is a problem right now. The only way that can be corrected is to play the current QB both ways and play the injured starting QB at corner when he comes back (with his throwing had in a cast). Van can put 11 on the field that can be very good but depth is a problem. They have to play better as there are some good passing QB's in D14 (Canton,Wills Point & Lindale). Just like last year we started the season with a good spread QB only to have him go down with injury. Van just hasn't been a spread team long enough to have developed depth at the QB position. I really don't know what to expect the rest of the season.

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I was shocked as well. Think our boys thought since they beat Brownsboro and Brownsboro smoked Crandall it was gonna be an easy win. Van went right down the field and scored early then let Crandall hang around until they started believing they could win. Crandall got better as the game went on and they outplayed us to get the win. As far as Van being down from last year maybe a little. Don't have the depth we had last year and the secondary is a problem right now. The only way that can be corrected is to play the current QB both ways and play the injured starting QB at corner when he comes back (with his throwing had in a cast). Van can put 11 on the field that can be very good but depth is a problem. They have to play better as there are some good passing QB's in D14 (Canton,Wills Point & Lindale). Just like last year we started the season with a good spread QB only to have him go down with injury. Van just hasn't been a spread team long enough to have developed depth at the QB position. I really don't know what to expect the rest of the season.
Well, sometimes losing a game, especially before district, is just what some teams need. That is a tuff distric QB wise. That Lindale score this past Friday looked pretty good.

LE Dad
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Speaking of Lindale aren't they playing Chapel Hill this Friday? That will be a good game. Lindale can certainly light up the scoreboard.

lostaussie
09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Hallsville smacked Lindale and Chapel Hill smacked Hallsville. Everything points to Lindale getting smacked by Chapel Hill.............not so fast:D Lindale could easily win this one. Should make for a really good game.

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Hallsville smacked Lindale and Chapel Hill smacked Hallsville. Everything points to Lindale getting smacked by Chapel Hill.............not so fast:D Lindale could easily win this one. Should make for a really good game.
Uhhhh, you just confused me really bad. Is this like one of those "Who's on First" kinda things?

Simple Man
09-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Not sure about the top 3 yet. Pitt/Tatum and LE/Henderson will going along way in telling.

lostaussie
09-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Simple Man
Not sure about the top 3 yet. Pitt/Tatum and LE/Henderson will going along way in telling. Pitt/Tatum is intriguing to me. i think we will find out much about the Pirates this week. If LE rolls Henderson we gonna be smiling:D

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 04:09 PM
If LE rolls Henderson we gonna be smiling:D Oh yes we will! :D I am still interested to see how Cathage does when district opens Pitt,Gilmer and Henderson in first 3 weeks... If they come out of that 1-2 it could be an early round ball season.:thinking:

12thMan
09-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Chapel hill also ran all over Carthage! I'll agree, Lindale will be a tough one for CH. I see CH pulling this off.

CH is a good team! I think they like being under the radar.

Simple Man
09-21-2010, 07:42 PM
It doesnt matter in the long run but Pitt and Henderson have played far weaker schedules than Carthage and Gilmer. That being said, they may both put the hammer down on both of those schools.