PDA

View Full Version : The Real Cowboys Problems

coach
09-20-2010, 11:01 AM
1. Penalties- You can blame it on Wade Phillips, but even when they had Parcells they had a problem with it. In all honesty i think part of it is that they are THE DALLAS COWBOYS. Officials look a little harder because of who they are.

2. Jason Garrett- His play calling his laughable. Last week we were driving the ball down Washington's throat then we throw two screen passes to Dez Bryant in a row. What the hell is that all about? Then we get into the red zone and on first down we throw a half back sweep pass. Why? Also, he will get into a great rhythm by running the ball then he will call some weird screen pass that gets stopped for no yards and it completely screws up our rhythm Or we will be throwing the ball down field then he will get creative and run some horrible misdirection draw. In Jason's defense, to all the critics who are complaing the reason we lost was bc we don't run the ball more- How can we run the ball when we are down in the 4th quarter? People always turn to a stat when they lose. "Look at the the running attempts win teams win". Just like last night in the colts game. They will talk about how they run the ball just as much as they throw. Well when you are up by 30 you are going to run the ball every play in the 4th. We no crap they are balanced. So to say passing and running are not equal is the reason why we lose is just not that smart to say.

3. Kicking- both games this year we have missed a field goal which changed the game completely. If we make the one last week instead of going for the win and getting the holding penalty we could have had a game tying field goal. This week we miss one and two plays later we are down ten instead of tied up.

4. Personnel at RB- I really think we should incorporate Felix and Tashard as starters and save Marion for the 2nd half.

And to the moron who blames Romo. Last week he lead his team down the field and won the game despite penalties and no running game. But Alex messed up that one for us. This week he made 2 mistakes. One pass to Witten (who is the most overrated TE in the league) who's effort for the pass was just as bad as Romo's throw. Then there was a swing pass to Tashard that would prob. been a TD. But for you to put the sole blame on him for the loss. lol. The D played awful yesterday. They gave up 3 TD's to JAY CUTLER for crying out loud. And to say Romo has accuracy problems is hysterical considering he is one of the most accurate passers in the game.

With this being said, i really think the NFC east is way down this year so the boys will be fine and will make the playoffs.

Dallas will win their next game. Guarantee!

waterboy
09-20-2010, 11:24 AM
The only thing I disagree with you on, coach, is Dallas winning their next game. They play at Houston ---- the same team that pounded the rock against them in the last preseason game. Schaub tore them a new one passing, too. The Texans will likely win this game making the Cowboys start the season at 0-3.............unless they put it together this week somehow........which, unfortunately, I don't see happening.

GrTigers6
09-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Well I think the cowboys just played basic offense and defense in that preseason game. With no enthusiasm at all. I would love to say they will win but I dont know which team will show.

rojosgirl
09-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Real Problem? JERRY JONES!

:eek:

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by rojosgirl

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

injuredinmelee
09-20-2010, 01:12 PM

I HAVE BEEN PREACHING THAT FOR YEARS AND YEARS!!! BUt I do enjoy watching these people blinded by the hype at the beginning of every season.

eagles_victory
09-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Jerry had won 3 super bowls as an owner sure they were a while back but their are only 2 franchises in their history with more Super Bowl wins than the Boys have with Jerry at the helm.

Ruserious
09-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Dion Sanders said they have an identity crisis. "Are we a passing team, are we a running team?" When I look at it it seems like the O line problems lead to alot of other problems.

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by coach
1. Penalties- You can blame it on Wade Phillips, but even when they had Parcells they had a problem with it. In all honesty i think part of it is that they are THE DALLAS COWBOYS. Officials look a little harder because of who they are.

2. Jason Garrett- His play calling his laughable. Last week we were driving the ball down Washington's throat then we throw two screen passes to Dez Bryant in a row. What the hell is that all about? Then we get into the red zone and on first down we throw a half back sweep pass. Why? Also, he will get into a great rhythm by running the ball then he will call some weird screen pass that gets stopped for no yards and it completely screws up our rhythm Or we will be throwing the ball down field then he will get creative and run some horrible misdirection draw. In Jason's defense, to all the critics who are complaing the reason we lost was bc we don't run the ball more- How can we run the ball when we are down in the 4th quarter? People always turn to a stat when they lose. "Look at the the running attempts win teams win". Just like last night in the colts game. They will talk about how they run the ball just as much as they throw. Well when you are up by 30 you are going to run the ball every play in the 4th. We no crap they are balanced. So to say passing and running are not equal is the reason why we lose is just not that smart to say.

3. Kicking- both games this year we have missed a field goal which changed the game completely. If we make the one last week instead of going for the win and getting the holding penalty we could have had a game tying field goal. This week we miss one and two plays later we are down ten instead of tied up.

4. Personnel at RB- I really think we should incorporate Felix and Tashard as starters and save Marion for the 2nd half.

And to the moron who blames Romo. Last week he lead his team down the field and won the game despite penalties and no running game. But Alex messed up that one for us. This week he made 2 mistakes. One pass to Witten (who is the most overrated TE in the league) who's effort for the pass was just as bad as Romo's throw. Then there was a swing pass to Tashard that would prob. been a TD. But for you to put the sole blame on him for the loss. lol. The D played awful yesterday. They gave up 3 TD's to JAY CUTLER for crying out loud. And to say Romo has accuracy problems is hysterical considering he is one of the most accurate passers in the game.

With this being said, i really think the NFC east is way down this year so the boys will be fine and will make the playoffs.

1. I don't think Dallas gets an abundance of holding or execution type penalties! Most of their penalties are false starts and delay of game type penalties. Those are indications of BIGGER problems.

2. Jason Garrett's play calling made him a genius when the Cowboys executed! That's why he's here and got paid HC type money to stay. All those plays you are bitching about would be great calls if they had worked.

3. Even if the FG kicker was 100% last season the Cowboys would have scored a total of 30 more points on the season. Of course if you picked every single game they lost by 3 or less and missed a FG in it would make your case but the real truth is that if the offense had scored when it was suppose to the missed FG would not have mattered in most of those games! Get this offense fixed and the FG woes have way less impact on the success of this team.

4. I might agree with you on the RB situation. Marion was at his best when he was brought in as a late game back. I say let's do it again.

5. Seriously? The defense gives up 27 points to the #1 rated QB in the NFL this season with a 121.5 QB rating and you are calling them out? Between the turnovers by the offense and the specials teams miscues the Bears had a short field at least 5 times in that game yesterday. The offense scored a total of 10 points and you are seriously blaming the defense? The defense was not good yesterday but really????? I know the Cowboy homers will do basically anything to keep as much blame off Romo as they possibly can but come on!!!! And I really have never seen anyone blame Romo for being the "SOLE" reason the Cowboys lose. But anyone who thinks he isn't at least equally responsible shouldn't be throwing around the "Moron" lable like you did! I'm just sayin'!

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan

5. Seriously? The defense gives up 27 points to the #1 rated QB in the NFL this season with a 121.5 QB rating and you are calling them out? !

The reason he is the leading QB is because of his 136.7 rating agianst Dallas. He had a good game agianst the Lions, he had an EPIC game agianst Dallas

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM

5. Seriously? The defense gives up 27 points to the #1 rated QB in the NFL this season with a 121.5 QB rating and you are calling them out? Between the turnovers by the offense and the specials teams miscues the Bears had a short field at least 5 times in that game yesterday. The offense scored a total of 10 points and you are seriously blaming the defense? The defense was not good yesterday but really????? I know the Cowboy homers will do basically anything to keep as much blame off Romo as they possibly can but come on!!!! And I really have never seen anyone blame Romo for being the "SOLE" reason the Cowboys lose. But anyone who thinks he isn't at least equally responsible shouldn't be throwing around the "Moron" lable like you did! I'm just sayin'!

also..as bad as the O has been..the two ints ( one Romo's fault one Austin's fault) led to two FGs..not the spread of the loss.

And still once again Dallas had drove into FG position for the tying score and it was missed.

You bring up the short field..and I agree..goes back to our old discussion..Dallas D doest not create turnover to give Dallas short fields. Tha hurts in the long run especially when an offense has to drive 60 yards just to get into FG position.

Cowboy_Up
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
The real urgent Cowboy problem is they have to come to H town and face the Texans. I believe this game is a turning point for the Cowboys as I do not believe they can come back and make the playoffs from an 0-3 start...which is right where I think they will be Sun evening.

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The reason he is the leading QB is because of his 136.7 rating agianst Dallas. He had a good game agianst the Lions, he had an EPIC game agianst Dallas

And McNabb has a 91.2 QB rating because of his 63 rating against the Dallas defense! So what is your point?

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 03:13 PM
And McNabb has a 91.2 QB rating because of his 63 rating against the Dallas defense! So what is your point?

my point is the Dallas D was TERRIBLE yesterday agianst an offense that the Lions of all teams had 4 sacks and an int agianst. Dallas the Dominate D got ONE sack no ints.

hollywood
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Cowboys suckin it up right now, no doubt. They need some mojo. It's time to right the Ship(ley) and let a winning team in there. Bring in the LIONS!!!:eek:
On 09/30, a team that is on fire right now will put some mojo back in that house of Jerry's!!! Maybe it'll stick around for the Cowboys to catch some.

:D

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 03:29 PM
also..as bad as the O has been..the two ints ( one Romo's fault one Austin's fault) led to two FGs..not the spread of the loss.

And still once again Dallas had drove into FG position for the tying score and it was missed.

You bring up the short field..and I agree..goes back to our old discussion..Dallas D doest not create turnover to give Dallas short fields. Tha hurts in the long run especially when an offense has to drive 60 yards just to get into FG position.

Yes we have already settled this! The Cowboys average starting field position was just 2 yards farther away than all the other teams in the NFL! It was EASILY overcome by this offense!
The two Int's hurt in more ways than just scoring! Turnovers kill the opponents momentum and it certainly did against Dallas. I have never said that turnovers don't help a team win a game. They can be huge. I have simply said that a offense that leds the NFL in yardage, time of possession, 1st downs, yards per attempt and every other offensive stats should not require turnovers to win! Of course if your offense can't score then you need turnovers! But blaming the lack of turnovers for the offenses lack of scoring is a little ridiculous! Let's fix the offense and we won't even miss the turnovers!

JasperDog94
09-20-2010, 03:31 PM
When you average 1 penalty per possession, sometimes that's all it takes to stop a drive. 1st and 15 or 1st and 20 are totally different than 1st and 10. They are completely undisciplined and that begins with the coaching staff.

Deuce
09-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
When you average 1 penalty per possession, sometimes that's all it takes to stop a drive. 1st and 15 or 1st and 20 are totally different than 1st and 10. They are completely undisciplined and that begins with the coaching staff.

AGREED! Cowboys will always be horrible with Phillips running this team.

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Deuce
AGREED! Cowboys will always be horrible with Phillips running this team.

Dallas was the most penalized team under Parcells as well

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 03:35 PM
my point is the Dallas D was TERRIBLE yesterday agianst an offense that the Lions of all teams had 4 sacks and an int agianst. Dallas the Dominate D got ONE sack no ints.

Nobody has denied this TX!! But you are aware the offense only scored 10 points right????? The same Bears team that gave up 4 sacks and an int to the Lions also allowed the Lions offense to score 14 points. Of course all aspects of the team sucked yesterday (defense included) but the offense has consistently sucked for over a full season now. Yesterday was an anomaly for this defense! If this defense doesn't carry this team again they don't win 5 games this season.

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes we have already settled this! The Cowboys average starting field position was just 2 yards farther away than all the other teams in the NFL! It was EASILY overcome by this offense!
The two Int's hurt in more ways than just scoring! Turnovers kill the opponents momentum and it certainly did against Dallas. I have never said that turnovers don't help a team win a game. They can be huge. I have simply said that a offense that leds the NFL in yardage, time of possession, 1st downs, yards per attempt and every other offensive stats should not require turnovers to win! Of course if your offense can't score then you need turnovers! But blaming the lack of turnovers for the offenses lack of scoring is a little ridiculous! Let's fix the offense and we won't even miss the turnovers!

so when Dallas has a TO it is a killer to their mo( i agree)..but Dallas should not need their D to get the TO's?

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 03:40 PM
but the offense has consistently sucked for over a full season now. Yesterday was an anomaly for this defense! If this defense doesn't carry this team again they don't win 5 games this season.

:rolleyes: ok

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
so when Dallas has a TO it is a killer to their mo( i agree)..but Dallas should not need their D to get the TO's?

Of course Dallas needs the D to get TOs! This offense can't score! You are blaming the lack of scoring on the lack of TOs! That is ridiculous! Of the 14 teams ahead of Dallas in scoring there were 5 of them with a -turnover ratio and only 5 of them had significantly higher turnover ratio.

Dallas was a +2 in turnover ratio and only Green Bay (+24) and Philly (+15) were a lot better.

Saints: +11
Ravens +10

Deuce
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Dallas was the most penalized team under Parcells as well

Well at least Parcells would get in someone's AZZ about it. Phillips just sits on the sideline like he don't know whats going on!

Daddy D 11
09-20-2010, 04:51 PM
the franchise really just needs to move to another state..

GrTigers6
09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Nobody has denied this TX!! But you are aware the offense only scored 10 points right????? The same Bears team that gave up 4 sacks and an int to the Lions also allowed the Lions offense to score 14 points. Of course all aspects of the team sucked yesterday (defense included) but the offense has consistently sucked for over a full season now. Yesterday was an anomaly for this defense! If this defense doesn't carry this team again they don't win 5 games this season. If the offense sucked last year then how did they break records?

Deuce
09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
the franchise really just needs to move to another state..

Get your bait out of the H20. Like that would happen in a million years.

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
Of course Dallas needs the D to get TOs! This offense can't score! You are blaming the lack of scoring on the lack of TOs! That is ridiculous! Of the 14 teams ahead of Dallas in scoring there were 5 of them with a -turnover ratio and only 5 of them had significantly higher turnover ratio.

Dallas was a +2 in turnover ratio and only Green Bay (+24) and Philly (+15) were a lot better.

Saints: +11
Ravens +10

dude...come on Farmer..plus 11 or plus 2..which do you choose?

and take/giveway is not the barometer I am talking about

look at last year..Dallas had 11 ints...GB had 25!..NO 26...

NO with all that offensive fire power also got 5 INT returned for TDS and 3 TDs off of fumble returns.

Dallas needs that on D..has nothing to do with helping the offense

Maroon87
09-20-2010, 05:32 PM
The Cowboys look like they don't prepare very well...that's the main issue I think.

TheDOCTORdre
09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
The Cowboys real problem is the media, the media over hypes them year after year and we eat that shite year after year. If it weren't for the media we wouldn't have such high expectations for the Boys and we would see them for what they are, a pushover for a head coach, an offensive coordinator who wouldn't play call his way out of a paper sack, a quarterback who has the tools to be great but lacks the discipline and the maturity, an aging offensive line, a defensive front 7 that under perform, a 2ndary that is average at best, and diva wide receivers that cant hold onto the ball in clutch situations. With all that being said, the Cowboys rebound to go 10-6 and make the playoffs, only to let us down in the end

GrTigers6
09-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The Cowboys look like they don't prepare very well...that's the main issue I think. I agree 100 percent

eagleqb_14
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM

:eek: :ditto:

eagleqb_14
09-20-2010, 07:25 PM
i can agree with most of that, but jerry and romo are a factor. romo doesnt look like he know what he is doin. they need a leader on the team to get them together and get their heads in the game and get them W. romo isnt the guy

Displaced Texan
09-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Jerry had won 3 super bowls as an owner sure they were a while back but their are only 2 franchises in their history with more Super Bowl wins than the Boys have with Jerry at the helm.

Those Super Bowls were won while Johnson was there and before you go and tell me Switzer won a title. Who's players did he win it with?

That Dallas team had several players at their prime who were difference makers.

Switzer was a drunk that just stayed out of the way.

Jerrry Jones is the reason the Cowboys are in the situation they are in and until he gets a "real" football person in there and goes back to the hills Dallas will be the suckage of the NFL.

coach
09-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
i can agree with most of that, but jerry and romo are a factor. romo doesnt look like he know what he is doin. they need a leader on the team to get them together and get their heads in the game and get them W. romo isnt the guy

talkin outa your butt son. who is available that can do that? romo LED them down the field agains washington....

Displaced Texan
09-20-2010, 07:51 PM
talkin outa your butt son. who is available that can do that? romo LED them down the field agains washington....

Is it actually leading if you end up losing?

I have always heard of leading a team to victory but leading a team to a loss...:doh:

coach
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Texan
Is it actually leading if you end up losing?

I have always heard of leading a team to victory but leading a team to a loss...:doh:

you can still be a leader and lose a game. thats like saying my mom and dad arent leaders bc they made a mistake. Saying romo isnt a leader is just plain stupid. How the hell do you know if he is or isnt. are you in the locker room? i can almost bet if you ask the team 95% say he is.

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM

until he gets a "real" football person in there and goes back to the hills Dallas will be the suckage of the NFL.

u mean like Bill Parcells

coach
09-20-2010, 07:56 PM

IMO parcells set this team back 2 years

Displaced Texan
09-20-2010, 07:59 PM
you can still be a leader and lose a game. thats like saying my mom and dad arent leaders bc they made a mistake. Saying romo isnt a leader is just plain stupid. How the hell do you know if he is or isnt. are you in the locker room? i can almost bet if you ask the team 95% say he is.

Then that may be the real issue with the Cowboys if they count on him to be their leader. He is an adequate NFL quarterback. IMO he is not cabable of leading them to the promised land.

I have no more of a clue as to whether he is a leader but I guess you do oh mighty one. Give me a break...

Displaced Texan
09-20-2010, 08:01 PM
IMO parcells set this team back 2 years

At least 2 years, Parcels was terrible. Wade isn't any better either and I like Phillips but this team is Raideresque in their discipline on the field.

jambo67
09-20-2010, 08:02 PM
"The Cowboys have the most plays from scrimmage on offense in the NFL with the fewest points. They have the most plays from scrimmage on defense without a sack or turnover. They are the only team with a DC and OC and no Headcoach." -The real Norm Hitzges.....

Displaced Texan
09-20-2010, 08:03 PM

I said a real football guy not a has been.:rolleyes:

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 08:08 PM
[B]. IMO he is not cabable of leading them to the promised land.

B]

why not? What moment has he failed in that would have got them to the promise land

Displaced Texan
09-20-2010, 08:19 PM
why not? What moment has he failed in that would have got them to the promise land

LOL...he hasn't been able to get them to the point where they could even sniff where the promised land is.

Will he, I highly doubt it.

That is my opinion.

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 08:20 PM
LOL...he hasn't been able to get them to the point where they could even sniff where the promised land is.

That is my opinion.

ok..then WHY is he unable to? what is the flaw he has? The dude has won, and put up numbers. Maybe the TEAM has not been good enough as a whole to get to the SB.

TheDOCTORdre
09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
ok..then WHY is he unable to? what is the flaw he has? The dude has won, and put up numbers. Maybe the TEAM has not been good enough as a whole to get to the SB.

you give this team to Belichick(sp), Rex Ryan, Tomlin, the Boys have at least 2 Super Bowl appearances

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
you give this team to Belichick(sp), Rex Ryan, Tomlin, the Boys have at least 2 Super Bowl appearances

Really? Tomlin took a team already built and look at the issues he has faced since last year..Ryan has not even taken his won team..and lets not forget the only way the Jets make the play offs last year is because their last two games were agianst teams not playing starters.

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
and speaking of Ryan..his biggest knock? He has no discipline in his locker room

LH Panther Mom
09-20-2010, 08:46 PM

That is my opinion.
You have to understand - TxB has a man-crush on Romo. ;)

TheDOCTORdre
09-20-2010, 08:48 PM
and speaking of Ryan..his biggest knock? He has no discipline in his locker room

how so? what examples do you have of this

sotex
09-20-2010, 09:32 PM
The difference in Rex Ryan and Wade Phillips aka "Grimace" is this last week in practice after their teams made bonehead mistakes in practice. Ryan made the player who made the mistake stand and watch while the other 10 players in his unit had to do pushups. When a Cowboy made a mistake in practice they were sent to the locker room. Jets won, Cowboys still making mistakes in games and still losing.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-20-2010, 11:25 PM

:eek: http://956sports.com/forum/images/smilies/nopityA.gif

Daddy D 11
09-21-2010, 12:35 AM
i agree with whomever said that give this roster to a handful of other coaches in the league and they could win some serious games.

2 years ago I was screaming that the Boys should hire Singletary! For god sakes, the dude already had a home in Dallas, it would have worked perfectly!! Instead he goes to San Fran and instills discipline where there wasn't any and instills a serious attitude adjustment about preparation in the off season and during the week between games and magically they are winning games with a roster that isn't near as talented as the Cowboys. If he can turn that team around into a mild contender imagine what he could do with the Dallas roster. I'm sorry, but if you can't win with this Dallas roster than you really suck as a head coach. And yeah Jason Garrett can somehow get Romo to throw for tons of yards and have a great completion rating, but the son of a bitch can't get Romo or anyone else for that matter to GET THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE.
Last year what was it?? 2nd in total offense and 14th in scoring offense. THAT IS PATHETIC.

I'm not calling for anyones head just yet, because knowing Jerry..heads will start falling soon. But if you want to point to a glaring problem it has got to be the coaching staff as a whole, not any particular coach but just the coaching staff as a whole.

With that said, I see the Texans absolutely waxing the Cowboys up and down the field this weekend. 0-3 here we come!

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:11 AM

2 years ago I was screaming that the Boys should hire Singletary! For god sakes, the dude already had a home in Dallas, it would have worked perfectly!! Instead he goes to San Fran and instills discipline where there wasn't any and instills a serious attitude adjustment about preparation in the off season and during the week between games and magically they are winning games with a roster that isn't near as talented as the Cowboys. If he can turn that team around into a mild contender imagine what he could do with the Dallas roster. !

His coaching sounds alot like Phillips's coaching

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap091410

Daddy D 11
09-21-2010, 01:15 AM
His coaching sounds alot like Phillips's coaching

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap091410

lol, one instance

you can't deny that he has turned the team around and tries to instill a far different attitude than the Cowboys coaching staff seems to push onto their players

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
how so? what examples do you have of this

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=howard/100915

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/jets/2010-09-14-jets-discipline_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

And there are plenty more..Ryan is alot like his dad..known for nring great with the D, but to much frat house in the locker room.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 01:23 AM
lol, one instance

you can't deny that he has turned the team around and tries to instill a far different attitude than the Cowboys coaching staff seems to push onto their players

attitude is great..but come on this smacks of a HC that does not have control of his staff..the SAME thing people roast Phillips about and Singletary gets a pass because of his attitude?

And Phillips at least coaches..Singletary is nothing more than a motivator..which is great if his staff is doing there job, but they are not.

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 08:17 AM
i agree with whomever said that give this roster to a handful of other coaches in the league and they could win some serious games.

2 years ago I was screaming that the Boys should hire Singletary! For god sakes, the dude already had a home in Dallas, it would have worked perfectly!! Instead he goes to San Fran and instills discipline where there wasn't any and instills a serious attitude adjustment about preparation in the off season and during the week between games and magically they are winning games with a roster that isn't near as talented as the Cowboys. If he can turn that team around into a mild contender imagine what he could do with the Dallas roster. I'm sorry, but if you can't win with this Dallas roster than you really suck as a head coach. And yeah Jason Garrett can somehow get Romo to throw for tons of yards and have a great completion rating, but the son of a bitch can't get Romo or anyone else for that matter to GET THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE.
Last year what was it?? 2nd in total offense and 14th in scoring offense. THAT IS PATHETIC.

I'm not calling for anyones head just yet, because knowing Jerry..heads will start falling soon. But if you want to point to a glaring problem it has got to be the coaching staff as a whole, not any particular coach but just the coaching staff as a whole.

With that said, I see the Texans absolutely waxing the Cowboys up and down the field this weekend. 0-3 here we come!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

It finally seems someone has shown up with a little common sense! I have never cared for Parcells but at least he was on his way to building a winner! He was old and out of touch and still light years ahead of Wade "Stillwell Angel" Philips! When you have commentators making comments about receivers show boating after doing nothing and RBs jumping up and prancing after 2 yard gains then there certainly could be a problem there! I loved it when one of the commentators said that because R. Williams jumps up and points downfield for the 1st down every time he makes a catch that maybe he should have jumped and point the OTHER WAY after his fumble!!!!! Does anyone else think that the serious offensive troubles for this team seemed to start when Mario Barber got his big contract and got moved to the starting Running Back spot? Marion started thinking he was a star! We all know that Romo thinks he is a star! This team might be suffering from a bit too much arrogance and not enough "Blue Collar" workers! The starting QB earned his spot and big contract with his feet and now has stopped using them! The starting RB earned his big contract by running over people and he has started thinking he is Barry Sanders! The starting WR had 1 (ONE) good season out of a 5 year career and got a huge contract! The list goes on and on! Maybe Jerry needs to start cutting some people who aren't earning their pay!

pancho villa
09-21-2010, 08:51 AM
The problem with the Cowboys.

1. They play in Dallas!
2. Jerry Jones has stretched out his face and shrunk his brain!
3. To much hype!
4. Lack of coaching!
5. The team is full of a bunch of Kansas City ------s!

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Until Jerry Jones hires a real GM and lets him make coaching and draft decisions Dallas will remain where they are... not a bad team, but not a great team.

Basically both sides of this argument are correct...but it all begins at the GM level.

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
Until Jerry Jones hires a real GM and lets him make coaching and draft decisions Dallas will remain where they are... not a bad team, but not a great team.

Basically both sides of this argument are correct...but it all begins at the GM level.

I will agee with this! but truthfully the Dallas draft has been pretty good the last several years! Quite a few players drafted in later rounds can't even make the rooster here for one reason or another but go on to start on other teams. The Superbowl champs have many Dallas rejects on their starting squad! I don't think it's a problem with draft so much as a problem getting those players to perform!

Ernest T Bass
09-21-2010, 09:33 AM
I think they need to start running the fake onside kick on the kickoff everytime, and starburst on the return. That's what they're missing, right Farmer?

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
I think they need to start running the fake onside kick on the kickoff everytime, and starburst on the return. That's what they're missing, right Farmer?

After posting that thread last week I went to watch Princeton play Quinlan Ford on Friday night and guess what????
Princeton did the fake kickoff thing! In 12 years of watching the Farmers play football I don't remember EVER seeing anyone do this and the week after I mention it I see it from another team! Would you say that was Karma?

Ernest T Bass
09-21-2010, 09:43 AM
It could be interpreted as such. How did QF look?

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
It could be interpreted as such. How did QF look?

QF was ok! I did not see any particular athlete that stood out as a star but they had a lot of hard working players. It was hard to determine if the running game for QF was good or if the defense for Princeton was bad. Ford was able to run at will but didn't appear to have much speed. I certainly wouldn't expect Ford to be a challenge for the big boys in this region!

Macarthur
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM

As someone already said, talent acquisition hasn't really been the issue. If you are going to hammer JJ for his mistakes, you have to give him some credit too. He has given these coaches very good talent to work with.

TheDOCTORdre
09-21-2010, 12:09 PM

that was me:D

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 12:13 PM
After careful and thoughful review I have arrived at a 2 word solution for all of the Dallas Cowboys problems.......Jon Gruden. And I am hearing from highly speculative sources that feelers may be about to be extended in that direction---along with the other 1000+ rumors....:D

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
After careful and thoughful review I have arrived at a 2 word solution for all of the Dallas Cowboys problems.......Jon Gruden. And I am hearing from highly speculative sources that feelers may be about to be extended in that direction---along with the other 1000+ rumors....:D He's terrible with QBs lol.

Wish THE CHIN would consider.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM
After careful and thoughful review I have arrived at a 2 word solution for all of the Dallas Cowboys problems.......Jon Gruden.

why? cause he won a SB with Dungy's talent? What did he do after that? He is supposed to be an offensive genuis, yet his TB teams were pretty bad on offense

That is the problem with finding new staff..IMO there is no one out there except a few who I would say WOW yes lets go get. The rest have flaws just as glaring as Phillips and his staff

I will go back to what I have said for 3 years now..this team is NOT as talented as people claim..they have to many holes at key positions that hinder them.

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 12:20 PM
why? cause he won a SB with Dungy's talent? What did he do after that? He is supposed to be an offensive genuis, yet his TB teams were pretty bad on offense

That is the problem with finding new staff..IMO there is no one out there except a few who I would say WOW yes lets go get. The rest have flaws just as glaring as Phillips and his staff

I will go back to what I have said for 3 years now..this team is NOT as talented as people claim..they have to many holes at key positions that hinder them.

Jon Gruden can supply the kind of "spark" this team needs badly, and as you pointed out, has a great offensive mind which is what the Cowboys are lacking and need the most right now. After listing Gruden do play-by-play I was sold on the way he thinks.

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
As someone already said, talent acquisition hasn't really been the issue. If you are going to hammer JJ for his mistakes, you have to give him some credit too. He has given these coaches very good talent to work with. I don't dispute that there are some talented individuals on the team, but these parts are not making a whole. I don't know if it is the players or the coaching, but the blame has to go to the GM. I am not hammering... just stating my opinion.

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Jon Gruden can supply the kind of "spark" this team needs badly, and as you pointed out, has a great offensive mind which is what the Cowboys are lacking and need the most right now. After listing Gruden do play-by-play I was sold on the way he thinks.

Actually my point was..if Gruden was so amazing on offense why did TB never develop a good offense? I like his personality, but IMO he has not proven anything except he could take a team already ready for a SB run and take them( when the defense was the reason not his offense)

his record after the SB year?

7-9
5-11
11-5
4-12
9-7
9-7

DDBooger
09-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Actually my point was..if Gruden was so amazing on offense why did TB never develop a good offense? I like his personality, but IMO he has not proven anything except he could take a team already ready for a SB run and take them( when the defense was the reason not his offense)

7-9
5-11
11-5
4-12
9-7
9-7 Along with a merry-go-round of QBs. He never found one he was comfortable with.

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 12:32 PM

7-9
5-11
11-5
4-12
9-7
9-7

Can't argue the record, TXB, but I really get a strong good gut feeling with the possibility of Gruden as HC of the Cowboys. I know that is pretty thin, but sometimes intuition can be a good thing. I think Gruden is tough enough to make the demands on the players and strong-willed enough to keep Jerry on his side of the line.

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 12:54 PM

Although I don't care much for Gruden either, he did win a Superbowl witha lot LESS talent than the Cowboys have had for several years now! And he never came close to this talent after that first season. And you keep stating the Cowboys aren't as talented as people claim even though it flys in the face of popular opinion! I think the ex-players and ex-coaches from the NFL would know a little bit better than you what talent is or isn't! And for the 2nd year in a row and 3 out of the last 4 years Dallas is in the top 5 best odds of winning a Superbowl in Vegas. (#2 this year). Of course you are entitled to your opinion but your opinion is not shared by most people who work in the industry that is the NFL! I heard at least a dozen times on Sunday from respectable people on TV how this Dallas team has a history of under achieving and not living up to their talent!

I wish with all my heart that Bill Cowher could be hired to take over this team! If not him then a young tough guy like Singletary who isn't afraid to knock some heads! The re-treads in the NFL like Parcells, Shannahan and Gruden are living on their past and I don't think they would do Dallas much good.

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Although I don't care much for Gruden either, he did win a Superbowl witha lot LESS talent than the Cowboys have had for several years now! And he never came close to this talent after that first season. And you keep stating the Cowboys aren't as talented as people claim even though it flys in the face of popular opinion! I think the ex-players and ex-coaches from the NFL would know a little bit better than you what talent is or isn't! And for the 2nd year in a row and 3 out of the last 4 years Dallas is in the top 5 best odds of winning a Superbowl in Vegas. (#2 this year). Of course you are entitled to your opinion but your opinion is not shared by most people who work in the industry that is the NFL! I heard at least a dozen times on Sunday from respectable people on TV how this Dallas team has a history of under achieving and not living up to their talent!

I wish with all my heart that Bill Cowher could be hired to take over this team! If not him then a young tough guy like Singletary who isn't afraid to knock some heads! The re-treads in the NFL like Parcells, Shannahan and Gruden are living on their past and I don't think they would do Dallas much good. I agree.

Macarthur
09-21-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't dispute that there are some talented individuals on the team, but these parts are not making a whole. I don't know if it is the players or the coaching, but the blame has to go to the GM. I am not hammering... just stating my opinion.

It's the GMs job to acquire talent. It's the coaches job to mesh that into a team.

And I'm not a Gruden fan. I think he is vastly overrated. I hate how everyone thinks because he has a mean looking snear all the time, he must be a tough guy. Give me a break. I think he's so transperent it's not even funny. And after listening to him on TV the past 2 seasons, it's quite clear he has done nothing but audition for every team. Notice when you listen to him how every player is great; every organization is great, everyone is GREAT!

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
It's the GMs job to acquire talent. It's the coaches job to mesh that into a team.

And I'm not a Gruden fan. I think he is vastly overrated. I hate how everyone thinks because he has a mean looking snear all the time, he must be a tough guy. Give me a break. I think he's so transperent it's not even funny. And after listening to him on TV the past 2 seasons, it's quite clear he has done nothing but audition for every team. Notice when you listen to him how every player is great; every organization is great, everyone is GREAT!

I completely agree!

Ernest T Bass
09-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Nah, they need some fake onside kick in their life.

Farmersfan
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Nah, they need some fake onside kick in their life.

That's just fluff and showsmanship!!!!! nobody needs that!!!!

Txbroadcaster
09-21-2010, 02:40 PM
That's just fluff and showsmanship!!!!! nobody needs that!!!!

sadly they kind of tried one lol

buff4ever
09-22-2010, 07:50 AM
I think the cowboys better find a way to beat the texans or their real problems will just start to grow in numbers. The media will start to pull them apart.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I think the cowboys better find a way to beat the texans or their real problems will just start to grow in numbers. The media will start to pull them apart.

If they lose to the Texans and start this season 0-3 doesn't Jerry have to do something right away? He must make a statement of some kind to get the players and coaches attention! If it were me and this team lost on Sunday and the offense still can't score I would fire Jason Garrett right after the game. I would put Wade Philips on notice AND let all the player know they are also on notice! I for one am damn tired of the excuses and the underachieveing by these players and coaches! I would rather they cleaned house and started from scratch than to watch these older players infect the younger players with whatever attitude poison they might have that is causing this constant poor execution!

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 08:33 AM
If they lose to the Texans and start this season 0-3 doesn't Jerry have to do something right away? He must make a statement of some kind to get the players and coaches attention! If it were me and this team lost on Sunday and the offense still can't score I would fire Jason Garrett right after the game. I would put Wade Philips on notice AND let all the player know they are also on notice! I for one am damn tired of the excuses and the underachieveing by these players and coaches! I would rather they cleaned house and started from scratch than to watch these older players infect the younger players with whatever attitude poison they might have that is causing this constant poor execution!

then who becomes OC?...and also hate to say it but Jones LOVES Garrett, I think we all know he is next in line to be HC.

Michael Lombardi was on the ticket and he brought up a good point..at what point does Hudson Houck bear the blame for OL problems. As much as we complain about Garrett do you blame him for going away from the run when the RB is getting hit in the backfield almost every play?

Ernest T Bass
09-22-2010, 08:53 AM
then who becomes OC

Jerry takes over as HC, Garrett remains OC.

eagles_victory
09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Everyone wanted Flozell gone now look at the o-line.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by eagles_victory
Everyone wanted Flozell gone now look at the o-line. [/QUOTE

flozell being gone is not the issue imo...Free has been good..the problem is injuries and age. Dallas has got to improve the youth and depth along the line

Macarthur
09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Flozell being gone is not the issue imo...Free has been good..the problem is injuries and age. Dallas has got to improve the youth and depth along the line

Free def has been their best lineman.

I think the problem is that they are asking guys to do things that are not in their skill set. Geroude and Davis are not good at pulling and/or getting to the second level. They are big and strong. they are at their best when they just fire off lock onto the player in front of them and drive. Notice we had three good runs right off tackle with Barber. We put Felix in and went wide trying to pull guys and we got dropped for a loss. I think we just line up in an I formation and ram the ball between the tackles, and then throw play action off those.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 01:17 PM
then who becomes OC?...and also hate to say it but Jones LOVES Garrett, I think we all know he is next in line to be HC.

Michael Lombardi was on the ticket and he brought up a good point..at what point does Hudson Houck bear the blame for OL problems. As much as we complain about Garrett do you blame him for going away from the run when the RB is getting hit in the backfield almost every play?

I would ask M. Lombardi how the Redskins and Bears managed to win when their average yards per carry was not any better than the Cowboys!

Redskins: 3.9 Yards per carry vs. the Cowboys
Cowboys: 4.7 Yards per carry vs. the Redskins

Bears: 2.0 yards per carry vs. the Cowboys
Cowboys: 1.8 yards per carry vs. the Bears

Dallas dominated both these opponents in almost every single category and still lost. The only two categories that they have not dominated in is scoring and turnovers. Your comments about turnovers might be prophetic and certainly was a problem in the Bears game but based on statistics they have essentually played their opponents to a stalemate in the turnover battle for the past year! Yet the scoring woes continue! I don't think it's the O-line! Of course getting a All-Pro offensive line will certainly help but the Dallas opponents manage to score enough points to beat us with poor o-lines so I don't have a problem expecting Dallas to score points regardless of how bad we all think their line is. Just some thoughts!

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 01:23 PM
I would ask M. Lombardi how the Redskins and Bears managed to win when their average yards per carry was not any better than the Cowboys!

Redskins: 3.9 Yards per carry vs. the Cowboys
Cowboys: 4.7 Yards per carry vs. the Redskins

Bears: 2.0 yards per carry vs. the Cowboys
Cowboys: 1.8 yards per carry vs. the Bears

Dallas dominated both these opponents in almost every single category and still lost. The only two categories that they have not dominated in is scoring and turnovers. Your comments about turnovers might be prophetic and certainly was a problem in the Bears game but based on statistics they have essentually played their opponents to a stalemate in the turnover battle for the past year! Yet the scoring woes continue! I don't think it's the O-line! Of course getting a All-Pro offensive line will certainly help but the Dallas opponents manage to score enough points to beat us with poor o-lines so I don't have a problem expecting Dallas to score points regardless of how bad we all think their line is. Just some thoughts!

Well the Skins did not beat Dallas with O..beat them because Dallas made TWO stupid plays

and Chicago beat Dallas with the passing game..made Dallas D look foolish by carving them up.

All that does not matter..Dallas's O is supposed to be built on the running game..if it is not working the rest of the O will struggle.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Here are the offensive lines in the NFL ranked from oldest.

Giants: 30.4
Cowboys: 30.2
Patriots: 29.8
Packers: 29.6
Steelers: 29.6

All these teams are pretty good teams that are expected to have success! Depth is certainly an issue but that is a issue with every team! If we blame the Dallas struggles on age or depth then aren't we just coming up with more excuses?

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 01:45 PM

All these teams are pretty good teams that are expected to have success! Depth is certainly an issue but that is a issue with every team! If we blame the Dallas struggles on age or depth then aren't we just coming up with more excuses?

Then explain why you think Dallas is not scoring...if a team has a problem I dont consider it an excuse

Dallas O-Line ages

Columbo 32
Koiser 32
Davis 32
Gurode 31
Free 26

So basically one player brings the age down.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Well the Skins did not beat Dallas with O..beat them because Dallas made TWO stupid plays

and Chicago beat Dallas with the passing game..made Dallas D look foolish by carving them up.

All that does not matter..Dallas's O is supposed to be built on the running game..if it is not working the rest of the O will struggle.

Chicago: Dallas:

1st downs: 14 23
by pass: 10 17
3rd down eff: 1/11 9% 6/13 46%
Total yards: 308 410
Net Passing yrds: 270 374

It appears to me DALLAS carved up the Bears defense worst!!!

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Chicago: Dallas:

1st downs: 14 23
by pass: 10 17
3rd down eff: 1/11 9% 6/13 46%
Total yards: 308 410
Net Passing yrds: 270 374

It appears to me DALLAS carved up the Bears defense worst!!!

difference is..Dallas is not supposed to give up 27 points to Chicago..the Cowboys are supposed to have a dominate D

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Then explain why you think Dallas is not scoring...if a team has a problem I dont consider it an excuse

Dallas O-Line ages

Columbo 32
Koiser 32
Davis 32
Gurode 31
Free 26

So basically one player brings the age down.

Macarthur
09-22-2010, 02:03 PM
No question their guys have some age, but I don't think they've lost their game completely.

I think the issue more than anything is that Garrett seems to call plays that go against their strengths. Geroude and DAvis' strength is locking onto guys and drive blocking. They don't excel at pulling and getting to the 2nd level. I think what they need to do is have these big old dudes lock onto the guy in front of them and just drive block. Now, Free and Kosier can move a little so if you want to sweep to that side some, that's fine.

What we need this offseason is a true center.

I like Wisniewski from Penn St. I think we have to go OL or S for the first pick. And then the other position with the 2nd.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
difference is..Dallas is not supposed to give up 27 points to Chicago..the Cowboys are supposed to have a dominate D

So the defense gives up 27 points to the Bears and the offense scores only 10 points in a loss and it's the defenses fault?

And when the defense gives up only 6 points to the Redskins and the offense doesn't score enough it is also the defenses fault?

You are funny! I know you want to shield Romo in any way you can but you don't have to play this game of blaming the defense for an obvious offensive flaw. Of course the defense looked bad in the Bears game! Any defense would with 5 short field situations to overcome due to 3 offensive turnovers and 2 bad special teams plays!

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
No question their guys have some age, but I don't think they've lost their game completely.

I think the issue more than anything is that Garrett seems to call plays that go against their strengths. Geroude and DAvis' strength is locking onto guys and drive blocking. They don't excel at pulling and getting to the 2nd level. I think what they need to do is have these big old dudes lock onto the guy in front of them and just drive block. Now, Free and Kosier can move a little so if you want to sweep to that side some, that's fine.

What we need this offseason is a true center.

I like Wisniewski from Penn St. I think we have to go OL or S for the first pick. And then the other position with the 2nd.

Andre Gurode was the NFC representative at Center in the Pro Bowl last year!

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM

again..u have one 26 year old bringing down the age of the line..this Dallas line is older

now like Mac said I dont think their ability is gone 100% I think they are being asked to many times to do things they are not best at.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Andre Gurode was the NFC representative at Center in the Pro Bowl last year!

In fact, this offensive line that everyone is belittling so badly had 4 (FOUR) Pro Bowlers in 2009!

Flozell Adams
Leonard Davis
Andre Gurode
Jason Witten

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 02:20 PM
again..u have one 26 year old bringing down the age of the line..this Dallas line is older

now like Mac said I dont think their ability is gone 100% I think they are being asked to many times to do things they are not best at.

So if this O-line has 1 young player bringing down the average and the other teams are younger then wouldn't that mean THEY must have 1 """"REALLY"""" old player bringing up their average?????

You so crazy!!!! :D

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 02:26 PM
So the defense gives up 27 points to the Bears and the offense scores only 10 points in a loss and it's the defenses fault?

And when the defense gives up only 6 points to the Redskins and the offense doesn't score enough it is also the defenses fault?

You are funny! I know you want to shield Romo in any way you can but you don't have to play this game of blaming the defense for an obvious offensive flaw. Of course the defense looked bad in the Bears game! Any defense would with 5 short field situations to overcome due to 3 offensive turnovers and 2 bad special teams plays!

Lets see..i dont think in any of this I have said one thing about Romo...no duh the offense has struggled I dont think I have said otherwise..but agianst the bears 20 points shouldhave been enough with the Dallas D

now wait..u claim the Dallas D does not have to get turnovers..yet use the fact that the bears had short fields because of turnovers

and I said this since last year..the Dallas D is terrible at making the big stop..Washington drives down and gets a FG last week that if the Dallas D stops them Dallas is driving for a FG to tie TD to win situation

Last week every time Dallas got the lead, the Bears on the VERY NEXT DRIVE retook the lead.

You can claim I shield Romo, but are you not doing the exact same for the Defense?

If this defense was to be dominate it has to make the key stops and create turnovers

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Pariot starters:

LT Matt Light (72) 32 years,
LG Dan Connolly (63) 28 years,
C Dan Koppen (67) 31 years,
RG Stephen Neal (61) 33 years
RT Nick Kaczur (77) 31 years

Giants Starters:

T Diehl 30
G Seubert 31
C OHara 33
G Snee 28
T McKenzie 31

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 02:38 PM
So if this O-line has 1 young player bringing down the average and the other teams are younger then wouldn't that mean THEY must have 1 """"REALLY"""" old player bringing up their average?????

You so crazy!!!! :D

Well funny you should say that GB

ages

Pitt

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Pariot starters:

LT Matt Light (72) 32 years,
LG Dan Connolly (63) 28 years,
C Dan Koppen (67) 31 years,
RG Stephen Neal (61) 33 years
RT Nick Kaczur (77) 31 years

Giants Starters:

T Diehl 30
G Seubert 31
C OHara 33
G Snee 28
T McKenzie 31

Vollmer starts for NE at tackle right?

Macarthur
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
In fact, this offensive line that everyone is belittling so badly had 4 (FOUR) Pro Bowlers in 2009!

Flozell Adams
Leonard Davis
Andre Gurode
Jason Witten

Gurode had an awful year last year as did Davis. These guys have made the pro bowl the last year or two based on their reputation. Go listen to Brian Broadus on ESPN talk about how awful L. Davis was last week. Gurode just might be the only center in the NFL that doesn't make his own line calls. Kosier does! He repeatedly misses snap counts.

Gurode is powerful. He could move over and play guard for another year or two, but we need to get a pure center in the draft this year.

piratebg
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
There are too many things not going right for the Cowboys right now. It starts with the coaching staff, in my opinion. Practices, game preparation, motivation, play calling, game/player management, drafting....it all starts at the top. They can win with what they have but they won't until serious changes.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Lets see..i dont think in any of this I have said one thing about Romo...no duh the offense has struggled I dont think I have said otherwise..but agianst the bears 20 points shouldhave been enough with the Dallas D

now wait..u claim the Dallas D does not have to get turnovers..yet use the fact that the bears had short fields because of turnovers

and I said this since last year..the Dallas D is terrible at making the big stop..Washington drives down and gets a FG last week that if the Dallas D stops them Dallas is driving for a FG to tie TD to win situation

Last week every time Dallas got the lead, the Bears on the VERY NEXT DRIVE retook the lead.

You can claim I shield Romo, but are you not doing the exact same for the Defense?

If this defense was to be dominate it has to make the key stops and create turnovers

You keep saying these things but they make no sense! Perhaps the Dallas D did give up points after every Dallas offensive score last year! But the FACT still remains they gave up fewer points than any other team in the league!!!!! So apparently those were the ONLY points they were giving up. Is it your contention that IF the offense had scored more the defense would have given up more??????

And nobody ever said the D was dominate. They shouldn't need to be dominate if the O would care their own weight. Actually they more than carried their own weight in every category except scoring! (Last year, not so far this year)

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
You keep saying these things but they make no sense! Perhaps the Dallas D did give up points after every Dallas offensive score last year! But the FACT still remains they gave up fewer points than any other team in the league!!!!! So apparently those were the ONLY points they were giving up. Is it your contention that IF the offense had scored more the defense would have given up more??????

And nobody ever said the D was dominate. They shouldn't need to be dominate if the O would care their own weight. Actually they more than carried their own weight in every category except scoring! (Last year, not so far this year)

I am sorry but how do they not make sense?

Jay Ratliff said the same thing..The defense is not making the stops when needed most.

You can throw out stats all you but anyone knows football( and I think you do) knows there are key moments in games that good defenses must step up. This D so far this year, and even last year does not do that. That is something they have to improve on.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
So lets lay it on the table Farmer

you dont blame the OL...you dont blame Garrett

So your belief is that 100% Romo is the reason this team cant run the ball and cant score?

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
There are too many things not going right for the Cowboys right now. It starts with the coaching staff, in my opinion. Practices, game preparation, motivation, play calling, game/player management, drafting....it all starts at the top. They can win with what they have but they won't until serious changes.

I think this might be right on! If this team could start getting some "Luck" or have some good things happen they could easily get on a roll! But in my opinion the makeup of this team pervents them from having sustained good play because a little success creates a lot of arrogance in these current players! That's why they beat the crap out of the Saints late in the season last year with some really good football and then go into Minny and look like they have never played a down of football. They got big headed and felt they had a destiny! They went from "Blue Collar" to "White collar" in a matter of a few weeks. Just my opinion.

Ruserious
09-22-2010, 03:03 PM
The best coaches that produce consistant wins seem to have a good combination of practice and game prep coaching and GAME SITUATION COACHING. I dont see the game-winning situational coaching on the Cowboy staff and I think this is where JJ interferes. I bet it is a factor agaist the TEXANS.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I am sorry but how do they not make sense?

Jay Ratliff said the same thing..The defense is not making the stops when needed most.

You can throw out stats all you but anyone knows football( and I think you do) knows there are key moments in games that good defenses must step up. This D so far this year, and even last year does not do that. That is something they have to improve on.

So how do they improve on it? Are you expecting them to allow only 7 (SEVEN) points per game average? If they make any more stops than they already do then they would not allow ANY points!
And I do know there are moments in games that a good defense must step up! This defense DID most of the time! They were #2 in the ENTIRE NFL in fewest points allowed. They were in the top 5 in fewest TOTAL YARDS allowed in the entire NFL! How else can they step up? Of course turnovers would help but that is once again putting the onus on the defense to BEAT the other team while the offense struggles!

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
So how do they improve on it? Are you expecting them to allow only 7 (SEVEN) points per game average? If they make any more stops than they already do then they would not allow ANY points!
And I do know there are moments in games that a good defense must step up! This defense DID most of the time! They were #2 in the ENTIRE NFL in fewest points allowed. They were in the top 5 in fewest TOTAL YARDS allowed in the entire NFL! How else can they step up? Of course turnovers would help but that is once again putting the onus on the defense to BEAT the other team while the offense struggles!

ok lets look at the losses last year

in three of the losses Dallas had the lead in the 4th Q but loss..in two of those the D gave up the winning points with less than 3 minutes.

the #2 is great, but giving up the points in 4th Q is not.

How do they improve? honestly good question..we dont know if it is bad defensive calls, or bad plays or a combo of both.

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 03:22 PM
So lets lay it on the table Farmer

you dont blame the OL...you dont blame Garrett

So your belief is that 100% Romo is the reason this team cant run the ball and cant score?

In typical Cowboy homer fashion you jump to conclusions! I have never blamed Romo 100%! Not once! And I have never said Garrett isn't at fault either. I have only said that Garrett doesn't execute on the field and if the team executes then Garrett is a genius. Remember it wasn't too long ago he was a highly sought after commodity in the NFL and JJ had to pay him HC money to keep him as OC! That was when the offense executed.
I never said I don't blame the O-line either! I said blaming the age of the O-line is an excuse! Just as blaming injuries is an excuse! All teams deal with age and injuries! The yes, I do think the woes of this team last season and for the first part of this season is primarily on the offense! And I do put a huge blame on Romo! Not all but a lot! I recognize the quality work by the defense! They were the 2nd best team in the league at stopping the other teams offense from scoring! Apparently YOU want them to stop the other team from scoring at DIFFERENT points in the game instead of when they did! Apparently they would be a better defense if they stopped the other team from scoring right after the Cowboys score but allowed them to score at other times instead??????? Is that your thoughts? :confused:

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 03:25 PM
In typical Cowboy homer fashion you jump to conclusions! I have never blamed Romo 100%! Not once! And I have never said Garrett isn't at fault either. I have only said that Garrett doesn't execute on the field and if the team executes then Garrett is a genius. Remember it wasn't too long ago he was a highly sought after commodity in the NFL and JJ had to pay him HC money to keep him as OC! That was when the offense executed.
I never said I don't blame the O-line either! I said blaming the age of the O-line is an excuse! Just as blaming injuries is an excuse! All teams deal with age and injuries! The yes, I do think the woes of this team last season and for the first part of this season is primarily on the offense! And I do put a huge blame on Romo! Not all but a lot! I recognize the quality work by the defense! They were the 2nd best team in the league at stopping the other teams offense from scoring! Apparently YOU want them to stop the other team from scoring at DIFFERENT points in the game instead of when they did! Apparently they would be a better defense if they stopped the other team from scoring right after the Cowboys score but allowed them to score at other times instead??????? Is that your thoughts? :confused:

Yes Farmer that is my thoughts..I want Dallas to stop teams in the 4th Q only..I dont care if teams score 100 in the first 3 quarters just dont let em score in the 4th..lol

ok.so in your view why is the Dallas offense not scoring?

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 03:41 PM
ok lets look at the losses last year

in three of the losses Dallas had the lead in the 4th Q but loss..in two of those the D gave up the winning points with less than 3 minutes.

the #2 is great, but giving up the points in 4th Q is not.

How do they improve? honestly good question..we dont know if it is bad defensive calls, or bad plays or a combo of both.

Here is the REAL Truth!

The Dallas defense gave up 17 points to GB who averaged 29 points per game! The Dallas Offense scored 7 points on a GB defense that gave up 17 points on average.

The Dallas defense gave up 20 points to a Chargers offense that averaged 28 points a game and the Dallas offense scored 17 on a SD defense that averaged giving up 20 points per game.

The Dallas defense gave up 17 points to a Denver offense that averaged 20 points a game and the Dallas offense score just 10 points on a Denver defense that gave up 20 points a game on average!

IF the defense gave up the winning score in the last minute of the game it is ONLY because the offense didn't put up enough points! If i'm not mistaken there was only twice in the entire season that the Offense scored more than the opponents average points given up and the Cowboys lost the game and that was in both Giants games and those two games were the ONLY two games the defense gave up more than the oponents average.

Txbroadcaster
09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Here is the REAL Truth!

The Dallas defense gave up 17 points to GB who averaged 29 points per game! The Dallas Offense scored 7 points on a GB defense that gave up 17 points on average.

The Dallas defense gave up 20 points to a Chargers offense that averaged 28 points a game and the Dallas offense scored 17 on a SD defense that averaged giving up 20 points per game.

The Dallas defense gave up 17 points to a Denver offense that averaged 20 points a game and the Dallas offense score just 10 points on a Denver defense that gave up 20 points a game on average!

IF the defense gave up the winning score in the last minute of the game it is ONLY because the offense didn't put up enough points! If i'm not mistaken there was only twice in the entire season that the Offense scored more than the opponents average points given up and the Cowboys lost the game and that was in both Giants games and those two games were the ONLY two games the defense gave up more than the oponents average.

Again..the stats of scoring average is nice..but EVERY player on D will tell you when your team has the lead 3 mins or less it is the D's job to make the stop. Simple as that.

I dont care if the O scores 10-20 or 30..The D has to make game changing stops to be a good D...or as you say they are basically a stat D and nothing else.

TheDOCTORdre
09-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I think this might be right on! If this team could start getting some "Luck".

Is this a play on words...http://www.docsports.com/images/lib/large/andrew-luck-2.jpg

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Yes Farmer that is my thoughts..I want Dallas to stop teams in the 4th Q only..I dont care if teams score 100 in the first 3 quarters just dont let em score in the 4th..lol

ok.so in your view why is the Dallas offense not scoring?

Now you are being sarcastic Tx! The whole point is that the defense stops the other team for 57 minutes but gives up a winning score in the last 3 minutes and you blame the defense!!

I have said hundreds of times why I think they aren't scoring. In my opinion Romo does not execute the offense very well under pressure! And the pressure increases greatly in the Red Zone! I think his decision making is not very good if he gets pressured or even if he doesn't get pressured but thinks he does! He has shown the ability in the past but for some reason he seems to be out-of-sorts this season and a lot of the time last season. He does not use his feet any more! And in my opinion that was 75% of his ability! but there are a lot of other problems with this offense and I have to go home. Have a great evening!

Farmersfan
09-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Again..the stats of scoring average is nice..but EVERY player on D will tell you when your team has the lead 3 mins or less it is the D's job to make the stop. Simple as that.

I dont care if the O scores 10-20 or 30..The D has to make game changing stops to be a good D...or as you say they are basically a stat D and nothing else.

But the OFFENSE isn't expected to make "Game Changing" plays too? Just wondering! And it is true that IF the defense can stop them for 57 minutes they should be able to hold the other 3 minutes! but that doesn't put the blame on the defense if they can't!

coach
09-26-2010, 08:10 PM

one down and many more to go

Farmersfan
10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
I only got to watch bits and peices and highlights of the Dallas vs. Houston game because I was in line to board a cruise ship to the carribean while the game was on. But it appears the Cowboy's defense performed as I expected and the offense actually held up it's end of the bargain for a change. Great job Dallas! I hope you can keep the momentum going. The great thing that might work in the Cowboy's favor this season is that ALL the predicted powerhouses are struggling to this point. Green Bay, Minny, New England, New Orleans and the Colts are all very beatable right now! All the NFC East teams are showing a lot of weakness so I don't see a reason that Dallas shouldn't go 13-3 the rest of the way! The ONLY team that is showing to be really, really tough is Pittsburg and they have been doing it without their best QB!