PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie

Emerson1
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Why does the AW running back crouch so low? I noticed it when they played stephenville. I don't see why anyone would think having to come out of such a low crouch position could help you.

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I have a question about Wylie too. I asked a week or so ago why the plain purple helmets when I saw their highlights on TV. I was told that they don't get the yellow bulldogs on them til they earn them.

Well, Wylie didn't have the logos on for the Graham game, but they had them on the next week.... soooo, did ole Hugh think they'd earned them with a loss to Graham? I mean, I heard him talking about moral victories the other day, but I had no idea moral victories meant THAT much!

Rocket
09-19-2010, 09:53 PM
LOL

garciap77
09-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I have a question about Wylie too. I asked a week or so ago why the plain purple helmets when I saw their highlights on TV. I was told that they don't get the yellow bulldogs on them til they earn them.

Well, Wylie didn't have the logos on for the Graham game, but they had them on the next week.... soooo, did ole Hugh think they'd earned them with a loss to Graham? I mean, I heard him talking about moral victories the other day, but I had no idea moral victories meant THAT much!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_8629posting-1.jpg:D

BEAST
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
That all you got Garcia? That was a year ago man.

BEAST

Rocket
09-19-2010, 10:49 PM
Graham owns Wylie. Nothing left to say...

ccmom
09-19-2010, 11:10 PM

Well, Wylie didn't have the logos on for the Graham game, but they had them on the next week.... soooo, did ole Hugh think they'd earned them with a loss to Graham? I mean, I heard him talking about moral victories the other day, but I had no idea moral victories meant THAT much! Actually, the bulldog decals were on the helmets for the Graham game.

garciap77
09-20-2010, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
That all you got Garcia? That was a year ago man.

BEAST

Who cares when it was!:D

;)

I'll stop posting it if you beat us this year!;)

It's all in fun, it's allin fun!:)

ivchris
09-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Most of the time the yellow bulldog decal is put on when District begins.

BEAST
09-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Hey Wylie guys, I heard yall had a kid that suffered a pretty bad injury the other night. Yall heard anything?

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
09-20-2010, 08:57 AM
I'm just glad y'all are finally admitting it's yellow and not gold. Now if Snyder would just
do the same. :devil:

Ernest T Bass
09-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why does the AW running back crouch so low? I noticed it when they played stephenville. I don't see why anyone would think having to come out of such a low crouch position could help you.
Maybe it helps him to keep his pad level down? Start low=stay low?
I know Adrian Peterson was the worst thing to happen to RB coaches, b/c he runs standing straight up and is still successful. Most RBs can't do that.

ccmom
09-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by ivchris
Most of the time the yellow bulldog decal is put on when District begins.

The Graham game was the first week they had the decals on this season.

Emerson1
09-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Maybe it helps him to keep his pad level down? Start low=stay low?
I know Adrian Peterson was the worst thing to happen to RB coaches, b/c he runs standing straight up and is still successful. Most RBs can't do that.
He isn't taking it from the I though, which would make that make sense. He is standing next to the QB in the shotgun. His legs fold into a 45* angle with his butt almost touching the ground.

Rocket
09-20-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He isn't taking it from the I though, which would make that make sense. He is standing next to the QB in the shotgun. His legs fold into a 45* angle with his butt almost touching the ground.

LOL That is very weird...

bwdlionfan
09-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
The Graham game was the first week they had the decals on this season.

Whoops, my bad!

So it was for the Stephenville moral victory not the Graham moral victory!

ccmom
09-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Whoops, my bad!

So it was for the Stephenville moral victory not the Graham moral victory!

Ummmm...no! :rolleyes: It was to commemorate surviving the Great Cricket Plague of 2010, silly!! ;)

upper20
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
[B]Hey Wylie guys, I heard yall had a kid that suffered a pretty bad injury the other night. Yall heard anything?

Nothing definitive - heard speculation of ruptured spleen.

nobogey72
09-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by upper20
Nothing definitive - heard speculation of ruptured spleen.

What I was told by a coach is that it was a "lacerated spleen". He is out of ICU but still some evaluation to be done.