PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 4 GotW: Abilene Wylie @ Lucas Lovejoy

charlesrixey
09-19-2010, 09:33 PM
I know Lovejoy will be favored, but this is just the kind of game AW has always been dangerous in as they gel throughout the early part of the season. If anyone is counting Wylie out because of their first four games, then they haven't been paying attention the last decade.

Lovejoy has a big advantage playing at home, but this will be a great test for both teams as district play draws closer.

Emerson1
09-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Lovejoy isn't that great from what I have heard from people who has seen them.

I say AW loses though just because of the stupid stance they make their running back do.

garciap77
09-19-2010, 09:53 PM
AW wins because of the low stance they make their running back do.:D

GO Bulldogs!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

bwdlionfan
09-19-2010, 09:54 PM
I think we'll hear Hugh talkin moral victories again....

but.... I hope Wylie takes this one

BEAST
09-19-2010, 10:40 PM
I voted LL due to home field and experience. That said, I hope the Dogs get it going.

BEAST

orange machine
09-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Lovejoy isn't that great from what I have heard from people who has seen them.

I say AW loses though just because of the stupid stance they make their running back do.

:clap: thats great!!!

Looking4number8
09-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I voted LL due to home field and experience. That said, I hope the Dogs get it going.

BEAST

+1 here, but dont worry AW, you guys will play sweetwater soon, that SHOULD be a win for yall. :D :D sorry garcia, you post that stupid scoreboard so much, I had to take a shot.

By the way, who was it posting yalls record in his sig last year... why is he not doing that this year?

garciap77
09-20-2010, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
+1 here, but dont worry AW, you guys will play sweetwater soon, that SHOULD be a win for yall. :D :D sorry garcia, you post that stupid scoreboard so much, I had to take a shot.

By the way, who was it posting yalls record in his sig last year... why is he not doing that this year?

We rather play Brownwood!:D

pancho villa
09-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Lovejoy 28 Wylie 7

LE Dad
09-20-2010, 08:13 AM
3-7 pt game either way...:D

I think it will be a battle and Wylie should be a slight underdog due to homefield, but if they can get the O working early they could upset LL.:clap: :clap:

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Wylie O-Line will push the Lovejoy D line around. I think Wylie wins this one by two touchdowns

LE Dad
09-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
We rather play Brownwood!:D :clap: :clap:

Bosqueville
09-20-2010, 10:56 AM
LL by 14. LL can move the ball very effectively.

ccmom
09-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Is Means healthy?

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 11:23 AM
In the two scrimmages I saw Lovejoy in, first one they moved the ball ok, second one, not so much. Not real consistant. I really do think Wylie is going to be way to much for this LJ squad. Wylie by 13

ccmom
09-20-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

I do think home field advantage will be a factor. Considering the way things ended up the last time these 2 teams played, I expect Lovejoy will have a big crowd there. Also, considering the travel distance, I expect there will be some Wylie fans who just can't make the trip, but I hope we have a good crowd.

Originally posted by Emerson1

I say Wylie pulls this one out...poor posture and all.

;)

Tin Cup
09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Surely lovejoy is better than AW.

Lovejoy 34
AW 14

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Surely lovejoy is better than AW.

Lovejoy 34
AW 14
Im tellin ya, dont be suprised to see it AW 34 LJ 14

Tin Cup
09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
If AW beats LL I will be shocked honestly, even if LL is/was completely overrated. I'd like to see Wylie win but i just don't see it this year.

Gsquared
09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
If AW beats LL I will be shocked honestly, even if LL is/was completely overrated. I'd like to see Wylie win but i just don't see it this year.
Well, unless Lovejoy is a COMPLETLY different team than when I saw in thier scrimmages, id be suprised to see them beat Wylie.

ccmom
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM

Is it just the 1-3 record, or is there something else you are basing your opinion on? I'm not bashing your opinion at all....just hoping you would elaborate a bit.

Tin Cup
09-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Just not sold on Wylie yet this year. Young team with a lot of growing up to do. I haven't seen yal play just looking at similar scores compared to Brownwood (yes I know this is dangerous and dumb) but I'm seriously pulling for Wylie. I just see this being a long, tough season for the dogs. No disrespect intended

ccmom
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Just not sold on Wylie yet this year. Young team with a lot of growing up to do. I haven't seen yal play just looking at similar scores compared to Brownwood (yes I know this is dangerous and dumb) but I'm seriously pulling for Wylie. I just see this being a long, tough season for the dogs. No disrespect intended

None taken. You could be absolutely right....but I'm still a believer. :)

Tin Cup
09-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Lol if we know anything it's that you can never count Wylie out for anything. This can bite you in the hiney real quick lol

rscastle
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Well, unless Lovejoy is a COMPLETLY different team than when I saw in thier scrimmages, id be suprised to see them beat Wylie.

Trust me, it's a different team than those scrimmages. The offense is moving the football and you better get to the defense early because they buckle down in the second half of games.

I'm not predicting what i think happens in this game for obvious reasons, but it's a totally different Lovejoy team than in the preseason.

ccmom
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by rscastle
Trust me, it's a different team than those scrimmages. The offense is moving the football and you better get to the defense early because they buckle down in the second half of games.

I'm not predicting what i think happens in this game for obvious reasons, but it's a totally different Lovejoy team than in the preseason.

So, is Means healthy now or is the #2 still playing?

rscastle
09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
So, is Means healthy now or is the #2 still playing?

I haven't heard and even if I did, I probably wouldn't post it on this board. But he has had three weeks without game action to recover, so we'll see.

The backup threw for 355 yards and 4 TDs against Frisco (yes, i know) in his first varsity start so they don't drop off that much.

ccmom
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
I haven't heard and even if I did, I probably wouldn't post it on this board. But he has had three weeks without game action to recover, so we'll see.

The backup threw for 355 yards and 4 TDs against Frisco (yes, i know) in his first varsity start so they don't drop off that much.

LOL....ok, well I wasn't trying to get you to divulge some ancient chinese secret, but thanks! :D

DaHop72
09-20-2010, 04:04 PM

The backup threw for 355 yards and 4 TDs against Frisco (yes, i know) in his first varsity start so they don't drop off that much. I sure Hugh is probably reading the board to try and find this out since I'm sure he hasn't game planned for both players. :doh: :doh: He gets all his information from ccmom anyway.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

rscastle
09-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I sure Hugh is probably reading the board to try and find this out since I'm sure he hasn't game planned for both players. :doh: :doh: He gets all his information from ccmom anyway.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

LOL yeah, you're right, sorry. I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything.

Honestly, with Wylie, I think you can throw the records out. Hugh will have his team motivated and ready to play. Lovejoy would like to win this game because of what happened last year in Waco. This is a good rivalry starting to form, I think, and should be a great game.

Sweetwater Red
09-20-2010, 05:19 PM
[B you guys will play sweetwater soon, that SHOULD be a win for yall. :D :D [/B]

Oh shut up! You haven't even seen Sweetwater play this year! :foul:

Oh wait..........:(

Looking4number8
09-20-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Oh shut up! You haven't even seen Sweetwater play this year! :foul:

Oh wait..........:(

no no, you are right. All I saw was the Sweetwater/Early game and neither team really played football:eek: :eek:

95mustang
09-20-2010, 06:52 PM
no no, you are right. All I saw was the Sweetwater/Early game and neither team really played football:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:D

garciap77
09-20-2010, 08:02 PM
no no, you are right. All I saw was the Sweetwater/Early game and neither team really played football:eek: :eek:

Sweetwater can beat BW!:D

Rocket
09-20-2010, 10:01 PM
If Graham beat Wylie, LL rolls...

BEAST
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
If Graham beat Wylie, LL rolls...

I don't know my brother. This is the battle of the overhyped. Anything could happen. :D

BEAST

pancho villa
09-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Why is this the game of the week? A 1-3 team in the game of the week.

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 10:09 AM
:sleeping: :sleeping:

Bosqueville
09-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

My thoughts exactly! But then again, look at the Region I game. (Love you Ranger Mom!)

charlesrixey
09-21-2010, 11:41 AM
records don't matter in terms of producing the best games.

Both of these teams will make noise in the playoffs.

waterboy
09-21-2010, 02:05 PM
This might be a good game, but I think I would've went with the Liberty-Eylau (3-1) vs. Henderson (4-0) game as GOTW.

I think Wylie will win this one by a wide margin........say 20 points, maybe?

OK......13 points.....:clap:

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
This might be a good game, but I think I would've went with the Liberty-Eylau (3-1) vs. Henderson (4-0) game as GOTW.

OK......13 points.....:clap: :D

gatordaze
09-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

OK......13 points.....:clap:

Should be a good game. AW's D is their strength against LL's strength on O.

LL has pretty good size but slow lineman that use almost no splits and either scoop or slide right and left for the most part. If AW DT's can penetrate and not get reached then they will split the scoop and cause problems. DE's must contain well as that is the only place to run unless LL gets a push. as the middle is clogged.

Rocket
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Should be a good game. AW's D is their strength against LL's strength on O.

LL has pretty good size but slow lineman that use almost no splits and either scoop or slide right and left for the most part. If AW DT's can penetrate and not get reached then they will split the scoop and cause problems. DE's must contain well as that is the only place to run unless LL gets a push. as the middle is clogged.

AW's defense? Has it shown up yet?

This thread is on fire!!!! LOL

garciap77
09-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
AW's defense? Has it shown up yet?

This thread is on fire!!!! LOL

Shut up and get me some more hot wings!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

And don't forget the beer!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

;)

LE Dad
09-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Shut up and get me some more hot wings!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/RocketHootersManWorkingatHooters.jpg

And don't forget the beer!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

;) :clap: :clap: :clap:

BLACK ATTACK
09-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Seen Lovejoy. Very overrated, simply not that good. I'll take Wylie tradition.

bobcat4life
09-22-2010, 07:43 PM
I'll take Brownwood in a blowout

BLACK ATTACK
09-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I'll take Brownwood in a blowout

+1

LE Dad
09-23-2010, 01:00 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

garciap77
09-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

OPERATOR
09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm going with the Bulldogs!

ccmom
09-24-2010, 08:58 AM
What's the weather like over there? It's rainy here. Just curious...

injuredinmelee
09-24-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

AMEN!!! Just a question for some of the Wylie fans... have you noticed how many times we lined up in the first three weeks with only 10 guys on the field on defense but esp special teams and goal line?

pero chato
09-24-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
AMEN!!! Just a question for some of the Wylie fans... have you noticed how many times we lined up in the first three weeks with only 10 guys on the field on defense but esp special teams and goal line?

Well we've had so many out of town games, maybe somebody was left behind.

injuredinmelee
09-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
Well we've had so many out of town games, maybe somebody was left behind.
Hate to watch the boys struggle like this. The defense is playing well, just on the field so long they cant help but get tired.

pero chato
09-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Hate to watch the boys struggle like this. The defense is playing well, just on the field so long they cant help but get tired.

We haven't had a down year in a long time - we're kinda spoiled. But I do hope and believe they can pull it together and be ready for district. Mentally it has to be tough on these seniors, so we'll see how they respond.

buff4ever
09-24-2010, 02:17 PM
abilene wylie to pick up a victory in this game

garciap77
09-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
abilene wylie to pick up a victory in this game

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:2thumbsup

LE Dad
09-24-2010, 05:56 PM
PPP in effect!!!!!:D