PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 Bi-District Thoughts

Matthew328
11-09-2002, 10:01 PM
Division I
Gainesville vs Paris N Lamar: N Lamar doesn't seem like the type of team that gets blown out, but Gainesville should win this one going away..kinda wonder why NL agreed to play the Leopards on turf...Searcy and company too much for the Panthers..Gainesville by 21

Lindale vs Atlanta: one of 3 great games at the new stadium in Mt Pleasant...Lindale is talented but have struggled at times...Atlanta played a murderers row schedule losing to Mt Pleasant, Texas High and Daingerfield...the Rabbs need to find some consistency on offense to make a run in D1...Atlanta by 12

Forney vs Wills Point: the marquee game in Region 2...WP is 10-0 and Forney is well Forney 9-1 ain't too shaby! This has the potential to be another shootout...especially with the passing game of WP...however losing Cunningan really hurts...I think Forney gets a hard fought win...Forney by 8

Gladewater vs Carthage: this seems to be an even matchup..wouldn't surprise me if either team won..Carthage is down from 4A and doesn't have any playoff experience...the Bears have made 2 deep runs in a row...losing to Forney in 2000 and Commerce in 2001 they are playoff tough....I like Gladewater by 9

Division II
Celina vs Quinlan Ford: Well Ford had a chance to prove they were for real against Commerce and they lost 41-0...their QB is questionable also..Celina on the other hand has show time and time again that their streak is going to be hard to stop...I don't see it ending this week..Celina by 27

Gilmer vs Daingerfield: These 2 towns are just a hop skip and a jump away from each other and they are quite familiar..it is always a battle when they get together...the Buckeyes are led by do it all Pat Gordon and the Blue Tigers have a suffocating defense and a powerful running game...should be the best game in East Texas...give me the Blue Tigers by 11

Wilmer-Hutchins vs Van: ya think Hutch will be in a bad mood after the pasting Forney gave em? Poor Van, they make the playoffs after 5 horrible years when the most games they won in a season was 2..and they get a mad Hutch squad...this one won't be close...Hutch by 34

Jefferson vs Rusk: Jefferson got the top seed in 15-3A with a 4-6 record, Rusk at 6-4 is a team that can score points but they have trouble stoppng people..I look for a high scoring game but I like Jefferson to come out on top...Jefferson by 6

Pilot Point vs Commerce: man a juciy matchup here...PP has looked good at times and at other times they have looked very beatable...I think PP is a year away..Commerce and Eddie Hines are gonna be too much for the Bearcats...Commerce by 20

Mt Vernon vs New Boston: a couple of 9-1 teams going at it...MV has Meeks at QB, NB has Dorsey at TB....2 D1 players here..I think Dorsey has a bit better of a supporting cast New Boston by 14

Crandall vs Brownsboro: how did Brownsboro get in the playoffs?? Ohh they are in 14-3A! LOL Crandall rolls...Crandall by 28

Spring Hill vs Tatum: 2 former district rivals going at it..SH and JaMario Thomas roll past the Eagles....Spring Hill by 19

jason
11-09-2002, 10:51 PM
Forney 33
Wills Point 28

...and I hope Crandall loses...

BuckeyeFan
11-10-2002, 12:30 AM
Of course, I think you are wrong on the Gilmer/Daingerfield game. I pick Gilmer to win by 4.

District 11 3A will be stronger than everybody thinks. I don't think Lindale can beat Atlanta but Mt. Vernon could suprise New Boston.

Upset Special-Tatum over Spring Hill.