PDA

View Full Version : Keenum out for Season

BaseballUmp
09-19-2010, 05:18 PM
University of Houston quarterback Case Keenum will miss the remainder of the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee, coach Kevin Sumlin said Sunday.
Also, junior backup quarterback Cotton Turner suffered a fractured clavicle and will miss the rest of the season.
“I am very disappointed for both these young men,” Sumlin said. “It’s hard to see them hurting right now. They both are a big part of this team and wanted to be contributors to its success this season. I think they can still do that with their off-the-field leadership.”
Both quarterbacks suffered the injuries in Saturday's 31-13 loss to UCLA.
Keenum, who began the season as a potential Heisman Trophy candidate, threw for 636 yards and five touchdowns this season.
Turner played in all three games, completing 74 percent of his passes for 180 yards and two touchdowns.

Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/college/houston/7208481.html)

trojandad
09-19-2010, 05:21 PM
will he get an additional year of eligibility, i wonder?

ccmom
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Hate to hear this...

BEAST
09-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
will he get an additional year of eligibility, i wonder?

They can apply for a medical redshirt like UT did with Jordan Shipley. They are decided upon by the NCAA on a case by case basis.

BEAST

Keith7
09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
They can apply for a medical redshirt like UT did with Jordan Shipley. They are decided upon by the NCAA on a case by case basis.

BEAST

He'll get it.. Big names and BCS schools always get those kind of things.

jason
09-19-2010, 06:03 PM
dang - that's too bad, they were fun to watch..

jevan sneed (and im not comparing the two, but im trying to make a point) had another year of eligibility left but he already had his master's degree and really had no further to go academically...

wonder if keenum has his undergrad and/or masters yet....

hopefully he recovers.....

Looking4number8
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
I saw where Keenum was an early favorite for the Heisman. Too bad he did not get a chance to earn it.

VWG
09-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Keenum will go pro.

carter08
09-19-2010, 10:01 PM
I've heard good things about Broadway. I like the top 2 backs we have. Team will still win CUSA, although it really sucks that we lost Case AND Turner for the year in the same game.