PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy's woes two weeks into the season...

SintonFan
09-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Two weeks in a row they were out-coached and out-played.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Washington has improved yes, but today's game was inexcusable.
Last week, I was upbeat because of the Dallas/Washington rivalry...
They next play the Texans.
Cowboys look to be underdogs in that game regardless of what Houston does today.

It is obvious they were out-coached and out-played.

SintonFan
09-19-2010, 04:54 PM
This coming from a Cowboy fan.:doh:

I do hope the 'Boys go on a win streak this year soon. After two games, it doesn't look like this is a possibility.

Trashman
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Two weeks in a row they were out-coached and out-played.:mad: :mad: :mad:
Washington has improved yes, but today's game was inexcusable.
Last week, I was upbeat because of the Dallas/Washington rivalry...
Cowboys look to be underdogs in that game regardless of what Houston does today.

It is obvious they were out-coached and out-played.

Agreed, they look totally out of sync.

Looking4number8
09-19-2010, 06:56 PM
They have looked sad which makes me sad.

The bright side is the Texans knocked off Washington and after the Colts destrot the Giants tonight that will make the skins and giants 1-1 and the boys and philly 0-2. We are only one game out.. but we must improve!!!

BullBoy
09-19-2010, 06:58 PM
philly is 1-1.

bag-o-chips
09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
As long as Jerry Jones is the owner I could care less!

SintonFan
09-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
They have looked sad which makes me sad.

The bright side is the Texans knocked off Washington and after the Colts destrot the Giants tonight that will make the skins and giants 1-1 and the boys and philly 0-2. We are only one game out.. but we must improve!!!

A silver lining? Normally I'm one to post that.:thinking:

I have NOT given up yet, though.:nerd:

zebrablue2
09-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips

:iagree:

eagleqb_14
09-19-2010, 08:16 PM
romo:(

coach
09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
romo:(

is not the problem

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Two weeks in a row they were out-coached and out-played.:

That game I thought was week 4 in Houston?

SintonFan
09-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
That game I thought was week 4 in Houston?

preseason?

Don't the 'Boys have Houston this next week?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

What do I know, I haven't had TV since last Sunday!:mad: :mad: :o

GrTigers6
09-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Yeah they play this Sunday then have their bye week

Phil C
09-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by bag-o-chips

SHOW SOME COMPASSION!!

:mad:

Phil C
09-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Guess what happened the last time the Cowboys started the season at 0 - 2.

waterboy
09-20-2010, 09:05 AM
:( It looks like the Cowboys have a REAL good chance at an 0-3 start to the season. The Texans are a much better team than the Cowboys at this point. I would not be surprised to see the Texans beat Dallas badly. I hate to say that, but it's a real good possibility. I can't put my finger on what the problem is for the Cowboys. It looks like they are completely frustrated, and the pressure is getting to them. This is very unlike a Cowboy team, to buckle under pressure. A turnover here, a turnover there, a missed field goal, and they are out of it. It didn't used to be that way. They look like they are putting way too much pressure on themselves, and when things go wrong it compounds into complete frustration. They better pull it together right now or they are in for a long disappointing season. If that happens look for a big coaching change......

waterboy
09-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Guess what happened the last time the Cowboys started the season at 0 - 2.
They didn't make the playoffs...............right? I believe it was '01.........right?

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 09:09 AM
I have been saying for a couple of years now that something is missing on this team. Even when they get on a roll and play decent football they aren't as dominating as their talent level should be. I would immediately say it's discipline and attitude but even when "The Tuna" was here this was a undisciplined team that was tops in penalties in the NFL! Perhaps JJ creates and atmosphere where the players feel they are above the scrutiny of the coaches? Most of all I think the players don't have high enough expectations for themselves or for each other! But I really don't see it getting any better because even a lot of the FANS are in the excuse making business these days!

Did everyone see the Romo's press conference where he told the world that his bad passes were on purpose to avoid the defense?????? I wonder how that makes all the other players on the team feel? So many GAME-CHANGING negative plays yesterday were the result of a poorly thrown pass and the QB claims they were on purpose! Sorry! Just another example of what I have been saying for a couple of years now!!!

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 09:14 AM
on offense this team has no real identity..throwing the ball 50 times imo is stupid...

The defense is good..nowhere close to being great. they dont create turnovers and they dont do a good job of shutting down opposing teams when Dallas gets a lead.

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
No one in the Cowboys ownership or coaching staff is DEMANDING the kind of performances they should be delivering.
If I was Jerry Jones, I would take my staff and player payroll check stubs to the lockeroom and say--"Boys, I'm paying one hell of a bunch of money for performance, and from what I've been seeing from my box, I ain't getting it. Let me put it another way---I won't do one-and-done with the same faces again next season. Do you understand my meaning?"

spaniard
09-20-2010, 09:20 AM
i think that there is a combination of problems contributing to this extremely talented team's crappy performance.

1) Romo has all the skill and talent in the world, but his head is just not in the game right now. I don't know if his contract turned him into a primadonna, or if he's just wanting the offseason to get here so he can focus on trying to get his dadgum pga tour card, all i know is he isn't playing smart right now because his head is not in the games.

2) Wade Phillips is a great defensive coordinator. I said this the year that shanahan took a year off, jerry should've offered wade the def. coordinator position, hired shanahan and gotten rid of garret, or just put him on as a position coach. shanahan provides an offensive mind, a disciplinary mindset, and a plethora of nfl head coaching experience.

3) Jerry Jones needs to stay off the sideline, hire a GM, and enjoy his team's performance as an owner/fan instead of an owner/GM/head coach.

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
on offense this team has no real identity..throwing the ball 50 times imo is stupid...

The defense is good..nowhere close to being great. they dont create turnovers and they dont do a good job of shutting down opposing teams when Dallas gets a lead.

Why do you suppose the defense has such a hard time getting turnovers? At times it just seems like it's just luck or something. They tip passes and nobody is there to intercept! They cause fumbles and the other team recovers! It seems like they just aren't at the right places at the right times.

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 09:25 AM
If Vince Lombardi were alive, I would love to hear what he would have to say about the Cowboys.

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Why do you suppose the defense has such a hard time getting turnovers? At times it just seems like it's just luck or something. They tip passes and nobody is there to intercept! They cause fumbles and the other team recovers! It seems like they just aren't at the right places at the right times.

all about having play makers...who on the D is a playmaker..Ware..Jenkins looks like he is becoming one..who else?

to be a playmaker means willing to gamblke, i just dont see alot of gamblers on Dallas D, especillay in secondary. The Safeties donnt make big plays..they are solid yes, but not play makers.

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
If Vince Lombardi were alive, I would love to hear what he would have to say about the Cowboys.

I personally think it's because of the EXCUSES! On the team and in the office! From JJ down to the waterboy they constantly make excuses! Even the media and fans have taken up the excuse making. Last week it was because of 2 hurt O-linemen that they lost even though the Redskins had just as many line issues! Yesterday the Bears lost their starting left tackle in the first quarter and actually got better! Last year this team couldn't score and the defense won them about 9 out of the 11 victories without much help from the offense and yet everybody denounces the defense when they have a off game! And still the Cowboys make excuses! For years it was "Bad" personalities like Owens or Pacman so they got rid of those players! And yet we still hear the excuses! They play like crap almost every time they get into the playoffs and make boneheaded mistakes that cost them the game and it's just a bunch of excuses! They play horrible, horrible in the playoff game against the Vikes and get completely manhandled and everyone blames it on the wrong people! They play terrible preseason games and everyone claims it's only preseason and doesn't matter! They lose a game to a very average Redskins team when a last second TD is called back on a penalty and ALL the Cowboy faithful blame the poor shmuck who was in over his head to begin with and committed the penalty rather than holding the rest of the team accountable for only scoring 7 points for the other 59 minutes! It's all attitude and expectations!

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
They lose a game to a very average Redskins team when a last second TD is called back on a penalty and ALL the Cowboy faithful blame the poor shmuck who was in over his head to begin with and committed the penalty rather than holding the rest of the team accountable for only scoring 7 points for the other 59 minutes! It's all attitude and expectations!

ok look..if on the last play Romo would have thrown an INT who would you be blaming? Like it or not Barron's hold stopped Dallas from winning.

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 10:07 AM
all about having play makers...who on the D is a playmaker..Ware..Jenkins looks like he is becoming one..who else?

to be a playmaker means willing to gamblke, i just dont see alot of gamblers on Dallas D, especillay in secondary. The Safeties donnt make big plays..they are solid yes, but not play makers.

Turnovers are what makes a good defense great for sure! But if a defense stops the other team from scoring points then it does it's job! Turnovers are a bonus! If you depend on turnovers or count on turnovers to win a game then you are at the mercy of fate or luck! Basically it boils down to just 2 factors: The offense must score enough to win and the defense must stop the other team from scoring enough points to win! Everything else is bonus and speculation. But to expect the defense to cover for the offense every single week is not a reality. Although yesterday was not good, this defense has been getting it done for a couple of years. The offense has fallen WAY short!

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Too many Cowboys players don't hate losing badly enough, and that is an indicator of a lack of personal and professional pride that has been allowed to perpetuate far too long, IMO.

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 10:22 AM
ok look..if on the last play Romo would have thrown an INT who would you be blaming? Like it or not Barron's hold stopped Dallas from winning.

Of course it did! I never said it didn't! But so did the poorly thrown pass to Ogletree in the endzone 2 plays before! And so did several other poorly executed plays during the game! If these were two evenly matched teams and scoring was at a premium then perhaps we could blame it on one play! But Dallas should have scored 35 points in that game but didn't. Like I said! Excuses and expectations! You sound like Wade Philips and so many other fans when you blame a single play for the loss!

Txbroadcaster
09-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Turnovers are what makes a good defense great for sure! But if a defense stops the other team from scoring points then it does it's job! Turnovers are a bonus! If you depend on turnovers or count on turnovers to win a game then you are at the mercy of fate or luck! Basically it boils down to just 2 factors: The offense must score enough to win and the defense must stop the other team from scoring enough points to win! Everything else is bonus and speculation. But to expect the defense to cover for the offense every single week is not a reality. Although yesterday was not good, this defense has been getting it done for a couple of years. The offense has fallen WAY short!

It is not just about points scored for a defense.

Yesterday Dallas took the lead twice and the D gave it up on the very next drive. You cant do that and be a great D. Those are points in the game tha if the D simply stops the other team then Dallas could have a two score lead.

That was also the problem last year..as good as the D played they seem to come up short when it mattered. When you cant get turnovers and you cant stop the opposing team when you take the lead that is a problem plain and simple.

Agiasnst the bears 20 points should have been plenty for the win.

Not saying the offense is greatm, it has PLENTY of issues, but this D is supposed to already be great. Then it needs to play like it

Farmersfan
09-20-2010, 10:43 AM
It is not just about points scored for a defense.

Yesterday Dallas took the lead twice and the D gave it up on the very next drive. You cant do that and be a great D. Those are points in the game tha if the D simply stops the other team then Dallas could have a two score lead.

That was also the problem last year..as good as the D played they seem to come up short when it mattered. When you cant get turnovers and you cant stop the opposing team when you take the lead that is a problem plain and simple.

Agiasnst the bears 20 points should have been plenty for the win.

Not saying the offense is greatm, it has PLENTY of issues, but this D is supposed to already be great. Then it needs to play like it

Yesterdays game is not a good example because the defense allowed twice as many points as they normally do. But guess what? 20 points by the offense WOULD HAVE BEEN ENOUGH TO WIN!!!!!! or at least tie. The offense only scored 13 points! And this defense was tops in points allowed AND YPG allowed last season! Like I said previously, if you keep expecting the defense to cover for a lack of offense you will have inconsistent results and struggle against the good teams in the playoffs. This is not the '85 Bears defense! It is good but not great. We need the offense to also be good!

JasperDog94
09-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Is anyone else sick of the dumb look on Wade Phillip's face every time something bad happens to the Cowboys? He may be a smart man, but it just bugs the crap out of me that he looks like a deer in headlights every the camera is on him after a bad play or a penalty.

Macarthur
09-20-2010, 11:35 AM

Did everyone see the Romo's press conference where he told the world that his bad passes were on purpose to avoid the defense?????? I wonder how that makes all the other players on the team feel?

You're a smarter football person than this. You know that QBs have to fit balls into holes in the defense all the time. He could not lead Roy more because he would have been throwing at the LB dropping into the lane.

Tony was off yesterday, but that play, IMO, is not a good example.

The pass to Witten, IMO, is a better example of him being a bit off with his accuracy. If he puts that ball to the right of Witten, it's a completion and a first down. Instead, he threw just a tick too quickly and hit his back shoulder.