PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 4 Top 10 - Post Here

R3Editor
09-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Post your top 10 from Region III here.

Results will be posted Tuesday afternoon.

Old Cardinal
09-19-2010, 05:22 PM
No #6 ranked Kirbyville and upstart Bridge City had a real good game Friday night.

at the half it was 27-24 Kirbyville; and near the end of the game it was 37-31, Kirbyville leading. It looked like BC might score and win by one point. However they got into a situation on their end of the field with a 4th down and had to pass, to try for a win in the ballgame.

Of course like most desperation situations they did not complete the pass. Therefore, the Wildcats got the ball and scored. Then at the very end of the game with both teams totally substituted....BC number 2 QB through a pass that was intercepted and Kirbyville won 51-31.
It was a great game and both teams benefited from the contest.

BC meets Hamshire-Fannett this coming Friday and real soon Kirbyville will meet West Orange-Stark in a scorcher of a top state high ratings game; probably the top game of that week in 3A TXs football.

In the Region III rankings I would rank the first 3 teams as:

1. WO-S
2. Kirbyville
3. Bridge City
Not confident enough to rank the rest...LOL

OldBison75
09-19-2010, 05:56 PM
1. WOS
2. Brookshire Royal - making a believer out of me
3. Kirbyville
4. Caldwell - much better team than I first believed
5. Sealy
6. Bridge City
7. Athens
8. Chapel Hill
9. Coldspring
10. Fairfield

WOS87
09-19-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm not even going to attempt to surmise how Region III should be ranked currently given the recent incident. I'm pulling for our team to to get it together and win it all for our missing star (as I'm sure every WOS fan is). I can guarantee every game from here on out will be played with lots of emotion and full-force by the WOS team once they make it through the initial grieving process...

The Giddings game is definitely cancelled but Kirbyville is still up in the air 2 weeks from now.

trojandad
09-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
No #6 ranked Kirbyville and upstart Bridge City had a real good game Friday night.

at the half it was 27-24 Kirbyville; and near the end of the game it was 37-31, Kirbyville leading. It looked like BC might score and win by one point. However they got into a situation on their end of the field with a 4th down and had to pass, to try for a win in the ballgame.

Of course like most desperation situations they did not complete the pass. Therefore, the Wildcats got the ball and scored. Then at the very end of the game with both teams totally substituted....BC number 2 QB through a pass that was intercepted and Kirbyville won 51-31.
It was a great game and both teams benefited from the contest.

BC meets Hamshire-Fannett this coming Friday and real soon Kirbyville will meet West Orange-Stark in a scorcher of a top state high ratings game; probably the top game of that week in 3A TXs football.

In the Region III rankings I would rank the first 3 teams as:

1. WO-S
2. Kirbyville
3. Bridge City
Not confident enough to rank the rest...LOL

in using kirbyville as a barometer, bc allowed an extra 100 yards rushing to kirbyville then we did as well as total yards....their offense is definitely better than in the last few years, i just don't think they're defense is there....bc had 177 yards passing but 64 came late on a breakaway or they would have been held to around 100.....i think they're offense is coming around but they're defense is definitely not clicking as well as ours at the moment,with our comparative stats with kirbyville as well as pitching a shutour against madisonville in their house when good teams like navasota and caldwell couldn't.....

on that defensive strength, i'd put coldspring above bridge city, though i think bc will outscore their way to a playoff spot this year....i wouldn't pull wo-s out of first.....

1. wo-s
2. b-royal
3. sealy (based on lagrange game)
4a. caldwell
4b. kirbyville (both need defenses to get as good as offenses)
6. coldspring (qb made some plays fri to let me know he gets it now)
7. athens
8. chapel hill
9. fairfield
10. bridge city.....

Old Cardinal
09-19-2010, 08:30 PM
To Trojandad:

Hey your team only scored 6 points against Kirbyville. With all due respect, I think three teams in District 21 3A can beat Coldspring in the Playoffs this year. Remember, a so-so team also put up 41 points against the Trojans already this season.

trojandad
09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
To Trojandad:

Hey your team only scored 6 points against Kirbyville. With all due respect, I think three teams in District 21 3A can beat Coldspring in the Playoffs this year. Remember, a so-so team also put up 41 points against the Trojans already this season.

1) the 6 pts against kirbyville is the main reason i haven't been stating that our offense is something to carry us, especiaally after losing our 3 yr starting qb last year....

2) my points were just based on similar opponents, as i did with navasota and caldwell, if you had played crockett i'd certainly be considering that.....

3) and as you can tell by my questions of you the last few weeks, i've just been looking to see if bc is on their way back or if they picked up a stud class to get the transition done in one season....

i'm glad you back your team, i'm just a believer that it takes a year or two to make the mental transition back to a winner's status.....it took us two years of watching wo-s walking all over us in the first round to not only get a feel for them but to also gain the attitude and swagger it takes to be at the top of the list.....every team goes through cycles (though it seems like wo-s doesn't, lol) but i just feel they need a year to compete at the higher level to learn how to win....

plus, i guess to be honest, i saw a different bc/kirbyville game than you described, and while i believe bc has made enough improvements that i'd put them over other teams i look up to, such as lagrange, i think they'll be the real deal by the end of the season, maybe even next season.....just like our success is gonna be hinged on how quickly our qb starts feeling comfy against tougher competition....

btw, i'm giving kirbyville their props off their record, but after seeing them against us and you guys, i don't think they could hang with the wo-s team i saw last year, down as they were....but then again that was a team with reggie, so.....

Old Cardinal
09-19-2010, 09:08 PM
BC will get better during this season; they have 4 Juniors starting in the backfield.

Coldspring has only one game that is contested in your District play and that is Huffman, right?

WOS87
09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
BC will get better during this season; they have 4 Juniors starting in the backfield.

Coldspring has only one game that is contested in your District play and that is Huffman, right?

BC could end up going DI the way silsbee got handled by Newton (and honestly I don't see BC doing too well in the 3A Region III DI playoffs but I would be rooting for them all the way)

I very likely may be leaving the country to go to Ireland this week but will take my hardware with me.... still have 3 weeks of vacation left

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-19-2010, 10:19 PM
1. Sealy
2. Brookshire Royal
3. WOS
4. Caldwell
5. Kirbyville
6. Bridge City
7. Athens
8. Chapel Hill
9. Coldspring
10. Fairfield

eagles_victory
09-19-2010, 10:30 PM
We shouldn't be ranked not one of those fans that hates when there team is ranked so they say don't rank them. But we have literally beat noone yet. We have potential to do some good things but we have to have played the weakest schedule of any of the undefeated teams.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
We shouldn't be ranked not one of those fans that hates when there team is ranked so they say don't rank them. But we have literally beat noone yet. We have potential to do some good things but we have to have played the weakest schedule of any of the undefeated teams.

well you will be in the top 10 till you lose

trojandad
09-19-2010, 11:08 PM

huffman is prolly our roughest test in district, splendora has some steam rolling.....we catch both of them at our place this year so that'll help....playing liberty at their place the last game of the season always works out to be a tough game, three of the last six years have been decided on the last two plays of the game.....seven years ago they lost a game with us when their kicker tried a 55 yard field goal and the refs said it went wide right, but it was hard to determine because even from 55 yards out the young man kicked it over the top of the right upright.....it would have been good from 75 in distance, it was the most incredible kick i've ever seen.....

trust me, i'm a huge bridge city fan, in 2003 i drove over to baytown to watch you guys play a DI first round game against barbers hill when you guys had that horse of a running back that went (i believe) to new mexico. great ballgame.....they just surprised me this year mainly because i didn't see where the jv had that much success in the last couple of years.....but i wish your guys the best......

87 TIGER
09-19-2010, 11:40 PM
1 Royal
2 Sealy
3 Caldwell
4 WOS
5 Kirbyville
6 Bridge City
7 Fairfield
8 Coldspring
9 Navasota
10 Giddings