PDA

View Full Version : Region III Week 4 GotW: Sealy (4-0) @ Wimberley (4-0)

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Lets Get It On!! who's ready for some football?

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
Lets Get It On!! who's ready for some football? I am! great matchup! taking Sealy in this game by a td

Tiger Turtle
09-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Can't make a realistic assessment since I haven't seen either team play this year, but I betcha it is gonna be a heck of a football game.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 11:54 AM
i wanna trash talk....in a friendly way of course...but will give it a few days due to events in West Orange Stark.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2010, 01:30 PM
When is this mega matchup played? Hope Saturday, love to see this one for sure.

YTBulldogs
09-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

Odd, no one knows?:)

sports mom
09-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs

Friday night in Wimberly @ 7:30 p.m.

GO GET 'EM TIGERS!!!!!!:cheerl:

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Is it homecoming?

hollywood
09-18-2010, 04:33 PM
Wimberley. Home field advantage.

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 04:37 PM
No, not homecoming. We aren't THAT brave!!! LOL...I think our homecoming is Bandera.

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Just wondering because I think I've seen more talk about homecoming this year than all the other years put together. Just wanted to jump into the fray.

I think this game could be a tossup. But it doesn't matter who wins because Brownwood(bowing head and curtsying at the same time) wins by default.:ack!:

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 04:56 PM
LOL...you didnt bow your head!

LHdog
09-18-2010, 04:57 PM
More like home ref advantage.

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by wimbo_pro
LOL...you didnt bow your head!

fixed it!;)

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
fixed it!;)
LOLOLOL...curtsy....hahahaha

wimbo_pro
09-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by LHdog
More like home ref advantage.

Oh quit your whining LHDog!! We pay those refs good!! LOL...hey, by the way, one of the ref teams we have this year has Jim Spencer from KXAN (weather man). i talked to him last game when I ran into him at the convenience store. Nice guy...called a good game. Gave us a couple TD's all by himself!

zebrablue2
09-18-2010, 07:35 PM
sealy by 2tds at least!!!

sinton66
09-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Hmmmmm. I'm spending the night in Pflugerville Friday nite. If I take off from work a little earlier than I had planned, I could make it to this game. Is there a meet and greet planned?

lbjacj
09-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
sealy by 2tds at least!!!

I don't think either team will dominate the other.It will probably come down to who makes the most mistakes and who has the ball last.Should be a great game!

I'll say...
wimberley 34
sealy 31

Based on home field advantage.

957tiger
09-18-2010, 08:50 PM
There have been some good games already played across the state this season and this looks like it will be a good game as well. Two teams who have no history. Should have a play-off feel at Texan Stadium. Any good food places near the stadium? I met a scouting coach from Wimberly at the Sealy game last night. Real nice guy. He was treated to a fun game. And yes 25 and 4 really are Soph.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Hmmmmm. I'm spending the night in Pflugerville Friday nite. If I take off from work a little earlier than I had planned, I could make it to this game. Is there a meet and greet planned?

not planned but i will be there...

pirate4state
09-19-2010, 12:49 PM
There is a Sinton alum on the Texan's staff. Ex-Sinton coaches on the opposite sideline. That doesn't mean anything, just thought I'd throw that out there :D

GO TIGERS!

SintonFan
09-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
There is a Sinton alum on the Texan's staff. Ex-Sinton coaches on the opposite sideline. That doesn't mean anything, just thought I'd throw that out there :D

GO TIGERS!

Umm...
Go Sealy? Go Wimberley?:evillol:

Daddy D 11
09-19-2010, 01:02 PM
wimberley>sealy

this year i have been very accurate in my game predictions lol

gobbler grad
09-19-2010, 01:02 PM
hard to call this one...throw both names in a hat and draw...looks like Sealy survives this one...will be hard fought to the end...good luck to both teams....:clap:your both top 10 teams...:)

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66

There can be...lets talk later in the week.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2010, 01:14 PM

GO TIGERS! few years back in a Wimberley vs Cuero playoff game a ex Sinton coach wife notice we were from Sinton and gave us a coaches Sinton jacket since they dont live in Sinton any longer, it had to have been his :)

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
There have been some good games already played across the state this season and this looks like it will be a good game as well. Two teams who have no history. Should have a play-off feel at Texan Stadium. Any good food places near the stadium? I met a scouting coach from Wimberly at the Sealy game last night. Real nice guy. He was treated to a fun game. And yes 25 and 4 really are Soph.

As far as food...there are a few places to eat. As you come into Wimberley from San Marcos on RR12, there is a really good pizza place at the Junction (you'll see it on the left, just as you have to take a right hand turn to follow RR12 into Wimberley proper). There is also the Cypress Creek Cafe, which is on the "square" in downtown Wimberely on your left...dont blink, you'll go right past it! There are a couple others on the square as well.

If you prefer really good homemade Mexican food, there is Mima's, very close to the stadium (on your left, just past Lion's Field where they have the Flea Market). Usually quick and priced right...and good.

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Not sure about just how good Sealy is...i can assume they are what everyone says. I am getting a good feeling for this team, assets and problem areas as well. If we patch up a few "lacking" parts of our game, I cannot see any team coming into our house and beating us with ease. So, being at home and with all the hype, I have to go with Wimberley by 10.

Daddy D 11
09-19-2010, 01:20 PM
any chance any of the 3 injured guys will come back?

wimbo_pro
09-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
any chance any of the 3 injured guys will come back?

There are more than 3...but the 3 you refer to (I assume) are real play makers for us. For one of them, he had what is potentially the most dangerous injury as compared to the others. He took a knee in the kidney area, and had internal bleeding and damaged the spleen (or so I was told). Of course, he swears he is coming back for the play offs. But unlike coming back too early after a knee injury, he is risking his life by doing so. I hope he does make it back, but I trust his parents will be extremely cautious, and they will make the right call. He is a junior.

We had our #1 tackler completely blow out his knee. He swears he is coming back for the play offs, but the docs said no way, seeing he had surgery in late August. He is a senior. We shall see.

We also had a hurt shoulder for a lineman as well ...not sure about him.

R3Editor
09-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Sealy is coming off a huge 50-12 win over La Grange while Wimberley also picked up a win against La Vernia, 35-21. Who do you have in this one? Thoughts?

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-19-2010, 08:53 PM
sealy.. i'm gonna say it now and may eat my words later but i think the Tigers win easy..

pancho villa
09-20-2010, 07:50 AM
Wimberly 21 Tigers 3

FbCoachB40
09-20-2010, 09:10 AM
I am hurt Pancho!!

We should be playing you guys this week, instead of traveling 193 miles.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2010, 09:11 AM
sealy.. i'm gonna say it now and may eat my words later but i think the Tigers win easy..

I would be surprised if either team wins "easy". I predict we will both come away with the belief that we both are deserving of our Top 10 ranking, and I predict a Texan victory. Home field can be a powerful thing.

Texans by 10

wimbo_pro
09-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
I am hurt Pancho!!

193 miles??? Where the heck you going??? Wimberley to Sealy is only 130 miles!!!

FbCoachB40
09-20-2010, 09:17 AM
I take the long route...193 just sounded better. HAH!

wimbo_pro
09-20-2010, 09:23 AM
I take the long route...193 just sounded better. HAH!

LOL...Obviously I-10 to Luling is the fastest way. There has been a new road to open up that avoids going through downtown San Marcos. When you come to I-35 in San Marcos, go left (south) on I-35 for a few miles to the new RR12 exit. It will bypass San Marcos downtown area and save you some time!

AKA CEASAR
09-20-2010, 09:32 AM
Well a buddy of mine obviously from SEALY claims they will completely dominate, but Wimberely by 10 points. Sealy won't get their homecooking as usual, so they will struggle and lose this one with Wimberely scoring late to go up by 10.....

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by AKA CEASAR
Well a buddy of mine obviously from SEALY claims they will completely dominate, but Wimberely by 10 points. Sealy won't get their homecooking as usual, so they will struggle and lose this one with Wimberely scoring late to go up by 10.....

Sealy has TOO many great players... and wimbo's homefield wont fase the tigers.. they have won big in La Grange and in Bellville of recent.. they take pride in beating a team in their own house.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Sealy has TOO many great players... and wimbo's homefield wont fase the tigers.. they have won big in La Grange and in Bellville of recent.. they take pride in beating a team in their own house.
I have heard the same thing, Black&Gold...that Sealy is packed with great individual talent. However, we have a recent history of beating teams who were packed with much more individual talent than us, but yet we would beat them as a TEAM. I suspect the same thing here. I predict our coaches will find the key to victory as the game goes along, make adjustments, and overcome. We have the talent to be able to do this, and we have the coaching skills to make it happen. Should be a great game!

hookandladder
09-20-2010, 10:05 AM
After watching Sealy last week, they looked to be very good on both sides of the ball. Their OL and DL will be the difference in this game also QB and Seals-Jones are near impossible to stop, Sealy by 10.

pancho villa
09-20-2010, 10:17 AM
I am hurt Pancho!!

Our opp. only has 25 miles. The mighty Bay City Black Cats.

juice
09-20-2010, 10:38 AM
is bay city any good? I saw them not too long ago on film, they looked talented, but they played poorly.

TexanAlum_06
09-20-2010, 11:49 AM
Should be great game. Couple of points for Wimberley:

- Haven't seen Sealy this year but I will go ahead and assume they will have more size and speed than us by a considerable margin. They will come out and hit us right in the mouth from the first play and we better hit them right back.... or hit them first. (leads me to next point)

- I have a feeling this game will be a shootout and we must avoid starting slow offensively, we can't spot them 14 points off of mistakes/turnovers. We typically start slow but finish strong and against average competition (last 3 games) you can get away with that, not the case this week....

- The entire defense will need to step up their level of play, especially in the secondary. Somebody is gonna have to cover that 6'5 230lb WR. I suspect that Dennis may cover him some (athlete on athlete) but he will need some help seeing as he has many other duties. Who's gonna step up to the plate?

- Wimberley tends to rise to the level of their competition in big games, so im confident we will be ready to play. This is going to be a fist fight from start to finish. (not literally)

R4Editor
09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Game will come down to the end. Wimberley at home advantage Texans.

957tiger
09-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Homecooking??? Obviously you have not been to a Sealy game. The officials still enjoy getting their face time signaling penalties against Sealy. There is a new stat in Tigerland. Tackles by an opposing offense that result in a penalty against the Tiger defense. Homecooking you got to be kidding.

wimbo_pro
09-20-2010, 12:08 PM
I agree with TexanAlum...we have to step up our game. This Sealy team is not to be taken lightly, as they will smash our hopes if we let them jump up on us right away (by 14 or more). We have issues to iron out (and you know what I am talking about, TxAlum...I won't mention them here), but I am hopeful we will get them addressed. This is gonna be a great game!

hookandladder
09-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
Should be great game. Couple of points for Wimberley:

- Haven't seen Sealy this year but I will go ahead and assume they will have more size and speed than us by a considerable margin. They will come out and hit us right in the mouth from the first play and we better hit them right back.... or hit them first. (leads me to next point)

- I have a feeling this game will be a shootout and we must avoid starting slow offensively, we can't spot them 14 points off of mistakes/turnovers. We typically start slow but finish strong and against average competition (last 3 games) you can get away with that, not the case this week....

- The entire defense will need to step up their level of play, especially in the secondary. Somebody is gonna have to cover that 6'5 230lb WR. I suspect that Dennis may cover him some (athlete on athlete) but he will need some help seeing as he has many other duties. Who's gonna step up to the plate?

- Wimberley tends to rise to the level of their competition in big games, so im confident we will be ready to play. This is going to be a fist fight from start to finish. (not literally)

If think 1 guy is going to cover Seals-Jones the 6'5 sophmore, you will have a long night. There are not many 6'5 players that can move like him, scary thing is he is even better in basketball.

TexanAlum_06
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
If think 1 guy is going to cover Seals-Jones the 6'5 sophmore, you will have a long night. There are not many 6'5 players that can move like him, scary thing is he is even better in basketball.

Yes I know that - I meant that Dennis will probably line up over him at CB some. (pure speculation)

But I don't think the coaches would want him running up and down the field covering him all day. Somebody else will need to step up and take some of the load. Double covering Jones is a given, I just didnt specify that in my original post.

LE Dad
09-20-2010, 03:11 PM
The excitement is high in Wimberely...

Just look at this Texan fans attempt to hang up their coat before taking their child to daycare.:thinking:

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad340/LEDad_01/Gilmer/baby_hook.jpg

Texans in a close one.:clap: :clap:

wimbo_pro
09-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder

I think the key will be pressure on the QB.

CueroDad08
09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
I would have to go with the Sealy Tigers in this one, as long as it's not being played at Texas State.....Not good last time they played there.

FutureAD
09-21-2010, 12:07 AM
I think the key will be pressure on the QB.

Mitchell never has any luck in San Marcos or against Cuero...but ill take sealy in this fight cant wait to go watch this game

gold_33
09-21-2010, 11:09 AM
This one is gonna be a battle, I think its a toss up either way. Our D is gonna have to bring their A game and find a way to slow down the Tigers or it'll be a long night. I dont think Sealy will be able to completely stop Dennis but if we dont find a way to get our receivers involved in the game then we're gonna struggle. We have to have more intensity then we showed in the second half against La Vernia when we had a chance to completely blow them away and we seemed to let up. I know we had some second stringers in the game and not our regulars on D and we went pretty basic on offense but we seemed to lack the fire we had in the first half. With Smith and Lambert playing on D we are stout but they cant play both ways all game and we need the back ups to step up. Im only predicting us to win by 3 because I think this will be our biggest test so far this year and I want to see how we step up to the challenge. Wimberley 31 Sealy 28

Tx Challenge
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Wimberley by 10...

AKA CEASAR
09-21-2010, 12:57 PM
wimberely will shut down Seals-Jones easily...

Tiger Dad
09-21-2010, 01:05 PM
AKA continues to show his complete ignorance of all things football. For proof look at his comments before the La Grange game. What year or years did Sealy rub your nose in it?

TexanAlum_06
09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Wimberley by 10...

Hope your right :)

957tiger
09-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Dad
AKA continues to show his complete ignorance of all things football. For proof look at his comments before the La Grange game. What year or years did Sealy rub your nose in it?

Based on his comments (all wrong so far) there may be an angry man behind the predictions. I am curious when Sealy was the district doormat in 2001-06, you know the team schools plan homecoming around, was he as down on Sealy as he is now.

Tin Cup
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Sealy 34
Wimberley 14

No reason, just a score

KatyEx69
09-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Real close game whoever wins will only win by 7 at most, just saying close game

Body
09-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Just like I predicted last week, I said Sealy would roll La Grange and they did and AKA Ceasar was wrong again.
Sealy 38 Wimberley 28
MARK IT DOWN

KatyEx69
09-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Mark it down???? Guess the next thing you are gonna say is that if you win by 7 its a blowout, so guess this game will be a blow out??? Good luck with your prediction Nastrodaumus

Body
09-21-2010, 02:41 PM
DId I say Sealy would blow them out? I'm pretty sure I did'nt. I say Sealy wins by 10.

KatyEx69
09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
You already typed it don't try to eat your words now. Talk is cheap, theif

Body
09-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Sealy 99 Wimberly 5

KatyEx69
09-21-2010, 02:47 PM
and the truth comes out you a bonafied idiot.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Sealy 34
Wimberley 14

atleast

wimbo_pro
09-21-2010, 04:20 PM
atleast

At Least by 20 points? Really? Well, if you are right, then I will be the first to say "wow...you guys are the REAL DEAL". However, I say you might be a bit surprised, cuz we got some power too.

Are we TRULY State Top 5 material at this point? I am not so sure at this point in the season due to the lack of real competition thus far (except for Cuero). And if there are any Wimberley fans out there asking how could I say such a thing, well....I base it on what I have seen in the past 5 years (have seen 5 different eventual champions play)and where we were in our championship drive in '05. If you'll remember, we weren't burning them up with perfection at this point during that year either. But we got it together when it counted. The coaches know how to do this...I trust them.

I DO believe we will be Top 5 material come play off time, but to be straight out honest here, we have some holes we have to fill in the road to a Championship. So...my point is this:

If Sealy is hitting on all cylinders and are everything we have been told, then we will struggle to win this game. But if they are not....or they too struggle...we will walk away with a win. I predict the latter, by 10 points.

pirate4state
09-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Is G2 usually a curse for the home or visiting team? :thinking: :D

I got some good news today and that means I get to go to Wimberely and watch this awesome match up!!

WOO HOO ~~~ can't wait!!! :cheerl:

TexanAlum_06
09-21-2010, 08:32 PM
At Least by 20 points? Really? Well, if you are right, then I will be the first to say "wow...you guys are the REAL DEAL". However, I say you might be a bit surprised, cuz we got some power too.

Are we TRULY State Top 5 material at this point? I am not so sure at this point in the season due to the lack of real competition thus far (except for Cuero). And if there are any Wimberley fans out there asking how could I say such a thing, well....I base it on what I have seen in the past 5 years (have seen 5 different eventual champions play)and where we were in our championship drive in '05. If you'll remember, we weren't burning them up with perfection at this point during that year either. But we got it together when it counted. The coaches know how to do this...I trust them.

I DO believe we will be Top 5 material come play off time, but to be straight out honest here, we have some holes we have to fill in the road to a Championship. So...my point is this:

If Sealy is hitting on all cylinders and are everything we have been told, then we will struggle to win this game. But if they are not....or they too struggle...we will walk away with a win. I predict the latter, by 10 points.

I agree with this.... We are playing some good ball right now(best since 06 reg season), but we still have a ways to go until we are playing championship level football. We have the talent to reach that level, it just comes down to how hard these boys want to work to attain it.

If Sealy puts us in a position where we are forced to throw the football then we may struggle a bit.

OldBison75
09-21-2010, 10:08 PM
As an outsider looking in, I think that the Wimberley offense is much better than Sealy has seen all year. I also think that the one weakness of the Sealy team is the run defense. They have plenty of spped on defense and no one is gonna kill them with the sweeps and wide plays, but they are not as strong against a power running team and misdirection plays.

On the flip side, if Sealy can control the Wimberley running game and force them to a passing game, they have the advantage. Defensively, Wimberley has to get pressure on the QB and force him to make quick decisions. If he has time, he will kill you. If you don't play the corners tough against the run, it will be a long night for the Texan defense.

Wimberley proved that they can control the running game against Cuero. The key to me will be how well they pressure the passer and keep containment on him.

I am betting the Texans will be so fired up in the early going that they will make a mistake or two that gives Sealy some big plays and then they will calm down and methodically take control.

Wimberley 27
Sealy 21

wimbo_pro
09-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
As an outsider looking in, I think that the Wimberley offense is much better than Sealy has seen all year. I also think that the one weakness of the Sealy team is the run defense. They have plenty of spped on defense and no one is gonna kill them with the sweeps and wide plays, but they are not as strong against a power running team and misdirection plays.

On the flip side, if Sealy can control the Wimberley running game and force them to a passing game, they have the advantage. Defensively, Wimberley has to get pressure on the QB and force him to make quick decisions. If he has time, he will kill you. If you don't play the corners tough against the run, it will be a long night for the Texan defense.

Wimberley proved that they can control the running game against Cuero. The key to me will be how well they pressure the passer and keep containment on him.

I am betting the Texans will be so fired up in the early going that they will make a mistake or two that gives Sealy some big plays and then they will calm down and methodically take control.

Wimberley 27
Sealy 21

Good assessment. Better than many think, I say.

THEWIMBOTEXAN75
09-21-2010, 11:08 PM

Ok yeah you have seen many "POSSIBLE" champs since 2005 but little do most people relize, we had coach pierce in 2005 and the years prior to that, now we are fortunate to get him back this year and look at our record thus far. we are starting out 4-0. For those who say this is going to be a blow-out you are sadly mistaken, this is going to be a knockdown drag out game. I can BET you that BOTH teams will have a few mistakes on either side of the ball, witch will probly lead to BIG plays. Im gonna have to say Wimberley is gonna come out on top of this one by 14>>> DUE TO A LATE SCORE IN THE 4Th

SintonFan
09-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Gonna be an awesome game!
No prediction, at least now.:vrycnfsd:

wimbo_pro
09-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by THEWIMBOTEXAN75
Ok yeah you have seen many "POSSIBLE" champs since 2005

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I am saying I have seen 5 eventual state championship teams since 05. That would be Wimberley 05, Abilene Wylie in 05, Liberty Eylau in 06, Liberty Hill in 06 and Liberty Hill in 07. My point is that I have seen what it takes for a team to be a State Champion, and I base my opinion on that.

Regarding Coach Pierce, I am glad to have him back. And the truth is, our offense is looking better now (at this point in the season) than it did in 05, but our defense is not quite to the level as seen in 05, up to this point. We do have one big issue hanging out there on offense, and I trust Coach Pierce will fix it in due time. I also trust Coach Smith will fix our defensive problems, as I hope some returning talent will help.

P.S. I agree with your prediction...relatively close game, with Wimberley up by 10 at the end.

gold_33
09-22-2010, 09:13 AM
Im still waiting on our big breakout game that proves that we our for real this year, I thought that the Cuero game may have been it but that win was not nearly as impressive once LH beat them the next week and I dont know what the outcome of that game will be if we meet later in the playoffs. In 05 it was the LH game that set the tone for the season and made me start thinking we could have a chance and I think this game is much like that because we arent gonna see this level of competition again until the playoffs. I dont see us being across the board as talented as the 05 team at all Smith, Lambert, Alana and a healthy Blakemore wouldve been the only guys I think wouldve started on the 05 team and the depth in 05 was just outstanding for 3A because we could rotate guys without having a dropoff like I see this year. I think our top-end talent is as good as we've had but I dont see the playmakers and across the board athletes as we had in 05. That year was big play after big play by numerous players and this year we just havent shown that besides Smith and Lambert. I think we're good and we have plenty of young guys to step and start making plays but nows the time to start doing it if we want to contend for a championship. Getting Pierce back has brought some production back to the offense with some different variations in plays but he's not the OC and doesnt call plays and until we do get him back to that role we wont see the firepower on offense that we had in 05-06.

LeonJr
09-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Leon says Sealy by 14

AKA CEASAR
09-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Once again Leon you are an idiot!!! Do you even watch football..

BaseballUmp
09-22-2010, 12:07 PM
BLACK&GOLD we still rollin to Wimberley? If so, I guess I gotta pick Sealy haha
35-21

wimbo_pro
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
BLACK&GOLD we still rollin to Wimberley? If so, I guess I gotta pick Sealy haha
35-21

If you guys (or anyone else) are up for a M&G, I would love to meet up.

957tiger
09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
Sounds good to me. Where is the best spot for everyone?

gameface
09-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Sealy is real deal.....surrender Dorothy, I mean Wimberly!!!:cool:

wimbo_pro
09-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Sounds good to me. Where is the best spot for everyone?

Flagpole, at halftime. It's near the concessions!

BaseballUmp
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
You payin?

wimbo_pro
09-22-2010, 04:52 PM
You payin?

you bringin' the beer???

BaseballUmp
09-22-2010, 04:55 PM
you bringin' the beer???
you got the koozies?

wimbo_pro
09-22-2010, 07:11 PM
you got the koozies?

You rootin' for the Texans???

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Once again Leon you are an idiot!!! Do you even watch football..

You have no room to call anyone an idiot, you said La Grange was gonna roll sealy.. you said Hempstead was Gonna roll Brookshire Royal...YOU are an idiot:rolleyes:

Sealy has better coaches and more individual talent.. sealy easy, just a normal friday night

wimbo_pro
09-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by gold_33
Im still waiting on our big breakout game that proves that we our for real this year, I thought that the Cuero game may have been it but that win was not nearly as impressive once LH beat them the next week and I dont know what the outcome of that game will be if we meet later in the playoffs. In 05 it was the LH game that set the tone for the season and made me start thinking we could have a chance and I think this game is much like that because we arent gonna see this level of competition again until the playoffs. I dont see us being across the board as talented as the 05 team at all Smith, Lambert, Alana and a healthy Blakemore wouldve been the only guys I think wouldve started on the 05 team and the depth in 05 was just outstanding for 3A because we could rotate guys without having a dropoff like I see this year. I think our top-end talent is as good as we've had but I dont see the playmakers and across the board athletes as we had in 05. That year was big play after big play by numerous players and this year we just havent shown that besides Smith and Lambert. I think we're good and we have plenty of young guys to step and start making plays but nows the time to start doing it if we want to contend for a championship. Getting Pierce back has brought some production back to the offense with some different variations in plays but he's not the OC and doesnt call plays and until we do get him back to that role we wont see the firepower on offense that we had in 05-06.

Gold33, this is a fair and accurate assessment of where we are at. One point I would make that is a little different than yours...I bet if we went back and looked at the first 4 games of 05 (and 06), we would see that our offensive output this year is well ahead of both of them...by a wide margin. It's the defense that is not performing to those levels, certainly not the 05 defense. I think where we both agree is that we are not hitting all the offensive cylinders yet...kind of chugging along nicely without using all weapons. i think that part might be giving many of us the concerns we have. But...other than Brownwood <bows head>, who IS hitting on all cylinders right now? I am content with what has transpired so far, but I know we need to really step it up if we want a championship. We have time, and we have coaches who have been there before. I feel good about our prospects.

wimbo_pro
09-22-2010, 09:54 PM
You have no room to call anyone an idiot, you said La Grange was gonna roll sealy.. you said Hempstead was Gonna roll Brookshire Royal...YOU are an idiot:rolleyes:

Sealy has better coaches and more individual talent.. sealy easy, just a normal friday night

It appears that you do indeed have more individual talent, based on stats. But we have beaten dozens of teams with more "individual talent", and we plan to do it again Friday night. Regarding better coaching...just what do you base that on?

FbCoachB40
09-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Wimberly has a GREAT coaching staff with a state championship. They are very intelligent

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 07:52 AM
Wimberly has a GREAT coaching staff with a state championship. They are very intelligent

Even if you don't agree they are GREAT...you must at least admit they have been to the Big Show and proved they can win it. This is enough for others who don't know much about them to think "hey, maybe they know what they are doing". They have earned my respect.

gold_33
09-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Gold33, this is a fair and accurate assessment of where we are at. One point I would make that is a little different than yours...I bet if we went back and looked at the first 4 games of 05 (and 06), we would see that our offensive output this year is well ahead of both of them...by a wide margin. It's the defense that is not performing to those levels, certainly not the 05 defense. I think where we both agree is that we are not hitting all the offensive cylinders yet...kind of chugging along nicely without using all weapons. i think that part might be giving many of us the concerns we have. But...other than Brownwood <bows head>, who IS hitting on all cylinders right now? I am content with what has transpired so far, but I know we need to really step it up if we want a championship. We have time, and we have coaches who have been there before. I feel good about our prospects.

Good point but the 05-06 team we just seemed to have more weapons for when Buse got bottled up and slowed down that we could turn to. While no one has yet to slow down our running game at this point in the season, and it has been very effective, we need to find some playmakers on the outside to keep teams honest and since Blakemore went down it no one has seemed to step up and fill that role. I know we have the talent to do it, its just when are they going to step up and make plays and take the pressure of the run. It may just be the fact that we havent had a need to showcase our passing game because we've run so well but last game against La Vernia we didnt look sharp trying to pass the ball. As for the D, the lack of speed in the secondary when Lambert and Smith arent on the field could be a problem later on. Alana at MLB is an absolute beast and keeps getting better, were a little small along the line but quick but just not much depth on the line it seems. I think we will be fine because Nelms' teams usually get better the further the season goes along and if thats the case with this team then we are gonna be tough to beat. This is the test to see where we are and how far we can go!!

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Yep...big test with Sealy. Even if we dont win but hang tough with them throughout the game, it will be a huge success for us. We are young and unsure of our capabilities (even though they talk tough as young kids do, they really have not shown complete confidence on the field yet). Sealy knows what they are talking about, and a lot of the Sealy die hards think this is the best team since their championship in the late 90's...so I am pumped!! We WIN this game...we got something going on!!!

Wimberley by 10!!!!!

FbCoachB40
09-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Make no mistake...Sealy is fairly young also. 5 starting positions filled by Sophs. & 3 filled by Jrs.

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Make no mistake...Sealy is fairly young also. 5 starting positions filled by Sophs. & 3 filled by Jrs.

Good to know. Are these skill positions?

957tiger
09-23-2010, 11:23 AM

Not sure where you got your numbers from. There are only four Soph on the Varsity Roster. Of the four, two have one year of Varsity experience
The other three are pretty solid players who were stand-outs on their teams as freshmen, and are not listed as starters. As for the juniors, one was on the Varsity squad, while the other two were leaders on the JV. This team is filled with seniors, most with at least two years of Varsity playing time.

Tiger Dad
09-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Three sophs start, Davis, Seals-Jones,Pratt. K. Brown plays alot. Also moved Burttschell up this week at RG/DT.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
Three sophs start, Davis, Seals-Jones,Pratt. K. Brown plays alot. Also moved Burttschell up this week at RG/DT.

Brown does play and will be very good in the future.. Burttschell will not play a snap all season, tigers just need another solid back up on the short in depth Oline so the only young ones to worry about are Davis Seals-Jones... if you doubt them for a second.. they will put 21 a quarter on you

Tiger Dad
09-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Would you like to wager on whether Burttschell plays a snap all season? They don't move sophs up to sit the bench.

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
So...whats the weak spot on your defense that you just know if the other team exploited it, you would surely lose?
:)

Tiger Dad
09-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Run right at Mitchell. j/k ;)

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Would you like to wager on whether Burttschell plays a snap all season? They don't move sophs up to sit the bench.

umm Eddie Martinez got moved up last year as a soph just to back up a low in depth line and didn't play 1 snap all year... So yeaaahhh.... i hope he does get a shot, I'm all for the young ones to get an opportunity to prove what they can do

spirate_9
09-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow. So after 132 votes, it's dead even at 66 a piece.

Best of luck to both teams. Hopefully, Mitchell and the Tigers can pull it out.

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by spirate_9
Wow. So after 132 votes, it's dead even at 66 a piece.

Best of luck to both teams. Hopefully, Mitchell and the Tigers can pull it out.

So true spirate....Even Steven! As I said earlier, we plan on winning this game. However, if Sealy really is all that we hear, and they beat us as we put out our best effort, then so be it. I will salute them as a true Top5 team. Whomever loses this game will surely drop out of the Top5. But either way, its ok....the play offs are what count. We NEED this game, win or lose. I say Wimberley wins...but I am not "Rocket" enough to guarantee it. Too much respect for Sealy to be that blindingly bold.

zebrablue2
09-23-2010, 11:44 PM
So true spirate....Even Steven! As I said earlier, we plan on winning this game. However, if Sealy really is all that we hear, and they beat us as we put out our best effort, then so be it. I will salute them as a true Top5 team. Whomever loses this game will surely drop out of the Top5. But either way, its ok....the play offs are what count. We NEED this game, win or lose. I say Wimberley wins...but I am not "Rocket" enough to guarantee it. Too much respect for Sealy to be that blindingly bold.

GREAT POST, and the best of luck to both teams!! May both play injury free. and leave it all on the field, Here's to a great Texas high school football game about to happen:2thumbsup it will be fun!!

wimbo_pro
09-23-2010, 11:53 PM
GREAT POST, and the best of luck to both teams!! May both play injury free. and leave it all on the field, Here's to a great Texas high school football game about to happen:2thumbsup it will be fun!!

Thanks ZebraBlue...I mean it too. We have no experience or previous history with Sealy, so we bring nothing to the field but a good ol' Texas HS football attitude to win. Plain and simple...two gladiators with no axe to grind....football at its best. I am honored to have Sealy and their storied program and fans in our house. Let's get it on!!!!

Wimberley by 10.

957tiger
09-24-2010, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wimbo_pro
[B]Thanks ZebraBlue...I mean it too. We have no experience or previous history with Sealy, so we bring nothing to the field but a good ol' Texas HS football attitude to win. Plain and simple...two gladiators with no axe to grind....football at its best. I am honored to have Sealy and their storied program and fans in our house. Let's get it on!!!!

Witout a doubt the best post so far. I look forward to an epic battle tonight. Hopefully your TV and print media will do a better job of covering the game than Houston. Looking forward to some Hill Country Hospitality.

wimbo_pro
09-24-2010, 08:25 AM
[B]Thanks ZebraBlue...I mean it too. We have no experience or previous history with Sealy, so we bring nothing to the field but a good ol' Texas HS football attitude to win. Plain and simple...two gladiators with no axe to grind....football at its best. I am honored to have Sealy and their storied program and fans in our house. Let's get it on!!!!

Witout a doubt the best post so far. I look forward to an epic battle tonight. Hopefully your TV and print media will do a better job of covering the game than Houston. Looking forward to some Hill Country Hospitality.
Ya Know 957tiger, we dont get a lot of press here out of Austin...maybe a little...unless we are real contenders. They didnt even give Liberty Hill their due when they won two championships in a row, and they are right near Austin! I think its the 3A thingy. Anyways, I am hoping this changes tonight...and the cameras are there. I would hope FSN will be there too..they havent shown anything from Wimberley thusfar this season (at least to my knowledge). No biggy...good football coming our way! Come see us at halftime at the flagpole!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
09-24-2010, 12:41 PM
They didnt even give Liberty Hill their due when they won two championships in a row, and they are right near Austin! I think its the 3A thingy.
Well, in the Statesman's defense :rolleyes: , there wasn't room for them to cover the first one. They had to have 1/2 of the front page of Sports to cover Westlake getting beat by SLC. :rolleyes: :doh:

muscatcannelli
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
sealy first big test, they arent ready. wimberley by 2 TD's

areacode337
09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
Sealy wins this one......head baseball coach is the difference.......

buff4ever
09-24-2010, 02:12 PM
If sealy is a good as they think they are, this will be a very good game to watch. I pick wimberly to win this game in a close one.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-24-2010, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by areacode337
Sealy wins this one......head baseball coach is the difference.......

why? He's a GREAT coach, one of my favs if not my fav.. he coaches the D ends.. dont think he will be the difference in the game though

BaseballUmp
09-24-2010, 03:52 PM
why? He's a GREAT coach, one of my favs if not my fav.. he coaches the D ends.. dont think he will be the difference in the game though
Pretty sure he was joking lol

TexanAlum_06
09-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Dennis smith with a 75 yard interception return. 7-0 wimberley mid 1st.

TexanAlum_06
09-24-2010, 07:53 PM
1 yard td run by Dennis smith. 14-0 wimberley late 1st.

Tiger Turtle
09-24-2010, 08:43 PM
24-14 Wimberly at the half. Barret throws INT in endzone with under 30 secs to go. It was likely that one team or the other was going to turn out to be a bit overrated once this game was over. At this point, it looks like it might be Sealy. Half time adjust-ments might loom large.

Stats
09-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Any updates?

warhorsejoe
09-24-2010, 09:53 PM
from sasports.com

Wimberley 24
Sealy 17
4th

warhorsejoe
09-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Stats
Any updates?

from sasports.com

Wimberley 31
Sealy 17
4th

SintonFan
09-24-2010, 10:23 PM
WTH? It's almost 10:30 pm and the game is STILL on?:confused:

fourbeee
09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
31-30 Wimberley, Sealy coach gets led out of stadium for multiple unsportsman fouls after Sealy goes for 2 and doesnt make it. Sealy coach runs down to the goal line screaming at refs that they scored. Officials say he didnt, He went off on the officals

OldBison75
09-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Sealy comes back and has a chance to win on a two point conversion and is stopped. The Sealy broadcast says he got in but the refs say no good. Mitchell is ejected from the field after two or three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for arguing with the refs.

Sealy onside kicks and gets the ball back and with 5 seconds left throws a screen and the runner is tackled and time runs out.

FINAL
WIMBERLEY 31
SEALY 30

Great game.

HEMOTOXIC
Originally posted by fourbeee
31-30 Wimberley, Sealy coach gets led out of stadium for multiple unsportsman fouls after Sealy goes for 2 and doesnt make it. Sealy coach runs down to the goal line screaming at refs that they scored. Officials say he didnt, He went off on the officals

Wow

OnceABucJr
Would that be Jimmy?

spirate_9
09-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Sounds like the refs screwed Sealy in this one.

OldBison75
09-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Yep--Coach Mitchell went crazy wild and may have been right.
I would like to see a film of that play--it sounded on the broadcast like everyone in the stadium thought Sealy made the XP.

OnceABucJr
09-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Sounds like Jimmy will be visiting Austin soon!

Reds fan
09-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Geez, lots of theater at the end!

Reds fan
09-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Sounds like the refs screwed Sealy in this one.

Did the refs get Sealy behind 31-17?

OldBison75
09-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I was listening to the fans in the background on the radio broadcast and the Sealy fans appeared to believe he scored, and the Wimberley fans were very quiet like they might have also believed he got in.

In the interviews after the game, the ball carrier on the play in question said he was in the endzone and was pushed back after on the ground. WHO KNOWS.

Two great teams that played a great game. It is a shame it had to end under controversy.

rb585
09-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

In the interviews after the game, the ball carrier on the play in question said he was in the endzone and was pushed back after on the ground. WHO KNOWS.

I know he got into the end zone, but I don't know if he got into the end zone before his knee was down, and neither does anyone on the stands on either side, and neither does the coach who made a jack*ss of himself. It was really close, and no one but the two line judges had an angle to see.

The dude is 6'5" and he went down low into the pile. I think it's fairly likely his knee hit early. The guys who were standing right on the goal line said it did.

SintonFan
09-24-2010, 10:53 PM
Wow!
Great game by both teams!

Congratulations on the hard earned win Texans!

Sorry about the loss Sealy, too bad someone had to lose.

Mustofbeen a heckofagame!
:clap:

44INAROW
09-24-2010, 10:58 PM

:hand: wow - I have a hunch I know who'll be on here blaming the refs in the morning :doh:

sounds like a heck of a game.. :p

lbjacj
09-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Wow! I still can't believe that finish!I was on the other end of the field so I didn't see if he got in on the 2 point conversion but my son was on the goal line and said his knee was down short but the ball broke the plane by a foot.
Wimberley relaxed too soon and almost paid for it.When Dennis scored that would have put us up 38-17 and it got called back by holding, they weren't the same after that.Trying to run out the clock we fumble and the recover in the end zone.31-24 They get the onside kick and drive down and score again.31-30 They miss on the 2 point conversion then the penalties and the kickoff from their 12 yard line and get the onside kick again! 7 seconds left they get a completion and he breaks into the open but gets tackled in Texan territory to end the game!Unbelievable!:eek:

spirate_9
09-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Did the refs get Sealy behind 31-17?

Maybe not, but when they blow the last call that decides that game. That's screwing them.

buff4ever
09-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Wimberly has a lesson to learn from this game tonight. They should have never let sealy back in the game.:D :D :D

gold_33
09-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Wow, stupid mistakes late by Wimberley turned a game that seemed to be wrapped up into a closer game than it shouldve been. We were in control for almost the entire game then instead of lining up in the I and running down the clock with under a minute to go we go to shotgun and fumble the exchange which goes into the endzone for a Sealy TD, they then get the onside and drive down to score and go for 2. Hard to tell from the stands if he got in or not, he was stopped initially then went down into a pile, couldnt tell if his knee touched or what but neither ref signaled anything and they all got together to discuss it and ruled he was down before he scored. Now I dont know if it was the right call or not, and I think it was questionable because his upper body looked in but I dont know about his lower half. The coach did go to far but I think he had a good argument but you cannot react that way in front of your players and you have to control your emotions. Hats off to Sealy they have a really good team and will go far and congrats Texans on another hard fought win!!

sports mom
09-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Win or lose, THE SEALY TIGERS played with heart. We are very proud of them.

For those of you that weren't at the game, you all didn't see what we saw. Don't think the refs didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the game. Wimberly definately had the home field advantage. But you can bet dishonesty will come back to bite later.

44INAROW
09-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by sports mom

For those of you that weren't at the game, you all didn't see what we saw. Don't think the refs didn't have anything to do with the outcome of the game. Wimberly definately had the home field advantage. But you can bet dishonesty will come back to bite later.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

gold_33
09-24-2010, 11:17 PM

I dont think thats fair at all but you think what you want. I believe we probably doubled yall in penalties all night with a TD called back on a bogus holding call but if we wouldve lost I wouldnt be complaining about the refs. The refs are a part of the game and you just have to deal with what they call and see whether you agree or not because it goes both ways. We whipped Sealy all night and let them back in it ourselves with a dumb play call so to say we cheated to win is absolutely dumb and it takes away from our kids that played hard all night.

sports mom
09-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:eek: :eek: :eek:

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

pirate4state
09-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Wow, stupid mistakes late by Wimberley turned a game that seemed to be wrapped up into a closer game than it shouldve been. We were in control for almost the entire game then instead of lining up in the I and running down the clock with under a minute to go we go to shotgun and fumble the exchange which goes into the endzone for a Sealy TD, they then get the onside and drive down to score and go for 2. Hard to tell from the stands if he got in or not, he was stopped initially then went down into a pile, couldnt tell if his knee touched or what but neither ref signaled anything and they all got together to discuss it and ruled he was down before he scored. Now I dont know if it was the right call or not, and I think it was questionable because his upper body looked in but I dont know about his lower half. The coach did go to far but I think he had a good argument but you cannot react that way in front of your players and you have to control your emotions. Hats off to Sealy they have a really good team and will go far and congrats Texans on another hard fought win!! Good to meet you tonight. Agree with everything you posted. I knew as soon as there was no signal that Jimmie was gonna go ballistic. He had been on that side judge all night. It's a shame it had to come to that. From where I was sitting it looked like he was in, no question. Sealy had too many mistakes early on. turning the ball over 3 times, and still had a shot to win. Wimberely has a great team.wouldn't want to see them down the road as they will only continue to improve.

Glad I made the trip.

please excuse any typos...on my cell lol

TexDad
09-24-2010, 11:29 PM
It should never have come down to a 2 point conversion for the win. We had a 14 point lead with about a minute to play. 2nd down and long from the 7 yard line. Not sure what happened but I think we should have lined up under center, ran two plays and either taken a safety or punted........Wimberely dominated most of the game and yes we had probably twice as many penalties than Sealy. Looked like Sealy got away with several obivious holding no calls. So you can say what you want but I think we should be the one complaining about the refs. Just my opionion, good luck to Sealy the rest of the season and throw the ball to #4 more. He is good............

sports mom
09-24-2010, 11:31 PM
I dont think thats fair at all but you think what you want. I believe we probably doubled yall in penalties all night with a TD called back on a bogus holding call but if we wouldve lost I wouldnt be complaining about the refs. The refs are a part of the game and you just have to deal with what they call and see whether you agree or not because it goes both ways. We whipped Sealy all night and let them back in it ourselves with a dumb play call so to say we cheated to win is absolutely dumb and it takes away from our kids that played hard all night.

I'm not taking anything away from the boys. Both teams played extremely hard all night. My complaint is about the refs and I am dealing with their lousy calls. And as far as letting Sealy back into the game, I don't think so. Sealy didn't play to their fullest potential until the 4th quarter.

gold_33
09-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Good to meet you tonight. Agree with everything you posted. I knew as soon as there was no signal that Jimmie was gonna go ballistic. He had been on that side judge all night. It's a shame it had to come to that. From where I was sitting it looked like he was in, no question. Sealy had too many mistakes early on. turning the ball over 3 times, and still had a shot to win. Wimberely has a great team.wouldn't want to see them down the road as they will only continue to improve.

Glad I made the trip.

please excuse any typos...on my cell lol

Nice meeting you too, good to put faces to the names on here!! Lol. But yeah it looked very questionable but I was suprised neither ref on either side even hinted that he was in, both had the spot marked almost even on both sides so I dont know what they saw that made them spot it there and I knew the second it happened that the homer ref card was gonna be played but I thought they had been on Sealy's side all night and we we're gettin all the calls against us the entire night until then. But its sad that something like that has to take away from a really great game because its not fair to any of the kids that played, win or lose.

gold_33
09-24-2010, 11:37 PM
I'm not taking anything away from the boys. Both teams played extremely hard all night. My complaint is about the refs and I am dealing with their lousy calls. And as far as letting Sealy back into the game, I don't think so. Sealy didn't play to their fullest potential until the 4th quarter.

Yeah ok, you mean the last minute when we had stopped playing?? I dont know what game you were at but that game was over until we fumbled ourselves, it wasnt forced nor great play made to strip it, we fumbled it into the endzone. The game shouldnt have even come down to a 2pt conversion to win, we controlled the entire game and yall couldnt stop Dennis at all.

snaxet
09-24-2010, 11:39 PM
You certainly can't lay the blame on the officials. Obviously they both saw that his knee was down. Nevertheless, you have to look at the whole game and there is no doubt that the Texans controlled from start to well say the last 59 seconds. Sealy was extremely lucky to be in that position in the last minute. If you want to put it into perspective there were a number of interesting calls that went against the Texans as well as Sealy. Don't go spewing off about one play and say that cost you the game. Wimberley could have picked a number of plays that would have had the same effect (i.e. Dennis' td called back for a very suspect holding call) Just be thankful that we were nice enough to let you go home with a one point loss. Should have ended at 31-17 or worse. We all know that momentum can swing at the drop of a hat. We are glad to get the win but I would have liked to have avoided all the drama at the end. Sealy has a good team and certainly will have a great year. For me and the rest of us in Wimberley, regardless of what you say, we are going to put that one in the WIN column and move on to the next game.

sports mom
09-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah ok, you mean the last minute when we had stopped playing?? I dont know what game you were at but that game was over until we fumbled ourselves, it wasnt forced nor great play made to strip it, we fumbled it into the endzone. The game shouldnt have even come down to a 2pt conversion to win, we controlled the entire game and yall couldnt stop Dennis at all.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sports mom
09-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by snaxet
You certainly can't lay the blame on the officials. Obviously they both saw that his knee was down. Nevertheless, you have to look at the whole game and there is no doubt that the Texans controlled from start to well say the last 59 seconds. Sealy was extremely lucky to be in that position in the last minute. If you want to put it into perspective there were a number of interesting calls that went against the Texans as well as Sealy. Don't go spewing off about one play and say that cost you the game. Wimberley could have picked a number of plays that would have had the same effect (i.e. Dennis' td called back for a very suspect holding call) Just be thankful that we were nice enough to let you go home with a one point loss. Should have ended at 31-17 or worse. We all know that momentum can swing at the drop of a hat. We are glad to get the win but I would have liked to have avoided all the drama at the end. Sealy has a good team and certainly will have a great year. For me and the rest of us in Wimberley, regardless of what you say, we are going to put that one in the WIN column and move on to the next game.

The holding was obvious if you were watching, they got by with it the majority of the game.

pirate4state
09-24-2010, 11:59 PM
lol there were a lot of no calls for both teams and a lot of "are you kidding me" calls

Who cares! The bottom line is Sealy did not play well enough early on to win. Mitchell will tell you that himself! I thought Sealy played very well in the second half.

The kids played their rear ends off until the last tick of clock. Luck or no luck, call or no call...you can't deny that!

No way do I think Wimberely had more calls go against them, but we'll find out tomorrow. :D

snaxet
09-25-2010, 12:07 AM
We were holding all night long. Now that is a new excuse. Didn't you get the holding call when it mattered the most. Negated a critical TD for Wimberley in the fourth. So don't whine. Give props to both teams, they played hard. The one point loss won't hurt you nearly as much as the 14 or 21 point loss that it could have and probably should have been.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 12:12 AM

Dishonesty?? Really? I mean...really?? Are you referring to the Texans as a team?

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Maybe not, but when they blow the last call that decides that game. That's screwing them.

Screwed them? wow....

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 12:26 AM
I think I agree with Pirate4State...when added up, the yardage of penalties will probably favor the Texans. But the IMPACT of calls (a TD called back) is important to keep in mind. I saw tons of holding that wasnt called for the Texans, but I also saw Texans get away with a few calls too.

I happened to be on the goal line, along the fence of course, on the extra point try (I was heading out early, thinking the game was over). From my vantage point, he did not make it, his knee hit without the ball breaking the plane, and then he pushed forward into the end zone.

I can totally understand folks in the stands thinking he made it in...but in my view, he didnt. But thats just my view. It apparently is the view of the two refs whose job it is to see such things...neither motioned for a TD.

But win or lose,....two point conversion or not...we went toe-to-toe with a great Sealy team the entire night, and some might say we dominated the game. Then, Sealy's experience and maturity showed our young team that you can't let up. We NEVER should have been in that position...we beat Sealy all night long, and then Sealy's talent and experience took advantage of our young team's mistakes. Good for them, they are what people think they are. But the truth is...we beat them up good.

zebrablue2
09-25-2010, 12:45 AM
I think I agree with Pirate4State...when added up, the yardage of penalties will probably favor the Texans. But the IMPACT of calls (a TD called back) is important to keep in mind. I saw tons of holding that wasnt called for the Texans, but I also saw Texans get away with a few calls too.

I happened to be on the goal line, along the fence of course, on the extra point try (I was heading out early, thinking the game was over). From my vantage point, he did not make it, his knee hit without the ball breaking the plane, and then he pushed forward into the end zone.

I can totally understand folks in the stands thinking he made it in...but in my view, he didnt. But thats just my view. It apparently is the view of the two refs whose job it is to see such things...neither motioned for a TD.

But win or lose,....two point conversion or not...we went toe-to-toe with a great Sealy team the entire night, and some might say we dominated the game. Then, Sealy's experience and maturity showed our young team that you can't let up. We NEVER should have been in that position...we beat Sealy all night long, and then Sealy's talent and experience took advantage of our young team's mistakes. Good for them, they are what people think they are. But the truth is...we beat them up good.

great tx. high school football game................

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 12:56 AM
great tx. high school football game................

Very true, Zebra. Everything about it was a typical Texas HS night...except for the Sealy coach making a complete and total ass of himself, embarrassing himself and his team. Who knows...had he not been so stupid, causing his team to kick off from the FIFTEEN YRD LINE....his team might have had a shot at the end.

FutureAD
09-25-2010, 01:22 AM
Very true, Zebra. Everything about it was a typical Texas HS night...except for the Sealy coach making a complete and total ass of himself, embarrassing himself and his team. Who knows...had he not been so stupid, causing his team to kick off from the FIFTEEN YRD LINE....his team might have had a shot at the end.

i dont think he was making an ass of himself i see it as showing his team that he has their back through and through...if i were to see my coach going and fighting for me it would inspire me...this loss is what sealy needs i think this loss will light a fire under them and push them for the rest of the season

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by FutureAD
i dont think he was making an ass of himself i see it as showing his team that he has their back through and through...if i were to see my coach going and fighting for me it would inspire me...this loss is what sealy needs i think this loss will light a fire under them and push them for the rest of the season

Jumping up and down in the middle of the field, getting flags thrown THREE times because you continue to cuss the refs...and being removed by officers of the law qualifies as being an ASS in anyone's book. He hurt your reputation.

Luv My Tigers
09-25-2010, 01:47 AM

as much as it hurts, have to agree we were beaten

sTxforlife
09-25-2010, 02:57 AM
As a player on that team i don't believe coach mitchell made an ass of himself at all. All he did was show that he is willing to back his players and fight for them no matter what. We didn't play well enough tonight to win but to say that it should have been worse is completely absurd. Sealy never quit all night and i was on the goal line for that 2 point play he did make it in he was at least two yards in the endzone and then got pushed out. The head referee and the ref on the sealy sideline said he had got in and the ref on the wimberley sideline said he was down at the half yard line and the other two just went with it, kinda sad. As for the penalties Sealy had many more than wimberley, i can think of at least 10 or more separate occasions where a wimberley offensive lineman basically takled the sealy defender and didn't get called for it, that was the case for most of wimberleys rushing tds and for most of their passing plays. Wimberley did outplay sealy tonight but it also helps when you're 12th man is a complete stud

rb585
09-25-2010, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by sTxforlife
i was on the goal line for that 2 point play he did make it in he was at least two yards in the endzone and then got pushed out.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1st and goal
09-25-2010, 08:15 AM
This sounds so reminiscent of the Giddings/Lavernia end of the game (except coach Fitzhenry didn't go ballistic). Both radio announcers had already yelled that he was "in" only to have to recall their previous statements. Giddings lost in a 1 point game.

Credit Sealy for playing hard until the last tick. I'm sure the Texans learned from this.

Still trying to figure out the Sinton/Sealy fanship connection? Family? Relatives? Respected playoff adversaries?

1st and goal
09-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Started the rivalry with a clean slate, now the slate is stained.

LH_Tuff
09-25-2010, 08:38 AM
Congratulations Wimberley on what sounds like an exciting game.

I was not at the game and did not witness what happened at the end. I only know what I have read here. Therefore I cannot comment on whether the call on the 2-pt conversion was right or wrong. However, I must say that refs do the best job they can. No matter what they call, half the stadium is going to think they are wrong.

I feel I must say something about the actions of the Sealy coach. Coaches are role models for these athletes. The actions of the Sealy coach last night are despicable. I understand 'heat of the moment' and emotions of the game. However, a coach should never 'dress down' refs in the middle of the field and have to get escorted off the field by police. This is not much of an example for his players. It turned what sounded like a very exciting game into a fiasco. Sad.

1st and goal
09-25-2010, 09:00 AM
This is sad for Jimmy. History shows he is a much better person than this. I would have probably done the same thing if I was in his shoes with all the emotions of a monumental comeback in the making. Not condoning, just trying to put myself in his shoes. Coaching puts people in the spotlight at the height of their emotions. It takes more self discipline than I could muster to be one. I guess that's why I'm not one.

I wish I could've been at this game too.

sTx979
09-25-2010, 09:25 AM
its clear sealy came out too flat and overconfident and yes at the end seal-jones was in, but the scary thing is that sealy played crappy and still almost won so i cant wait to see this team when its clicking and ready to play

FrmSTx
09-25-2010, 09:25 AM
How come nobody talked about the actual differnece in this game? Turnovers. Wimberley won the game 3-1. IMO, the two most key plays were the unbelieveable catches on the last two interceptions. Hats off to the kids who made those plays.

And you cant say you dominated someone when they held your stud under 100 yards on 24 carries and put up almost 200 more yards of offense than you.

Wimberley has a great team, so does Sealy.

957tiger
09-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Interesting reading from both sides. This was a game dominated by Wimberly. I actually enjoyed watching Smith run the ball as he is a gifted student-athlete. Lambert's season passing stats were deceiving and the O-line was HUGE. I can agree with most of whats being voiced on the game. And those few who would like to claim Sealy is crying over the officials, either were not there or saw a different game.

The tone was set when a photographer standing to close to the box on the Sealy side resulted in a sideline infraction and this was mere minutes into the game, without a warning. This resulted in a big gain for Sealy being called back. Advantage Wimberly

As for the blantant holding on both sides, appears the officials decided to allow the new stats I refered to in an earlier post as " tackles recorded by an opposing offense that resulted in a defensive penalty" play out. Can't really complain, obviously the refs let the boys play. Lots of pushing and shoving in the receiving game as well, again some called most not. Advantage Wimberly/Sealy

I don't have the total penalties, but when a teams first call is more than midway through a game that will raise some eyebrows as it should. As for "the play" everyone knew what was about to happen. With such a hugh momentum swing for Sealy, Wimerbly all but thinking about next week, fans heading to their cars, Sealy looking like Boise State the Sealy runner would have had to walk up to the concession stand before the refs would have given him the points. Advantage Wimberly

If you recall the Sealy players recognized the runner all 6'5" of him was on top of another player with the ball crossing the goal line and began to celebrate, meanwhile the Texans recognized that as well and of course the officials somehow could see his knee in a tangle of bodies hit the ground, while still on top of a player and decided after thinking it over that it was no good and decided the game...at that point. Prior to that the Texans were kicking our buts and they were the better team. As for Coach Mitchell and his ejection I say bravo. As for the guys running the air horn, kinda classless blowing it as the Coach was walking off the field, but then again it was indicative of the whole evening. Advantage No one

pirate4state
09-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal

Still trying to figure out the Sinton/Sealy fanship connection? Family? Relatives? Respected playoff adversaries?

Mitchell was Sinton's head coach for 5 years and the DC before that. His brother, his OC & DC all coached at Sinton and we are friends. Hoped to see his son & daughter in Sinton gear, but it didn't work out.

Jimmie is not a bad person and as his friend it hurts me to have other people talk about him this way, but I'll get over it. You are entitled to your opinion, but none of you know how you would act in his shoes. All of you *think* you know how you would act. It's so easy to pass judgment, huh? ;)

(the last paragraphj isn't directed at any one person...just stating MY opinion.)

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 10:41 AM
A coach is escorted out because of a classless act of childlike outrage...and you say bravo?? Really? I would be ashamed of our coach...but that just me.

Lets not forget we had a TD called back for holding that would have put us up for good in the 4th quarter. I noticed I dont hear a lot of discussion of THAT call.

Those of you who are saying it was CLEAR AND OBVIOUS that he crossed the goal (one of you even said he went two yards deep, THEN got knocked back) are either:
1) so biased you truly believe it happened that way.
2) basing your comment on what someone told you and not what you saw.
3) lying.

If he DID make it over the goal line, it would have been by inches...not yards.

I will definitely give all kudo's to the Sealy boys. they never gave up...they taught our boys something about never-say-die. They looked like the veterans out there, knowing to hold their cool, wait it out, then strike when the young ones screwed up. Thats exactly what they did...and then looked foolish when the coach acted like a child. Much respect for the boys...very little for the coach.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Mitchell was Sinton's head coach for 5 years and the DC before that. His brother, his OC & DC all coached at Sinton and we are friends. Hoped to see his son & daughter in Sinton gear, but it didn't work out.

Jimmie is not a bad person and as his friend it hurts me to have other people talk about him this way, but I'll get over it. You are entitled to your opinion, but none of you know how you would act in his shoes. All of you *think* you know how you would act. It's so easy to pass judgment, huh? ;)

(the last paragraphj isn't directed at any one person...just stating MY opinion.)

Pirate...I can understand your comment about a long time friend. I hope the coach comments this week about it...and I hope he is what you say, because he will surely apologize for his behavior if he is. And if he does apologize...I will take back my comments regarding my outrage at his actions and write it off to spur-of-the-moment excitement. You're not the only person to say he is a pretty good guy. So...I will wait.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 10:49 AM
And as far as letting Sealy back into the game, I don't think so. Sealy didn't play to their fullest potential until the 4th quarter.

SportsMom..when you fumble a snap in the shotgun (what were we doing in the shotgun formation when running out the clock!!??) and allow the ball to roll into the endzone...it can be said you "let" the other team back in. But I will agree with you...once we opened that door...Sealy came screaming into it. Wow...they can be explosive.

Milk That Cow
09-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Somebody Post a Video of the 2-Point Conversion...

Pudlugger
09-25-2010, 10:54 AM
What was the play for the 2 pt conversion? #4 is a wr, was it a pass play?

wimbo_pro
Originally posted by Milk That Cow
Somebody Post a Video of the 2-Point Conversion...

Here it is. I say its clear he didnt make it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNdCbC36Qyk

wimbo_pro
Originally posted by Pudlugger
What was the play for the 2 pt conversion? #4 is a wr, was it a pass play?

Yes Pud...a receiver, lined up as a RB, handed the ball to the left for a dive play.

BLACK&GOLD4LIFE
09-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Yes Pud...a receiver, lined up as a RB, handed the ball to the left for a dive play.

alls im saying is go to the booster club meeting, watch the film... and then post on here.. granted it shouldn't have come down to that play.. sealy was a different team than the one that played La Grange last week.. its a shame

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 11:04 AM
alls im saying is go to the booster club meeting, watch the film... and then post on here.. granted it shouldn't have come down to that play.. sealy was a different team than the one that played La Grange last week.. its a shame
I was surprised they didnt throw the ball to him...just jump up like he did three straight plays in a row! We were VERY surprised by that.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Austin-American Statesman says:
"No matter which team is right, the outcome was determined by mere inches in the closing seconds of a heart-thumping football game."

MERE INCHES....not the "two yards deep" that some have claimed here.

Coach Nelms was straight out honest when he said:
“It was too far for me to see, but the official down here (near the sideline ) said his knee touched the ground first,”

If it was too far for HIM to see, maybe it was too far for the other coaches to see as well.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberley-beats-sealy-31-30-936421.html

pirate4state
09-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Pirate...I can understand your comment about a long time friend. I hope the coach comments this week about it...and I hope he is what you say, because he will surely apologize for his behavior if he is. And if he does apologize...I will take back my comments regarding my outrage at his actions and write it off to spur-of-the-moment excitement. You're not the only person to say he is a pretty good guy. So...I will wait.

You'll be waiting a long time. LOL He won't be on here to apologize, because he doesn't post.

Everyone has coaches they don't like or have any respect for, it's the nature of the beast.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 12:21 PM
You'll be waiting a long time. LOL He won't be on here to apologize, because he doesn't post.

Everyone has coaches they don't like or have any respect for, it's the nature of the beast.

No, no, no!! I didnt mean HERE...i meant when interviewed in the local papers. I would bet he does indeed regret doing it, I know I would. I am not saying I dont like the guy...I know nothing about him, and lots of people speak highly of him. I am just saying if he were to make a statement of regret about his action, I would be the first to say "no problem...understood". Thats all.

Luv My Tigers
09-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Austin-American Statesman says:
"No matter which team is right, the outcome was determined by mere inches in the closing seconds of a heart-thumping football game."

MERE INCHES....not the "two yards deep" that some have claimed here.

Coach Nelms was straight out honest when he said:
“It was too far for me to see, but the official down here (near the sideline ) said his knee touched the ground first,”

If it was too far for HIM to see, maybe it was too far for the other coaches to see as well.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/highschool/wimberley-beats-sealy-31-30-936421.html

don't understand why it took them so long to make the call if they saw his knee touch the ground. seems like that would have been immediate. also, the non-reaction by the Texan players on the field was rather telling. i couldn't see it from where i was - just basing this on my observations of those near.

Tiger Dad
09-25-2010, 12:50 PM
No one deserves an apology. He also was not led out by police. ON THE OTHER HAND YOUR OFFICIALS WERE. Wimbro you are such a homer blowhard.

Luv My Tigers
09-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Jumping up and down in the middle of the field, getting flags thrown THREE times because you continue to cuss the refs...and being removed by officers of the law qualifies as being an ASS in anyone's book. He hurt your reputation.

removed by officers of the law??? who were you watching?

FbCoachB40
09-25-2010, 01:04 PM

Beat them up good? right???

Total yardage: 283 for Wimberley, 443 for Sealy...Yep, you sure beat them up good.

Turnovers were the difference, but the call hurts. #4 knee never touches the ground, he is on top of other players. #44 stops his initial charge, and he slides off into the endzone...almost his entire body, and at 6'6" that is ALOT of body.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:09 PM
No one deserves an apology. He also was not led out by police. ON THE OTHER HAND YOUR OFFICIALS WERE. Wimbro you are such a homer blowhard.

First, they arent OUR officials..they are assigned out of Austin, and in fact I think they were a totally different crew from 2 weeks ago. Secondly, they were NOT escorted out by the police...they exit the OTHER side of the field where there is no crowd. Third...sorry you feel that way.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Beat them up good? right???

Total yardage: 283 for Wimberley, 443 for Sealy...Yep, you sure beat them up good.

Turnovers were the difference, but the call hurts. #4 knee never touches the ground, he is on top of other players. #44 stops his initial charge, and he slides off into the endzone...almost his entire body, and at 6'6" that is ALOT of body.

That is complete crap. If he DID get the ball into the end zone, it barely made it. He didnt get "almost his entire body" into the end zone, even after he lunged forward after his knee supposedly touched the ground. I personally did not see his knee touch, even though I was on the goal line, along the fence. i was watching for the ball to get across. I didnt see it do that until after the whistle blew.

We must have seen two different games. Wimberley dominated that game almost completely until the very VERY end. But thats ok, your boys never gave up and played like I would hope we would if we were down by 2 TD's with less than 2 minutes to go. i was impressed with them not giving up. We could learn something from them.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Luv My Tigers
don't understand why it took them so long to make the call if they saw his knee touch the ground. seems like that would have been immediate.

Thats a good point...

FbCoachB40
09-25-2010, 01:15 PM
That is complete crap. If he DID get the ball into the end zone, it barely made it. He didnt get "almost his entire body" into the end zone, even after he lunged forward after his knee supposedly touched the ground. I personally did not see his knee touch, even though I was on the goal line, along the fence. i was watching for the ball to get across. I didnt see it do that until after the whistle blew.

We must have seen two different games. Wimberley dominated that game almost completely until the very VERY end. But thats ok, your boys never gave up and played like I would hope we would if we were down by 2 TD's with less than 2 minutes to go. i was impressed with them not giving up. We could learn something from them.

I am sorry, I meant to say his entire UPPER half of his body.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:17 PM
I am sorry, I meant to say his entire UPPER half of his body.

OK FbCoach...fair enough.

GreenMachine
09-25-2010, 01:17 PM
I wasn't at the game, but here is my take. WIMBERLEY WON... SEALY LOST! Get over it. Refs do the best they can AND have a better view of the game than anybody posting on here!!! AND, the coaches I know or have played for would MAYBE get one unsportsmanlike penalty out of frustration but would never get three and have to leave the field.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:33 PM
removed by officers of the law??? who were you watching?

I did indeed see officers near him as he left..maybe I overstated it by saying "led out". I retract that comment.

FbCoachB40
09-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
I wasn't at the game

OK, enough said. Your opinion doesn't matter if you were not there

GreenMachine
09-25-2010, 01:41 PM
OK, enough said. Your opinion doesn't matter if you were not there Oh, freedom of speech... don't you love it!:tongue:

FbCoachB40
09-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by GreenMachine
Oh, freedom of speech... don't you love it!:tongue:

Yes I do!;)

Tiger Dad
09-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I did indeed see officers near him as he left..maybe I overstated it by saying "led out". I retract that comment. You have overstated all of your comments. Look at the stats. Beat us up, what a joke.

GreenMachine
09-25-2010, 01:48 PM
OK, enough said. Your opinion doesn't matter if you were not there ACTUALLY, my post was based on fact and not opinion. Wimberley won. Sealy lost. The refs had a better view than YOU and Sealy's coach got penalties and left the field. :thinking:

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:49 PM
You have overstated all of your comments. Look at the stats. Beat us up, what a joke.

Tiger Dad...you have to admit that we controlled that game...never trailing in it...controlling the entire game up till the last minute or so. I didnt mean "beat you up" as in physically pushed you around...I meant it as in controlled the game almost the entire time. We were indeed lucky to get out of it with a win, though we deserved the win after controlling it almost all night.

And by the way...it was in the last fw minutes that saw the bulk of your offensive yardage.

Tiger Dad
09-25-2010, 01:55 PM
I thought the game was 48 minutes long. A lesson yall would have learned without the home cooking.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 01:58 PM
I thought the game was 48 minutes long. A lesson yall would have learned without the home cooking.

Yes, we need to learn from this. We are young and this is a real problem once we get into the play offs. As far as home cooking, I have seen some posts that say you guys have your own brew going on in Sealy!!

if Sealy isnt the Region III winner, I am scared to see who will beat them! They are a great team.

Tiger Dad
09-25-2010, 02:04 PM
Your kids played a great game I take nothing away from their effort. Good luck. Maybe we will see yall again .

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Your kids played a great game I take nothing away from their effort. Good luck. Maybe we will see yall again .

We have lots of room to improve if we want to win it all. Too many "ups and down" in our energy and focus. We never should have let you guys back into the game. We seem to struggle the most when we are leading by 2 TD's or more. This must stop. you guys taught us something last night...hopefully, we listened.

In my view, the rankings should remain relatively the same. No need to change them, and sure as heck no reason why Sealy should fall in them. Maybe we change positions in this poll or that poll...but we are VERY evenly matched.

rb585
09-25-2010, 02:23 PM

The tone was set when a photographer standing to close to the box on the Sealy side resulted in a sideline infraction and this was mere minutes into the game, without a warning.

That rule has been changed this season (or last). If someone on your sidelines is out on the white and interferes with an official, it's an automatic penalty. There is no more sideline warning.

No idea what "the tone was set" is supposed to imply, because that's the exact call that's supposed to be made there.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by rb585
That rule has been changed this season (or last). If someone on your sidelines is out on the white and interferes with an official, it's an automatic penalty. There is no more sideline warning.

No idea what "the tone was set" is supposed to imply, because that's the exact call that's supposed to be made there.

I am surprised they dont give a warning as well...and 15 yards seems to be a bit over kill for such a penalty. It was also more than one person out of the box...there were several that the ref pointed to...some looked like young kids to me. But it didnt have an impact...we didnt score on that drive, as I remember. Our first score was the interception by Smith, right? Since we had first possession, and this happened 2 or 3 plays into the game...it had no impact.

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 02:47 PM
From the San Marcus paper reporter who was there:
http://www.sanmarcosrecord.com/sports/x124776485/HS-Football-Wimberley-hangs-on-to-beat-Sealy

"Inches. The game would come down to seven seconds, one point and a couple of inches."

"Tigers coach Jimmie Mitchell would go for the two-point conversion and the victory, but Sealy would come up short by a matter of inches with seven seconds left."

From the Austin-American Statesman reporter who was there:

"Buried beneath a pile of Tigers and Texans, the sophomore tailback did not know his fate until officials ruled his knee touched the ground before he crossed the goal line."

My point is this...it was indeed a matter of inches, not this claim of it being plain and obvious to all, and that he was YARDS into the end zone. As I said, I didnt see his knee touch from my vantage point...the refs said they did. I will admit that if they had called it a TD, I would not be arguing about it now, because I didnt personally see enough evidence to conclusively say either way...too far away.

lbjacj
09-25-2010, 04:23 PM
By BEN CUNNINGHAM, Sports Writer

The Sealy Tigers produced a comeback victory Friday night as they the Wimberley Texans in Texan Stadium, with fans thinking the Tigers had won the game, only to learn that was not the case.

After staging their comeback, and scoring to win the game 32-31, the victory was denied by game officials, setting the final score Wimberley 31, Tigers 30.

It marked the first loss for the Sealy team this season.

The role of the Texans cannot be denied, as they possess a talented team who finally gave the Tigers a challenge, with district games approaching. Jumping out to a 14-0 lead, the Texans yielded two touchdowns to the Tigers on runs by Ricky Seals-Jones and Cody Barrett.

By halftime, it wasn’t enough, and the Tigers trailed 24-14.

The second half carried its own set of blessings and woes. Determined to win, the Tigers drew first blood with a 38-yard field goal by Victor Luna. In response, the Texans mounted a long drive, capped on a 1-yard touchdown run to go ahead 31-17. After this, the show of fireworks began.

Going for pay dirt, a Barrett pass was intercepted at the Texan 12-yard line. The stout Tiger defense capitalized on a fumble by the Texans, and with a cloud of white-shirt Tigers surrounding, Sealy recovered the ball in the end zone for a score. The score stood at 31-24.

On the following kickoff, the Tigers called for an onside kick, and recovered the ball to gain possession. Directing the drive, Barrett heaved a pass to the back of the end zone. Before the ball arrived, Seals-Jones attracted Texan defenders, one of whom had decided to take a ride in his lap, an instant interference call.

The Tigers had the ball on the 2-yard line with 11 seconds left. From there, Barrett again went to Seals-Jones in the same location. This time, the result was a touchdown, and the score was 31-30.

Instead of going for the tie game, the Tigers went for a two-point conversion.

Seals-Jones took the snap, and advanced over the goal line in plain sight of all onlookers. However, there were officials present with yellow flags. There were no flags on the play, and the score went to 32-31 with a Sealy lead, but officials denied the score with only five seconds remaining, reducing the score to 31-30, a Texan lead.

A major eruption resulted from the Sealy sidelines and fans.

Head coach Jimmie Mitchell protested heavily to officials, and Tiger players were stunned into disbelief. Mitchell’s protest brought the yellow flags pouring from the skies, thicker than the previous rain of the night.

Even with the contention, there was time for one more play.

The Tigers again kicked to Wimberley onside, and again recovered the ball. On the game’s final play, Barrett fired a pass to Gabe Hamner, who traveled 30 yards as time expired.

Behind 31-17 in the last two minutes, the Tiger comeback was of the fantasy variety. This was not an average game with average teams. Both teams were prepared to play, and both gave the effort which makes for a memorable event.

The Tiger record officially drops to 4-1 for the season.

It was indeed the “12th man” who made the difference in the score on Friday night in Wimberley. It was the 12th, and the 13th and the 14th, and the 15th men who took possession of the hard work, ethics and resilience of a comeback effort by fine young athletes, which will be difficult to equal.

Mitchell and the Sealy Tigers will not soon forget the violence of the Wimberley game.

Look for the full account of the game in this week’s edition of The Sealy News
:rolleyes:

lbjacj
09-25-2010, 04:28 PM
San Marcos Daily Record
By Richard C. White
Sports Reporter Sports Reporter Sat Sep 25, 2010, 12:41 AM CDT

Wimberley — Inches. The game would come down to seven seconds, one point and a couple of inches.

A Wimberley defensive stop on a failed Sealy two-point conversion would give the fourth ranked Wimberley Texans (5-0) the 31-30 upset victory over the third-ranked Sealy Tigers (4-1) Friday night at Texan Stadium in the biggest Class 3A matchup of the season.

“Wow, we almost gave it away, but we got lucky by an inch down there,” said Wimberley coach Weldon Nelms. “My heart can’t handle that type of game. I probably had about 18 heart attacks in that final minute. It was supposed to be that kind of game, I guess.”

The Texans were in control for much of the night, but began to collapse in the closing seconds as the Tigers would come back from a 31-17 deficit to score 13 points in under the final minute.

Wimberley quarterback Brady Lambert fumbled the ball deep inside the Texans 10-yard line, which the Tigers recovered for a touchdown, cutting the Texans lead to 31-24 with 58 seconds left.

Sealy would then successfully recover an onside kick before scoring with only 11 seconds remaining. Instead of sending it tied to overtime, Tigers coach Jimmie Mitchell would go for the two-point conversion and the victory, but Sealy would come up short by a matter of inches with seven seconds left. Mitchell would be ejected from the game after arguing with officials.

“It should have been over, we were up two touchdowns, but that happens every once in a while, we had to fight for our lives,” Nelms said. “When you play close like that it does a lot for the heart of your football team.”

It was a humid night and Lambert said the wet ball just slipped out of his hands. He said he was on edge until he saw his defense pick him up and prevent the two-point conversion to preserve the thrilling victory.

“That fumble was my fault all the way, I’ll take blame for that,” Lambert said. “I can’t even describe it. I think my heart stopped on that [two-point] play, but then I saw that his knee was down.”

The spotlight may have shined brighter and the stage may have been bigger, but Texans running back Dennis Smith performed the same way he has all season– spectacularly.

Smith, who scored four touchdowns, has continued to preserve the impressive streak he began in the season opener, scoring at least three touchdowns and rushing for over 100 yards in each of Wimberley’s five games.

“Our offense is one of the best in the state,” Smith said. “I kind of hurt my ankle a little bit, but you have to adapt and overcome. I just played through the pain for my team. We talked a lot all week about building and strengthening that brotherhood we have as a team.”

In just the first quarter Smith alone managed to put up more points against the Tigers than they had allowed to any single opponent throughout any of their four previous games.

“He’s a hoss. It looks like you tackled him, but then he keeps going,” Nelms said. “He makes play after play. What else can you ask the kid to do? He played like a stallion tonight.”

Smith wasted no time in introducing himself to both the Tigers offense and defense, picking off Tigers quarterback Cody Barrett for a 75-yard touchdown run halfway through the opening frame before rushing for a four-yard score late in the first quarter.

The Tigers had previously allowed no more than 12 points to any opponent. Wimberley would double that figure before the half, leading 24-14 at halftime after Smith recorded his third touchdown of the game, a 27-yard run, followed later by a 38-yard field goal by Jared Kutz.

The 30 points the Tigers scored were the lowest they had been held to all season as they had previously averaged 47 points a game.

In the air, Lambert was 10 of 16 for 152 yards. While he has yet to throw an interception this season he did manage to collect his first as a defender, capitalizing off Barrett’s second pick of the night.

Lambert read the play perfectly as he picked off Barrett’s throw in the end zone with 27 seconds left in the half, preventing a Tigers touchdown.

Sealy would hammer a 37-yard field goal with 1:27 left in the third quarter to make it a one possession game, 24-17. Shortly after that Smith would score on a one yard scamper early in the fourth quarter, 31-17, before Lambert’s fumble changed the momentum of the game.

After Friday night, the Texans bye week couldn’t come fast enough. Overall Nelms said he’s pleased with what he’s seen heading into district play and the second half of the season against Bandera at home Oct. 8.

“We created our own problems. When you make stupid mistakes, sometimes they come back to bite you,” Nelms said. “But when a team has to fight like that, your hearts out there, pounding like that, it makes you a better football team.”
:)

Necked
09-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
By BEN CUNNINGHAM, Sports Writer
...one of whom had decided to take a ride in his lap,...

You know, I dont think I have ever seen that phrase used in an article about football before today...

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 05:43 PM
LOL...you think the Sealy sports reporter isnt a homer? LOL...of course I would expect him to be. I am sure when the Wimberley paper comes out, the local sports writer will have a homer view as well. This is why I only posted the SM paper and the Austin paper sports writers...neither whom are known as Wimberley homers. I think they were fair in their reporting. Neither said Sealy got robbed, and neither said they saw him with his knee down with certainty...they said it was a matter of inches.

Luv My Tigers
09-25-2010, 05:47 PM
[B]LOL...you think the Sealy sports reporter isnt a homer? LOL...of course I would expect him to be.

I am a homer(which the report is not), and even that report was ridiculous (and embarrassing) to me!

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 05:52 PM
[B]LOL...you think the Sealy sports reporter isnt a homer? LOL...of course I would expect him to be.

I am a homer(which the report is not), and even that report was ridiculous (and embarrassing) to me!

It's ok ...just wait till you see our local guys take on it! I am sure he'll say he didnt even come close!! Like I said...i didnt see it (the knee), couldnt see it from my angle. Though I was on the sideline, along the goal line (behind the fence, of course), I could still see the numbers on the jersey's on the backs of our defenders, so my angle was not good to be able to see it.

gold_33
09-25-2010, 06:08 PM
A day later and Sealy is still gripping over this, move on...watch the tape, obviously none of yall have or yall would be posting about it. He was down, right call by refs game over, Wim wins 31-30 we all move on to district and bigger better things. If the coach doesnt make Sealy kickoff from the 10yd line yall probably get another shot to win so yeah the actions of the coach hurt, so dont say they dont.

pirate4state
09-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I am surprised they dont give a warning as well...and 15 yards seems to be a bit over kill for such a penalty. It was also more than one person out of the box...there were several that the ref pointed to...some looked like young kids to me. But it didnt have an impact...we didnt score on that drive, as I remember. Our first score was the interception by Smith, right? Since we had first possession, and this happened 2 or 3 plays into the game...it had no impact. I remember Sealy getting back-to-back penalties, the 15 yarder being the 2nd and I believe the very next play was the pick 6, no?

gold33 -- if the situation had been reveresed I'm sure some of your fans would still be gripping. It is what it is. Been on the board long enough to know this isn't the last we'll hear about this game. It will be talked about until the cows come home and a horse has been killed with big sticks and then talked about some more. :D

wimbo_pro
09-25-2010, 06:20 PM
I remember Sealy getting back-to-back penalties, the 15 yarder being the 2nd and I believe the very next play was the pick 6, no?

I dont remember if it was back-to-back penalties, but i do recall the penalty being very early. I still think 15 yds is too much for that call.

teetle
09-27-2010, 08:49 AM
It be pretty bad when de refs do what theys dids to Jimmie and the Tigers. Theys have to realize that theys are not the game. The players are. It be sad when theys think that theys are it. What did theys think that Jimmie woulds do after a pittiful calls likes that. Then theys throws him out os the game? The Texans played well enough to win. I dids nots think that theys could nots hang with the Tigers. I be now having a little Ripple with mys crow. Goods luck on the rest of the Season. :D :hairpunk: :hairpunk: :D

lbjacj
09-27-2010, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by teetle
It be pretty bad when de refs do what theys dids to Jimmie and the Tigers. Theys have to realize that theys are not the game. The players are. It be sad when theys think that theys are it. What did theys think that Jimmie woulds do after a pittiful calls likes that. Then theys throws him out os the game? The Texans played well enough to win. I dids nots think that theys could nots hang with the Tigers. I be now having a little Ripple with mys crow. Goods luck on the rest of the Season. :D :hairpunk: :hairpunk: :D
:confused:

No one has found a pic or video of the 2 point try?Really would love to know for sure,not that it matters now.

wimbo_pro
09-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by lbjacj
:confused:

No one has found a pic or video of the 2 point try?Really would love to know for sure,not that it matters now.

Yes, I have "found" a DVD of it. I was at at BBQ on Sunday with one of the coaches who said he would get me a DVD of the game...taped from the coaches booth, so it should have a good angle on it. I am supposed to get it this week, and I will keep on him about it. As you might expect, he says its obvious that his knee was down before he crossed the plain. I will hold judgement on that until I get it. I will post it on here when I do get it, whether its obvious or not.