PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to play West Orange Stark in 3A?

pinecone
11-06-2003, 08:04 PM
Talk about a formidable opponent! I don't relish being in the district with them, but that would put an end to talk of this being a weak district over here in East Texas.

kepdawg
11-06-2003, 08:11 PM
I'd love to see Jasper and WOS in the same district!

fred grunden
11-06-2003, 08:23 PM
It might happen, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Chris Hart
11-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Another great team in 3A would be great. I think WOS would be a contender each year, but there are LOTS of teams in 3A that would love to play them, and would compete quite well. It's almost a given that they're going to be 3A next year. Should make reg.3 Div.I a little tougher, Jasper didn't have much competition last year, and unless Bellville goes Div.I, I don't see but maybe two teams that could possibly give them a good contest this season. Rivalry games are great, and Jasper and WOS are just that, rivals. There will be some good games between those two for at least the next few years.

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

bc 76
11-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Coach Dan Hooks WOS teams are always tough to play i know they give my Bay City Blackcats a tough game every year that they have played.

spiveyrat
11-06-2003, 10:15 PM
pinecone:
Talk about a formidable opponent! I don't relish being in the district with them, but that would put an end to talk of this being a weak district over here in East Texas.Has there been talk of Jasper's district being weak? Certainly not this year.

JasperDog94
11-07-2003, 12:47 AM
fred grunden:
It might happen, but I'm not looking forward to it.Aww, come on Fred. That was one of the best rivalries in 4A football in the 80s. I'd love to see it renewed.

pinecone
11-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Let me explain about "weak district". It has something to do with one of the administrators of this board posting something about Region 3 not being as strong as the region around the greater Ft Worth/Dallas area after Everman won state
last year. I apologize if I have gotten this all wrong regarding the regional comparison, but it just stuck in my head last year. Maybe I should have said region instead of district, but I'm not as up to date on all this terminology as I should be.

<small>[ November 07, 2003, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: pinecone ]</small>

j_dog
11-07-2003, 02:16 AM
I would love to see WOS back in the same district with Jasper. We still owe them big time! :D Bring Silsbee on also.

Bulldog92
11-07-2003, 02:31 AM
j_dog:
I would love to see WOS back in the same district with Jasper. We still owe them big time! :D Bring Silsbee on also.Amen to that. So what if WOS is in our district along with Silsbee? Yes, those will be tough games year in and year out, but that will make the regular season more fun.

j_dog
11-07-2003, 03:11 AM
Kenny do you think you and I just might be the only Dog fans still awake at this time of night? :)

spiveyrat
11-07-2003, 07:32 AM
pinecone:
Let me explain about "weak district". It has something to do with one of the administrators of this board posting something about Region 3 not being as strong as the region around the greater Ft Worth/Dallas area after Everman won state
last year. I apologize if I have gotten this all wrong regarding the regional comparison, but it just stuck in my head last year. Maybe I should have said region instead of district, but I'm not as up to date on all this terminology as I should be.AH! Now I understand.

spiveyrat
11-07-2003, 07:34 AM
j_dog:
Kenny do you think you and I just might be the only Dog fans still awake at this time of night? :) Of course you were! There is a 2 hr time difference, ya know? wink :D

Matthew328
11-07-2003, 08:30 AM
pinecone:
last year. I apologize if I have gotten this all wrong regarding the regional comparison, but it just stuck in my head last year. Maybe I should have said region instead of district, but I'm not as up to date on all this terminology as I should be.Hey, it wasn't just because Everman won state the past 2 years...in EVERY class...DFW has won more titles the past 10 years or so than any other area of the state....we did a little research over the summer and got that one..and in fact it wasn't even close...so yes overall I'd say the DFW area is strongest in all classes...this year I'd say the area is a lil dowm in 3A ball though..

Hupernikomen
11-07-2003, 08:55 AM
Matthew328:

pinecone:
last year. I apologize if I have gotten this all wrong regarding the regional comparison, but it just stuck in my head last year. Maybe I should have said region instead of district, but I'm not as up to date on all this terminology as I should be.Hey, it wasn't just because Everman won state the past 2 years...in EVERY class...DFW has won more titles the past 10 years or so than any other area of the state....we did a little research over the summer and got that one..and in fact it wasn't even close...so yes overall I'd say the DFW area is strongest in all classes...this year I'd say the area is a lil dowm in 3A ball though..DFW is a dern large mertopolitian area I would hope they had quite a few state championships. What exactly are you calling DFW?

Bulldog92
11-07-2003, 09:02 AM
j_dog:
Kenny do you think you and I just might be the only Dog fans still awake at this time of night? :) The guy from Alaska might have been up, but other than that I doubt it... :D

southern_thunder
11-07-2003, 09:22 AM
Bring them on!!!!! The Dogs aint scared!!!!!