PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales @Yoakum

Gontex
09-19-2010, 08:41 AM
Time to get the party started. Gonzales and Yoakum open district 28-3A play Friday night. Last year the 'Dogs treated the Apaches like an ugly stepchild and slapped them from one end of Apache Field to the other. With a new coaching regime in place, Apaches are playing with heart and determination. Yoakum also has an excellent coach. How's this one going to go?

YTBulldogs
09-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Dogs have no emotion or player leadership. If they don't have a new-life, aggressive motivated practice this week, and forget those prior meaningless non-district games, they'll get scalped at home big time by GZ. Changes are warranted heading into district for the Dogs. I think we will see them this week. Plan A didn't work.

Someone needs to step up and not tolerate below standards by those who are just going through the motions on the field. If the seniors can't do it, someone else save the season.

Come on Dogs. You made a run last year after the non-district schedule.

gobbler grad
09-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Apaches stampede in this one...just don't think the Dawgs can get it done...Apaches are on a roll right now...good luck to both teams..:clap:

Snotbubbles
09-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Depends on the Dog's heart if they'll show up or not. If not, they'll get spanked at home big time.

--Dogs with heart, 28-20 victory.
--Dogs no heart and motionless, 40-0 loss.

It's in the players hands. Coaches can't make those blocks, make the catches, and give it that extra determination on 4th and 1 to make the first down. Dog's must have solid, physical practices this week in preparation and practice the way you want to play on Friday. It's business time men!!!

When they execute and play with heart, determination and a "will" to succeed, they'll continue to win against these opponents like they have throughout their career.

Winning don't come easy like losing does guys. Never understood why you go to practice not to improve and to get ready for the war that Friday night. Guess that's where the heart aspect comes in here.

Snotbubbles
09-19-2010, 01:49 PM
Might add, would be nice to see the entire home side stands packed too. I know GZ will travel well. Get excited Yoakumites. It's ok to clap and yell. Trust me, the kid's feed off it.

ApachePride
09-19-2010, 04:50 PM
It's easy to travel well when you only have 4 road games all year. Luling (15 miles), Yoakum (25 miles), SA Sam Houston (72 miles), and Cuero (30 miles)...Next year, different story on the road to Corpus Christi, Austin, Columbus, Poteet, Pleasanton, and La Vernia..

Gontex
09-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by ApachePride
It's easy to travel well when you only have 4 road games all year. Luling (15 miles), Yoakum (25 miles), SA Sam Houston (72 miles), and Cuero (30 miles)...Next year, different story on the road to Corpus Christi, Austin, Columbus, Poteet, Pleasanton, and La Vernia..

I thought that was the case. Doesn't sound like somebody put a whole lot of thought into that schedule does it?

underware
09-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't see Yoakum winning a game in District. If they surprise me, it will be the Poteet game. :(

fourbeee
09-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Put a fork in the bulldogs, there more than done. No miracles here. They will be lucky to win one game, maybe Poteet. Sad but true. Lot of problems on this team, kids to coaching. Can't just blame all the problems on the kids, the grownups got some blame also. I was hoping for a good year for the dogs.

Snotbubbles
09-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by fourbeee
Put a fork in the bulldogs, there more than done. No miracles here. They will be lucky to win one game, maybe Poteet. Sad but true. Lot of problems on this team, kids to coaching. Can't just blame all the problems on the kids, the grownups got some blame also. I was hoping for a good year for the dogs.

Just curious 4B, what do you think the coaches have done wrong here? Same "O" and "D" from a successful 2009 year.

Not sure coaches can make a kid get motivated if that kid could careless if they win or not. Some kid's have what the LaVernia/Cuero/Wimberley/Sealy kid's have---heart, and knows what it takes to get those hard faught wins. Others, don't want to put that much effort into it cause they could careless the results. It's a team that win's and "ALL" must pull the rope together IMO.

Hell, our so called D1 prospect lineman comes to practice when he wants to. He does what he wants, when he wants, without missing PT. That is a coaching issue for sure. If your gonna lose with him playing on Friday's though he is a distraction, and it's all about him, I say set the right example for the kid's watching him not putting out and play the future for experience. This kid has been a headache all year.

But, not a single college in the state will risk his type cancer on their college team. Too many "team" players with his talent out there. He forces a coach to spend too much time away from the team/game planning/practice, trying to get him straightened out with his issue's. If he get's a hang nail, he'll miss practice and often without notice to the coach. He's soft.

YTBulldogs
09-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Why would the other's on this club, tolerate him or anything then maximum effort by all?

Don't the seniors know this is it for their high school playing career. You'll never get another shot at these opponents or another playoff run.

I'm old school, and believe you play on Friday's as you practiced during the week.

Guess this is where lack of a leader on the team comes in. Without a leader, you have no direction. A leader would not tolerate distractions when on a mission.

We'll see. Someone steps up this week to lead us, or we might very well be done.

R4Editor
09-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Apaches should win but don't look past the Bulldogs; if you do they will bite you.

fourbeee
09-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Snot bubbles, you answered your own question about the coach problem. Rules should be for all not just for the non studs. Kids know when rules are bent for some. This leads to zero respect.

txsportswriter
09-20-2010, 05:51 PM
Some of the things posted in regards to the Yoakum Bulldogs are true, but I also don't believe in counting the Bulldogs out just yet nor do I believe in giving up on certain players. It has been a disappointing season thus far, but all those things can be forgotten with a victory on Friday night against the rival Apaches. It's gut check time and the Bulldogs CAN right the ship if they so desire. Some teams just don't have the talent to compete and therefore lose a lot of games. This team has the talent to compete and win, it's just all up to them. And yes, I do think that some personnel changes need to be made to help matters, but if not, we can still win if the team decides to come together like a band of brothers. We need better focus and must eliminate mistakes such as turnovers and penalties. IT'S TIME THE BULLDOGS SHOW SOME HEART, DESIRE & DETERMINATION!
If that can be accomplished, then I like the Bulldogs in this one, 34-28.

YTBulldogs
09-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Like to revise my prediction on this one if I may. Dog's will still score 28, but---GZ will not score.

Awesome practice boys. Stay focused, improve weekly and let's repeat what we did last year when the games count.

Gontex
09-20-2010, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Like to revise my prediction on this one if I may. Dog's will still score 28, but---GZ will not score.

Awesome practice boys. Stay focused, improve weekly and let's repeat what we did last year when the games count.

HMMMMM.

YTBulldogs
09-21-2010, 05:33 AM
Dunno why I changed my 28-20 prediction to 28-0 Gontex. It was their best practice all year. Like someone flipped the switch. Different attitude I senced from the kid's.

Execution was crisp, on target and with meaning. Old School (Dog's Def Coor.) had them pumped and focused.

underware
09-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by YTBulldogs
Dunno why I changed my 28-20 prediction to 28-0 Gontex. It was their best practice all year. Like someone flipped the switch. Different attitude I senced from the kid's.

Execution was crisp, on target and with meaning. Old School (Dog's Def Coor.) had them pumped and focused.

We can only hope....

rojosgirl
09-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Gonna go with the Apaches on this one. Things are looking good for them. Plus, they have a GREAT fight song!

:D

Coach BS
09-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Gonzales rolls !!!

ApacheForever
09-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by ApachePride

We don't travel to Cuero this year we are traveling to La Vernia. One thing I noticed over the years is that the fans don't care about mileage. They are going to go and support no matter what; they have always had a great road support.

Lombardi
09-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Gonzales does seem to have a good following

Gontex
09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by txsportswriter
Some of the things posted in regards to the Yoakum Bulldogs are true, but I also don't believe in counting the Bulldogs out just yet nor do I believe in giving up on certain players. It has been a disappointing season thus far, but all those things can be forgotten with a victory on Friday night against the rival Apaches. It's gut check time and the Bulldogs CAN right the ship if they so desire. Some teams just don't have the talent to compete and therefore lose a lot of games. This team has the talent to compete and win, it's just all up to them. And yes, I do think that some personnel changes need to be made to help matters, but if not, we can still win if the team decides to come together like a band of brothers. We need better focus and must eliminate mistakes such as turnovers and penalties. IT'S TIME THE BULLDOGS SHOW SOME HEART, DESIRE & DETERMINATION!
If that can be accomplished, then I like the Bulldogs in this one, 34-28.

Cmon, McCracken, don't be such a homer.

txsportswriter
09-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Gontex
Cmon, McCracken, don't be such a homer.
No reason to call me out by name unless you're going to reveal your name. I don't hide behind my name and most everyone knows who I am on here anyway-- txsportswriter is me, Mike McCracken, and I live in Yoakum, Texas and am very proud of my Yoakum Bulldogs... your turn!:)

P.S. And I still think the Yoakum Bulldogs will win this one and open up some eyes in District 28-3A! Look me up after the game!