View Full Version : bridgeport vs alvarado -MERGED with POLL

loco toro
09-18-2010, 10:32 PM
bulls offense rolls big.
bulls 49 alvarado 17

BullBoy
09-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Bridgeport by 20

I'm making my choice based on what Alvarado was able to do against Prosper and what they were able to do against Springtown.

And i heard that the Bridgeport QB hurt his ankle, anyone have any info on this rumor?

bowleghorses
09-19-2010, 01:24 AM
another close one for the bulls

Bull_Guy
09-19-2010, 01:39 PM
He hurt his ankle during practice last week and was able to play on it. Should be fine this week.

BullBoy
09-19-2010, 03:45 PM
good, i was worried it was a serious injury (like the one our qb suffered in 08), Bulls WILL win, maybe he'll heal up fast and Bport will be back to putting up a bunch of points before halftime!

LeonJr
09-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Bulls cruise vs. Alvarado 42-21.

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by LeonJr
Bulls cruise vs. Alvarado 42-21.

Don't think Alvarado will be a cruise, leon, but I do think the Bulls are 7-10 better in this one. The Bulls were just flat out scrappy Friday night, and I think that mindset coupled with tremendous firepower to back it up, is going to carry the Bulls all the way thru the season.

Eagle2
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Bridgeport will win by over 20. Alvarado is not good....

BullBoy
09-20-2010, 01:00 PM
is their defense pretty good? i mean prosper was able to hang 32 on our D and just 14 on Alvarado. what do they do offensively? i'll take a wild guess that they are a team that likes to run the ball alot.

Eagle2
09-20-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm telling you Prosper played awful vs Alvarado, should have won by 2-3-4 TDs had we played worth a flip. Alvarado passes a little but no big threat. Offensively they don't have any horses. They are descent at best and I honestly expect this to be a 3-4 TD game with Bridgeport rolling.

Bullaholic
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Eagle2
I'm telling you Prosper played awful vs Alvarado, should have won by 2-3-4 TDs had we played worth a flip. Alvarado passes a little but no big threat. Offensively they don't have any horses. They are descent at best and I honestly expect this to be a 3-4 TD game with Bridgeport rolling.

Thanks for the Alvarado insights, Eagle2. I think Prosper got their offense together against the Bulls. I think #14 has learned the offense well enough now to be the man at QB, and I think Prosper gets better every week from here on in. There will just be no football justice if the fortunes do not allow a Prosper-Celina playoff game this season.

Eagle2
09-20-2010, 01:58 PM
I honestly don't see Prosper making any noise this year. We are down and a lot of people are not impressed with this years coaching style. Hoping to get a new leader soon, someone hard nosed and hard driven. Rotating QBs has never (that I know of) been successful at the HS level. 14 is legit, he's solid but he's got to know the coaching staff is behind him and he's got to get the reps and experience under his belt. Prosper is sitting 2 7 2. In 2 weeks they'll be 2&4 more than likely but who cares. We'll be in the playoffs and hopefully ready to make some noise by then....only time will tell. Best of luck to you guys, you've got a scrappy little group over there in Wise County...

kaide
09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
You're right ... Alvarado's defense had nothing to do with Prosper not being able to do anything offensively. It was amazing ... Prosper's receivers were dropping passing with no one around them and the only stopping the running back from getting 10 yards a carry were their own feet.

garciap77
09-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Bridgeport!:clap: :clap: :clap:

NateDawg39
09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
Bridgeport by at least 21. This is the first time I have seen the Bulls execute solid on offense this early in the season.

Maybe that means they will shut down towards the end :devil:

BullsFan
09-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Bridgeport by at least 21. This is the first time I have seen the Bulls execute solid on offense this early in the season.

Maybe that means they will shut down towards the end :devil:

Yeah, you just wish that was going to happen. Generally Bridgeport gets better and better as the season progresses, with our peak performances as district play starts. That's about the same time we play Decatur, right....? ;)

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2010, 11:41 PM
merged both threads....

slpybear

bowleghorses
09-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Eagle2
I honestly don't see Prosper making any noise this year. We are down and a lot of people are not impressed with this years coaching style. Hoping to get a new leader soon, someone hard nosed and hard driven. Rotating QBs has never (that I know of) been successful at the HS level. 14 is legit, he's solid but he's got to know the coaching staff is behind him and he's got to get the reps and experience under his belt. Prosper is sitting 2 7 2. In 2 weeks they'll be 2&4 more than likely but who cares. We'll be in the playoffs and hopefully ready to make some noise by then....only time will tell. Best of luck to you guys, you've got a scrappy little group over there in Wise County... :eek: :eek: :eek:

t-bag31
09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
IS ALVARADO ANY GOOD?

Bullaholic
09-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by t-bag31
IS ALVARADO ANY GOOD?

I only know a little about Alvarado from our common opponents, Springtown, who beat Alvarado 31-21, and Prosper, who lost to them 15-14. That tells me that Alvarado is probably on par with both of these teams.

t-bag31
09-21-2010, 10:15 AM
so its a toss up. ether a blow out or a close one. i think bport will take this one by 17

slpybear the bullfan
09-23-2010, 08:31 AM
Anyone else who has good knowledge on Alvarado?

rholl
09-23-2010, 08:54 AM
not flashy or tricky...gonna try and control the ball and the clock.

defense51
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Alvarado defense vs. Bridgeport defense= Alvarado wins Alvarado offense vs. Bridgeport offense= Bridgeport wins, that being said it's gonna be a good game. Alvarado has had trouble scoring in the red zone, if they can score in the red zone friday night it'a a toss up. Don't sell the Alvarado secondary short, they have some very good athletes and a couple of playmakers. If they can set the tone early Alvarado by 7, if Bridgeport's offense gets going early- Bridgeport by 10.

Bullaholic
09-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Link to Alvarado newspaper pre-game article:

http://www.alvaradostar.net/?Story=1635

BullBoy
09-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Bridgeport is going to ROLL them, just look at what Springtown was able to do against them. the score looked bad at the half, and even though it was a 10 point loss to the pojo how many of those points came in garbage time against back ups? from what i read, springtown DOMINATED that entire game.

SOONER09
09-23-2010, 08:03 PM
We will see how good Alvarado's defense is when we score in the 40's . Alvarado may score 14 to 21 points.

defense51
09-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Alvarado had bye week last week, they've had two weeks to prepare for Bridgeport's high powered offense. They also have their secondary healthy, cb went out with concussion in Springtown game. Bridgeport beware, don't put one in the win column before the game is played. Game on!!!

BullBoy
09-24-2010, 02:49 PM
The game will be over before it ends if it's not raining over there.

Alvarado's defense will not be able to shut down the BULLS offense.

defense51
09-24-2010, 02:57 PM
If history tells us anything, indians either slaughter and eat bulls or make clothes and ornaments out of them. Look for the indians to feast well tonight!

BullBoy
09-24-2010, 03:09 PM
yeah that's true, problem is that your indians dont have any weapons and indians without weapons get TRAMPLED by BULLS!!!!!

BULLS ROLL IN THIS ONE AND GET BACK TO SCORING IN THE 40's!!!!!

GONNA BE A LOOONG NIGHT FOR THE INDIANS!

bowleghorses
09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I said that this would be a game for bridgeport!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

NateDawg39
09-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Well it was close at least

BullBoy
09-24-2010, 11:20 PM
man alvarado's defense was playing out of its mind! congrats to the indians, they were the better team on both sides of the ball on this day.

lets hope the Bulls can bounce back from this loss next week.

good game.

Bullaholic
09-24-2010, 11:54 PM
The Bulls got their hats handed to them on both sides of the ball by Alvarado. The Indians had 2 weeks to prepare for the Bulls, and their coaches did a masterful job of preparing their kids. The Bulls seemed flat on both sides of the ball tonight and just couldn't seem to do a lot right even though they rallied to within 8 points in the end, but the contest was never that close. Hats off to a well-prepared and highly motivated Alvarado Indian team for a great win--- they ran the ball well and passed almost perfectly when they needed, and kept the Bull "D" off-balance the whole game. I am still proud of the Bulls for coming back and making it close when it didn't seem like much was going right for them. I'm still behind these Bulls 100% and have no doubt they will recover and do well against Graham at home next week. Go Bulls.

BullsFan
09-25-2010, 12:36 AM
We got spanked, and I hope it turns into a learning experience for us. Hats off to Alvarado for playing an awesome game. I wish we had looked like we wanted it as much as they did. Two of their touchdowns were on what looked like undefended pass plays with receivers wide open near or in the end zone. Offensive miscues got us for a large part of the game, especially overthrown passes.

Our boys have come back from worse than this, and the one thing I have absolute faith in is that there's no give up in the Bulls. I think we'll take this and use it to fire us up for next week. Now and forever, GO BULLS!!!

ETA: LOVED seeing Pete Hart on the sidelines chewing on some hide! :)

SOONER09
09-25-2010, 08:15 AM
The bulls were outcoached and outplayed. I don't no when we are going to start using Huerta more instead of going deep everytime.

defense51
09-27-2010, 08:34 AM
These Alvarado kids are hungry, they are looking for some respect and have an excellent coaching team getting them prepared. Bridgeport has an awesome offensive scheme that gets a defense very spread out, no need to hang their heads, thay have a very good team. This was a great game on both sides, maybe a rematch in the playoffs would make for an awesome game?

hollywood
09-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by defense51
These Alvarado kids are hungry, they are looking for some respect and have an excellent coaching team getting them prepared. Bridgeport has an awesome offensive scheme that gets a defense very spread out, no need to hang their heads, thay have a very good team. This was a great game on both sides, maybe a rematch in the playoffs would make for an awesome game?

Oh no, another purple colored glasses poster. RUN... bandwagon... The Bulls are not a top 10 team this year. Graham will expose them. LOL

:D

Matthew328
09-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Very impressed with Alvarado...that game against Kennedale will be fun

defense51
09-27-2010, 02:43 PM
No bandwagon, no parade...but Alvarado keeps knocking off top ten ranked teams! And still the naysayers say the ranked team wasn't that good. Maybe...Maybe not...? No respect just fires these kids up and makes them play a little harder. Still 6 games to go before playoffs start, including an excellent Kennedale team in district play. But, the drums are beating in Alvarado!!!

Bullaholic
09-27-2010, 04:10 PM
No bandwagon, no parade...but Alvarado keeps knocking off top ten ranked teams! And still the naysayers say the ranked team wasn't that good. Maybe...Maybe not...? No respect just fires these kids up and makes them play a little harder. Still 6 games to go before playoffs start, including an excellent Kennedale team in district play. But, the drums are beating in Alvarado!!!

I think Alvarado has some of the best DB's the Bulls have faced in several years. As I said, the whole Indian team is good and should be in the playoff hunt for at least a few rounds, and maybe more.

LE Dad
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM
This should be an exciting game I will take the Bulls by 7!!!:D

BullsFan
09-27-2010, 11:24 PM

Don't take it personally. They're just knocking Bridgeport on principle. I suspect it has nothing to do with Alvarado. I certainly respect your Indians, and I see you guys making some noise in the playoffs. :)