PDA

View Full Version : Region II Week 4 Top 25

charlesrixey
09-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Region II is still a jumble of teams trying to figure themselves out. One team that seems to already have done so is Argyle, rolling along after a 61-0 win over Burkburnett. Right now they are the clear number 1 team although by playoff time Gilmer and Carthage, the defending state champions, should be ready to defend their titles. Dallas Madison is one team in particular that has been looking quite strong and is getting overlooked, while Lindale has also weathered quite a tough schedule and looks to be strong for the playoffs as well.

2010 Week Four 3A Region II Top 25
v13.0.5
Team/ 2010 Record (* 3ADL Rank)

1. Argyle (4-0)
2. Celina (4-0)
3. Henderson (4-0)
4. Lucas Lovejoy (2-1)
6. Gilmer (2-2)
5. Carthage (2-2)
7. Pittsburg (4-0)
8. Dallas Madison (3-0)
9. Lindale (2-2)
10. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau (3-1)
11. Prosper (2-2)
12. Canton (4-0)
13. Gladewater (2-2)
14. Wills Point (2-2)
15. Paris (2-2)
16. Sanger (4-0)
17. Texarkana Pleasant Grove (1-3)
18. Aubrey (2-1)
19. Van (3-1)
20. Dallas A. Maceo Smith (2-2)
21. Gainesville (3-1)
22. Pilot Point (1-3)
23. Kaufman (1-3)
24. Paris North Lamar (2-2)
25. Quinlan-Ford (4-0)
26. Anna (3-1)

charlesrixey
09-19-2010, 03:12 PM
ttt

Pawdaddy
09-19-2010, 04:50 PM
WOW! Four of the top severn in the same district!!! And two of those have two losses. Must be a very weak region!!!;) ;)

LE Dad
09-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Last game before they start counting coming up. I am really wondering about Carthage. They have sustained several iinjuries and are getting taken apart right now. If they don't get some kids to step up they could be on the outside looking in after wk7. I will know if Henderson is for real after Friday. I just don't know if they can move the ball on our D but I also don't know if we can move it on theirs.
Lindale will probably make playoffs but will be out by 3rd round. Madison has put some points up and that concerns me are they small or big school?

gatordaze
09-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
One team that seems to already have done so is Argyle, rolling along after a 61-0 win over Burkburnett. Right now they are the clear number 1 team

Although I absolutely agree with your ranking, I do not believe that Argyle is "clearly" the number 1. If anything they share # 1 with Celina after 4 games. The narrow victory over Lovejoy is impressive but upon review of LL's relative strength not worthy of all that.

The only comparisons that can be made at this point is the relative strength of each teams opponents and rankings by the ranking bodies. Lets look at rankings first. After review of the available rankers like AP, Max Preps, Massey, and DCTF Celina and Argyle are dead even both accumulate 17 pooints for an avaerage ranking of 4.25.

If you compare the relative strength of their competitors based upon Max Preps and Massey as they are the ones tathat I have access to that list all competitors the breakdown is as follows:

Celina: MaxPreps Massey Argyle:
Ranchview

gatordaze
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Although I absolutely agree with your ranking, I do not believe that Argyle is "clearly" the number 1. If anything they share # 1 with Celina after 4 games. The narrow victory over Lovejoy is impressive but upon review of LL's relative strength not worthy of all that.

The only comparisons that can be made at this point is the relative strength of each teams opponents and rankings by the ranking bodies. Lets look at rankings first. After review of the available rankers like AP, Max Preps, Massey, and DCTF Celina and Argyle are dead even both accumulate 17 pooints for an avaerage ranking of 4.25.

If you compare the relative strength of their competitors based upon Max Preps and Massey as they are the ones tathat I have access to that list all competitors the breakdown is as follows:

Part 2...

If you compare rankings; Celina and Argyle are dead even according to the average of Max Preps, Massey, DCTF and the AP through week 3.

Celina's 4 opponents are ranked an average of 350th in the state and Argyles are ranked 376th. Argyles win over LL is looking less impressive when you compare the relative weakness of LL's wins being against teams ranked an average of 520.

Argyles 61 v. Celinas 40 is put into context when you consider Burks D is ranked 674 while Melissa's D is ranked 128. Is Celina better? I don't know but it is far from clear!

Want to see the showdown? Pull against Sanger...

BLACK ATTACK
09-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Of Course......everyone knows Celina is better.....

gatordaze
09-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Dup

gatordaze
09-19-2010, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by BLACK ATTACK
Of Course......everyone knows Celina is better.....

Not better just not clearly worse. Celina/Argyle will be a much better game than Celina/Lovejoy.

Lovejoy's big slow O-line and their no splits offense clogs up the middle and will never be effective against the Celina D.

Spread em out and air it out oif you want to beat Celina.

charlesrixey
09-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Obviously i am from Celina and i think highly of them, but their defense is still coming around. There are a lot of really good offenses in Region II this year, but Argyle's defense is the best right now IMHO. Those who know know that Melissa is a decent team that will be in 3A soon. However, their offense is down a little this year so it is hard to say how much better Celina was on defense from last week to this one.

I think by playoff time Gilmer will be looking fine, and possibly Carthage.

and any of the teams 7-11 could surprise one of the 1-6 teams in the playoffs