PDA

View Full Version : Okay, lemme explain the Marion beating Burnet stuff...

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 05:49 PM
What was I doing?

I wasn't making fun of Marion, this was only to play around with the Burnet fans and see what kinda stuff they'd say... In a way I got the reaction I expected from a few, but in another way I didn't... I expected more of a playful atmosphere in the posts like most Burnet posts generate (AKA: Got Burnet? etc...)...

But why chose Marion?

I had noticed every time that I got on today the 'Marion Who???' thread had grown... I really didn't even take the time-out to read it, and I really don't even know Marion's current record (all I know is that a couple of years ago they had a good team)...

I figured that for the first time in a LONNNNNNNG time, Burnet wasn't the team getting most of the posts/replies on the board for the day so I figured 'Hey, I know a team that could beat Burnet' just for the heck of it... I don't even know if Marion would go D1 or D2 or if they'd even MAKE it to the playoffs... I just thought it'd get a good reaction...

But when I didn't get the reaction I expected from that post (I instead felt a defensive rising from a couple of you) I said "Hey, maybe I can get on their nerves with this and have a little fun"...

All I have to say is "I'm sorry"... Not that I ticked you guys off, not that I was making fun of Marion (which I wasn't), but because we can no longer have fun on this message board...

From now on I will respond to nothing non-football related and will not post anything non-football related...

Okay, I might, but I will not try to be funny...

PPHSfan
10-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Or Gobb, You could just stick your toungue out at them :p

It's what I would do.

People who can't take a joke probably shouldn't tell their grandparents with Alzheimer’s to hide their own easter eggs.

PAINTBALL
10-22-2003, 06:02 PM
I wish you had read the post under the Marion Who before you started the post. It's O.K. to have fun and I laughed out loud the first couple, but felt sorry for the Marion fans. Sometimes laughter is at the expense of someone else's feelings. When it just kept going I had to make my post. No hard feelings. Funny is good and don't stop being funny.

mwisnews
10-22-2003, 08:28 PM
We need a better explanation why Marion would be better. Who are the good are the players. Why type of plays do they run? We don't know. Even though I live in Huntsville, I go with my grandparents and go to the games when I down in the fall. The defense is smothering. Running the 4-4 and will blitz you to death. On offense McGee can run and throw it long. I have seen this. Don't give us this they have more post crap. We need a reason how they would beat Burnet.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2003, 08:30 PM
mwisnews:
We need a better explanation why Marion would be better. Who are the good are the players. Why type of plays do they run? We don't know. Even though I live in Huntsville, I go with my grandparents and go to the games when I down in the fall. The defense is smothering. Running the 4-4 and will blitz you to death. On offense McGee can run and throw it long. I have seen this. Don't give us this they have more post crap. We need a reason how they would beat Burnet.Man, I didn't know they had a program like that in Huntsville... Dang, always thought that was a tough prison...

mwisnews
10-22-2003, 08:31 PM
We need a better explanation why Marion would be better. Who are the good are the players? What type of plays do they run? We don't know. Even though I live in Huntsville, I go with my grandparents and go to the games when I down in the fall to visit them. I have seen them play. The defense is smothering. They run the 4-4 and will blitz you to death. On offense McGee can run and throw it long. I have seen this. Don't give us this they have more posts crap. We need a reason how they would beat Burnet.