PDA

View Full Version : Texas @ Texas Tech (Merged)

DDBooger
09-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Nobody is talking bout it :thinking:
Does anyone think Tech ends Texas' chance at a title this weekend?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/lubbucklooms.jpg

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 12:14 PM
I am BBQ'ing a brisket Saturday for the game!

95mustang
09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Yes Tech could very well end the title hopes of Texas this weekend. Texas has yet to impress me much this year.

JJWalker
09-14-2010, 12:37 PM
There is a possibility that Texas is heading into this game too early in the season ... and the Longhorn title run ends on Saturday.

Rocket
09-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by JJWalker
There is a possibility that Texas is heading into this game too early in the season ... and the Longhorn title run ends on Saturday.

LOL nope... Overhyper

RoyceTTU
09-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I think if Texas starts off like they did against Wyoming in the first half, my RedRaiders will be up by 21 by half. At that point it wouldn't take too much to push them over the edge.

If Texas plays like they did the second half, Tech will need to score 50 to keep up and they still might need a turnover or two to get the win.

Potts has much to prove this year after getting beat down time and time again last year from Texas. He seems to be much more poised and the OC has simplified some of his progressions and reads so that he is less likely to make the big mistakes he did last year. This might be enough to get the over the hump.

Either way, Texas needs to pound on Potts and Tech needs to pound on Gilbert to win the game. Should be exciting!!!

Old Tiger
09-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I think if Texas starts off like they did against Wyoming in the first half, my RedRaiders will be up by 21 by half. At that point it wouldn't take too much to push them over the edge.

If Texas plays like they did the second half, Tech will need to score 50 to keep up and they still might need a turnover or two to get the win.

Potts has much to prove this year after getting beat down time and time again last year from Texas. He seems to be much more poised and the OC has simplified some of his progressions and reads so that he is less likely to make the big mistakes he did last year. This might be enough to get the over the hump.

Either way, Texas needs to pound on Potts and Tech needs to poing on Gilbert to win the game. Should be exciting!!! Is it a sad state where a Mike leach progression has to be simplified for your QB? Nothing Texas has done on defense leads me to be believe that Tech could score 21 early in this game.

PPSTATEBOUND
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech gets bounced....Texas by 24

RoyceTTU
09-14-2010, 12:43 PM
On a side note, I'm probably walking out on a thin limb since its so early in the year. The Tech defence will suprise you all. I thought last year under Ruffin they made leaps and bounds. After watching them against SMU and NM, I think they can be very tough to move the ball on.

As I said, "a thin limb", we will see

RoyceTTU
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Is it a sad state where a Mike leach progression has to be simplified for your QB?

Oh, don't get me wrong, Sticks would do much better. Potts is not my pick but I will support him.

ronwx5x
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
On a side note, I'm probably walking out on a thin limb since its so early in the year. The Tech defence will suprise you all. I thought last year under Ruffin they made leaps and bounds. After watching them against SMU and NM, I think they can be very tough to move the ball on.

As I said, "a thin limb", we will see

IMO, the defense is still suspect. Tech allowed SMU to score 27 on them and the game was actually close. I would love to see my Raiders win, but they better have their best day so far this year.

DDBooger
09-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
IMO, the defense is still suspect. Tech allowed SMU to score 27 on them and the game was actually close. I would love to see my Raiders win, but they better have their best day so far this year. IN Lubbock vs TEXAS, I think they'll be pumped and the crowd will be hostile. This is certainly a dangerous game for Texas.

slpybear the bullfan
09-14-2010, 01:00 PM
DD, I also think this is a dangerous game and worry about the Horns.

But...

...that pic you posted in the first post is GUH-HEY.

DDBooger
09-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
DD, I also think this is a dangerous game and worry about the Horns.

But...

...that pic you posted in the first post is GUH-HEY. wasn't meant to be flattering. Their fans are "classless clowns" according to some A&M fans. Get it? ;)

Johnny Utah
09-14-2010, 01:34 PM
I will be at the game in Lubbock, hope it is a good one.

JJWalker
09-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
LOL nope... Overhyper
It the the Texas Longhorns ... not the Brownwood Lions. I believe Tech could win this game.

Eagle 1
09-14-2010, 02:38 PM
I'm still pissed about the Leach thing, but even though defense is still giving up points at least they are showing some different looks.

I don't really care for Potts either, but the game is in Lubbock. :devil:

Tech by 10.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
I will be at the game in Lubbock, hope it is a good one.

I won't be AT the game....but I will be in Lubbock in the parking lot at a huge tailgate party!!

My first college tailgate.....I'm excited!!!:D :D

JDOG
09-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Texas will come to play and open the playbook. I think Tech has a better coach now but Texas will win by 28.

LionKing
09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Texas has some question marks offensively, Tech has question marks also, for Tech to win, they'll have to play better than they did in 08', in the end though, Texas wins.

Eagle 1
09-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I won't be AT the game....but I will be in Lubbock in the parking lot at a huge tailgate party!!

My first college tailgate.....I'm excited!!!:D :D

Be sure we get some pictures! :D

Rocket
09-14-2010, 02:47 PM
It the the Texas Longhorns ... not the Brownwood Lions. I believe Tech could win this game.

Of course they could...highly doubtful tho

bk12
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
IMO, the defense is still suspect. Tech allowed SMU to score 27 on them and the game was actually close. I would love to see my Raiders win, but they better have their best day so far this year.
Dont forget that SMU us under the command of June Jones now and that is a very high powered offense that won a bowl game last year. I personally thought that SMU would score more but turnovers didn't help which is a good sign for the Tech defense. Tech offensive line was impressive against SMU and will be difficult against Texas as usual but I have a hunch that Tech makes it close and prevails 27-17. Goodluck to the Raiders and LaAdrian Waddle

lakers
09-14-2010, 04:42 PM
A lot of the students have already started claiming their spot in line for the game and this year we are going with a red out theme.

I am anxious to see how these 2 match up and so far I am much more impressed with Tubberville then I ever was with leach. Tubberville is the good ole country boy type that always has time for fans and promoting the university. Leach was an arrogant pr*ck that enjoyed going to the bar and getting hammered quite often.

Tech 38- Texas 31

Wreck 'Em TECH!!!

SintonPirateFan
09-14-2010, 04:47 PM
i like tuberville a lot more than that pirate-man-servant-to-bob-stoops leach, but i think the close game to smu showed they aren't a top tier team in the big 12 this year. and each game gilbert is taking over control of the horns offense more and more. if this game had been played towards the end of the season like it used to, i dont think tech would have had a chance.

as it is, Horns by 8.

Eagle 1
09-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Leach was an arrogant pr*ck that enjoyed going to the bar and getting hammered quite often.

Tech 38- Texas 31

Wreck 'Em TECH!!!

My kind of guy. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/drink/trink39.gif

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Texas wins easily...Tech fans just need to come to terms with reality

slingshot
09-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Texas wins easily...Tech fans just need to come to terms with reality Uhhh... no. This is not the same Texas team you've been accustomed to the last few years. Def down a few notches. They lose to Tech, OU and A&M this year. Way over-rated right now.

Johnny Utah
09-14-2010, 06:47 PM
No way they lose all 3 sling. Ranger Mom, tailgating is an art!!

Trashman
09-14-2010, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Nobody is talking bout it :thinking:
Does anyone think Tech ends Texas' chance at a title this weekend?

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/FCarrejo/lubbucklooms.jpg

The Texas offense is stagnant at best. If they don't turn it around this week, their hopes for an NC are done.:(

TMer25
09-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
The Texas offense is stagnant at best. If they don't turn it around this week, their hopes for an NC are done.:(

I think Texas opens it up a bit more offensively and gets Gilbert going early. Texas by 10

LH Panther Mom
09-14-2010, 10:30 PM
I have to DVR the game! :( NOBODY SEND ME UPDATES!!! I'm gonna be ticked if I know the results before I watch it.....unless we kick some Bevo butt! :D

TheDOCTORdre
09-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Uhhh... no. This is not the same Texas team you've been accustomed to the last few years. Def down a few notches. They lose to Tech, OU and A&M this year. Way over-rated right now.

Tech couldn't beat us with the high octane offense that Leach had them running, and you think they are going to be able to keep up with Texas now? Tech's O will not know what to do with UT's defense.

Daddy D 11
09-14-2010, 10:39 PM
I think it'll be a good tight game!

Here's to hoping that I'm watching it in wake of Baylors greatest football upset ever! :cheerl:

Tin Cup
09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Texas wins this one...just bc my girlfriend and all her family are tech fans :D

Texas 34
Tech28

SintonPirateFan
09-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I have to DVR the game! :( NOBODY SEND ME UPDATES!!! I'm gonna be ticked if I know the results before I watch it.....unless we kick some Bevo butt! :D

everybody hear that? LH Panther Mom wants play by play text updates!!

slingshot
09-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech couldn't beat us with the high octane offense that Leach had them running, and you think they are going to be able to keep up with Texas now? Tech's O will not know what to do with UT's defense. Now that Texas has no offense? Please... :rolleyes:

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech couldn't beat us with the high octane offense that Leach had them running, and you think they are going to be able to keep up with Texas now? Tech's O will not know what to do with UT's defense.

Really???

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-G81MPN1eTI/SQ8eTMk3ypI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/HC67h1__dmQ/s800/texas%20tech.jpg

ivchris
09-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Texas is going to have Tech rethinking the whole Leach firing after Saturday.

The longhorns are going to blow Tech off the grid.
I'm a Potts/Leong fan too....but I think the Texas D will be all over Potts. Especially that Randall kid.

BreckTxLonghorn
09-15-2010, 11:12 AM
It's going to be a good game, and will not be settled until late second half.

The main question for Texas is how long they will keep their new offense intact this game. If Tech's D comes out hyped (night game + red out + Texas=DUH), then I see Texas doing decent for a few drives, but ultimately no points on the board. From there, the Horns commitment to the new offense will depend on the defense.

Defense has carried the team in the first half of the first two games. If they keep doing what they're doing, then you'll see the run first offense work through its kinks for Texas. However, I see Tech scoring early 2nd, and if the Texas offense doesn't work out the corresponding drive, you're gonna see the shotgun spread rest of the game. From there, it's gonna be a game.

A game in Lubbock is always a crapshoot. Texas is 8-8 there last 16 games. I think Horns will win by anywhere from 8-12pts, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Old Tiger
09-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Eagle 1
Really???

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-G81MPN1eTI/SQ8eTMk3ypI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/HC67h1__dmQ/s800/texas%20tech.jpg 1 of only 2 wins in the last 10 years is your argument? 44-15 all time says hello also ;)

Daddy D 11
09-15-2010, 02:12 PM
1 of only 2 wins in the last 10 years is your argument? 44-15 all time says hello also ;)

LOL @ Tech's 2-8 record in the past 10 years against UT

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Really???

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-G81MPN1eTI/SQ8eTMk3ypI/AAAAAAAAAjQ/HC67h1__dmQ/s800/texas%20tech.jpg

and that resulted in a share of the Big XII south title, and a Cotton Bowl loss to Ole Miss. WTG Tech:clap: :clap: :clap:

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
everybody hear that? LH Panther Mom wants play by play text updates!!

Do I need to post a sticky thread with her cell number in it?

:D :D :D

SintonPirateFan
09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Do I need to post a sticky thread with her cell number in it?

:D :D :D

EXCELLENT idea! :clap: :clap:

Pmoney
09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
and that resulted in a share of the Big XII south title, and a Cotton Bowl loss to Ole Miss. WTG Tech:clap: :clap: :clap:
hey no one said that they went on to do great things after that game...you said that Tech couldn't win even with Leach's crazy offense but they did

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Your forgot to add UT missed out on the BCS championship game.;)
Anyway, I'm not sure with out researching it but I think Tech beat UT three times during the Mike Leach era. I do remember a few games that Tech lost by less than 10 points.
So saying "they couldn't beat them" is bs.

So what do you think about this years game?

TheDOCTORdre
09-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Your forgot to add UT missed out on the BCS championship game.;)

so success for ya'll is being a road block for Texas?:D

So what do you think about this years game?

Texas O has played pretty vanilla these first 2 games of the season trying to get their running game going, I expect Texas to throw early and often and look like a completely different team we have seen against Rice and Wyoming. Texas D will be solid. 31-17 Horns

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 07:03 PM

Hey it works for us. :D

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/golden/upload/2008/10/ttv.vs.ut.kids.jpg

No way UT limits Tech to just 17 points in Lubbock even with Potts at the helms.

Old Tiger
09-15-2010, 07:16 PM
best steason ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=290022641

DDBooger
09-15-2010, 08:00 PM

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=290022641 At least you didn't throw up that TT at OU scoreboard...man that was awful.

Eagle 1
09-15-2010, 08:01 PM

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=290022641

Correction, best season ever "yet"....:D

Pmoney
09-17-2010, 01:14 PM
I haven't seen anyone talk about the suggested "silent treatment." So What is everyone's view on this? If you do not know the silent treatment is an idea from SGA(to make us not look like "rude" fans). They want the students to turn around and hold up the guns up while Texas runs out on the field and while they play their school song. They say it will catch Texas off guard bc they will be expecting to be booed.

I think it is a dumb idea. The main reason is if we are quiet all the Texas players will hear is cheers from the Texas fans(I would expect 30-35% of the general admission) so they come into our house and get to hear cheers...well not while I'm still breathing

eagles_victory
09-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
I haven't seen anyone talk about the suggested "silent treatment." So What is everyone's view on this? If you do not know the silent treatment is an idea from SGA(to make us not look like "rude" fans). They want the students to turn around and hold up the guns up while Texas runs out on the field and while they play their school song. They say it will catch Texas off guard bc they will be expecting to be booed.

I think it is a dumb idea. The main reason is if we are quiet all the Texas players will hear is cheers from the Texas fans(I would expect 30-35% of the general admission) so they come into our house and get to hear cheers...well not while I'm still breathing Your probably right Im going with 3 other Texas fans... I expect Texas fans to make up a lot of the crowd from what I have heard.

Txbroadcaster
09-17-2010, 03:24 PM

I think it is a dumb idea. The main reason is if we are quiet all the Texas players will hear is cheers from the Texas fans(I would expect 30-35% of the general admission) so they come into our house and get to hear cheers...well not while I'm still breathing

That kind of thing IMO works great in basketball when the players can see the fans better...in football I dont think it will come across as intended

But it is not like the Texas players are going to spend the whole first half stunned because they were not booed lol

Ranger Mom
09-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I am going to tailgate party...and while I am not wearing any Texas gear...my daughter and son-in-law are. I just have a Texas chair.

We have already been warned that the guy throwing the party may get kinda mad at my kids for showing up in Texas stuff.

IMO, that is what makes a game so much more fun to watch, if there are fans from opposing sides there.

I may be kicked out of my first tailgate party if I have to defend my daughter!!:D :D

Caldwell_Raider
09-17-2010, 03:35 PM
I going out on a limb and say Tech wins 35-24....

I'm going to throw out a bold prediction and say Garrett Gilbert throws 2 ints.... In the first half ;)

Super_R
09-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Hey, didn't that fat Vince Gill look a like get fired? TT doesn't have a chance.

maroogreen
09-17-2010, 07:08 PM

I know Tech fans have a bad reputation (according to Aggies and Tea-sippers) and that is what the SGA is trying to counteract, but I think it's a dumb idea. One of the best things about playing in "the hole" is that the sound reverberates so well that teams can't hear a dang thing. My vote is for loud and proud. Guns up!

jambo67
09-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Tommy Tuberville has Mac Brown worried to the the Nth degree. Tuberville has legitimate hides on the wall with Auburn and elsewhere to the point Tech is gonna invade the Longhorn's personal space(recruiting) in the Big12 South in a bad way. The result will be OU rides herd over the South and Stoops cleans house with recruiting in Texas.

Daddy D 11
09-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by jambo67
Tommy Tuberville has Mac Brown worried to the the Nth degree. Tuberville has legitimate hides on the wall with Auburn and elsewhere to the point Tech is gonna invade the Longhorn's personal space(recruiting) in the Big12 South in a bad way. The result will be OU rides herd over the South and Stoops cleans house with recruiting in Texas.

LOL, thats a ridiculous comment.

Mack has the #1 class in the country right now and most experts say there isn't anything any other school can do this year to even come close to the class he has already put together.

If Leach and his high octane offense couldn't talk kids into Lubbock and Texas Tech University why would Tuberville be able to do it? Winning ALOT every year is the only way to do that and Tech won't do that.. OU and UT will always out recruit and with Sherman doing a decent job in the recruiting as well, Tech will always split what's left with A&M. Then you still have Baylor and Okie Lite in the mix stealing who ever is left.

Tech will never out recruit Texas and OU.

Also, with the stadium noise dilemma... in 2008 I talked to Gideon about a month after the season and he said that it wasn't even loud at all in Lubbock. He said Texas never switched to any different counts due to noise. He said that the Cotton Bowl, their home game against Mizzou and their home game against the Aggies were all twice as loud.
He basically put it in real terms that I had never really thought about before, he said "It was only 55,000. That is it. He goes "their only human, and 'Tech' students and/or fans aren't any louder than any other humans.. it simply isn't possible. LOL he goes 'we play home games in front of 100,000 plus and play road games in front of 80,000+'... "certain schools fans aren't any louder than others, specially when there is 50,000 less than your used to like Lubbock was."

Sounds so basic but I had never thought of it like that. You can only scream as loud as the dude next to you. And when there is only 55,000 of you, you aren't gonna be as loud as 100,000 fans.

TheDOCTORdre
09-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
LOL, thats a ridiculous comment.

Mack has the #1 class in the country right now and most experts say there isn't anything any other school can do this year to even come close to the class he has already put together.

If Leach and his high octane offense couldn't talk kids into Lubbock and Texas Tech University why would Tuberville be able to do it? Winning ALOT every year is the only way to do that and Tech won't do that.. OU and UT will always out recruit and with Sherman doing a decent job in the recruiting as well, Tech will always split what's left with A&M. Then you still have Baylor and Okie Lite in the mix stealing who ever is left.

Tech will never out recruit Texas and OU.

Also, with the stadium noise dilemma... in 2008 I talked to Gideon about a month after the season and he said that it wasn't even loud at all in Lubbock. He said Texas never switched to any different counts due to noise. He said that the Cotton Bowl, their home game against Mizzou and their home game against the Aggies were all twice as loud.
He basically put it in real terms that I had never really thought about before, he said "It was only 55,000. That is it. He goes "their only human, and 'Tech' students and/or fans aren't any louder than any other humans.. it simply isn't possible. LOL he goes 'we play home games in front of 100,000 plus and play road games in front of 80,000+'... "certain schools fans aren't any louder than others, specially when there is 50,000 less than your used to like Lubbock was."

Sounds so basic but I had never thought of it like that. You can only scream as loud as the dude next to you. And when there is only 55,000 of you, you aren't gonna be as loud as 100,000 fans.

you should know better than to use sound logic with Tech fans:D

Bullaholic
09-18-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech got the magic again this year or will Texas win this one?

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Tech got the magic again this year or will Texas win this one?

Texas wrecks Tech

Cameron Crazy
09-18-2010, 05:41 PM
Everyone is saying that Tech is going to roll Texas. I highly doubt this is going to happen considering Tuberville is there and his run run and maybe pass the ball a little offense is going to be right up Texas' alley.

Potts better play some smart ball or he will be ate up by the Texas defense. I'm only worried about Gilberts ability to play on the road, this will be his full away game. Should be interesting to see how he will handle himself.

Eagle 1
09-18-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech.:clap:

RoyceTTU
09-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Texas wrecks Tech

Tech wrecks Texas

They get after Gilbert early and frustrate him for the entire game.

RoyceTTU
09-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Everyone is saying that Tech is going to roll Texas. I highly doubt this is going to happen considering Tuberville is there and his run run and maybe pass the ball a little offense is going to be right up Texas' alley.

I'm guessing you havn't seen them play this year. They are still passing the ball 75% of the time. They brought in the OC from Troy University so that they could continue the Spread Offense.

LH_Tuff
09-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Should be another Texas/TT barnburner. Usually is in Lubbock. I think Texas pulls it out in the end 35-28.

skins4life
09-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Ugly already!!! ;) ;)

sinton66
09-18-2010, 07:32 PM
14-0 Horns.

TMer25
09-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
14-0 Horns.

Not near as vanilla offensively as they were the first 2 games

sinton66
09-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
Not near as vanilla offensively as they were the first 2 games

Pretty sure that was intentional.

M-town lobo fan
09-18-2010, 07:40 PM
14-0 its over!! TT is Horrible on D,This might be ugly

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 07:42 PM
That was a ridiculously generous spot for Texas.

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Tipped it and picked it. Nice play by Smith.

Yoe_09
09-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Not so fast my friend.

JJWalker
09-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by M-town lobo fan
14-0 its over!! TT is Horrible on D,This might be ugly
And ... M-town lobo fan is never heard from again ... LOL

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 08:05 PM
And ... M-town lobo fan is never heard from again ... LOL LOL....as is the case w/ ALL of my Horns fan buddies that were running their mouths early. It's just crickets now.

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy

Potts better play some smart ball or he will be ate up by the Texas defense. I'm only worried about Gilberts ability to play on the road, this will be his full away game. Should be interesting to see how he will handle himself. You are aware that Tuberville left the existing offensive scheme in tact right?

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Florida Intl 13
A&M 6
:eek:

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Florida Intl 13
A&M 6
:eek: Been keepin an eye on that. Much to my dismay. :doh:

sandmaster
09-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Fiu pick six 20-6

Bullaholic
09-18-2010, 08:22 PM
This has turned from looking like an early UT rout to a dogfight. 14-14 late 2nd.

sandmaster
09-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Fiu just picked off their fourth pass in the second half and they are on four consecutive possessions.

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by sandmaster
Fiu just picked off their fourth pass in the second half and they are on four consecutive possessions. IS the starting QB out?

lbjacj
09-18-2010, 08:33 PM
HORNS CAN'T CATCH THE BALL!:mad:

sandmaster
09-18-2010, 08:33 PM
No he is playing just not very well.

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 08:42 PM
WOW, Gilbert is not playing well at all!!

2 krunk
09-18-2010, 08:47 PM
the horns are depressing. i'd rather watch the cowboys. they can't block a 6 man football team!

Daddy D 11
09-18-2010, 08:51 PM
the play action under center passes set up by the run was killing tech on the first two drives... then greg davis abandoned that and texas went down the tube

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 08:55 PM
the play action under center passehttp://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=1455622s set up by the run was killing tech on the first two drives... then greg davis abandoned that and texas went down the tube

Greg Davis or Jason Garrett

:thinking: If you had to pick lol

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 08:57 PM

:thinking: If you had to pick lol LOL....I elect option C: Nuclear Winter.

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL....I elect option C: Nuclear Winter.
haha

Daddy D 11
09-18-2010, 08:58 PM

:thinking: If you had to pick lol

It is sad that both my teams i love have HORRIBLE OC's... and now, it's beginning to appear that Briles is an awful play caller as well

RoyceTTU
09-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, slow start but I'm not gonna complain. It was as I thought, we needed to get at Gilbert, It took a while but we are getting to him now. If I didn't know better Whitiker isn't 100% healthy as well as Newton.

Tech needs to stay after Gilbert and they can win this

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Well, slow start but I'm not gonna complain. It was as I thought, we needed to get at Gilbert, It took a while but we are getting to him now. If I didn't know better Whitiker isn't 100% healthy as well as Newton.

Tech needs to stay after Gilbert and they can win this If Texas doesn't get any help from the running game, he's in trouble. He looks VERY uncomfortable out there. I should have gone to OSU game, we're killing Tulsa right now. :mad:

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 09:00 PM
I think this game is a pick 'em at this point. I'm not sure Texas is that much better at this point, and as much as I like Gilbert and think he's the real deal long term, he's still very early in the college maturation process. He's not yet to the point where he can carry his team alone against big-time competition.

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ziggy29
I think this game is a pick 'em at this point. I'm not sure Texas is that much better at this point, and as much as I like Gilbert and think he's the real deal long term, he's still very early in the college maturation process. Makes ya appreciate how good Colt was as a freshman and sophomore.

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Makes ya appreciate how good Colt was as a freshman and sophomore. He also had a lot of great support. The Horns are certainly missing a step or so from previous years so far. They'll come around no doubt though. They always do. I still wouldn't be surprised if they lose 2+ games this year.

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Makes ya appreciate how good Colt was as a freshman and sophomore.
Yeah, it really does, and I almost commented on that. Like I said, I think Gilbert will be really good when all is said and done, but Colt was ridiculously mature beyond his years from the get-go. It's really not fair to Gilbert to expect him to be on the same track. Very few are.

Daddy D 11
09-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Yeah, it really does, and I almost commented on that. Like I said, I think Gilbert will be really good when all is said and done, but Colt was ridiculously mature beyond his years from the get-go. It's really not fair to Gilbert to expect him to be on the same track. Very few are.

3 tipped picks and now he's immature?

He could have gotten rid of the ball a little earlier in a few instances but that is it

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
He also had a lot of great support. The Horns are certainly missing a step or so from previous years so far. They'll come around no doubt though. They always do. I still wouldn't be surprised if they lose 2+ games this year.

Unless Gilbert turns into Superman quickly -- which isn't fair to him -- I can see them losing a couple games this year based on what I've seen so far. Right now I think OU would beat them on any given day on a neutral field.

Eagle 1
09-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Texas wins easily...Tech fans just need to come to terms with reality
So hows that working out so far?

ziggy29
09-18-2010, 09:07 PM

He could have gotten rid of the ball a little earlier in a few instances but that is it
Uh, I didn't say Gilbert was immature. I said McCoy was mature beyond his years. Only in an overactive imagination does that allow someone to conclude I said he was "immature" or unready for this stage.

Gilbert will be fine. The tipped picks aren't mostly his fault, but at some point if it keeps happening, he does need to adjust.

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Unless Gilbert turns into Superman quickly -- which isn't fair to him -- I can see them losing a couple games this year based on what I've seen so far. Right now I think OU would beat them on any given day on a neutral field. I think they are very well in danger of losing this one tonight, they would more than likely give one up to OU, and the A&M game is always an unknown from year to year.

I'm an Ags fan, and that is my unbiased opinion. The QB position is important anywhere...but is magnified at Texas as their running game hasn't been what it was expected to be so far this year.

DDBooger
09-18-2010, 09:08 PM
So hows that working out so far? You should have waited till the end of the game. Would have had more of a punch. lol

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 09:15 PM
LOL!!! That ref just got flipped like a cheese omelet!

Bullaholic
09-18-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't know where ABC got the camera crew from for this game, but the big play replays are horrible or non-existent. I'll admit that Tech has a quick rhythm offense, but still, at some point there ought to be able to show the big play replays that the play-by-play guy is trying to describe.

Eagle 1
09-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Potts benched ,,,,thank goodness!

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 09:24 PM
Just realized that it's Sheffield and not Potts under center. Uh oh!

Eagle 1
09-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I like stcks better, however the O-line is not helping matters much.

bwdlionfan
09-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Greg Davis is TERRIBLE...... stop running up the middle!!!

charlesrixey
09-18-2010, 09:37 PM

I agree. Gilbert hasn't made nearly as many mistakes as his final line will show

sinton66
09-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Texas must have over 100 yds in penalties.

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2010, 09:43 PM

No way UT limits Tech to just 17 points in Lubbock even with Potts at the helms.

really now?

Txbroadcaster
09-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Colt had more weapons around him..just simply by having a legit running game with Jamal Charles..he also had Limas Sweed his freshman year and Quan Crosby.

Gilbert has an unstable RB situation and talented but young un proven WR

IHStangFan
09-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Colt had more weapons around him..just simply by having a legit running game with Jamal Charles..he also had Limas Sweed his freshman year and Quan Crosby.

Gilbert has an unstable RB situation and talented but young un proven WR Yup

bwdlionfan
09-18-2010, 09:56 PM
TD Texas!!

charlesrixey
09-18-2010, 09:57 PM
Colt had more experienced weapons, for sure

these guys will be really good over time

exactly what texas needed-a 9 minute, 23 play drive to melt away the clock and end with a touchdown

sinton66
09-18-2010, 10:06 PM
Let's go Horns! Tine to close it out.

sinton66
09-18-2010, 10:10 PM
I was off on my penalty guess. It's only 11 penalties for 95 yads.

Eagle 1
09-18-2010, 10:24 PM
really now?

Well I admit I was wrong.
Potts sucks and Leach was an offensive genius.
Tech's defense did look pretty good at times.

I was really impressed with Jeffcoat for Texas.
It would be nice if he went on to play for the Cowboys someday.
I think UT will struggle against OU this year if they don't improve their offense.
Tech will struggle against everybody with their offense unless things change.

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Update?
I won't get my cable until Tuesday.:(

OldBison75
09-18-2010, 10:27 PM
1:00 left Texas 24 Tech 14

Texas has ball and will likely run out clock.

TheDOCTORdre
09-18-2010, 10:27 PM

I would be nice if he went on to play for the Cowboys someday.
I think UT will struggle against OU this year if they don't improve their offense.

and I as well will admit I was wrong about the easy win, nothing easy about it at all. I think if Texas gets by OU with a win Nebraska is gonna kill them

SintonFan
09-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
1:00 left Texas 24 Tech 14

Texas has ball and will likely run out clock.

Sweet!
Thanks.:clap:

Txbroadcaster
09-18-2010, 10:30 PM
IMO The stats and the game dont show how good the Texas offense actually played for most of the first half. The tipped ints in the redzone killed what should have been a 21-0 or 21-7 start to the game. After that The TTech D started doing a better job getting pressure. Davis is a BEAST

slpybear the bullfan
09-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
I think Texas opens it up a bit more offensively and gets Gilbert going early. Texas by 10 Winner winner chicken dinner!

slpybear the bullfan
09-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I don't know where ABC got the camera crew from for this game, but the big play replays are horrible or non-existent. I'll admit that Tech has a quick rhythm offense, but still, at some point there ought to be able to show the big play replays that the play-by-play guy is trying to describe.

agreed. Felt like the JV was in the production van.

slpybear the bullfan
09-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Wow, what a weird game to watch. Waaaay too many errors by Texas, but it also shows you what a young team it is.

4 turnovers that stifled Texas, Two that probably took points off the board.

Never should have been as close as it was on the scoreboard. But all the credit in the world to Tech for making it a battle.

Weirdest stat of the night, (besides the 24 play 9+ min drive by the horns)... Tech was limited to 103 yards of total offense before their drive with 2 mins left in the game. Wow. Can't remember the last time I saw a Tech stat like that?

Happy for the win for the Horns. But we need to work on the mistakes!

eagleqb_14
09-19-2010, 12:37 AM
hook em

Caldwell_Raider
09-19-2010, 01:35 AM

It would be nice if he went on to play for the Cowboys someday.

Texas defense is the best in the big 12 and probably the entire country this year.... Their defense will carry them throughout the year.

Tech will be fine on offense, 3rd game of the year learning a new system and facing the Texas defense isn't easy.

Caldwell_Raider
09-19-2010, 01:37 AM
Oh yeah congratulations to Texas, it was a weird but very exciting game to be at.

Gontex
09-19-2010, 08:43 AM

Texas O has played pretty vanilla these first 2 games of the season trying to get their running game going, I expect Texas to throw early and often and look like a completely different team we have seen against Rice and Wyoming. Texas D will be solid. 31-17 Horns

Pretty good prediction. Very close to the actual score. Good Job!

Pendragon13
09-19-2010, 09:56 AM
My thoughts on this game..

1. Texas offense needs to go back to the spread and forget about going under center....the RB's this year can't carry the team.

2. The ABC crew was worse than some of the interns ESPN sends to cover high school games. No multiple camera angles and sound was messed up all night.

3. Texas D may just be stout enough to carry them to the Big 12 title if the offense finds a way to score points when they get the ball back. That's a big IF though....the Big 12 overall is probably stronger this year.

4. Tech will be fine under Tuberville...he's still working with Leach recruits, but once he gets his own players in...watch out.

Daddy D 11
09-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
My thoughts on this game..

1. Texas offense needs to go back to the spread and forget about going under center....the RB's this year can't carry the team.

Newton and Fozzy barely played because they were both a little banged up. Under center UT moved the ball so much better than in the shotgun. Out of 5 wide, UT did absolutely nothing. The deep pass routes over the middle and down the sidelines were always wide ass open off of the play fake from under center. Those first 2 drives where we would set up those play actions with HB dives, Texas was moving it easily up the field. Then Davis abandoned that, went to more zone read out of the shotgun with attempts at RB and WR screens and the offense stalled. On that TD drive in the second half, 2 big pass plays were play actions from under center, that is what UT has been wanting to get at and last night I hope proves that that can be their bread and butter all year. Then.... once Malcolm Brown comes into town next year, that Ace back under center run-- then play action will absolutely murder defenses.

IF Texas sticks to the under center passing game I think Gilbert will be highly efficient all year while putting up big passing plays multiple times each game.